MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Sherk-Oliveira Signed for UFC 108
    link Sean Sherk has signed on to face Rafaello Oliveira in a lightweight bout at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas. Sherk, a former UFC lightweight champion, withdrew from his bout against Gleison...
  2. DeRay Davis: "It's a slap in the face"
    DeRay Davis: "It's a slap in the face" Strikeforce fighter DeRay Davis talks about his canceled fight with Mark Miller at last weekend's Strikeforce: 'Fedor vs. Rogers'.
  3. Abu Dhabi likely, Italy possible as UFC's European division continues growth
    MANCHESTER, England – The UFC's U.K. Division President, Marshall Zelaznik, rattled off the mind-boggling statistics rather nonchalantly at Thursday's "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" pre-fight press...
  4. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: "I imagine myself" in the UFC
    While common sense told Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos to finish up her studies in Brazil to pursue a career in physical education, her famed trainer, Rafael Cordeiro of the Chute Boxe Academy, told her...
  5. GSP.....Olympics 2012?
    UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre says he may take a crack at making the Canadian Olympic wrestling team for the 2012 Summer Games. http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=298165
  6. UFC 105 Live on Sportsnet Tomorrow
    UFC 105 will be broadcast Live on Sportsnet Ontario and East....1pm MT http://www.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/
  7. Gerald Harris To The List Of Veterans Applying For TUF
    link Put Gerald Harris’ name among the other established MMA veterans that want a shot to earn their way in to the Octagon by going through "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series. While other names...
  8. Dana White predicts retired "Rampage" Jackson will be back in UFC
    Despite the duo's public feud and the fighter's claims that he's entered retirement and is "done fighting," UFC president Dana White isn't closing the door on Quinton "Rampage" Jackson making a...
  9. Apologetic UFC 106 headliner Tito Ortiz missed "friend" Dana White
    The fact that Tito Ortiz ultimately decided to return to the UFC wasn't all that surprising. After all, the former champion and one-time biggest UFC star had come close to signing and even announced...
  10. Randy Couture says it's all about fun
    Randy Couture is settled into that pre-fight groove he knows so well. The only difference this time around is the lack of title up for grabs. At 46, Couture has contended for more UFC titles than any...
  11. Terry Etim just taking it as it comes
    Lightweight Terry Etim, 24, is confident wherever his fight with Shannon Gugerty goes, but he’s been around long enough to know it will probably hit the mat. Etim, a long and lanky Liverpool native,...
  12. Tom Atencio: 'Affliction does not intend to rollover and be extorted' by M-1
    "Affliction landed a serious blow to the Fedor and M-1 lawsuit by filing a motion to dismiss in federal court in response to the Russians’ complaint only eight days after being served. . . . The...
  13. Eiler's Killer Sentenced
    CALDWELL -- A Nampa man accused of killing his stepson last Christmas will spend up to 15 years in prison. Back in September, a Canyon County jury convicted 48-year-old James Malec of voluntary...
  14. Conan guarantees: “Cane will stop Rogerio”
    Coach and one of American Top Team’s leaders, Conan Silveira is anxious to the next fight of Luis “Banha” Cane on UFC. With 10 victories on his career, Cane will face Rogério “Minotouro”, who will...
  15. Dan Hardy looks to silence the critics with UFC 105 win over Mike Swick
    In his brief UFC career, welterweight contender Dan Hardy (22-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has proven himself to be quite a polarizing figure. Widely adored in his native U.K. for a flashy fighting style and...
  16. Nogueira vs Cain off
    Link The UFC's injury woes continue, and another main event has been scrapped. A planned UFC 108 bout between heavyweight contenders Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Cain Velasquez...
  17. Lesnar Seriously Ill, Hospitalized in Canada After Collapse
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=298377 MANCHESTER - UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is seriously ill in hospital after collapsing in Canada, UFC president Dana White said Saturday. "He's in...
  18. UFC 105 fighter bonuses: Bisping, Kang, Siver and Etim each earn $40K
    mmajunkie MANCHESTER, England – Main card fighters Michael Bisping and opponent Denis Kang and preliminary-card fighters Dennis Siver and Terry Etim each earned $40,000 fight night bonuses at UFC...
  19. Vera Accepts Couture Decision
    sherdog “I’m pissed, I’m really pissed, but the sport of MMA, she, MMA, is a b---h and if you let it go to the judges, you let it out of your hands, you know?” said Vera. “So, I’m going to take the...
  20. Bisping: 'One of Those Shots Broke His Will'
    sherdog "I noticed from my footage that he breaks mentally if the fight doesn’t go his way, and I could see it in his eyes when I hit him,” Bisping said. “One of those shots broke his will.” It was...
  21. Lesnar's Condition "Nothing Life Threatening"
    link MMAWeekly.com spoke to a source in Lesnar’s camp on Saturday night that denied such characterizations, but indicated that there are some new issues to deal with. “Nothing life threatening like...
  22. Dana White: No Return in sight for Brock Lesnar
    MANCHESTER, England -- Brock Lesnar will not be back in the UFC anytime soon, according to UFC president Dana White. Speaking with the media after UFC 105, White indicated the heavyweight champion is...
  23. Evans-Silva Promoted To UFC 108 Main Event
    Assuming they can avoid the injuries, illnesses, and apparent curses that have befelled the 3 matchups before them, Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva is the latest fight to be promoted to the main event...
  24. Reed Harris: UFC-WEC Merger Rumors False
    UFC and WEC are not merging anytime soon. When news of this happening broke over the weekend, WEC GM Reed Harris was quick to call this report "a lie" and suggested the outlet decided to "make up...
  25. Rumor: GSP & Hardy Coaching TUF 11?
    It's only a rumor at this point, but The Telegraph in England is reporting that UFC is considering offering the coaching spots for season 11 of The Ultimate Fighter to UFC Welterweight Champion...
  26. Takanori Gomi Hopes To Sign With UFC Or Strikeforce
    In a posting on his official blog, Takanori Gomi announced that while in Las Vegas this past weekend for boxing, he hoped to meet with UFC officials and work out a deal with the promotion, preferably...
  27. Lesnar Update: Major Surgery Coming, Possibly Done
    In his latest update on the condition of UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar, Dana White told TMZ that Lesnar will need "major surgery" for some sort of intestinal disorder and he's trying to get...
    Pages: 2
  28. Belfort/Silva in talks for UFC 109
    The highly anticipated UFC middleweight title fight between current champ Anderson Silva and explosive challenger Vitor Belfort is now targeted for UFC 109. The UFC had originally hoped to feature...
  29. Rested St. Pierre well on way back
    MANCHESTER, England – Georges St. Pierre, the Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight champion, is one of the few individuals who can look you in the eye, smile, say that his goal is to become...
  30. Twitter Smack Talk Between Shields and Miller Goes From 'Spirited' to 'Personal'
    Before their Strikeforce title fight on CBS, Jake Shields and "Mayhem" Miller exchanged Twitter barbs that could accurately be described as good-natured ball-busting on both sides. Then they fought,...
  31. "Mayhem" Miller Wasn't Kidding About That Staph Infection
    Okay, now I think we know why "Mayhem" Miller felt the need to take to Twitter and badger Jake Shields about the result of their Strikeforce title fight. Miller claims to have gotten a staph...
  32. WEC 44 Title Shot A Dream Come True For Aldo
    WEC featherweight contender Jose Aldo is living a dream. Aldo, 23, faces champion Mike Brown Wednesday at WEC 44 in Las Vegas in his first bid for a major title. He has steamrolled five consecutive...
  33. Shane Carwin comments on Brock Lesnar situation
    Shane Carwin comments on Brock Lesnar situation See what the number one contender for the UFC heavyweight title has to say regarding Brock Lesnar and his illness, including his thoughts on an...
  34. UFC bans...
    Another ban... News is that the UFC has banned Clinch Gear (Dan Henderson's MMA Clothing line) after UFC 105. There was a good amount of Clinch Gear shown throughout the CBS Strikeforce broadcast,...
    Pages: 2 3
  35. Fedor vs....in Dream???
    I dunooo.... Ever since the fold of Affliction, mixed martial arts fans have been wondering if the bout between #1 ranked heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (31-1) and top five contender Josh Barnett...
  36. Couture vs. Coleman slated for UFC 109
    Couture vs Coleman Randy Couture and Mark Coleman have verbally agreed to a light heavyweight headlining bout at UFC 109 on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas, Sherdog.com has learned through sources close to the...
    Pages: 2
  37. Gomi Visits AKA
    SHERDOG Takanori Gomi joined training practice with the fight team at American Kickboxing Academy on Tuesday in San Jose, Calif., Sherdog.com has learned. Bob Cook, one of AKA’s head trainers, said...
  38. Lesnar Update
    http://www.ifight365.com/2009/11/ufc-brock-lesnar-update/ First post. Sorry if it doesn't work.
  39. Brock Lesnar Returns Home To Heal
    Brock Lesnar has returned home after having surgery for an infection in his intestinal tract. Larry Novotny, a friend of Lesnar, on Tuesday told ABC affiliate KSAX-TV that the UFC heavyweight...
  40. Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua rematch slated for Montreal on May 1
    MMAMania.com UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida will once again put his 205-pound title on the line against Mauricio "Shogun" Rua when the Brazilians collide at The Bell Centre in...
  41. Shane Carwin in talks to Fight Cain Velasquez for Interim Title
    5ozofpain.com Carwin further elaborated on the situation Tuesday in a series of posts on The Underground. When asked if he had heard from the UFC in regards to creating an interim heavyweight title...
  42. Aleks E Slams Cro Cop, claims to be negotiating with UFC
    fightersonly.com In the interview, Aleks said he is looking for a home in a major MMA promotion and claimed to be in negotiations with the UFC. However, the one time he was booked to fight in the...
  43. UFC 105 On Spike: 2.9 Million Viewers
    The ratings for Saturday's UFC 105 broadcast on Spike have been released. The event did a 1.9 rating and 2.9 million total viewers with a peak of 3.7 million for the Brandon Vera-Randy Couture main...
  44. UFC 105 Medical Suspensions
    The UFC has handed out medical suspensions today from UFC 105. Because the event was in England and there is no MMA sanctioning body there, UFC served as the sanctioning body and was thus responsible...
  45. UFC 110 To Be PPV In US
    Since the initial news of the UFC's upcoming Australian debut and a possible headliner between Wanderlei Silva and Yoshihiro Akiyama, many fans have wondered why the event will be held on a Sunday...
  46. Done Talking,Baroni Says He's Sick Of Losing
    Phil Baroni says he’s through talking. Baroni, 33, is perhaps the best talker in the game. In nine years of fighting, he’s made a career as a quote machine. Those days are over, he says. After losing...
  47. Koscheck Sees Weighty Issues With Johnson
    As a collegiate wrestler, Josh Koscheck was well acquainted with the joys of weight cutting. Koscheck, a former NCAA Division I champion at 174-pounds for Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, says he...
  48. TUF 10 Finale: Joe Brammer plans on 'breaking down' Mark Bocek on Dec. 5
    "My goal since day one was to fight in the UFC. I knew I'd make it, and that's not where my dream/goals stop. The work has just started, as I only care about winning in the UFC and beating the...
  49. Dustin Hazelett won’t feel Karo Parisyan’s 'heat' when working off his back at UFC 106
    "I’m doing what I can to prepare for him, but it’s hard to prepare for somebody like Karo because there are very few people in the world that are as good at Judo without the gi on as he is. So it’s...
  50. Former WEC champ Mike Brown: "I've got to figure out what's next"
    Nearly an hour after dropping his WEC featherweight title to new champion Jose Aldo (16-1 MMA, 6-0 WEC), Mike Brown (22-5 MMA, 4-1 WEC) still seemed to be processing what had happened. Nevertheless,...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574