MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Announces PPV Card For UFC 109
    UFC today announced the 5 fights that will make up the PPV portion of it's Super Bowl-weekend event, UFC 109. Dubbed "Relentless", the event iwll be headlined by Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman as...
  2. UFC Announces Prelim Card For 109
    Shortly after announcing the main card fights for UFC 109, UFC has now announced the prelim matches, which likely completes the card. 6 prelims are on tap for the event, with 2 new fights added...
  3. TUF 10 Finale Medical Suspensions
    The NSAC has posted the official TUF 10 Finale results on it's website, which also reveal the medical suspensions coming out of the event. Article (PDF)
  4. WEC 44 Drug Tests: All Clean
    WEC 44 was officially a drug-free zone. The NSAC today confirmed that the 9 fighters tested at WEC 44 for drugs of abuse and performance-enhancing drugs all passed. Article
  5. Video: Frank Mir says Roy Nelson should drop to 205, rips Nogueira for excuses
    In this video interview with former heavyweight champion Frank Mir, we get his thoughts on Kimbo Slice, Roy Nelson, Brock Lesnar and a rematch against Antonio Minotauro Nogueira. Mir rips into...
  6. TUF 10 Finale: 3.7 Million Viewers, 5.2 Million For Kimbo
    Kimbo Slice still knows how to draw. The ratings for the TUF 10 Finale Saturday night are now out: 3.7 million viewers was the average for the entire broadcast, but the peak was 5.2 million for Kimbo...
  7. Jon Jones to Protest Loss To Matt Hamill
    Jon should have been deducted a point for the accidental illegal blow. Matt should have been treated like we treat the Brazilians and given 5 minutes to regroup and offered a translator so the ref...
    Pages: 2
  8. Interview with TUF 10 Winner Roy Nelson
    Hello and welcome to MMA SUCKA! Thanks for joining us Roy Q. Congratulations on your wins on TUF, i personally enjoyed both fights and was wondering if you did actually count your punches against...
  9. Update on controversial UFC sponsor Hoelzer Reich
    It was only a matter of time. California-based Hoelzer Reich apparel company has been banned from sponsoring fighters at future UFC and WEC events. WEC general manager Reed Harris expressed his...
  10. Carlos Condit injury forces cancellation of UFC 108 bout with Paul Daley
    After weeks of searching for a main event for the first event of 2010, the UFC has now lost a planned co-feature bout for UFC 108. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from a source close to...
  11. Bellator Matchmaker Resigns
    Matt Stansell, matchmaker for tournament-based fight promotion Bellator Fighting Championships, resigned his post on Monday. Stansell and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said the split was amicable, though...
  12. Olympic Wrestler Ben Askren Signs With Bellator
    Ben Askren, the aspiring MMA fighter and former NCAA champion and Olympic wrestler, has signed with the Bellator Fighting Championships. Askren will fight in Bellator's welterweight tournament, which...
  13. Stephens-Lentz At UFN 20 Now Off
    The injury bug returns with a vengeance. It's second victim today is Jeremy Stephens-his fight with Nik Lentz at UFN 20 in January is now off due to an injury suffered in training. No replacement...
  14. Aoki May Fight In Strikeforce As Soon As March
    Shinya Aoki could make his Strikeforce debut in March, according to the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion’s CEO.Scott Coker on Monday told MMAWeekly.com that “dialogue was continuing” with Aoki’s camp...
  15. Ultimate K-1 vs. MMA clash: Sadaharu Tanigawa wants Schilt and Overeem 'to defeat Fedor'
    During the K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 post-fight press conference held on Sunday, Dec. 6, K-1 event producer, Sadaharu Tanigawa, hinted at the continuation of the "K-1 vs. MMA" clash that began in...
  16. No Kimbo, no regrets for Coker and Strikeforce
    You may think he sucks and a sham but Kimbo Slice has now proven over and over again that he's a fight promoter's dream. Both of Kimbo's fights on CBS did big numbers and he delivered over 11...
  17. Denis Kang, Brock Larson and others released from their UFC contracts
    Multiple sources report that the UFC brass has issued a latest batch of pink slips: The most high-profile castoff of the bunch is none other than the former top 10 middleweight, Denis Kang. Kang...
  18. Thiago Tavares tapped to face Nik Lentz at UFC Fight Night 20
    While Brazilian submission ace Thiago Tavares (14-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) saw injuries force him out of two separate contests in 2009, the American Top Team fighter now finds himself on the other side of the...
  19. Paul Daley: ‘Condit is a big p****’
    As it stands now, Daley has been left without an opponent for a fight he still intends to take one way or the other less than a month from now on January 2, and he’s not the least bit happy about the...
  20. UFC 108: Dustin Hazelett Agrees To Replace Carlos Condit
    Left without a fight recently when Karo Parisyan pulled out of his scheduled fight with him at the last minute, Dustin Hazelett now has a fight again. He has verbally agreed to replace an injured...
  21. Frank Mir on Chieck Kongo
    As for Mir, many of his detractors have accused him of cockiness and of having a overabundance of arrogance and ego. Yet in the following video, which I have posted here for my friends to critique...
  22. Harris: Jens Pulver Returns In 2010
    Although his comments following his last fight in WEC suggested otherwise, Jens Pulver will be returning to the cage in 2010. That's the latest word from WEC GM Reed Harris, who simply said "Jens is...
  23. Hamill: Jon Jones Didn't Lose And I Didn't Win
    Although Jon Jones' disqualification eventually led him to a win, Matt Hamill doesn't consider it a victory–and he doesn't think Jones should consider it a loss either. At The Ultimate Fighter 10...
  24. UFC Hoping for a July 2010 Return for Brock Lesnar
    According to Heavy.com, Brock Lesnar is back on his feet after a nasty case of diverticulitis, and the UFC is targeting July as a potential return date for the heavyweight champ; Lesnar's...
  25. WEC Quick Quote: Donald Cerrone is going to call out Jose Aldo
    "I’m going to call out Jose Aldo and drop down to 145. I’m really looking forward to that. I’m not running away from the 155 pound weight class. I’m going to stay at 155, but just also going to fight...
  26. BJ Penn casts doubt on Diego's craziness
    BJ Penn says he won’t be rattled by vocal gymnastics coming towards the Octagon – if he can even hear them – when he faces Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 on Saturday. Sanchez, winner of the original...
  27. Clay Guida, "I make guys fight my fight"
    The exciting and always dangerous Clay Guida is set on a collision course to continue his push to the top of an ever-growing lightweight division. Always an imposing threat, “The Carpenter” has now...
  28. UFC 107: Frank Mir Details How He Is Going To Put Cheick Kongo To Sleep
    A always talkative Frank Mir breaks down his improvements after losing to Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, details new training and predicts a very easy second round submission against Cheick Kongo on...
  29. Diego Sanchez: ‘I’m here to claim what’s mine’
    Diego Sanchez may be the challenger going into this weekends lightweight championship clash against B.J. Penn at UFC 107, but judging from The Nightmare’s recent statements during the UFC 107...
  30. BJ Penn: Diego Sanchez Is Underestimating Me
    MEMPHIS -- Diego Sanchez has repeatedly said that his endurance and cardio will be one of the reasons why he will defeat BJ Penn and capture the lightweight title at UFC 107 on Saturday. But when...
  31. White confirms Jackson's return, says Evans fights "Rampage" with UFC 108 win
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. – It was supposed to be a glorious day for former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. With the UFC rolling into his hometown of Memphis, Tenn., for this...
  32. UFC cuts Alexander
    No surprise here. UFC cutting Houston Alexander after loss to Kimbo Slice. link
  33. MMA Quick Quote: Herschel Walker calling on his younger personality for upcoming Strikeforce debut
    "You know what is strange? I didn’t want to mention my age. Like I said, I have these multiple personalities so that 25 year old that is inside is doing this fighting ... I have been in mixed martial...
  34. Alan Belcher: ‘I feel disrespected’, ‘ready to let my fists do the talking’
    Just two days shy of his UFC 107 showdown with the always dangerous Wilson Gouveia, Alan “The Talent” Belcher is flat out pissed, and it’s not at his opponent but the current predicament he finds...
  35. Major Surgery May Still be Needed for UFC'S Lesnar
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=301858 MEMPHIS, Tenn. - UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar continues to have serious health problems, according to UFC president Dana White. "He's still really...
  36. Frank Mir ‘went into depression’ and ‘got sick’ over Brock Lesnar obsession
    In what could now officially qualify as a somewhat unhealthy fanaticism in regards to avenging a previous, and utterly embarrassing defeat at the hands of current UFC heavyweight champion Brock...
  37. AKA: Sure, Train With Us, but Only if We Get a Percent of Your Income
    When Affliction went down in flames, Paul Buentello decided he might want to go to the UFC. Dana White's feelings on Zinkin Entertainment are well known, and Buentello decided to replace Bob Cook and...
  38. UFC Quick Quote: Rampage Jackson wants to fight, not spell
    "I had a very unpleasant 45-minute phone call with Rampage before the TUF finale (on Dec. 5). We started fighting on texts that day. He sent me a really bad text so I sent him a really bad text back....
  39. Bobby Lashley signs multi-year contract with Strikeforce MMA
    mmamania Former WWE star and collegiate wrestling champion Bobby Lashley (4-0) has signed a multi-year agreement with Strikeforce and will make his mixed martial arts debut for the San Jose-based...
  40. RVCA Banned by UFC
    link As evidenced by the black electrical tape covering the RVCA symbol on BJ Penn's shirt at today's pre-fight press conference. RVCA was banned from the UFC in mid-November due to their...
  41. Matt Hughes Confirms Renzo Gracie Bout
    Pack your bags for Abu Dhabi, Matt Hughes fans. Dana White confirmed yesterday the former UFC Welterweight Champion would next fight in April but wouldn't confirm it's against Renzo Gracie-or where....
  42. Tim Credeur Off UFN 20; Gerald Harris In
    One TUF 7 alum out, another one in. Tim Credeur has been forced off UFN 20 in January due to injury, he was to have faced Mike Massenzio. The replacement is fellow TUF 7 contestant Gerald Harris, who...
  43. UFC Prelims On Spike To Return For 108
    Spike TV has confirmed today they will once again air live UFC prelims in January, this time before UFC 108. Which ones haven't yet been determined. UFC & Spike officials continue to decide whether...
  44. UFC 110 Sells Out In One Day
    It didn't take long for UFC's Australia debut to be a success at the gate...in fact, it only took a few hours. After Fight Club members & Newsletter subscribers brought a reported 10,000 tickets to...
  45. UFC 107 Creature vs. Creature: Stefan Struve Is Too Tall To Headhunt
    UFC 107 hits Memphis, Tenn., tomorrow night for what was supposed to be a Quinton "Rampage" Jackson homecoming. Of course, we all know what happened next... link
  46. "UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva" takes another hit; lightweight Tyson Griffin out
    MMAJunkie.com When it rains, it pours. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the promotion that the UFC has lost another featured fighter in its first event of 2010....
  47. Tennessee Commission Greenlights Referee Shadowing
    Sherdog.com The Tennessee Athletic Commission may have stumbled upon a valuable tool in harvesting the next generation of mixed martial arts officials. TAC Executive Director Jeff Mullen, a former...
  48. Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy official for UFC 111 on March 27 in New Jersey
    mmajunkie.com MEMPHIS, Tenn. – British slugger Dan Hardy (23-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) knew he earned a shot at UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (19-2 MMA, 13-2 UFC) by defeating Mike Swick at...
  49. SHERK STEPS IN TO FACE JIM MILLER AT UFC 108
    mmaweekly.com Although tis was posted in a thread, just wanted to make sure all could see. With Tyson Griffin forced to withdraw from his UFC 108 bout with Jim Miller due to an undisclosed injury on...
  50. UFC 107 live weigh-in results
    link The official weigh-in results include: MAIN CARD Champ B.J. Penn (155) vs. Diego Sanchez (156) Cheick Kongo (239) vs. Frank Mir (264.5) Kenny Florian (156) vs. Clay Guida (156) Paul Buentello...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555