MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Marlon Sandro eyes Sengoku title in NYE
    Marlon Sandro doesn’t wanna relax. One week after the ight at Japan, knocking Yuji Hoshino out in the first round, the Nova União fighter was back to the gym, focusing to the return in the end of the...
  2. ‘Ninja’ Rua back in December in Sao Paulo
    After the quick knockout victory at Bitetty Combat 4, needing less than 40 seconds to knock Alex Stiebling out, Murilo “Ninja” Rua spoke with TATAME.com and revealed he’ll be back to the rings at...
  3. Karo Parisyan has quit again
    Dana White tweeted this. Follwed by "Pulled out of the fight the day before weigh ins again with a laundry list of excuses!!! Let the press ask karo why! Let him explain. " Linker
  4. Parisyan out of UFC 106, Future Uncertain (Parisyan Comments)
    Karo “The Heat” Parisyan is out of UFC 106 after failing to acquire a license in Nevada, according to Parisyan, due to not having the money to pay his fine from previously being suspended after...
  5. WEC 44 Fighter Payouts
    The NSAC has released the official fighter payouts from last night's WEC 44 event. The total disclosed payouts were $236,500 with the biggest share-$36,000-going to Manny Gamburyan. For those...
  6. GSP-Hardy Likely To Happen In Vegas
    When Georges St. Pierre and Dan Hardy face off sometime next year for the UFC Welterweight Championship, it appears neither fighter is going to have a hometown advantage. Despite specualtion it could...
  7. Thiago vs. Volkmann replaces Hazelett vs. Parisyan on UFC 106 main card
    A welterweight bout between Paulo Thiago (11-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Jacob Volkmann (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) originally slated for Saturday's "UFC 106: Griffin vs. Ortiz II" un-aired preliminary card today...
  8. Jose Aldo: If you think my striking is good, you should see my jiu-jitsu
    "I’m young and I know it takes a lifetime to get a dream like this. With everything that happened to me back in the days, now it’s like a dream come true. I always want to please my public, my fans,...
  9. WEC 44 medical suspensions: Nunes, Swanson, Banuelos suspended six months
    LAS VEGAS – The Nevada State Athletic Commission has issued medical suspensions to seven fighters, including headliner Mike Brown, from this past Wednesday's "WEC 44: Brown vs. Aldo" event, and three...
  10. Koscheck: “If he doesn’t make weight I take 20 percent of his money and still give him a a** whoopin"
    Our friends at FIGHT! magazine recently had a chance to catch up with Josh Koscheck as he prepares for his fight with Anthony Johnson. In the video below Koscheck , talks about Anthony Johnson,...
  11. Oh, Baby: Carwin-Velasquez Interim Title Fight In Jeopardy Over Schedule Problems
    Shane Carwin & Cain Velasquez have been in talks regarding meeting for the Interim UFC Heavyweight Championshp, but this fight may now be halted. The culprit? A potential baby-they're targeting UFC...
  12. Ready to 'Rumble': Josh Koscheck UFC 106 interview
    Josh Koscheck is a man people love to hate. At this point it's safe to say he's embraced his role as the bad guy and continues to use it to fuel his fire. Baseball Hall-of-Famer Reggie Jackson once...
  13. Matt Serra and Frank Trigg set for February's UFC 109 in Las Vegas
    A welterweight bout between former champion Matt Serra (9-6 MMA, 6-6 UFC) and one-time top contender Frank Trigg (19-7 MMA, 2-4 UFC) is expected to take place in February at UFC 109. Official word...
  14. Lesnar back in 6 months!
    Fightersonly Brock Lesnar is recovering well from surgery and will be back in action within six months, says his jiu jitsu coach. “He is getting better and that is the most important thing ... He...
  15. UFC 106 Weigh-in Results
    MAIN CARD Forrest Griffin (205) vs. Tito Ortiz (204) Anthony Johnson (170) vs. Josh Koscheck (171) Paulo Thiago (169) vs. Jacob Volkmann (170) Luiz Cane (205) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205) Phil...
  16. Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen middleweight bout set for UFC 109 (not UFC 110)
    A bout between middleweight contenders Nate Marquardt (29-8-2 MMA, 8-2 UFC) and Chael Sonnen (24-10-1 MMA, 3-3 UFC) originally believed to be part of the UFC 110 card in Australia instead takes...
  17. UFC 106's Phil Baroni striving to be "a poor man's Josh Koscheck"
    LAS VEGAS – Welterweight Phil Baroni (13-11 MMA, 3-5 UFC) has been on the big stage before. Whether it was Baroni's previous eight-fight run in the UFC or his sequin-robed waltz down the EliteXC...
  18. GSP-Hardy, Not Silva-Akiyama, May Headline UFC 110
    The potential constant shuffling of upcoming UFC cards continues. During an appearance on MMAJunkie's radio show Friday night, Dana White revealed that plans for Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Wanderlei Silva...
  19. UFC Possibly To Mexico In 2010, But Not In April
    Rumors of UFC heading to Mexico in 2010 have been circulating for some time, but last night Dana White partly shot down those rumors. He said they are trying to get to Mexico City in 2010, but a...
  20. Dana: UFC "Absolutely" Going To Boston In 2010
    Dana White has announced that UFC will "absolutely" make it's Boston debut in summer of 2010. A specific date can't be determined yet because while legislation making MMA legal in Massachusetts has...
  21. UFC 106 Aftermath: End of Night Bonuses, Griffin vs. Ortiz III + More
    Though Josh Koscheck and Dana White have reportedly butted heads in the past, it's clear that Kos is back on DW's good side. For his second-round submission of Anthony Johnson at UFC 106 last night,...
  22. "The Ultimate Fighter 11" coaches? Tito Ortiz wants to coach opposite Forrest Griffin
    LAS VEGAS – With the 11th season of the UFC's reality series set to begin taping in just two months, one hopeful has already pleaded his case for a coaching slot. And he has an additional fighter in...
  23. Billy Evangelista Continues Strikeforce Rise
    At 10-0 (with one no contest), Billy Evangelista has repeatedly risen to every challenge Strikeforce has given himFrom undercard status to headlining the Challengers Series events, Evangelista’s rise...
  24. Anthony Johnson: After I hurt Koscheck, he needed some kind of excuse to recover
    "I didn't hit him in the head, I hit him in the arm. I don't know why he would act like [that], I guess he was gassing. That's the only thing I can think of, [him] trying to find some kind of excuse...
    Pages: 2
  25. Nog vs. Machida in the future?
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira talks to Sherdog about his UFC debut and his reluctance to fight Lyoto Machida for the UFC light heavyweight belt. Little Nog
  26. Josh Koscheck and Dan Hardy Build Some Heat at UFC 106
    Koscheck seemed to feed off the crowd’s anger, destroying the bigger Johnson standing and outwrestling him to boot. On one memorable (yet somehow failed) takedown attempt, Koscheck drove Johnson into...
  27. Patrick Cote calling for Bisping fight
    Patrick ‘The Predator’ Cote says he wants his next fight to be against British middleweight Michael Bisping. Cote has not fought since October last year, when he challenged Anderson Silva for the...
  28. Dong Hyun Kim vs. Chris Lytle set for UFC 110 in Australia
    A welterweight clash with fireworks written all over it has been booked for UFC 110 in Australia. Undefeated Korean slugger Dong Hyun Kim (12-0-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Chris Lytle (27-17-5 MMA, 6-9 UFC)...
  29. Another UFC Main Event, Another Judging Contoversy
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=299457 LAS VEGAS -- Mixed martial arts may be enjoying rapid growth but it is also experiencing growing pains when it comes to judging. For the third card in a row,...
  30. Dan White Addresses Parisyan, State Of UFC And Much More
    UFC President Dana White tagged along with heavyweight standout Cain Velasquez for a UFC Fight Club Q & A and ran the gamut of current topics in the world of UFC. Here is a rundown of what was said:
  31. Koscheck Wants 10-12 Fights In 2010.....Really
    “(Dan Hardy’s) not gonna happen, I’m just gonna fight,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “I already told Joe Silva I’m ready to fight. Hopefully I can get 10 to 12 fights next year.” Really? “Yeah, 10 to 12,”...
  32. Rodrigo Nogueira Targets February, Australia
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is looking forward to the day when he can enter a fight 100-percent healthy, or at least without a staph infection. Just after accepting a heavyweight challenge against...
  33. Dana White shocked by UFC 106 judging, says reform out of his hands
    "The fight could have gone either way," White said. "(But) 30-27? I mean that's crazy." White was referring to the official scorecard of judge Lester Griffin, who awarded Forrest all three rounds of...
  34. Yoshihiro Akiyama 'Grateful' for Upcoming Wanderlei Silva UFC Fight
    Yoshihiro Akiyama has been spending some time training with the stars at Xtreme Couture, and that's where FanHouse caught up with him last week. Akiyama talked about facing Wanderlei Silva in 2010,...
  35. With Jose Aldo win, WEC's Wagnney Fabiano headed to bantamweight division
    While Jose Aldo's 145-pound title win made waves in the WEC's featherweight division, the ripple effect has spread to the bantamweight class, as well. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned...
  36. Thomson vs. Melendez Re-Re-Re-Scheduled For SF Evolution
    Or simply put, Take 4. Strikeforce will try once again to have Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Melendez to unify the Strikeforce Lightweight and Interim Lightweight Titles at SF Evolution on December 19...
  37. MMA Roundtable: What's Next for Tito Ortiz and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira?
    Looking back at this past Saturday's UFC 106, SI.com's Ben Fowlkes and I discuss the hot topics coming from the big fights. We look at what the future has in store for Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz,...
  38. UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez Trailer
    UFC 107 takes place on Saturday, December 12, at the FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee. The latest UFC 107 fight card and event info can be found in our fight cards section. Link
  39. UFC 106 Fighter Payouts
    The NSAC has revealed the fighter payouts from UFC 106. The total disclosed payouts were $1,021,000 with the biggest share-$250,000-going to both Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz. Both Fabricio Camoes...
  40. UFC 106 Medical Suspensions
    The NSAC has posted the official UFC 106 results on its website, which also include the medical suspensions coming out of the event. Article (PDF)
  41. WEC 44 ratings: "Brown vs. Aldo" scores 414,000 viewers on Versus
    This past week's broadcast of "WEC 44: Brown vs. Aldo" on Versus scored a 0.5 household rating and averaged an audience of 414,000 viewers. MMAjunkie.com today confirmed the ratings information with...
  42. Spike TV confirms Kimbo Slice set for The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale fight card
    Spike TV today confirmed that cast member Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson is scheduled to compete at the Dec. 5 live finale for "The Ultimate Fighter 10." MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously...
  43. TUF 10's Darrill Schoonover Recalled To Active Duty (No Spoilers)
    Unfortunately it seems that the TUF 10 fighter affectionately nicknamed "Titties" by Quinton Jackson" will have to put his MMA career on hold after the show. Darrill Schoonover announced yesterday...
  44. Overeem, Rizzo, "Ninja," Monson and Speer part of Bitetti Combat 5
    A handful of notables, including former UFC heavyweight title challenger Pedro Rizzo, one-time top UFC heavyweight contender Jeff Monson and PRIDE veteran Murilo "Ninja" Rua, have been announced for...
  45. Josh Burkman returns from year layoff, picks up weekend KO win
    Josh Burkman, a cast member from "The Ultimate Fighter 2" who was once one of the UFC's most promising welterweight prospects, returned from a 13-month layoff and posted a first-round stoppage...
  46. Bocek versus Brammer Announced for TUF 10 Finale
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship on Monday announced a lightweight bout pitting Mark Bocek against newcomer Joe Brammer for “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights” finale, confirming an earlier report...
  47. Getting to Know Lester Griffin
    Better Know a Judge: Lester Griffin, the Guy Who Scored It 30-27 for Forrest UFC 106's Griffin/Ortiz rematch was a tricky one to judge, not just because the first two rounds were fairly even, but...
  48. UFC 106 Prelims: 1.3 Million Viewers
    Spike TV has released the ratings for it's broadcast of 2 UFC 106 prelim fights Saturday. The 1 hour broadcast drew 1.3 million viewers, down slightly from the first 2 such airings, which did 1.4...
  49. Corey Hill Targeting January 23 Return
    After being out one year due to a serious leg injury that was viewed as career-threatening, former TUF 5 contestant Corey Hill could be returning to MMA as soon as January. He reportedly plans to...
  50. Overexposure Potentially A Huge Problem For UFC
    If the lack of depth on last Saturday's UFC 106 card didn't alarm you, it should. Sure, UFC has a giant roster of fighters that they don't have to pay unless they fight. However, the talent pool has...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580