MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rogerio Nogueira could make March return
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira recently had to pull out of a scheduled fight against Brandon Vera at UFC 109. Though his ankle injury was severe enough to keep him off the Feb. 6 fight card, don’t be...
  2. Chris Wilson moves on, ready for a New Year
    There are no guarantees in mixed martial arts, but the only thing that is a virtual lock to keep a fighter with the Ultimate Fighting Championship is to rack up victories. After a series of up and...
  3. Frank Shamrock Set to Make His Strikeforce Return This March
    Mixed Martial Arts 'Legend', Frank Shamrock (23-10-2), says that he will make a return to the Strikeforce cage early this March: The 37-year-old veteran said on a recent edition of The MMA Hour that...
  4. Trigg, Serra Trade Barbs
    “Of course, I wanted Hughes again,” Serra said. “He came away with the decision in May, and myself and a lot of others disagree on that point. It was such a close fight. But it is what it is. I’m not...
  5. Melendez Says Bring On Shinya Aoki
    "He's No. 2 in the world and I was the lucky guy who won this fight, and they've been talking about bringing him to Strikeforce. Whether it's in his mind if I deserve it or not, I think I kind of...
  6. Brazilian Trainer Marco Jara Murdered
    He was kidnapped and shot after being car jacked in Brazil. link
  7. Marcus Jones retires from MMA
    Jones was featured on The Ultimate Fighter season 10 and quickly became a fan favorite and also one of the favorites to win the show. He was the only fighter on Team Rampage to earn a spot in the...
  8. It’s no more “Mr. Nice Guy” for Quinton Jackson
    UFC fans who have been watching Dana White’s video blogs for any length of time have likely seen Jackson and the UFC President joking around and hanging out as friends a number of times. Those days...
  9. Doc Hamilton Changes His Mind On Machida/Shogun Decision
    It turns out Hamilton believes he may have judged incorrectly after re-watching the fight. When UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida got his hand raised on Oct. 24 after his title defense...
  10. UFC 108's Rashad Evans: "Rampage" clash inevitable but Thiago Silva remains top priority
    From all the questions he's answered in the buildup to next week's UFC 108 event, you might just think Rashad Evans is fighting Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. The former champs, of course, were supposed...
  11. Reminder: "Countdown UFC 108" debuts Tuesday on Spike
    As a reminder, the next installment of the UFC's pre-event preview show debuts this Tuesday, Dec. 29, with "Countdown UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva." The special spotlights UFC 108, which takes place Jan....
  12. Jim Miller: Student of the game
    UFC 108 has quickly become known as the most cursed card in the promotion's history with injury after injury forcing fighters off the show. Some of the mainstays have had to become somewhat...
  13. Quote of the Day: Dana White Says UFC to Be Biggest Sport in the World
    "UFC will be the biggest sport in the world by 2020. People were saying I was a lunatic 10 years ago when we first got this going, but the stuff we’re working on right now on so many levels is...
  14. Quote of the Day 2: Fedor Emelianenko - "I Don't Make Faces"
    EA has been wrapping up the photo shoots for their upcoming MMA video game. During the sessions, fighters are asked to make various facial expressions such as a look of suprise or pain. Link
  15. 20/20 Vision: UFC's Dana White Lays Out A Rough 10-year Plan
    UFC will be the biggest sport in the world by 2020. People were saying I was a lunatic 10 years ago when we first got this going, but the stuff we’re working on right now on so many levels is...
  16. Marloes Coenen On Cris "Cyborg" Title Bout
    “She’s an amazing athlete. I will not deny that, but everybody is a human being with two arms and two legs, so everybody is beatable,” commented the challenger. “Everybody has some flaws in their...
  17. Kevin Burns, Shane Nelson, Edgar Garcia, and Darrill Schoonover cut by UFC
    Four fighters fave been released from their contractual obligations to the UFC following mutual losses in the month of December. Kevin Burns, Edgar Garcia, Shane Nelson and Darrill Schoonover have...
  18. The Case for Fighting Friends in Mixed Martial Arts
    Georges St. Pierre airs his apprehensions: "You can say 'Oh I'm going to play football, I'm going to play hockey, I'm going to play baseball.' But you can't say I'm going to play fighting. It's not a...
  19. FieLDS Dynamite!! 2009 Preview: Is This Kid Yamamoto's Last Shot at Redemption?
    There was a time when Kid Yamamoto's stock was as high, if not higher, than that of K-1 MAX uber-star Masato. When Kid's presence on a fight card would be a guarantee to put at least 15,000 bums on...
  20. Bellator adds notable Steve Carl to season-two welterweight tournament
    Add Steve Carl to the star-studded pool of fighters who will compete in Bellator Fighting Championships' season-two, eight-man welterweight tournament.Bellator today informed MMAjunkie.com...
  21. Control The Key To Silva's Title Aspiration
    “To perform my job and be the best, and get a win and be on track to be the champion,” Silva said of his goals. “That’s what I want, is to compete against the best and be the champion.”That can only...
  22. Hazelette Ready For Next Step In Trek To The Top
    Returning to the Octagon on Jan. 2 at UFC 108 after a slew of mishaps, Dustin Hazelett is ready to make an emphatic return.After rehabilitating a torn ACL suffered in preparation for a bout with Ben...
  23. UFC Quick Quote: Paul Daley training in secret for Dustin Hazelett
    I've had to sacrifice my entire Christmas to get ready for this fight and have been in lockdown for about six weeks now. I've done the bulk of my training at a secret location in Holland. I know...
  24. Dan Hardy: Georges St. Pierre should expect to get hit in the face over and over again at UFC 111
    He knows what's coming. He knows there's a left hook with his name on it and at some point in the 25 minutes I'll land it. I'm expecting him to take me down. At some point in the fight I'll end up on...
  25. 2009 World MMA Awards debuts Jan. 6 on Versus
    The 2009 World MMA Awards conclude this Wednesday, Dec. 30, with a red-carpet, black-tie ceremony that airs live on Versus.com at 10:30 p.m. ET (7:30 p.m. PT local time). The event, which celebrates...
  26. Anderson Silva Believes Nate Marquardt Will Be His Successor
    I think the next champion of this category will be Nate Marquardt. If I’m not over with the belt, I believe Nate will be the next champion 84kg, the next guy to win for a long, long time this way....
  27. Cantwell stays level, hungry, despite roller coaster year
    Talk about highs and lows. Steve Cantwell became a world champion at just 21 years of age in 2008, but went winless in 2009. So as he prepares for a new year and a bout against respected veteran...
  28. 38 and in his prime, The Janitor still loves cleaning clocks
    When Vladimir Matyushenko competed in his first mixed martial arts fight at the Battle in the Bayou back in September of 1997, Mike Tyson had only just taken a bite out of Evander Holyfield’s ear....
  29. The ‘Hitman’ Reloaded
    Imagine being a professional hit man and having your typical day at the office quickly turn on a dime from being a productive one to becoming the worst one in your career. In a split second, a clean...
  30. Fighting a restrictive MMA judging system
    Doc Hamilton can fix the system! When UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida got his hand raised on Oct. 24 after his title defense against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, in a fight where most polls...
  31. The Blueprint: Thiago Silva
    There are only a few things in life that are certain: death, taxes and Evans-Silva ending inside the distance. That’s right. I said it. There is no possible way that the main event at UFC 108 will...
  32. Stout enjoys profitable if odd year in the UFC
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=303827 It's been a profitable if somewhat strange year for Canadian fighter Sam (Hands of Stone) Stout. Stout won a decision over (Handsome) Matt Wiman at UFC 97 in...
  33. Phil Davis vs. Brian Stann At UFC 109, Koscheck Off?
    The curse strikes once again. There are reports that Josh Koscheck is the latest victim, off UFC 109 due to an undisclosed injury, cancelling a rematch with Paulo Thiago. No replacement named yet,...
  34. Josh Koscheck Off UFC 109 With Injury
    Josh Koscheck has been forced to pull out of his UFC 109 bout against Paulo Thiago due to an undisclosed injury. The bout was scheduled to take place on Feb. 6. At this time, it is unknown how long...
  35. Gegard Mousasi vs. Gary Goodridge set for year-end "Dynamite!! 2009" event
    A recently rumored contest between Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi (27-2-1) and UFC and PRIDE veteran Gary Goodridge (23-19-1) is apparently on.While DREAM, World Victory Road...
  36. King Mo accepts fine, promises more antics
    “King” Mo Lawal was fined 10 percent of his $10,000 fight purse by the California State Athletic Commission for spraying Rockstar energy drink in the cage at Strikeforce: Evolution. The act was a...
  37. Frank Mir Denies Steroids Played a Role in His Growth
    "I'm not gonna steer that route. The UFC drug tests the hell out of us. I get randomly drug tested all the time because I'm with the UFC. I'm sure there's a way around everything but that's a lot of...
  38. Dana White talks Gilbert Yvel
    UFC fans will get their first glimpse of maverick Dutch kickboxer Gilbert Yvel at UFC 108 on Saturday. "The Hurricane" comes in as a replacement for Gabriel Gonzaga to fight Brazilian heavyweight...
  39. Lashley hints at dropping pro wrestling
    Pro wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley - who makes his Strikeforce debut on January 30 - has hinted that he may soon have to ditch his pro wrestling obligations and focus solely on MMA. Presently...
  40. Bas Rutten ‘Living Mixed Martial Arts Part III’
    Once a year, PDG talks with Legendary Fighter and Analyst “El Guapo” Bas Rutten and asks him questions regarding the world of mixed martial arts and what his personal opinions are in regards to the...
  41. Report: Swick To Replace Koscheck at 109
    With welterweight contender Josh Koscheck (14-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) forced to bow out of a planned UFC 109 contest with Paulo Thiago (12-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), UFC officials were forced to search for a...
  42. Herschel Walker Fighting For Unemployed Husbands & Housewives Nationwide On 1/30
    Don't laugh. He might be older than even Randy Couture but he's also out to show the world that, as the old adage goes, age ain't nothing but a number. He says "I want to prove to all the...
  43. Mousasi's 2010 Plans: Strikeforce, DREAM, LHWGP, Boxing
    Yes, boxing. It would seem that Gegard Mousasi has quite a full plate on his 2010 schedule: His manager says in the first half of the year Mousasi will appear in both Strikeforce and DREAM, then...
  44. Ronaldo Jacaré Wants Jake Shields
    Dan Henderson, Jake Shields or Jason Miller: if you could choose, with who would you like to fight and how do you think that the fight would be? Jake Shields... He has the belt. Gegard Mousasi has...
  45. Exclusive: Cole Miller in a Rush to Win Again at UFC 108
    Losing is always miserable, but in a combat sport like MMA, getting beaten is no figure of speech. If you lose, you hurt; physically and badly. The risk and danger involved in MMA competition helps...
  46. Yvel Plans To Take Full Advantage Of UFC Shot
    When Affliction entertainment nailed up the shutters, the famed Dutch striker was left in limbo. He had been vocal about his UFC aspirations in the past, but nothing was set in stone until Gabriel...
  47. Jong Man Kim Replaces Marlon Sandro
    looks like jong man kim is in to face hideo tokoro http://www.dreamofficial.com/
  48. Thiago Silva content with Machida rematch after UFC 108 win
    link The 2010 plan for Brazilian slugger Thiago Silva (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) is a simple one: get another shot at Lyoto Machida. The former light heavyweight title challenger already took one step...
  49. Hulk Hogan: MMA is spanking the WWE pay-per-view business, brother
    "MMA is spanking the WWE as far as the pay-per-view stuff. Dana White and the UFC has done an amazing job, and it's all about timing. The UFC was ready to close its doors, they were losing a ton of...
  50. Renzo Gracie: Rashad Evans is "on fire" to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 108
    "Rashad is a really tough guy. I even feel he should fight one division down, at middleweight, because he’s practically my size. But he doesn’t want to hear it; he likes that weight and is on fire. I...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555