MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Nick Catone Says He's Fighting Steve Steinbeiss At UFN 20
    Nick Catone announced on his official website, nickcatone.com, yesterday that he has been contracted to face Steve Steinbeiss at UFC Fight Night 20 in January. This is probably a loser-leaves-UFC...
  2. ‘Mayhem’ Miller’s Nonstop Hustle
    But Mayhem the Entertainer is no different than Jason Miller. “It's all me,” Miller said. “I just make sure I put it out there for you. At the very least, you have to respect that about me. I don't...
  3. Jorge Santiago ready for Sengoku return
    “I didn’t know him before, I was studying his fights with my trainers and I think we’ll make a good fight. He has a forward game, he likes exchanging, and I’ll try to put my game from this”, Santiago...
  4. Gleison Tibau wants more fights in 2009
    After a takedown show at UFC 104, which guaranteed Gleison Tibau’s 20th victory in the career, against Josh Neer, the American Top Team lightweight wants to fight again this year. Satisfied with the...
  5. Brett Rogers Realizing His Dream
    Trainer Mike Reilly has seen a lot of fighters come and go through his garage, but Brett Rogers really made an impression. When Rogers stepped into the five-car garage Reilly converted into an MMA...
  6. Tiki Ghosn wants to fight Rashad
    The Ultimate Fighter season 10 has yielded some heated confrontations between the coaching staff of both Team Rampage and Team Rashad. UFC veteran, and Team Rampage assistant coach, Tiki Ghosn has...
  7. Thiago Alves: It was not a good idea to fight Jon Fitch at less than full strength
    “I tore my PCL, I had a knee injury before my fight with GSP in which I tore my MCL and now 6 weeks before my fight with Fitch I tore my PCL. My doctor advised me not to fight and although I still...
  8. Hungry again, UFC welterweight Brock Larson sets sights on redemption
    His cell phone rang four days later; 94 hours had passed since the low point of a burgeoning career. Brock Larson has built his reputation on ruthless aggression. An attack-mode philosophy one second...
  9. UFC Quick Quote: Brock Lesnar still sick, return could be delayed until Feb. 6
    “I’m not sure exactly what it is he has, mono or whatever, but I know that he was sick and couldn’t get a good, hard workout in. There’s a big difference between making an appearance and smiling and...
  10. Patience, grasshopper: Gurgel will grapple in due time
    “If I made a dollar, man, if anybody asks me ‘Why don’t you use your jiu-jitsu?’ … It can be a 10-year-old kid in my gym to a 75-year-old man in a hair salon, the guy at the gas station, I’m always...
  11. Tito Ortiz wants a third bout with Chuck Liddell
    Former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Tito Ortiz re-signed with The Ultimate Fighting Championship in late July ending 13 months of free agency, and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” is already...
  12. M-1 Global and Fedor file lawsuit against Affliction
    It is currently being reported that M-1 Global and Fedor Emelianenko have filed a lawsuit against Affliction Clothing, Affliction Entertainment and 50 unnamed John Does in the Central District of...
  13. Fighters Convene in Las Vegas for UFC/WEC Summit
    While crossing paths with a Mixed Martial Artist in Las Vegas may not be an overly infrequent occurrence, the odds are certainly up for any fans visiting Sin City this week thanks to a Zuffa summit...
  14. Fight Camp 360 Fedor-Rogers
    SHOWTIME Sports turns its powerful spotlight on MMA with a new installment - Fight Camp 360º : Fedor vs. Rogers. The 30-minute show premiered Tuesday, November 3 at 9:30 pm ET/PT on SHOWTIME...
  15. Todd Duffee injury forces him out of UFC 107 fight against Paul Buentello
    link Another one bites the dust. Undefeated heavyweight powerhouse Todd Duffee has sustained an undisclosed injury, scrapping his upcoming bout against Paul Buentello (27-10) at UFC 107: “Penn vs....
  16. Riddle Not Impressed With Osipzack
    link Since leaving Arizona Combat Sports, Riddle has bounced between Xtreme Couture, Warrior Training Center and Legion Jiu-Jitsu in his new hometown (he is originally from Allentown, Penn). He’s...
  17. Nogueira and the debut: “Cane is not naive”
    “We don’t know how it’s gonna be, fight is fight, we have to be trained for everything, as on the ground, boxing and muay thai... It’s gonna be good“, said Nogueira, who already defeated athletes...
  18. GSP ready to defend UFC title against Hardy-Swick winner
    http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=297209 When Dan (The Outlaw) Hardy takes on Mike (Quick) Swick next week at UFC 105 in Manchester, England, the most interested observer cageside will be Canadian...
  19. Minotauro Nogueira In Talks To Face Velasquez On 1/2
    Despite rumors either might be next in line for a UFC Heavyweight Title shot after Shane Carwin, that apparently will not be the case for Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez. In fact, they're...
  20. Jon Fitch: "Waiting around for Thiago Alves to get better was not an option"
    “I needed to fight, I was (previously) scheduled for Nov. 21 and I’ve been training 5-6 weeks already. I don’t like a lot of down time, I like to fight often. Waiting around for Thiago (Alves) to get...
  21. Daley expects to knock Condit out at UFC 108
    It’s been rumored for quite some time, but a welterweight bout former Cage Rage champion Paul Daley and former World Extreme Cagefighting champion Carlos Condit finally has ink to paper. The bout...
  22. Brock Lesnar Not Fighting Shane Carwin At UFC 108
    MMANEWS Sources close to Brock Lesnar's camp informed Heavy.com tonight that Lesnar will not be able to participate in the postponed main event of UFC 108 against Shane Carwin. BLOODYELBOW HEAVY.COM
  23. ATT Confirms Duffee's departure
    link American Top Team have confirmed that Todd Duffee is no longer part of the squad, having moved to the west coast of the USA several weeks ago. He is now fighting for Xtreme Couture and will be...
  24. Sports Apparel Giant Under Armour Signs GSP To Deal
    The sports apparel giant Under Armour, best known perhaps for their slogan/sales pitch "We Must Protect This House!", has found themselves a fighter to help protect their house-Georges St. Pierre....
  25. Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller doesn’t want to hug Jake Shields on Nov. 7 …
    “I think it’s funny how some people are underestimating me. I’m shocked at the odds. I should be the favorite. But oddsmakers’ jobs are to make money and to get action. I’m going to turn this into a...
  26. Jacaré vs. Lindland possible at Strikeforce
    “I only have rumors that I might fight in December, but Strikerforce didn’t announce anything yet“, said Souza, excited with the possibility to face Lindland. “If this fight happens, I’ll be very...
  27. Strikeforce Announces 12/19 Event: Souza-Lindland, Lawal, No Santos
    Strikeforce has confirmed rumors of a December 19 event today, announcing the event for HP Pavilion in San Jose. Confirmed fights are Ronaldo Souza vs. Matt Lindland and the SF debut of Muhammad...
  28. Dana White: I Guarantee Dan Henderson Has Been Signed by Strikeforce
    White said Wednesday, "I guarantee you 1,000 percent that Dan Henderson is signed by Strikeforce." http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/5/1118054/dana-white-i-guarantee-dan...
  29. Official weigh-in results: "Strikeforce Challengers IV: Evangelista vs. Gurgel" (Updated)
    mmajunkie The full weigh-in results include: MAIN CARD Billy Evangelista (159) vs. Jorge Gurgel (159)* Brandon Cash (256) vs. Shane del Rosario (240) Luke Rockhold (185.5) vs. Jesse Taylor (186)...
  30. 11/5/09 - Carwin to undergo MRI scan for knee injury
    fightersonlymag With Brock Lesnar now unable to meet him at UFC 108, Shane Carwin is going to use the time off to get a nagging injury looked at. His management told Fighters Only tonight that his...
  31. Strikeforce signs ‘Relentless’ Roger Bowling for 2010 debut
    mmamania Indiana ( USA ): “Relentless” Roger Bowling, the undefeated MMA Big Show Welterweight kingpin, has signed a contract with San Jose-based StrikeForce, one of the top MMA promotions in...
  32. 'Henderson Not Signed Anywhere'
    Dan Henderson remains an unsigned commodity, the fighter’s business partner and manager, Aaron Crecy, told Sherdog.com late Thursday, responding to a new report that states the top-five middleweight...
  33. Caol Uno vs. Fabricio Camoes prelim bout completes UFC 106 fight card
    A bout between veteran Caol Uno (25-12-4 MMA, 3-4-1 UFC) and Brazilian lightweight Fabricio Camoes (10-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official and completes the fight card for UFC 106. The matchup is part of...
  34. Strikeforce Mini Heavyweight Tournament Kicks Off 11/7 For Shot At Overeem
    While they wait for Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem to return in spring of next year, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker recently revealed that tomorrow's Heavyweight fights are actually part of a...
  35. For Brett Rogers,It's All About Respect
    Brett Rogers has had his mind set to Fedor Emelianenko from Affliction’s final moments to Strikeforce’s biggest moment. The two will clash under the CBS eye Saturday night for a possible sold-out...
  36. Mono pushes back Lesnar-Carwin battle
    Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has mononucleosis and won't be able to defend his title Jan. 2 at UFC 108 against Shane Carwin, UFC president Dana White texted to the Los Angeles Times. The fight,...
  37. Cung Le Likely To Return To SF Next Month
    Despite vacating the Strikeforce Middleweight Championship and several pending movie roles, it appears Cung Le will return to MMA much sooner than expected. According to sources close to the 12/19 SF...
  38. WAMMA Sanctions Fedor-Rogers Fight, To Unveil New Title Belt
    Well, it turns out WAMMA isn't dead like we thought it might be. In a press release Thursday, The World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA), announced it will sanction the STRIKEFORCE and M-1...
  39. Strikeforce Introduces Shinya Aoki, Could Soon Fight For SF
    A surprise guest was in attendance at Friday's Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers Weigh-ins: DREAM & WAMMA Lightweight Champion Shinya Aoki. The Japanese fighter said he's attending tonight's...
  40. Thiago aggressive and smart against Rashad
    “Everybody knows thay I’m an aggressive fighter, but I realized that we have to be aggressive, but smart too. I’ll study his game and find the easiest way to get the victory and I’ll be done”, Silva...
  41. Jake Shields: Cung Le would rather vacate the title than fight me for it
    “Cung Le doesn’t want to fight me. That’s why he vacated the title only to come back a month later and fight again. You’ll have to ask Cung why he won’t fight me.” Newly crowned Strikeforce...
  42. Scott Coker "honored" to have Strikeforce selected as the premier league for EA Sports MMA game
    “EA Sports is the premiere game manufacturing company in the world and I’ve been an EA Sports fan since Madden 1! For them to have Strikeforce in their game as the premiere league, we’re very...
  43. Stefan Struve signs new UFC deal
    Dutch heavyweight Stefan Struve has signed a new four-fight deal that will make him a UFC fighter until 2011, a source close to the fighter tells Fighters Only. Struve was three fights into a...
  44. Swick laughs Hughes off. "It wouldn't even be a fight"
    Mike ‘Quick’ Swick has laughed off Matt Hughes’ comments that neither he nor his American Kickboxing Academy teammate Josh Koscheck are in his league. Somewhat incredulous, Swick dismissed the remark...
  45. Dan Hornbuckle wants UFC fights with Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch
    Dan ‘The Handler’ Hornbuckle hit international MMA headlines when he knocked out Akihirio Gono at Sengoku 9 in August. The head kick KO was so heavy that Gono had to be stretchered from the ring....
  46. Strikeforce CEO: Emelianenko vs. Werdum matchup "makes a lot of sense"
    After Emelianenko dispatched of Rogers via second-round knockout and Werdum edged Silva via decision, Coker was again asked if that was still the plan. The Strikeforce boss said some discussions will...
  47. Gegard Mousasi Happier to See Fedor Emelianenko Win Than Himself
    Gegard Mousasi says he wasn't all that impressed by his performance on Saturday night. Nevertheless, "The Dreamcatcher" picked up his 14th straight victory, and continued his quest to become...
  48. Le vs. Smith official for "Strikeforce: Evolution" on Dec. 19
    A potential middleweight slugfest first reported by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) is now official, as Strikeforce announced former 185-pound champion Cung Le (6-0) meets fellow striking...
  49. Strikeforce's Antonio Silva has no ill will toward judges' decision
    HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. – When the final decision was read – Fabricio Werdum earned a unanimous decision win over fellow heavyweight Antonio Silva by winning two rounds to one – the crowd at the Sears...
  50. What Happened To Mark Miller vs. Deray Davis?
    After the post-Fedor madness cleared from the cage we were told to get upstairs for the press conference and it was clear that the Miller/Davis fight wasn't taking place. I tried to ask the few...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538