MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Scott Coker talks Henderson's three fights, Overeem, Aoki, more
    Scott Coker talks Fedor, Henderson, Oveereem, and more! Scott Coker touches on a bunch of hot topics as talks about possible fights for Henderson, Overeem returning, and more!
  2. Brian Bowles Defends WEC Bantamweight Title Against Dominick Cruz On 3/6
    WEC Bantamweight Champion Brian Bowles will defend his title for the first time against top challenger Dominick Cruz on March 6 at what likely will be WEC 47 in Columbus, Ohio. The fighters have...
  3. Mariusz Pudzianowski wins MMA debut at KSW 12
    The five-time World’s Strongest Man champion, Mariusz Pudzianowski blitzed through his MMA debut on Friday, Dec. 11, at KSW 12 in Warsaw, Poland. Facing a professional boxer and fellow MMA newcomer,...
  4. Dong Hyun Kim withdraws from UFC 110; Chris Lytle currently without opponent
    Undefeated Korean welterweight Dong Hyun Kim (12-0-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a planned UFC 110 bout with Chris Lytle (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC). A replacement for Kim wasn't...
  5. Is Gouveia ready to realize his potential?
    Wilson Gouveia’s talent is a blessing and a curse, says a longtime friend and trainer. American Top Team patriarch Ricardo Liborio met the fighter nine years ago, long before he became a competitor...
  6. Rashad Evans: ‘I don’t have time to worry about Rampage’
    Lost in the shuffle of Quinton Jackson’s recent announcement regarding his return to the UFC has been newfound nemesis Rashad Evans’ opinion on the situation. While “Rampage” made it clear his...
  7. Alabama Pride Event Cancelled
    According to Chad Bergmeier, Travis Fulton's manager on the UG: We signed a contract for this fight 2 months ago ...I was told all the money to promote this event was gathered and ready to pay for...
  8. Miguel Torres Targeted For WEC 47 Return
    With a firm date and location in place for WEC 47, the organization is now looking for an opponent for former Bantamweight champion Miguel Torres. Torres is expected to fight another top contender at...
  9. New approach kick-started Florian
    “The loss I am over but the fact I didn’t perform well is what hurts me even more. I’m looking forward to getting back out there and showing a new Kenny Florian. This is kind of the version 3.0 now....
  10. Markham Out of UFC 108
    link Doomed from the start! Rory Markham has withdrawn from a welterweight bout against Martin Kampmann at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas due to injury. Markham, the second fighter to pull out of...
  11. UFC 107 RECAP (spoiler)
    Main Card Penn dismantled Sanchez for five rounds and retained his belt with a one-sided, brutal, TKO victory in the main event of Saturday night's "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez event at FedExForum in...
  12. UFC 107 Bonuses (Spoiler)
    The MMA Junkie MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Alan Belcher, Wilson Gouveia, T.J. Grant and DaMarques Johnson each earned $65,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 107: Penn vs....
  13. "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez" draws reported 13,896 attendees for "over $1.5 million" gate
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The UFC's second-ever trip to Tennessee and first-ever to Memphis delivered on in-cage action, and a reported 13,896 fans came to the FedExForum to witness the events. UFC president...
  14. DANA WHITE: BOSTON NEXT SUMMER, HAWAII TOO
    weekly White confirmed on Saturday night at the UFC 107 post-fight press conference that the target is summer of 2010 at the TD Garden (a.k.a. the Boston Garden), a venue he has long coveted
  15. James Toney Coming To The UFC?
    5 oz of pain There looks like there may be a chance that we may have a respected boxing champion entering the Octagon a little sooner than many had previously expected
  16. BCN 5 - Bitetti Combat 5 Results
    Sherdog Carina Damm def Daiana Silva dos Santos via TKO (Punches) 3 3:27 Francimar Bodao def Alessandro Stefano via TKO (Punches) 1 1:50 Cassiano Tytschyo def Shane Williams via Sub (Guillotine...
  17. White ok for BJ at 170 but say work to be done at 155
    The MMA Junkie UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn's Saturday night win over top challenger Diego Sanchez was so convincing, so thorough, so utterly dominant, that Penn fans and MMA observers...
  18. Reluctant White hopes Liddell is one and done after "TUF 11" coaching gig
    The MMA Junkie If the recent announcement that Chuck Liddell (21-7 MMA, 16-6 UFC) will oppose Tito Ortiz (15-7-1 MMA, 14-7-1 UFC) in the upcoming 11th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" left you...
  19. Nogueira vs Velasquez Bisping vs Silva official for ufc 110
    The MMA Junkie Not that it mattered to the Australian ticket buyers, but two fights are finally official for the UFC's first trip Down Under. The UFC announced that recently reported fights of...
  20. FRANK MIR: "Carwin is a better version of Lesnar."
    Don’t get Frank Mir wrong – he’d like nothing more than a rematch with Brock Lesnar. He wants to show the fans, Lesnar, and most of all, himself, that the heavyweight champion's size is not an...
  21. UFC to Twice Air Live on Versus in 2010
    Versus, home of the WEC since June 2007, will begin carrying live UFC events in 2010 as part of a renewal agreement with Zuffa that will bring a total of seven WEC and two UFC events live to cable...
  22. Jean Silva retires: "I'm too tired"
    “Hey guys from TATAME, I announced to you in first hand my retirement. It’s 10 years of career and almost 40 fights. I’m too tired to train and administrate my new training center here in João...
  23. Dos Santos wants to knock Gilbert Yvel out
    “I was training to fight with Napão, but happened that he couldn’t fight so they putted Gilbert Yvel, who’s a very though guy, he’s coming from victory by knock out in front of Pedro Rizzo and has a...
  24. Volkmann To Replace Markham At UFC 108
    With Rory Markham out of UFC 108 due to injury, Jakob Volkmann has agreed to be the replacement. If it goes through as planned, Volkmann will face Markham's original opponent, Martin Kampmann....
  25. The Fate Of Gina Carano
    “Her agent and I have been in dialogue,” he added. “We had talked about having her fight again, but not fighting on Dec. 19. She’s going to acting classes, I heard, and doing a lot of weapons...
  26. Win or lose in WEC 45 main event, Donald Cerrone dropping to 145 pounds
    Win or lose at Saturday's WEC 45 event, top lightweight contender Donald Cerrone is dropping a weight class and competing at featherweight for some future fights.The WEC 45 headliner today announced...
  27. Shane Carwin would happily fight fellow UFC heavyweight contender Frank Mir
    With the Ultimate Fighting Championship's heavyweight division in a bit of disarray due to a rash of fighter injuries and champion Brock Lesnar's mysterious but obviously serious illness, one fighter...
  28. "WEC 47: Bowles vs. Cruz" official; Torres, Pulver also announced for March 6 event
    The show will be headlined by a bantamweight title fight between current champion Brian Bowles (8-0 MMA, 5-0 WEC) and top challenger Dominick Cruz (14-1 MMA, 4-1 WEC), while former champ Miguel...
  29. Fabricio Werdum: I imagine my next Strikeforce fight will be against Andrei Arlovski
    Strikeforce heavyweight contender Fabricio Werdum talks about a possible rematch with Andrei Arlovski in his next fight for the San Jose-based promotion in Spring 2010. "Vai Cavalo" went three rounds...
  30. UFC Fan Expo Set for Memorial Day Weekend, May 28th-29th
    This past July, the first-ever UFC Fan Expo took the sports world by storm, as fans celebrated the past, present, and future of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. So by popular demand, the UFC, in...
  31. Prangley Out; Lawler Waiting for New Opponent
    Robbie Lawler went nearly a year between bouts his last time out, and is currently six months between fights, hoping that Strikeforce can find him a new opponent by Saturday night. Lawler learned...
  32. Replacement John Gunderson gets Rafaello Oliviera at UFC 108
    UFC newcomer John Gunderson (22-6 MMA, 0-0 UFC) replaces Sean Sherk (33-4-1 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and meets fellow lightweight Rafaello Oliveira (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) next month at UFC 108. MMAjunkie.com...
  33. Sonnen Brings in Okami to 'Anchor' his Training Camp for UFC 109 Fight Against Marquardt
    We got men and women at war right now – they got real problems – so me complaining about where I come out on the card would be very arrogant. But with that said, there are guys that I’m opening the...
  34. DREAM and World Victory Road confirm fights for Dec. 31 "Dynamite!! 2009" event
    The fight card for DREAM and World Victory Road's Dec. 31 "Dynamite!! 2009" event got some serious depth today with the official announcement of numerous matchups, many of which pit one of the...
  35. Thiago Alves To Return At UFC 111
    Former welterweight contender Thiago Alves will make his return to action at UFC 111 on March 27, 2010.Alves suffered a PCL tear in training for a bout with Jon Fitch at UFC 107, but has recently...
  36. Strikeforce on CBS Locked for April
    CBS has formally agreed to air its second Strikeforce event in April, Sherdog.com has learned from an executive within the major network.A specific date and venue has not been decided, though...
  37. UFC 107 Medical Suspensions
    The Tennessee Athletic Commission has announced the medical suspensions from UFC 107. 18 fighters in all got suspensions, but most were in the range of 3-45 days. Only Clay Guida and Matt Wiman got...
  38. Ricardo Almeida likely for UFC 111 in March, bout with Thiago Alves possible
    While a knee injury forced grappling ace Ricardo Almeida (11-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) out of a planned UFC 106 bout with Jon Fitch, "Big Dog" apparently won't sit out for long. And while Almeida couldn't...
  39. Yvel glad to finally get his shot in the UFC
    Gilbert Yvel has finalized a seven-fight deal with the UFC that kicks off with a main card showdown with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 108. Santos was originally scheduled to face former contender Gabriel...
  40. Josh Thomson: ‘I didn’t even watch the last fight’ with Gilbert Melendez'
    Fellow Strikeforce lightweight champions Josh Thomson and Gilbert Melendez are far from strangers heading into this Saturday evening’s “Strikeforce: Evolution” card where the pair will face off for...
  41. little Nog out of 109
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira has withdrawn from his co-headlining light heavyweight contest against Brandon Vera at UFC 109 on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas due to injury, Sherdog.com has learned from multiple...
  42. Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir in the works for interim heavyweight title at UFC 111 in March
    While UFC president Dana White recently said the status of UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar would be decided in the next four to six weeks, things are apparently progressing much faster....
  43. Brandon 'The Truth' Vera Vs Jon 'Bones' Jones At UFC Fight Night 21, March 31, Denver, Colorado
    An ankle injury has forced recent UFC addition Antonio Rogerio Nogueira out of a planned bout with fellow light heavyweight Brandon Vera (11-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) on Feb. 6 at UFC 109. While the latest...
  44. Strikeforce Newcomer Brian Travers Off Saturday's Event
    It seems even those outside UFC are not safe from the recent injury curse. Strikeforce newcomer Brian Travers, who was to have debuted in the promotion Saturday, is now off due to an injury in...
  45. Cain Velasquez Has Too Much Respect For Big Nog
    And the fast-rising UFC Heavyweight even says so. In a recent newspaper interview on his UFC 110 fight against Minotauro Nogueira, he's quoted as saying "It's going to be a tough fight. Minotauro is...
  46. Yves Jabouin Off WEC 46, Hominick Awaits Replacement
    And yet another one down...the recent MMA injury curse's latest victim is Yves Jabouin. He's now off WEC 46 due to an undisclosed injury, meaning Mark Hominick now needs a new opponent. No...
  47. TUF 10 Finale Drug Tests: All Clean
    The TUF 10 Finale was officially a drug-free zone. NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer today announced that 9 fighters on the event were tested for drugs after the event, and all passed. Both main...
  48. Spike TV To Air 10 Prelim PPV Teasers In '10
    After three successful broadcasts in 2009, Spike TV officials today announced the cable station will air a total of 10 preliminary-card specials prior to UFC pay-per-view events in 2010. The one-hour...
  49. Palhares: “I can do even better”
    Winning for the third time in the UFC, Rousimar “Toquinho” Palhares finished the fight against Lúcio Linhares with his favorite move: attacking the foot. “The fight was good, I won, what’s most...
  50. Okay, Erin Toughill Has a Point About Kim Couture’s Website
    The beef between female fighters Erin Toughill and Kim Couture just won’t die, mainly because Toughill won’t let it die. She hates “Sugar Free” so much, she managed to take a UG thread about Gina...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542