MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. A Shortage of Contenders for Lyoto Machida's UFC Light Heavyweight Title
    Because Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva lost so convincingly to Machida already, the winner of their UFC 108 showdown will still need another victory over a big name to regain credibility. link
  2. Michael Bisping Vs Wanderlei Silva Possible For UFC 110 In Australia
    Wanderlei Silva’s next fight will be with Michael Bisping, a well-placed Las Vegas source has told Fighters Only. The fight may headline the UFC’s first event in Australia, which takes place in...
  3. Leites ready for anything against Dean Lister
    “The expectation will be always good, even more now that I’m coming from two defeats, it’s a new start to me, actually. New event, new house... I’m training as if it were the most important fight of...
  4. Cote Wants Big Fights,Rematch With Anderson
    “I want a big fight right away, with a good style for me,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “I don’t want to fight a guy like Ricardo Almeida for my comeback fight. For sure it’s going to be a boring fight....
  5. Ben Saunders wants another chance at Mike Swick after 'uncalled for' remarks
    "After the [UFC 99] fight, (Swick) ended up coming to the back and talking for a bit. I was kind of feeling out if he was just trying to gloat or just trying to rub it in my face. What's going on...
  6. Shane McMahon looking to buy financial interest in UFC
    WWE executive Shane McMahon is reportedly looking to buy a financial interest in the UFC promotion to enter the MMA industry. McMahon will officially leave his WWE position as VP of Global Media on...
  7. Shine Fights Signs Murilo Rua
    Sorry Rua fans, but Murilo won't be following brother Mauricio to UFC anytime soon, nor will he fight for Strikeforce. The older of the Ruas has signed an exclusive 3-fight deal with Shine Fights and...
  8. UFC 106 Draws 10,529 Attendees, $3 Million Gate
    The NSAC today announced the official attendance & live gate for UFC 106. UFC claimed 10,529 fans and that was confirmed, but it was revealed that the total included 3898 comps/free tickets. The...
  9. WEC 44 Draws 1845 Attendees For $131,200 Gate
    The NSAC today announced the attendance and live gate for last week's WEC 44 event. The event drew 1845 total fans to The Pearl At The Palms, of which 1132 paid and 713 comps were issued. 297 tickets...
  10. TUF 10 fights are bad and boring
    ...according to TUF 8 coach Frank Mir. "I don't even know what's going on, I had to turn it off. I'm being serious. It was bad. Some of the fights were horrible. I haven't seen any fights in the WEC...
  11. Roger Huerta Is A Free Agent; Interested in bouts with Thomson, Melendez & Aoki
    Roger Huerta is officially in a position where he can entertain offers from promotions outside of the UFC following the completion of his contract with the promotion. According to a recent report...
  12. Dan Hardy: Koscheck is floating around like ‘a turd that won’t flush away’
    Never one for a loss of words on the subjects that matter, UFC welterweight title challenger Dan Hardy recently had an interesting perspective on Josh Koscheck’s career in the UFC on the heels of...
  13. Stamp Of Approval: Anderson Silva is ‘really happy’ to be compared to Jose Aldo
    A strong case could be made to coin the newly crowned WEC featherweight king as “Little Ong Bak”, but it now seems as if many have been referring to the just twenty-three year old 145 pound phenom...
  14. Josh Koscheck: ‘You haters can **** my ****’
    Love him or hate him, there is no doubt Josh Koscheck has proven himself inside of the Octagon. Coming off a win over the always dangerous Anthony Johnson at UFC 106 this past Saturday evening,...
  15. Bisping: “It’s an honour to be fighting Wanderlei Silva”
    “The Count” confirmed that he had agreed to the bout in principle and that it was simply a matter of signing on the dotted line. “It’s an honour to be fighting someone with the legendary status of...
  16. DREAM & WVR/Sengoku Announce Joint NYE Event
    It's now official-World Victory Road will be working with DREAM on 12/31 for the annual NYE Blowout show in Japan. Sengoku & DREAM will now cooperate on Fields Dynamite!! and as a result, the card...
  17. Frankie Edgar prepared to hit the curve ball
    In Frankie Edgar’s mind, if you can’t adapt, you shouldn’t be fighting. Edgar, 28, says he gained new confidence in himself with a decisive decision victory over former lightweight champion Sean...
  18. UFC 105 Drug Tests: Everyone Clean
    UFC VP of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner announced today that the drug test results from the 8 fighters tested after UFC 105 are back, all passed. Because England doesn't have a regulatory body to...
  19. UFC cuts welterweight Brock Larson following UFC 106 loss
    With a TKO loss to Brian Foster at this past weekend's UFC 106 event, UFC welterweight Brock Larson will now look for work outside the organization. The veteran fighter today confirmed with...
  20. Dana White: I tried to help ex-UFC fighter Karo Parisyan "several times" in past
    Nearly a week has passed since Karo Parisyan pulled out of UFC 106 and subsequently received his walking papers from the organization. UFC president Dana White first announced Parisyan's withdrawal...
  21. Anthony Johnson Passed Out Prior to UFC 106 Weigh-Ins
    UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson is a gigantic man. His typical walk-around weight is somewhere between 215 and 220 pounds, the same weight that many UFC light heavyweight fighters maintain when not...
  22. Shine Fights Signs Russian Alexander Shlemenko
    No, it's not a typo. Shine Fights, just a day after adding Murilo Rua to it's roster, has signed Russian middleweight Alexander Shlemenko to a 3-fight exclusive deal. The native Russian is 24-4...
  23. Gonzaga-Dos Santos At UFC 108 Now Off
    Curses! Again! The injury/illness bug has bit UFC once again, this time it got Gabriel Gonzaga. Yahoo Sports reports Gonzaga is now off of UFC 108 due to a staph infection. He was to have faced...
  24. The Gold Rush - Who Will challenge St-Pierre?
    The queue to challenge UFC welterweight champion Georges ‘Rush’ St-Pierre isn’t so much of an organised line as it is a communal gathering. There is little order, no hierarchy, and only a few...
  25. Did Tito Ortiz's return lead to Dan Henderson's possible UFC departure?
    With his vicious knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100, Dan Henderson fulfilled the terms of his previous contract, and a new one doesn't seem likely. After butting heads with UFC president Dana...
  26. Dana White vlog: Griffin apology caught on video
    Cagewriter told you about Forrest Griffin's apology to Anderson Silva just after his win over Tito Ortiz. After getting knockout by Silva back at UFC 101, Griffin sprinted from the cage. On Saturday...
  27. Rogers won round 1 and should have finished Fedor on the ground
    In this MMA Access feature, Mike Reilly from Team Bison (Brett Rogers’ head trainer) talked with PDG about Brett’s main event fight in Strikeforce, the training leading up to the fight and what is...
  28. Ben Saunders Wants Rematch With Swick
    Fresh off his knockout win over Marcus Davis at UFC 106, Ben Saunders would like to avenge the only loss on his record by getting a rematch with Mike Swick. “I would love a rematch with Mike Swick,”...
  29. Wagnney Fabiano Likely To Face Frank Gomez At WEC 46
    After watching teammate Jose Aldo become WEC Featherweight Champion, Wagnney Fabiano decided to drop to Bantamweight. His debut there is now set-Fabiano will face Frank Gomez at WEC 46. Paperwork...
  30. 'Last Emperor' on RT: Fedor Emelianenko's exclusive interview
    Fedor Emelianenko and the sweater in a 10 min interview with Russia Today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdAeDuOBlOs&feature=player_embedded#
  31. Ortiz vs Griffin Rematch Sells Only 62% Of Tickets
    Link Even though “UFC 106: Ortiz vs. Griffin 2? pulled in a cool $3,003,250 at the gate, the event only sold 6,631 of the available 10,762 tickets. Obviously, these were the after effects of losing...
  32. Bisping looks to bring in “Rampage” as his secret weapon
    Speaking from his home in the UK, Bisping said when asked about his preparations: Fingers crossed we’re going to get “Rampage” out for the training camp as well. Obviously that’s not confirmed yet...
  33. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez targeted for UFC 110 in Australia
    A highly anticipated heavyweight matchup between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Cain Velasquez (7-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) may take place Down Under. Despite reports circulating today that...
  34. Strikeforce offers discounted "Evolution" tickets for Black Friday
    Strikeforce fans can cash in on Black Friday without ever leaving the house. From Friday, Nov. 27, to Monday, Nov. 30, Strikeforce is offering up a 25 percent discount on select lower bowl tickets...
  35. Georges St. Pierre vs. Dan Hardy targeted for UFC 111 in New Jersey
    Georges St-Pierre (19-2 MMA, 13-2 UFC) will put his welterweight title on the line against British challenger Dan Hardy (23-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) at the as-yet-unannounced event, according to a report by...
  36. Report: Elvis Sinosic meets Chris Haseman at UFC 110 in Australia
    "The King of Rock n Rumble" will reportedly fight again for the UFC. Longtime MMA veteran Elvis Sinosic (8-11-2 MMA, 1-6 UFC) meets countryman Chris Haseman (20-16 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 110 in...
  37. Wanderlei Silva: “I'll kick Bisping's ass"
    Wanderlei Silva was scheduled to face Yoshohiro Akyiama at UFC 110, but the UFC matchmakers changed plans. In a video, posted yesterday in his website, “The Axe Murderer” confirmed the fight against...
  38. Cain Velasquez:The Last Man Standing
    At this point, Cain Velasquez might be the only healthy fighter on the UFC’s heavyweight roster.Velasquez, 27, has seen the division’s landscape alter drastically since his dominating TKO win over...
  39. Shine Fights Signs TUF Vet Jesse Forbes
    Shine Fights continued it's pre-holiday signing spree today, inking Jesse Forbes to a 3-fight deal. Forbes appeared on season 3 of The Ultimate Fighter, losing early to Noah Inhofer but coming back...
  40. Frank Mir says he is not afraid to stand with Cheick Kongo, wants to fight Brock Lesnar when healthy
    “I’ve never wanted a rematch this bad before and I’m willing to go through whoever they put in front of me in order to get it.” said Mir “I hope [Brock] recovers and is able to defend his title...
  41. Hard work pays off for Dan Hardy
    In an age where hundreds of fighters are under contract with the UFC, Dan Hardy’s short road to a title shot is somewhat of an anomaly. Maybe not for heavyweight, but for welterweight, one of the...
  42. After latest win, Billy Evangelista eyeing title shot
    With an undefeated record and a recent upset victory over UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel at "Strikeforce Challengers IV: Evangelista vs. Gurgel," Strikeforce contender Billy Evangelista (10-0) is quickly...
  43. Georges St-Pierre says path to history doesn't necessarily lead to Anderson Silva
    Canadian Georges St-Pierre (19-2 MMA, 12-2 UFC) is already considered among the world's current top pound-for-pound fighters, but that's not enough for the UFC's welterweight champ. "When I retire, I...
  44. 'Grim' camp: Brett Rogers uninjured and ready to fight whoever Strikeforce gives him
    "[Brett] took about a week off but that's it. We are already making preparations for his next fight and have started his training program. Brett didn't suffer any injuries during that fight so there...
  45. Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal to make Strikeforce debut at Heavyweight
    While 205 pounds may very well be the weight class the flamboyant and always entertaining Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal chooses to call home in the future, FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently learned that...
  46. Rich Franklin: I fought Vitor and Wandy to help them transition to middleweight
    "The UFC asked me to fight the catchweight fights to help Silva and Belfort make the drop down to 185 pounds. But now I’ve lost my ranking at 185 and 205. It’s crazy — I can headline a card and not...
  47. Jon Jones is going to get funky on Matt Hamill for Greg Jackson
    ... they’re attacking my main weaknesses. Greg is big on getting his athletes to close up their gaps. My jiu-jitsu has to be my weakest department so he's trying to close that hole up. I've been...
  48. Shine Fights Signs Todd Moore, Who Wants Mayorga
    Shine Fights continues to spend like UFC might to sign fighters, their latest pickup is Todd Moore, who gets a 3-fight exclusive deal. The WEC & DREAM veteran even knows who he wants to fight first:...
  49. Forrest Griffin doesn't envy mma judges
    Forrest Griffin rebounded from back-to-back losses by defeating Tito Ortiz in the UFC 106 main event by split decision, spoiling “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy’s” Octagon return. “I thought I won,”...
  50. Matt Brown wants fight with Renzo Gracie
    Coming off of yet another exciting performance, defeating Ultimate Fighter winner James Wilks, Ultimate Fighter alumnus Matt "The Immortal" Brown is looking to take a little down time for the...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549