MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Dana White willing to sell small stake in UFC to outside investor
    Dana White speaks with Bloomberg regarding a possible 10-15% stake sale to a private investor. VIDEO
  2. Alistair Overeem returns at DREAM.12
    In his sixth fight since winning Strikeforce's heavyweight title in November 2007, Alistair Overeem will again compete outside the U.S.-based promotion when he returns to Japan for the latest DREAM...
  3. Wren thinks Jackson is not a coach
    5. It sure looked like Rampage and his coaches gave little support to their fighters after they lost. What was your impression? Justin Wren – “I absolutely have to agree with you. I heard Rampage...
  4. Bellator strikes landmark broadcasting deal with FOX Sports Net, NBC and Telemundo
    Bellator Fighting Championships will shift from its original home on Spanish-language ESPN Deportes to FOX Sports Net, NBC and Telemundo for the next two seasons, the U.S.-based mixed-martial-arts...
  5. With Australian debut looming, UFC signs countrymen James Te Huna
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship makes its Australian debut in February 2010, and in anticipation of the event, the promotion has added a countrymen to the roster. Australian MMA veteran James Te...
  6. Showtime to Air Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers 'Fight Camp 360' Special
    Despite the fact that the Brett Rogers vs. Fedor Emelianenko fight will not be airing on Showtime, the premium cable network obviously still has a lot invested in the heavyweight bout, and it is...
  7. 'TUF 8' Winner Ryan Bader Aims to Dictate Fight vs. Experienced Eric Schafer
    The Ultimate Fighter 8 winner Ryan Bader says his keys to beating Eric "Red" Schafer at UFC 104 is to dictate the fight and avoid Schafer's experienced Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu game. Bader, one of the...
  8. Shawn Tompkins: Chris Horodecki Heading to the WEC
    According to trainer Shawn Tompkins, MMA lightweight Chris Horodecki will be heading to the WEC. "It looks like Chris Horodecki will be showing up in the WEC," Tompkins revealed in a recent...
  9. Salmon Suspended 1 Year, Fined $2500
    Former UFC fighter Sean Salmon has been given a 1-year administrative suspension and a $2500 fine by the Ohio Athletic Commission for for "not fighting to the best of his ability" and "conduct...
  10. Chuck Liddell on potential Kimbo bout: ‘I guess I’d do it’
    After getting the “tapped” out on ABC’s “Dancing With The Stars,” Chuck Liddell is ready to get back into gym. The former UFC Light Heavyweight champion recently spoke with Sherdog Radio Network’s...
  11. Mark Munoz vs. Ryan Jensen inked for UFC 108 in Las Vegas
    A bout between Mark Munoz (6-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and fellow middleweight Ryan Jensen (14-5 MMA, 1-3 UFC) is set for the UFC's first-of-the-year event, UFC 108. Sources close to the bout confirmed with...
  12. UFC vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam headlines Dec. 3 Tachi Palace Fights 2 event
    Tachi Palace Fights, the reincarnation of the once-popular Palace Fighting Championships, returns for its second show on Dec. 3, and the organization has secured recent UFC fighter Xavier Foupa-Pokam...
  13. Curran moves on, signs 2 fights for Strikeforce
    Former World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight Jeff Curran has fought for just about every major fight promotion in the world: WEC, UFC, Pride, IFL, King of the Cage. He’s about to add another to the...
  14. Shogun Rua looking to exploit "The Dragon's" low guard on Oct. 24
    “I am the underdog for sure but I am confident. Lyoto is the favorite, the current champion. Everybody bets he will beat me but I come in all my fights thinking I’m capable to win. I already see...
  15. Anderson Silva slams Vitor "betrayal"
    Anderson Silva made clear in a recent conversation with Fighters Only that he is not impressed by the arrival of Vitor Belfort in the middleweight division. Anderson, well known for his constant...
  16. Mousasi talks about prospect of facing Dan Henderson in Strikeforce
    Gegard Mousasi (26-2-1) believes the prospect of Dan Henderson joining Strikeforce is an interesting one, but he is in no hurry to face the former PRIDE double-champion. “I think if he would join...
  17. Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard To Main Event UFN 20
    Although UFC Fight Night 20 still hasn't been announced yet by UFC, the January event in Virginia now has it's main event-Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard. Diaz's camp has confirmed the fight and word is...
  18. Lyoto and Shogun face to face at TATAME
    UFC’s octagon will be on fire next Saturday (24). On UFC 104 main event, the Karate fighter Lyoto Machida will put the light heavyweight title in line for the first time, and his opponent will be...
  19. Donald Cerrone and Ed Ratcliff agree to WEC 45 lightweight co-feature in December
    While the WEC awaits medical clearance on new interim champ Benson Henderson before determining his next move, the man "Smooth" defeated is ready to get back in the cage. Donald Cerrone (10-2 MMA,...
  20. McCarthy Not Assigned to UFC 104
    As if the CSAC wasn't in enough shambles already. Seriously I hope there is major outcry when a call gets blown this weekend. Link Referee “Big” John McCarthy will be conspicuously absent from UFC...
  21. Rolles Gracie vs. Mustapha Al-Turk at UFC 109
    link For the first time since Royce Gracie stepped into the UFC Octagon in May 2006, another Gracie will make their way to the top MMA promotion as Rolles Gracie has signed a multi-fight deal with...
  22. Urijah Faber Not Happy With Dominick Cruz Acting Like An "Immature Punk"
    As we all know, normally Urijah Faber is one of the coolest cats in MMA, always a good sport and not a punk, but even he can be pissed off. In a recent interview on Pro MMA Radio, Faber told host...
  23. Silva-Belfort At UFC 108 "Up In The Air"
    If you're looking forward to Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort at UFC 108 on January 2, keep the excitement in check-it's still not official. According to Silva's manager Ed Soares, Silva has not yet...
  24. Anthony Pettis Off WEC 44
    The recently completed card for November's "WEC 44: Brown vs. Aldo" will once again need a little attention. Anthony Pettis is now off due to injury, leaving original opponent Rob McCullough without...
  25. Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael dos Anjos targeted for UFC Fight Night 20 prelims
    A lightweight bout between Kyle Bradley (14-6 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Rafael dos Anjos (12-4 MMA, 1-2 UFC) will soon be set for January's UFC Fight Night 20 event. A source close to one of the lightweight...
  26. UFC Main Events Premieres November 7 On Spike
    You knew it was coming, and UFC & Spike made it official today-as counter-programming against Strikeforce's 11/7 event on CBS, Spike announced a special called "UFC Main Events" will air that night...
  27. Former UFC Champion Tim Sylvia Agrees to DREAM New Year's Eve Fight
    Tim Sylvia has verbally agreed to make his Japanese MMA debut for DREAM on New Year's Eve. Sylvia's agent Monte Cox confirmed the news with FanHouse. The former UFC heavyweight champion will be a...
  28. Exclusive: Jeff Curran vs. Sam Thao set for “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers"
    A bantamweight showdown between Jeff Curran and Sam Thao has been set for “Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers“. The event is set for November 7 from the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL., airing live...
  29. Brad Blackburn plans UFC return in 2010
    Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight "Bad" Brad Blackburn recently signed a new multi-fight deal with the organization and expects to return to UFC action in early 2010. “I am going to be...
  30. Stephens, Not Escudero, Likely Facing Lentz At UFN 20
    It seems the rapid-fire pace of UFC Fight Night 20 fight announcements has gotten to be a little too fast. Intiially there were reports that Efrain Escudero would face Nik Lentz at the January event,...
  31. Pyle vs. Ellenberger latest additon to UFC 108
    UFC 108's quickly filling fight card got another addition with a booking that pits Mike Pyle (19-6 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. fellow welterweight Jake Ellenberger (21-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC). Sources close to both...
  32. UFC 104's crowd-pleasing lightweight Spencer Fisher wants a shot at B.J. Penn
    The last time the UFC visited Staples Center was for UFC 60 in May of 2006. With the organization's return to the arena on Saturday night for "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" just three days away, one...
  33. Cain Velasquez: There is nothing Ben Rothwell can do to me
    "He’s a normal person, just like me. Whatever he’s willing to do to me, you know, I’m willing to do the same to him. [I plan on] controlling him on the feet, making openings, taking him down. Just...
  34. Couture insists he is not thinking of retiring soon
    Randy Couture says he has not been thinking of retirement any time soon, even though he is the oldest active fighter on the UFC roster. Having recently signed a new six-fight deal, he could find...
  35. WVR Announces 10 For 12/31 Event
    World Victory Road today announced 10 participants for it's 12/31 NYE event that will go up against Fields Dynamite!! in Japan. Dubbed/nicknamed "Sengoku Raiden Championships", the announced fighters...
  36. Takeya Mizugaki vs. Damacio Page in the works for WEC 45 in December
    A bantamweight contest between sluggers Takeya Mizugaki (12-3-2 MMA, 1-1 WEC) and Damacio Page (12-4 MMA, 3-1 WEC) is currently in the works for December's as-yet-unannounced WEC 45 event. Page,...
  37. Machida says Shogun will be 2 or 3 steps behind
    UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida isn’t buying Mauricio “Shogun” Rua’s promise to be patient when they face off Saturday at UFC 104. Rua, 27, in July told MMAWeekly.com that Machida’s past...
  38. Ricardo Almeida vs. Jon Fitch At UFC 106 Now Off
    This according to Fitch, who reports that Almeida is now off UFC 106 due to a knee injury. Fitch is also off 106 as well, he says he'll now fight at a later date against "a huge opponent", but can't...
  39. Joe Warren Off Vale Tudo Japan 2009, Cory Grant In (Updated)
    A last-minute change has been made to the upcoming Vale Tudo Japan 2009 event at JCB Hall in Tokyo on October 30. A torn knee ligament suffered in training means Joe Warren is off and will not face...
  40. After "dark days" of career, UFC 104's Shogun Rua doesn't care what you think
    LOS ANGELES – For a man who not too long ago was widely considered the best light heavyweight fighter in the world, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (18-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) isn't being given much of a chance in his...
  41. After UFC 103 and UFC 104 specials, Spike TV may air additional pay-per-view prelims
    Mixed-martial-arts fans rejoiced last month when the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Spike TV announced two bouts from UFC 103 would air for free on the cable station. Used to dishing out $45 for...
  42. Jon Fitch likely to rematch Thiago Alves at UFC 107 in December
    Late Wednesday UFC welterweight contender Jon Fitch (19-3 MMA, 10-1 UFC) announced his UFC 106 fight had been canceled because of a knee injury suffered by opponent by Ricardo Almeida (11-3 MMA, 4-3...
  43. Chris Horodecki signs with WEC, likely to meet Anthony Njokuani at WEC 45
    Chris Horodecki (13-1 MMA, 0-0 WEC), one of the biggest stars to come out of the now-defunct International Fight League, has signed with World Extreme Cagefighting and is expected to make his...
  44. Dana White: Dan Henderson demanded to be "by far the highest-paid guy in the UFC"
    LOS ANGELES – UFC fans hoping to hear a positive update on current free agent Dan Henderson's return to the UFC might not want to read any further. "We're at a stalemate right now," White said. "The...
  45. Despite issuing 3,300 free tickets, Dana White happy with UFC 104 sales
    LOS ANGELES – When the UFC first visited Los Angeles' Staples Center for UFC 60 in May 2006, the event was considered by many as a bit of a disappointment at the gate after it attracted just 10,347...
  46. Bas, Miletich & More talk Shogun v Machida
    Bas Rutten – “Its going to be a great fight! Shogun is the better striker (hands), kicking wise I think he has the same skills as Machida he might kick harder though plus he has those crazy knees....
  47. UFC update: UFC 105 sold-out, Mexico likely in April, Virginia next new domestic market
    LOS ANGELES – The UFC's ventures abroad continue to earn financial success, and UFC president Dana White today declared November's "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" in the U.K. an official sell-out....
  48. Dana White considers futures of Mirko Filipovic, Quinton Jackson and Chuck Liddell
    LOS ANGELES – A trio of recently departed MMA superstars may not actually be any closer to returning to the promotion, but UFC president Dana White refused to rule out a return trip to the octagon by...
  49. No secrets for Ben Rothwell at UFC 104
    LOS ANGELES – There was no shade of secrecy in Ben Rothwell’s pre-fight hype talk with reporters. After 10 years working his way to the top of the mixed martial arts world, Rothwell, 28, was serious...
  50. Almeida explains Fitch fight cancellation
    “My knee popped during training at Renzo (Gracie’s) this week and right away I knew it wasn't good. (I) got an MRI and the results were a sprained and partially torn MCL and a tear also of my...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550