MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Paulo Filho Out of Dream.12
    In another setback for a talented but troubled MMA fighter, former World Extreme Cagefighting middleweight champion Paulo Filho is off Sunday's Dream 12 card. Filho, who a couple of years ago was...
  2. Lyle Beerbohm inks multi-fight deal with Strikeforce
    Undefeated prospect Lyle Beerbohm (13-0) has inked a multi-year deal with Strikeforce. "Fancy Pants" has already fought twice for the organization in his two-and-a-half year career, but now Beerbohm...
  3. Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham targeted for January's UFC 108 in Las Vegas
    A potential slugfest is currently in the works for UFC 108 as Martin Kampmann (15-3 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Rory Markham (16-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) have been targeted for a welterweight contest at the event....
  4. UFN 20: Escudero Now Facing Dunham
    After being pulled form his scheduled UFC Fight Night 20 fight with Nik Lentz for still-unknown reasons, it now appears Efrain Escudero will face Evan Dunham at UFN 20 instead. Lentz is now facing...
  5. Machida, Rua Agree to 'Immediate Rematch'
    In a night where discrepancy won out, there was one thing UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, and UFC president Dana White could all agree upon: a rematch between the...
    Pages: 2
  6. Dana White: "I think there will be a rematch" between Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua
    Dana White: "I think there will be a rematch" between Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua by John Morgan on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:05 am ET LOS ANGELES – Never one to bite his tongue, UFC president Dana White...
  7. OFFICIAL CSAC Machida/Shogun scorecards=MMA WEEKLY link
    Here's a look at what all 3 judges thought. machiad vs shogun scorecards
  8. MFC Strips & Releases Champion Trevor Prangley
    A surprise move was made Sunday night by Canada's Maximum Fighting Championships (MFC) promotion-their Light Heavyweight Champion, Trevor Prangley, was stripped of the title and released. Sunday...
  9. Joe Stevenson Struck Oil Against Spencer Fisher At UFC 104
    Joe Stevenson gives MMA Fanhouse the people’s eyebrow when talking about the condition of opponent Spencer Fisher at UFC 104 last Saturday night from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. “Daddy” forced...
  10. Paulo Thiago Possibly Meeting Jakob Volkmann At UFC 106
    After being left without a fight due to UFC breaking up a fight between the promotion's 2 Thiagos, there are now reports that Paulo Thiago-pulled from a planned Thiago Alves fight in favor of Jon...
  11. Sometimes The Strategy Doesn't Work
    And that was the case for Lyoto Machida Saturday night. In discussing his UFC 104 win over Mauricio Rua, Machida says he was 100% and kept looking for openings to finish the fight, but didn't get...
  12. Breaking News Lesnar out at 106 due to illness
    Brock Lesnar, the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s massive heavyweight titleholder, was forced to withdraw Monday from his highly anticipated Nov. 21 title defense in Las Vegas against Shane Carwin....
  13. Carwin says bout rescheduled for UFC 108
    I guess this is the best we can expect at this point. Carwin tweets
  14. Quinton Jackson "Ashamed" Of "A******s"
    And of course he commits potential career suicide in the process because said bad words were directed towards UFC. He was voicing his opinion of the events of UFC 104, in particular the main event...
  15. Stann vs. Wallace, Hallman vs. Howard, Bocek vs. Veach all official for TUF 10 Finale
    As "The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights" continues on toward the final two competitors, the season's live finale is beginning to take shape. The UFC today announced three previously reported...
  16. For Kimbo Slice, It's All About the Fight
    Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson was famous before signing on for the Spike TV reality show “The Ultimate Fighter.” He headlined fight cards on CBS and was paid high-end money for a mixed martial arts...
  17. Josh Barnett receives second extension for CSAC steroid appeal
    Affliction Grim Reaper and former PRIDE star Josh Barnett has applied for — and received — a second extension for his appeal directed towards the ruling of the California State Athletic Commission...
  18. Vitor Belfort: Nate Marquardt deserves Anderson Silva more than I do (Video)
    Link to video
  19. Takanori Gomi Could KO BJ Penn-If Dana White Wasn't So Hard To Deal With
    Former PRIDE Lightweight Champion Takanori Gomi recently told a Japanese website that he wants to fight current UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn. But preferably not in UFC. The reason? As he says,...
  20. UFC 104 Prelims On Spike: 1.4 Million Viewers
    Spike TV's broadcast of two preliminary card bouts from this past Saturday's "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" card drew 1.4 million viewers according to a report issued today by the cable television...
  21. Dear Haters: Watch UFC 104 Without Audio And You Might See A Different Fight
    Yours truly, Lyoto Machida. That's one of the things he said in a Sherdog.com interview: "The American commentators were pretty much biased. If you see the fight without audio, you will probably see...
  22. Dave Meltzer: Dana White Wants Machida-Shogun II on January 2nd
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/27/1103371/dave-meltzer-dana-white-wants
  23. UFC 104 Medical Suspensions
    The CSAC has issued the medical suspensions from UFC 104, and it's sure to add fuel to some fires. While most fighters got 30-60 day suspensions except for Pat Barry getting 180 days without doctor's...
  24. UFC 104 Fighter Payouts
    The CSAC today announced the disclosed fighter payouts from UFC 104. The total disclosed payouts was $922,000 with the biggest share-$200,000-going to Lyoto Machida. Additionally, if the rumors of...
  25. Report: Ronnys Torres To Make UFC Debut In February
    Take 3. After having his planned UFC debut scrapped twice in the past year due to knee injuries, UFC newcomer Ronnys Torres is set to try once again. The TATAME website reports Torres could debut in...
  26. First Screenshot of EA Sports MMA game
    Link The article's author doesnt even recognize Fedor, so dont expect intelligent mma article, but the screenshot looks great and is supposed to be in game play
  27. UFC 104's Anthony Johnson: "As soon as I didn't make weight, my life changed"
    UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson should have left Los Angeles $60,000 richer. After earning a devastating 43-second TKO win over Yoshiyuki Yoshida on the main card of this past Saturday's UFC 104...
  28. Josh Koscheck to co-headline UFC 106
    Josh Koscheck announces via twitter: I got some big fight news for me. I am fighting nov 21 in Vegas. Co main event!!! Haha it's on baby!!!! Link
  29. DREAM signs big prospect !!
    French fighter Karl Amoussou has signed a four fight deal to fight for the Japanese organization DREAM. Details about the fighter’s debut are unknown at this point, however sources close to the...
  30. Toughill-Coenen Off 11/7 SF Event (Updated)
    It looks like Cristiane Santos must now wait longer to find out who she will first defend her Strikeforce Women's Championship against. A planned determination fight between Erin Toughill and Marloes...
  31. Coming Soon: The First MMA Minor League System
    Every major pro sport has feeder systems-minor league baseball, NBDL, AHL, NCAA Football. Soon, MMA will have PMMAL. In an effort to help develop the next generation of MMA stars while providing...
  32. Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson slotted for UFC 106 co-main event
    With the loss of its UFC 106 main event between UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and challenger Shane Carwin earlier this week, the UFC has bolstered the Nov. 21 card with a welterweight bout...
  33. Pat Barry Really Needed That UFC104 Bonus Money Bad.
    It’s nice to see the prelim fighters win the UFC pay-per-view bonus money. They need it a lot more than many of the guys on the main card who are making well into the five, six and seven-figures per...
  34. Despite illness of his own, Shane Carwin ‘would have never pulled out of the fight’
    “Last week was the first week that I actually started feeling better from a strain of the swine flu. I had lost over 15 pounds (something I could not afford to loose) and had just pulled some muscles...
  35. "The Ultimate Fighter 11" tryouts draw Bobby Southworth, Nick Thompson, Logan Clark
    Tryouts for the upcoming 11th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" took place Monday in Los Angeles, and at least three notable names were among the day's 300 applicants. Former Strikeforce light...
  36. Rob Emerson vs. Phillipe Nover at UFC 109
    A lightweight match-up between Phillipe Nover and Rob Emerson is signed, sealed, and delivered for UFC 109 on Feb. 6 in Las Vegas. Nover (9-2-1) has endured a rocky start to his UFC career since...
  37. NSAC To Discuss Alexander, UFC 109
    The NSAC yesterday released the agenda for it's next tele-meeting scheduled for November 4. 2 items of note on the agenda are Houston Alexander and UFC requesting a February date. Alexander has...
  38. Ed Soares Manages Bentleys, Not Toyotas
    In a recent interview with Yahoo Sports, MMA manager Ed Soares recently compared the "Three Kings"-Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida & Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira-he manages to Bentley & Toyota dealerships...
  39. Lift The Ban Watch: MMA Now Very Close To Legal In Massachusetts
    In a move that could soon bring the Ultimate Fighting Championship to Boston, Massachusetts state representatives passed a bill earlier this week that calls for the regulation of mixed martial arts....
  40. UFC 104 bonus baron Pat Barry undergoing surgery, out at least two months
    UFC heavyweight Pat Barry today will undergo surgery to insert a pin in his thumb near the wrist that will keep him out of action for at least two months. The fighter, who won $120,000 after winning...
  41. Faber to face Assuncao at WEC 46
    The long-awaited return of World Extreme Cagefighting fan favorite Urijah Faber is now set. MMAWeekly.com sources on Thursday confirmed that Faber would return at WEC 46 on Jan. 11 to face fellow...
  42. Happy with win, Stevenson wants holiday break
    Heading into UFC 104, Joe Stevenson was taken back a little bit when he heard the news that Spencer Fisher had walked into UFC president Dana White's office and specifically asked to face the former...
  43. Vitor : I don’t have this ambition of fighting him (Anderson) now, I didn’t get in UFC looking for it, to take his belt
    This thing of fighting Anderson is something that I’ve never looked for. I care about him a lot, but started that thing of Dana White talks... I don’t care about fighting for the title, I want to do...
  44. Joseph Benavidez vs. Rani Yahya set for WEC 45 in December
    A bantamweight bout between contenders Joseph Benavidez (10-1 MMA, 2-1 WEC) and Rani Yahya (15-4 MMA, 4-1 WEC) is set for next month's WEC 45 event. The WEC has since confirmed that bout and others...
  45. Slight dip, but TUF holds up against World Series
    Despite heavy competition from Major League Baseball’s World Series, The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights continues to draw well for the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Spike TV. This week’s Episode...
  46. Randy Couture wants Ricky Hatton to make the jump to MMA
    UFC Hall of Famer, Randy Couture talked about wanting British boxing superstar, Ricky Hatton to make the jump to MMA. If interested, Randy says he's willing to help the former boxing world champion...
  47. Denis Kang: "I am looking to make a major statement"
    Denis Kang believes his forthcoming match with Michael Bisping at UFC 105 “is probably the biggest fight of my career” and “one which will put me on the map in the UFC”. With just over two weeks to...
  48. Dana has "proposal" for Liddell, "disgusted" with Rampage
    Dana White says he is “putting together a proposal” for former UFC light-heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell, who recently finished a run on popular television show Dancing With the Stars and is now...
  49. Paul Kelly on Siver: "I'll break his jaw or submit him - whatever gets me the bonus!"
    Paul Kelly says he is feeling better than ever ahead of his UFC 105 clash with German lightweight Denis Siver. A former welterweight, Kelly is two fights and two wins into a new life at 155lbs and...
  50. Lashley-Strikeforce Deal Nears
    Can an athlete thrive with two mistresses? At the moment, Bobby Lashley seems to think so, as he's pursued dual careers in MMA and pro wrestling over the last year. However, the former amateur...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575