MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Featherweight prospect Chad Mendes signs multi-fight WEC deal
    Undefeated featherweight prospect Chad Mendes (5-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC) is heading to the big show. WEC general manager Reed Harris confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Mendes recently...
  2. Bart Palaszewski vs. Anthony Pettis on tap for WEC 45 in December
    After taking one bout outside of the WEC, lightweight Bart Palaszewski (32-13 MMA, 1-2 WEC) makes his return to the organization at "WEC 45: Cerrone vs. Ratcliff." MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com)...
  3. Report: Alves Off UFC 107
    It now appears that anyone who is a Thiago or facing Jon Fitch at UFC 107 is cursed. First Fitch's original opponent, Ricardo Almeida, was forced off due to injury and now word is that the...
  4. Don King Prepared To Monetize MMA, Take On UFC
    And not only that, but he actually discussed MMA without trashing it in favor of boxing. The famed boxing promoter, still going strong at 78 with slightly less but still-electric hair on his head,...
  5. Kurt Pellegrino Off TUF 10 Finale
    The injury bug is back with a vengeance. Following Thiago Alves being forced off UFC 107, now comes word that Kurt Pellegrino is now off the TUF 10 Finale. Edgar announced the change today, word is...
  6. After Move and Medication, Jens Pulver To Return To WEC Cage in 2010
    Jens Pulver is planning to bring a little evil back to the WEC cage one more time. The former UFC lightweight champion and MMA legend, who has not been heard from since losing to Josh Grispi in June...
  7. Is the MMA Talent Pool Drying Up?
    There were 190 middleweights and 81 light heavyweights who showed up cauliflower ears and all in hopes of becoming the next "Ultimate Fighter." ... UFC president Dana White called it a low turnout...
  8. With Pellegrino out, Veach steps up to face Edgar at TUF 10 Finale
    The UFC merry-go-round continues to spin. With a back injury forcing Kurt Pellegrino (14-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) out a lightweight contest with Frankie Edgar (10-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) at The Ultimate Fighter 10...
  9. Scott Jorgensen vs. Takeya Mizugaki added to WEC 45
    An intriguing bantamweight matchup between two high-paced fighters has been added to "WEC 45: Cerrone vs. Ratcliff." WEC officials today officially announced that Scott Jorgensen (7-3 MMA, 3-2 WEC)...
  10. Karo Parisyan is going to eat Dustin Hazelett for breakfast
    “I think it’s a great style for me. It’s a great matchup. I eat Jiu Jitsu guys for breakfast a lot of times. He’s tough and he’s got really good Jiu Jitsu and good standup. He’s a well-rounded...
  11. Credeur vs. Massenzio in the works for UFC Fight Night 20
    A middleweight clash between Tim Credeur and Mike Massenzio is possible for UFC Fight Night 20. TheGarv.com was the first to report the match-up Friday morning, and MMAWeekly subsequently learned...
  12. Shields' move to middleweight may not be permanent
    Jake Shields officially makes the move to middleweight from the 170-pound weight class where he’s ranked third in the world for a shot at the vacant Strikeforce 185-pound title against Jason “Mayhem”...
  13. TUF 10’s Zak Jensen Faces Wrongful Death Lawsuit
    The Stillwater Gazette has reported that the family of the late Josh Gunderson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against The Ultimate Fighter 10 cast member Zak Jensen in a Washington County Court late...
  14. WEC signs British fighter Brad Pickett
    Brad ’One Punch’ Pickett (17-4) has been signed to a multi-fight deal with the WEC and will debut for the promotion early 2010, Fighters Only can reveal. The London fighter will be entering the 135lb...
  15. Dan Hardy on Swick: "Forget fight of the night, I want fight of the year"
    Dan Hardy is all focus as he prepares for his UFC 105 meeting with Mike ‘Quick’ Swick, and not even talk of a welterweight title shot against Georges St. Pierre should he win is enough to distract...
  16. Akiyama and Okami arrive at Xtreme Couture
    Yoshihiro Akiyama and Yushin Okami have arrived at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas for a month of training, and so far they are enjoying themselves immensely. The Japanese duo say the difference in...
  17. Pedro Rizzo reflects on career turning point
    Pedro Rizzo was a big name in the early years of mixed martial arts, feared by opponents and loved by fans for his hard-hitting style and savage leg kicks that used to crumple his opponents to the...
  18. Mark Bocek Now Meets Joe Brammer At TUF 10 Finale
    The constant UFC card shuffling continues. Mark Bocek, who was to have faced Matt Veach at the TUF 10 Finale, is now going to face UFC newcomer Joe Brammer instead. The change comes after Veach was...
  19. Josh Neer Gets His Walking Papers
    After suffering his second loss in a row and his third defeat in the last four outings, Josh "The Dentist" Neer has been released from the UFC, ending his third tour of duty inside the Octagon. It's...
  20. Silva vs. Belfort Off UFC 108
    According to Ed Soares, Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort for the UFC Middleweight Championship at UFC 108 is not happening. Soares, Silva's manager, said "The latest is he's not fighting Jan. 2,"...
  21. Wanderlei: “Shogun is the new champion”
    “I said that Shogun would win and he won, we can’t discuss that. He fought in a smart way with Lyoto, it was a big fight. Lyoto gave some knee blows and some punches, but hasn’t that strength that...
  22. José Aldo focused on Mike Brown
    “My expectations are the best as possible, I’m training a lot to make an excellent fight”, Aldo said. “My fans can expect the best of me and I’ll represent Brazil very well. I’m studying his strong...
  23. Demian training boxing with Minotauro
    “Forget about Cuba, come to my house in Salvador to train with me, with (Luis) Dórea, Rogério (Minotouro) and (Junior) Cigano (dos Santos)”, heavyweight said. With the friend’s invitation, Demian...
  24. Ortiz Takes The High Road With Coleman
    Just a month ago, Tito Ortiz was slated to make his return to the Octagon and face UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman. An injury forced Coleman out of the bout, but the talk turned ugly days later when...
  25. Rozanne Modafferi Gets Her Chance To Strike
    Patiently awaiting her opportunity to step into the Strikeforce cage, Roxanne Modafferi will finally get her chance, albeit on only nine days notice, as she faces Marloes Coenen in a fight that could...
  26. Lyoto Machida undergoes surgery
    "He had surgery yesterday on his left hand," Soares said. "The doctor said it was a complete success." Soares said the procedure actually addressed a set of lingering issues rather than repairing...
  27. Good Things To Come For Ryan Bader
    Undefeated UFC light heavyweight Ryan Bader (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) continues to improve with each performance in the octagon, and his UFC 104 win over Eric Schafer (11-4-2 MMA, 3-3 UFC) was no...
  28. Strikeforce Signs Zaromskis
    Dream welterweight champion Marius Zaromskis has come to terms on a multi-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to officials within the promotion. An emerging superstar at 170 pounds, the...
  29. Report: Houston Alexander vs. "Kimbo Slice" set for catchweight bout at TUF 10 Finale
    link A long-rumored contest between UFC sluggers Houston Alexander (9-4 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (3-1 MMA, 0-0 WEC) will take place at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale on Dec. 5...
  30. With Thiago Alves injured, Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce set for UFC 107 in December
    link MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that welterweights Jon Fitch (19-3 MMA, 10-1 UFC) and Mike Pierce (10-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez,"...
  31. Brett Rogers gets advice from, and trains with, Josh Barnett for Fedor Emelianenko fight
    link ”Keep moving. Never, never stay still. Keep moving, and you’ll always find some way, some pocket, to get out of a bad situation. Especially when it comes to a ground situation.” – Words of...
  32. Shooto, Pancrase End Cold War at "Revolutionary Exchanges 3"
    link The first pair of interpromotional fights to be announced will see Shootors Kotetsu Boku and Shiko Yamashita squaring off with Pancrase veterans Koji Oishi and Takuya Wada in respective 154-...
  33. Corey Hill making the comeback
    Corey Hill thinks of Dec. 10, 2008 every day. The 31-year-old lightweight won the first round of his fight with Dale Hartt at UFC’s “Fight for the Troops” and was just getting started in the second...
  34. The MMA Bad Boy: Charles Bennett wants you to meet a kinder, gengtler "Kid Kaos"
    There was a lot of noise in the background. "What was the question?" said Charles Bennett, the man better know in the mixed-martial-arts world as Krazy Horse, even though he would now prefer to be...
  35. Cyborgs back to Strikeforce in December
    Chute Boxe’s leader, Rudimar Fedrigo is smiling from ear to ear with his team back to the good phase. With Fabrício Werdum, Cris Cyborg and Alexandre Cacareco’s victories, the Fedrigo expects an...
  36. ‘Cigano’ looking for the KO against Gonzaga
    Heavyweight sensation in the UFC, Junior “Cigano” dos Santos will have one more tough challenge ahead. After knocking Fabrício Werdum out and pass thru Mirko “Cro Cop”, the heavyweight faces the...
  37. UFC Champs Healing,Plan Early 2010 Returns
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship is going to be without the services of two of its champions for the next few events, but when middleweight champ Anderson Silva and light heavyweight titleholder...
  38. Pat Barry Talks About The Day He Cashed His $120K Check
    It wasn't until Tuesday when I got back home that I got a knock on the door, a special delivery for me. I opened it up and when I saw it, I was like, 'What the...' They weren't joking man they...
  39. No retirement for Lil Evil: Jens Pulver says training camp has started
    Although retirement from mixed martial arts seemed inevitable following his loss to Josh Grispi in May, Jens Pulver apparently will fight again. The former UFC champion and early MMA superstar on...
  40. Jake Shields ready to win Strikeforce title
    Top three ranked welterweight in the world Jake Shields proved he could compete with top middleweights when he went up in weight class and defeated former Elite XC 185-pound titleholder “Ruthless”...
  41. Nick Osipczak to prove TUF-ness at UFC 105
    Coming out of The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 off the back of wars with Demarques Johnson and Frank Lester, things looked good for British welterweight prospect Nick Osipczak. Sporting a professional...
  42. Dan Hardy Will Have Panic Attacks-Not Super Powers-At UFC 105
    So says Mike Swick, who apparently believes that the hometown crowd will not turn Dan Hardy into Superman. “You never know how fighters are gonna react to hearing either cheers or boos, but I don’t...
  43. Return of the King-Fedor
    Even at its weakest, network television is still the circulatory system for most entertainment: It’s familiar, it’s accessible and it doesn’t need to buffer. Fedor Emelianenko’s appointment with the...
  44. Mike Brown: “I’m hungry to keep the title”
    At November 18, Mike Brown goes toe to toe with the knockout artist Jose Aldo to defend his WEC featherweight title. Two weeks before the fight, the American Top Team talent spoke with TATAME.com...
  45. Varner vs. Henderson, Assuncao vs. Faber official for WEC 46 in Sacramento
    The long-awaited return of WEC lightweight champ Jamie Varner (16-2 MMA, 4-0 WEC) is now official, and the Arizona Combat Sports product meets interim champ Benson Henderson (10-1 MMA, 3-0 WEC) at...
  46. Strikeforce CEO predicts "Fedor vs. Rogers" sell-out
    "When you have an opportunity to do a co-promotion with M-1 and sign the No. 1 heavyweight in the world, we sat down and we talked about it, and I think it works for everybody," Coker said. "Believe...
  47. Josh Neer’s Manager Effectively Illustrates the Problem With Josh Neer
    Unfortunately Josh was matched up with fighters that wanted to take him down and lay on him to grind out a victory. If you are going to take Josh down then at least try to finish him, just don’t lay...
  48. Cane vs. Nogueira completes UFC 106 main card; P. Thiago vs. Volkmann official for prelims
    mmajunkie A long-rumored bout between Brazilian light heavyweights Luiz Cane (10-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (17-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is now official.
  49. Ben Rothwell feels "ripped off" by UFC 104 stoppage
    Ben Rothwell feels “ripped off” by the referee stoppage that ended his UFC 104 fight with heavyweight contender Cain Velasquez. Early in the second round, Steve Mazzagatti stepped in to wave the...
  50. The Cyborgs Return To SF December 19
    With the next Strikeforce event after this weekend tentatively scheduled for December 19, it appears that the fighting couple of Evangelista & Cristiane Santos, aka the Cyborgs, will both return to...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542