MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC 111 - UFC books February 21st for its trip to Sydney, Australia
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship is planning an event for Feb. 21 at Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia, MMAWeekly.com has learned from a source within the UFC. The date, landing on a Sunday, is an...
  2. Frankie Edgar vs. Kurt Pellegrino lightweight bout to co-headline TUF 10 Finale
    Indicating the lightweight fighters are moving toward the top of of the contenders list, Frankie Edgar (10-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and fellow New Jersey native Kurt Pellegrino (14-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) have been...
  3. Antonio Silva: To get to Fedor, Fabricio Werdum must be eliminated
    “Werdum is a good fighter, very experienced, cautious with good jiu-jitsu. He is famed among Strikeforce heavyweights and I want to be between the best ones to get the chance to fight Fedor, so I...
  4. Coker: Overeem Will Defend Title Early Next Year
    During a media call today, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker fielded a variety of questions, including when we'll see Strikeforce Havyweight Champion Alistair Overeem defend the title for the first time...
  5. Strikeforce Wants To Unify Titles With Dream
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on Wednesday said that his promotion is ready to take the leap forward and do something that has rarely been attempted in major mixed martial arts promotions, unifying...
  6. Anderson Silva Has Surgery; Ponders Next Bout
    LOS ANGELES -- Anderson Silva and manager Ed Soares are not quite ready to sign off on a fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC 108. Nearly three weeks after UFC president Dana White told the Los Angeles...
  7. Junie Browning Apologizes for Alleged Assaults, Signs For November Bout
    Former UFC lightweight Junie Browning today apologized for his alleged assault of three nurses at a Las Vegas hospital last week that resulted in him being released by the UFC. Despite his...
  8. Strikeforce Wants Champs to Defend 2 Times a Year
    One of the most attractive benefits for fighters signing with Strikeforce at the moment is the promotion’s open-door policy regarding non-exclusive contracts with the Japanese market. Newly acquired...
  9. Alistair Overeem Doesn't Have Time For Brett Rogers & His Bullcrap
    Alistair Overeem's latest excuse for not responding to criticism recently? He's too busy. That, according to comments he made to a Polish MMA website, is why he will not respond to recent comments by...
  10. TUF 10 is Called The Ultimate Fighter-Not The Ultimate Coach
    And Quinton Jackson wants us to remember that. In a blog posting on his official website, Rampage wants to remind everyone the show, in which he is coaching this season against Rashad Evans, is...
  11. UFC Signs Another KOTC Champion
    First Tim Hague, then Mike Guymon, and now UFC has signed a 3rd King Of The Cage Champion in just the last several months. The latest one to sign is Rory MacDonald, a 4-year-pro who's only 20 but is...
  12. Frank Trigg undergoes successful knee surgery, says target return date unchanged
    A knee surgery went better than expected for UFC welterweight Frank Trigg, who underwent a 30-minute procedure this morning in Las Vegas. The procedure, which will keep him out of training for just...
  13. For UFC 104's Razak Al-Hassan, the art always came before the martial
    At first, Razak Al-Hassan didn't know there was a problem. "I didn't feel it," Al-Hassan told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of his dislocated elbow following his UFC debut in December 2008. "When...
  14. Former WEC Champ, Urijah Faber, Eyeing January Return
    Former World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight titleholder Urijah Faber expects to return to action in January, but an opponent has yet to be named for "The California Kid." Faber confirmed during...
  15. UFC Newcomer Alexander Gustafsson Proving Scandinavian MMA is Growing
    Scandinavian countries such as Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland haven't been hotbeds of MMA talent. Over the years, there have been a few quality fighters coming out of the region that...
  16. UFN 20 Targeted For January 11 In Virginia
    Although no announcement has been made and there's no official date yet, UFC could be headed to the Washington, DC area in January. Reports are the promotion is targeting January 11 for UFC Fight...
  17. 'Shogun' sees Machida as favorite at UFC 104
    Mauricio “Shogun” Rua knows his place in the UFC 104 main event against light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida on Oct. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Though he has not played it often...
  18. Rumor: Varner-Cerrone 2 Maybe Next With Henderson Hurt
    Although Benson Henderson beat Donald Cerrone last week to win the WEC Interim Lightweight Title and apparently ruin plans for a Cerrone-Jamie Varner rematch, it seems those plans may be un-ruined...
  19. Daley and Condit for 108
    Rumours surrounding Paul Daley's Octagon return have been rife since his impressive debut against Martin Kampmann in which he scored a TKO win over the Xtreme Couture based Dane in the first round....
  20. Anthony Johnson: "I truly believe I'm nowhere near my potential"
    “The only pressure I feel, honestly, is the pressure to make the weight. Once I’m on weight, I know everything else will take care of itself. I’m hard on myself and I get upset when I make a mistake,...
  21. UFC Quick Quote: Eric Schafer ready for a stress-free night against Ryan Bader
    “I’m definitely more experienced than he is in striking. I’ve been training striking since ‘96; probably since he was in junior high school. This may be the first guy I might not be able to take...
  22. Hype or die: Pat Barry gots a lil' sumtin' for Antoni Hardonk - and da Haterz
    “People got to hate you, this is what I learned doing the fighting sports; people are going to hate you no matter what, it don’t matter how well that you do. I’ve had a 1-second knockout and I still...
  23. UFC President Dana White "disappointed" in Simpsons parody of mixed martial arts
    “I was disappointed. I think it was typical of people that don’t know anything about the sport. I know it’s for fun, but the second half of it really wasn’t even funny. We like fighting, but to make...
  24. Thales Leites joins Maximum Fighting Championships
    The detractors have said their piece — now it’s time to prove them wrong. That is the sentiment coming from the camp of Thales Leites, who has officially signed on to join the middleweight ranks in...
  25. Does Rashad Evans have revenge on his mind?
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans is of two minds when it comes to his upcoming fight with Thiago Silva at UFC 108 in January. Minutes removed from his first crack at runway modeling...
  26. Roger Huerta's new trainer.....Mickey Rourke
    Roger Huerta is getting some choice instruction in his new life as a fighter/actor. Almost a month after losing a hard-fought battle with Gray Maynard at UFC Fight Night 19, Huerta is studying acting...
  27. Tim Sylvia, Kazushi Sakuraba, Shinya Aoki, Bob Sapp, Kid Yamamoto and others announced for “Dynamite!! 2009
    With a rich and extensive tradition of putting together spectacular New Years Eve mixed martial arts events, 2009 is looking like another years end celebration that will fail to disappoint in the...
  28. Ninja turns down DREAM fight to help Shogun, negotiating with Strikeforce
    Murilo ‘Ninja’ Rua has turned down a fight at DREAM 12 in Japan because he is helping his brother Shogun (Mauricio Rua) prepare for his title shot against Lyoto Machida in the UFC. Like his...
  29. Wanderlei confirms Akiyama fight for Sydney, Australia
    Wanderlei Silva has confirmed his next opponent. In a video blog entitled ‘Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama’, the legendary Brazilian confirms the fight for Sydney, Australia on February 21st....
  30. Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller In The Works For UFC 108
    A lightweight contest between Tyson Griffin & Jim Miller is being put together for UFC 108 in Vegas. Both fighters have been approached about the fight and one reportedly has verbally agreed to it....
  31. Yvel granted license in Nevada; UFC next stop?
    LAS VEGAS – Dutch heavyweight Gilbert Yvel has been given another chance to fight in Nevada. After a face-to-face meeting Friday with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, he was given a one-fight...
  32. Province Suspended 9 Months, Fined $4K
    The NSAC today fined WEC fighter Cole Province $4,000 and suspended him for 9 months for failing a post-fight drug test after WEC 42 in August. The fine equals 1/3 of his show money for the fight...
  33. Tom Lawlor & Aaron Simpson Agree To UFN 20 Fight
    Several fights began coming together for a planned UFC Fight Night 20 in Virginia in January, the first of which is Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson. Both have verbally agreed to the fight, paperwork...
  34. Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller In The Works For February
    2 fighters coming off losses will look to get back in the win column in February, as Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller is being worked on for UFC 109. Both have been approached about the contest and at...
  35. Efrain Escudero vs. Nik Lentz Set For UFN 20
    The second fight announced today for the still-unannounced UFC Fight Night 20 in Virginia is a matchup of TUF 8 winner Efrain Escudero and Nik Lentz. Escudero will go for his 13th win in 13 career...
  36. Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce In The Works For UFN 20
    Capping off a busy day of fight announcements is word that Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce is being put together for the yet-unannounced UFC Fight Night 20 in Virginia. Verbal agreements are in place,...
  37. Henderson still open to UFC, but ready to go
    Dan Henderson hasn’t closed any doors yet with the UFC, but he’s ready to move on if necessary. Henderson, 39, fought the last fight of his latest contract at UFC 100, knocking out fellow “The...
  38. Ben Rothwell Says He's About to Make The Gamblers Happy
    After nearly ten years in the fight business, moving from one small organization to another, Ben Rothwell will finally make his UFC debut next Saturday night at UFC 104 in Los Angeles. There he meets...
  39. Henderson, UFC Fail To Come To Terms
    Dan Henderson’s career with the Ultimate Fighting Championship has ground to a close in a contract stalemate, and the former two-division PRIDE champion appears on the verge of signing a deal with...
    Pages: 2
  40. Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva In The Works For UFN 20
    Although UFC Fight Night 20 still hasn't been announced by UFC, the card continues to come togeter at what seems like a record pace. The 5th fight to be revealed in less than 24 hours is Chris Leben...
  41. Jesse Lennox vs. Rick Story Expected For UFN 20
    The rapid-fire UFC Fight Night 20 fight announcements just keep on coming. The 6th one in just the last day is Jesse Lennox vs. Rick Story, which both fighters have verbally agreed to. Article
  42. WEC 45 Likely For December 19 In Vegas
    Although no official announcement has been made yet, WEC 45 likely will be December 19 in Vegas. The Saturday event was to have been held at The Pearl at The Palms, but with a scheduling conflict...
  43. Can CBS bring Fedor to the masses?
    The new CBS commercial featuring Fedor Emelianenko drew a mixed reaction from the MMA faithful this week – a slick product, yes, but late in the game. The 33-year-old Emelianenko, who faces...
  44. Joe Warren vs. Rumina Sato at Vale Tudo Japan '09
    At today's "GIG TOKYO" show in Shinjuku Face, Shooto promoter Sustain revealed the addition of a major fight to the rapidly approaching Vale Tudo Japan '09 (10/30). Previously announced participant...
  45. 20 Questions for the Machida patriarch
    Sherdog.com: Did you see Lyoto rescuing the real Karate? Yoshizo: Yes, because the fight can’t only be about taking points from the opponent. For example, the guy can score 20 points in Judo, but if...
  46. DREAM 12: Manhoef Off, Sakuraba In
    Although the reason for the change is not yet known, Melvin Manhoef is now off DREAM 12 on 10/25. He was to have faced Zelg Galesic. FEG announced that the replacement is Kazushi Sakuraba, fighting...
  47. Brian Foster vs. Brock Larson added to "UFC 106: Lesnar vs. Carwin" in November
    A pair of welterweights seeking to bounce back from losses will meet in November as Brian Foster (12-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) vs. Brock Larson (26-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) has been added to "UFC 106: Lesnar vs....
  48. UFC newcomer Rodney Wallace meets Brian Stann at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale
    UFC newcomer Rodney Wallace (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will make his debut for the organization at December's The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale in a light-heavyweight contest with Brian Stann (7-2 MMA, 1-1...
  49. Bart Palaszewski set to return at WEC 45
    Bart Palaszewski (32-13 MMA, 1-2 WEC) will look to snap a two-fight WEC losing streak when he returns to the organization in December. AOL Fanhouse was the first to report Palaszewski's return at the...
  50. Dan Henderson's Camp Says No Deal With Strikeforce Is Imminent
    Dan Henderson is currently an MMA free agent considering all his options, but his camp says he is not close to signing a deal with Strikeforce or any other promotion after his negotiations with the...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555