MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Fedor Emelianenko Breaks Nose, Injures Hand in Strikeforce Victory Over Brett Rogers
    Fedor Emelianenko suffered a broken nose and injured his left hand during his heavyweight bout with Brett Rogers Saturday at Strikeforce/M-1 Global "Fedor vs. Rogers," Sherdog.com has learned from a...
  2. Fabricio Werdum: "It's my turn to fight Fedor"
    “It’s my turn now. I have a lot of respect for Fedor. He is the best in the world. I already fought (Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion) Alistair Overeem in Japan. It’s my turn to fight Fedor. I...
  3. Scott Coker says Strikeforce to announce two Heavyweight signings
    At the post fight press conference Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated that in seven to ten days the promotion would be announcing two big heavyweight signings. He refused to give any hints as to who...
  4. The gogoplata guy: Even if retirement sticks, Brad Imes left his mark on MMA
    When Brad Imes graduated high school, it would've been ridiculous for someone to suggest he would one day be known as a nimble heavyweight who would pull off one of the most unique and fascinating...
  5. Preliminary CBS ratings for Strikeforce: "Fedor vs. Rogers" averages 3.79 million viewers
    The preliminary ratings for the CBS broadcast of Strikeforce: “Fedor vs. Rogers” returned an estimated 3.79 million viewers for the prime time mixed martial arts event. The 1.7 rating share for...
  6. Mousasi's stock rising; welcomes fight with Hendo
    Heading into Strikeforce on Saturday night, light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi was a huge favorite against former UFC fighter Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, but the fight had some great back and...
  7. Brett Rogers' trainer wants shot at Overeem
    Mike Reilly is proud of the way Brett Rogers fought Saturday, even if he came up short. Rogers took a hard right hand to the chin from Fedor Emelianenko in the second round of their Strikeforce...
  8. Bisping looking to go back to his roots for Kang fight
    Michael Bisping is looking to go back to his roots for Saturday night’s UFC 105 fight against Dennis Kang at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England. The early days of his career saw...
  9. Henderson had "a few conversations" about employment status over Strikeforce weekend
    Dan Henderson admits that there were “a few conversations about my employment status” while he was in town to corner Thierry Sokoudjou at the weekend’s Strikeforce event. “We might figure out a deal...
  10. Coolio Replaces DMX In MMA Brawl
    Ok first off not tolling here. Second F'n hilarious. Coolio will be replacing DMX in the anticipated MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) brawl that DMX backed away from last week. As reported earlier, DMX was...
  11. Nogueira vs. Velasquez Now Set For UFC 108
    A heavyweight showdown between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez has been confirmed for UFC 108 in Las Vegas. The possibility of the bout arose last week when Nogueira’s manager talked...
  12. Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen at UFC 110
    Nate Maquardt vs. Chael Sonnen in the works for UFC 110 With Dan Henderson's contract in limbo, it looks as if Chael Sonnen will step in and take on Nate Marquardt at UFC 110.
  13. Filho explains his absence at Dream 12
    The last two years has been complicated to Paulão Filho. After facing his first loss and face depression issues, Carlson Gracie’s black belt was dismissed from WEC and face the distrusted fans. The...
  14. Bigfoot “proud of the fight” against Werdum
    "I think both of us can be proud of the fight", Silva said, unhappy by letting the victory in judges’ hands. "I think that I won the first round, and I think that the second round was pretty close. I...
  15. Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski in the works for UFC 110 in February
    A light heavyweight bout between "The Ultimate Fighter 1" runner-up Stephan Bonnar (11-6 MMA, 5-5 UFC) and "TUF 8" cast member Krzysztof Soszynski (18-9 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is expected to take place in...
  16. Miguel Torres: Training with boxer Miguel Cotto an "eye-opening" experience
    Torres was once a winner of 17 straight bouts and the virtually invincible World Extreme Cagefighting 135-pound champion. Consecutive win No. 18 and the fourth defense of his title were givens at WEC...
  17. Miller Camp Disappointed After Bout Cancelled
    Chicago middleweight Mark Miller was devastated by the cancellation of his fight with Deray Davis on the undercard of Fedor vs. Rogers Saturday night. Miller and Davis were scheduled to face off on...
  18. Josh Barnett wins world jiu-jitsu ‘no-gi’ championship
    osh Barnett took the tournament gold in the ultra heavyweight/pessadisimo (over 215 pounds) division among the blackbelts at the World Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi Championship 2009 held at California State...
  19. Brock Lesnar Would Smash Fedor
    Yes, that once again is Dana White taking shots at that "rinky-dink Strikeforce". He thinks CBS would be out of their minds to put SF back on the air after Saturday and, on Fedor (and apparently...
    Pages: 2
  20. Mir: "I want to end Brock Lesnar's career".
    Mir: "I want to end Brock Lesnar's career" Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has one goal left in his career - and it is not the one you might think. In a recent interview, Fighters Only...
  21. On His Way,Vera Ready To Realize His Dream
    Brandon Vera doesn’t want to be the guy who failed to reach his potential. He admits he’s been that in the past, the one with a heap of talent and an ego that sabotaged its development. As a...
  22. Cung Le Comments On Surprise MMA Return
    After more than 20 months away from the fight game, onetime Strikeforce middleweight Champion Cung Le made the surprise announcement that he would be returning to action in December to take on the...
  23. Big Nog: “Sorry Cane, Rogerio will stop you”
    “Cane is undefeated and has a good striking and clinch game, he has a brilliant career but… I’m sorry Cane, Rogério will stop you”, bets the heavyweight Nogueira, commenting Cane’s style. “He’s a...
  24. SF Final Ratings Out: 4+ MIllion Viewers, Nearly 5.5 Million For Main Event
    The final ratings for Saturday's Strikeforce event on CBS, which include post-11 PM ET numbers, are now out. The broadcast did a 2.5 rating and 4.04 million viewers when the main event was factored...
  25. UFC 108: Nogueira-Velasquez Winner Gets Title Shot
    Although Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin for the UFC Heavyweight Championship won't happen for a while, when it does we'll know who's next for the winner: Cain Velasquez or Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira....
  26. Cyborg Likely To Face Coenen In Jan.
    Marloes Coenen on Saturday night avenged a split decision loss that has been taking a place in the back of her mind for two-and-a-half years. In 1:05, she erased memories of that fight with an armbar...
  27. Antwain Britt planning for Dec. 19 Strikeforce debut against Scott Lighty at ‘Evolution’
    “The Juggernaut” competed four times this year including three under the VFC banner. In addition to compiling a respectable 3-1 record, he’s finished seven of his nine wins by (T)KO including a...
  28. M-1 exec Jerry Millen: Fedor Emelianenko will fight Brock Lesnar for free
    linnk "If these guys in the UFC truly wanted to fight Fedor, they'd find a way," Millen recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Come to his training camp. Come to Stary Oskol,...
  29. Coker: Fedor could be out for 4-6 months
    link The Russian heavyweight hurt his left hand during his fight with Brett Rogers on Saturday night and will most likely require surgery. “It could've been from that blow when he had Brett on the...
  30. Report: Two UFC 106 prelim bouts will air LIVE on Spike TV on Nov. 21
    link Fans will be treated to one hour of uninterrupted mixed martial arts competition when Marcus Davis collides with Ben Saunders in a welterweight showdown and middleweights Kendall Grove and Jake...
  31. Kazuo Misaki Leaves Grabaka Gym
    link Kazuo Misaki is the "Grabaka Hitman" no more. In a brief letter faxed to multiple media outlets on Sunday, the Japanese middleweight announced his departure from the Tokyo-based gym where he's...
  32. Arona injures knee; surgery is a possibility
    link "I’m coming from the doctor now, deciding what to do with my knee. I’ll have to stop for a while, maybe I’ll have to make a surgery... If I’ll make the surgery, will be for now“, said the...
  33. Fedor Undergoes Surgery; Cast for 4-6 Weeks
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fedor-undergoes-surgery-cast-for-4-6-weeks-20847
  34. Stefan Struve replaces Todd Duffee, meets Paul Buentello on UFC 107 main card
    With Todd Duffee (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) off the card due to injury, UFC rookie Stefan Struve (18-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been tapped as a replacement and meets Paul Buentello (27-10 MMA, 3-1 UFC) next month...
  35. Cro Cop Fires Boxing Coach, Makes Drastic Camp Changes
    Mirko "Cro Cop Filipovic has dropped long-time boxing trainer Marjan Zizanovic and is said to have "drastically" changed the way he'll approach his next fight. The news comes courtesy of Croatian...
  36. Cristiane Cyborg: “It’ll be hard to take this belt from me“
    “I knew that she would be my next opponent”, revealed Cris, happy with the opportunities that came after the conquest on Strikeforce. “The opportunities are raising, even on the event, I have more...
  37. Denis Kang says UFC 105 bout with Bisping "almost like a free fight for me"
    Eleven-year veteran Denis Kang (32-11-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) knows that, and he displayed his grit with an April win over Xavier Foupa-Pokam after suffering a frustrating loss to Alan Belcher in January....
  38. Randy Couture reveals why he dropped to 205 pounds
    Speaking last week via the telephone from his base in Las Vegas, Nevada, Randy said: “It was more about opportunity. I think I’ve competed with those bigger guys and been doing just fine. Obviously...
  39. Soszynski On The Mend,Seeks Dellagrotte
    UFC light heavyweight Krzysztof Soszynski underwent surgery last month for elbow damage sustained in his fight with Brandon Vera at UFC 102. Vera won the fight by unanimous decision by outworking...
  40. Renzo Gracie to Fight Matt Hughes at UFC 109
    Heavy.com has confirmed with sources close to the UFC that a welterweight matchup between Renzo Gracie and Matt Hughes is in the works for UFC 109 in February. Gracie, 42, last appeared in a February...
    Pages: 2
  41. Pokrajak vs Te Huna at UFC 110
    link Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic’s former sparring partner Igor Pokrajac will have his second UFC fight when the organisation hits Australia, Fighters Only has learned.
  42. We're All Human: Fedor Critiques Rogers Fight
    We're All Human: Fedor Critiques Rogers Fight Wednesday, November 11, 2009 by Sherdog.com Staff Those lucky enough to attend the Paradise Warrior Retreat Center luncheon Sunday in Hoffman Estates,...
  43. St. Pierre eyes Hardy-Swick winner
    St. Pierre eyes Hardy-Swick winner Updated: November 11, 2009, 8:53 AM ET By Neil Davidson Special to ESPN.com A healthy Georges St. Pierre will be cage-side at UFC 105 in Manchester, England, when...
  44. Report: Sengoku Raiden Championships Event On 12/31 Off
    Reports surfaced late yesterday indicating that World Victory Road’s “Sengoku Raiden Championship” New Year’s Eve supershow at Tokyo’s Ariake Coliseum has been canceled for Dec. 31. The news comes on...
  45. Michael Bisping: Don’t ‘Count’ me out after one bad night
    Fighting is different than other sports because you’re not competing as regularly. If a football player has a bad game, he’s allowed to do that because he plays once or twice a week. With fighting,...
  46. Rousimar Palhares hungry to fight Linhares
    “It’s really better now. I’m gonna train a lot, do my best to do a show to the Brazilian fans. I’m training for that and I’ll do it”, guarantees the Brazilian Top Team fighter. With a great game in...
  47. Anderson Silva: “We came here to win”
    “We’re training and fixing the mistakes, so they won’t surprise us on the fights... We can’t win always, but we’re working for it“, guarantees. Representing Black House, team that already has two UFC...
  48. Dan Hardy Declares War On Mike Swick
    Hardy paid his dues, taking his first professional bout in 2004. He worked his way up, primarily through the ranks of the Cage Warriors Fighting Championship, where he held titles as both...
  49. Mike Swick Proud Recipient of the Inaugural Dan Hardy 'Runner-Up' Trophy
    "I want to thank Dan Hardy for this trophy. It means a lot. Coming runner-up in a press conference is pretty cool. I just want everyone to know that I'm giving this right back to him after the fight....
  50. Minowa vs. Sokoudjou "Super Hulk" finale set; WVR's NYE show scrapped?
    MMAJunkie The show features a hybrid MMA/K-1 card with some of the biggest names in combat sports. The open-weight, eight-man "Super Hulk" commenced earlier this year with a variety of competitors,...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550