MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. MFC 22 live tonight on HDNET : Jason Macdonald vs Travis Lutter
    Jason MacDonald (185.5) vs. Travis Lutter (185.5) Antonio McKee (156) vs. Carlo Prater (158) John Alessio (169.5) vs. Luigi Fioravanti (171) Mike Nickels (206) vs. David Heath (205) Marvin Eastman...
  2. Report: Nogueira Next For Lesnar-Carwin Winner
    The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin for the UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 106 will next/first defend against Antonio Rodrigo...
  3. Herb Dean Gives his Side of the Kimbo/Nelson Fight
    "MMAWeekly.com on Thursday spoke exclusively to referee Herb Dean, who oversaw the elimination fight between Roy Nelson and Kimbo Slice on the third episode of "The Ultimate Fighter: The...
  4. "Inside MMA" preview: Evans says fighting only way he and "Rampage" will settle differences
    "Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans may soon be fighting Thiago Silva, but his rivalry with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson isn't disappearing anytime soon. On tonight's episode of "Inside...
  5. Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva set for UFC 108 co-main event in January
    "With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson withdrawing from a December contest with Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) to pursue an acting role, "Sugar's" next move has been uncertain for several weeks. That...
  6. "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" event preview show debuts Oct. 19 on Spike TV
    "UFC's traditional event-preview show returns to Spike TV on Oct. 4 with a look at "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun." "UFC 104 Countdown," which focuses on UFC light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida...
  7. Nogueira vs. Gonzaga in December ?
    According to Luiz Aves, Nogueira’s Muay Thai coach, this fight can happen. “It’s not 100% yet, but Rodrigo might fight in December. When I was in the US, I heard some rumors that he could face Napão...
  8. ATT- Kimbo Back to School
    "A pack of wolves waited for Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson when he entered the flagship gym of American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Fla., on Thursday. Position to position, hour to hour, Thiago Alves,...
  9. MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba added to DREAM.11, Daisuke Nakamura rescheduled
    "MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba (24-12-1) was earlier today announced as a late addition to Tuesday's DREAM.11 event by the Japanese-based organization. An opponent for "The Gracie Hunter" has not yet...
  10. Forrest on run from cage : " truth is ......................
    “That’s dumb. [People who criticized me leaving the cage] are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next...
    Pages: 2
  11. Strikeforce Hires it's First Matchmaker
    "Rich Chou has been hired by Strikeforce to serve as the world championship mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's first-ever official matchmaker. Chou comes to Strikeforce with 10 years of experience...
  12. WEC general manager Reed Harris expects 2009 returns for Jamie Varner, Urijah Faber
    "While two of the WEC's top fighters have been shelved with injuries for several months, the organization's general manager, Reed Harris, said he expects both Urijah Faber and Jamie Varner to return...
  13. White Eyeing Fenway Next Summer
    Boston Herald Dana White isn’t one to take no for an answer. After UFC 101 in August, White said the UFC was targeting a show at Fenway Park [map] next summer. The possibility was downplayed by both...
  14. Shinya Aoki: "I think I am the better fighter and capable of beating' UFC lightweights"
    “I am not concerned about my opponent. It does not matter who I face — as long as I let my style shine and fully express myself in the ring, everything will be fine. Yes, I want a belt. Actually, let...
  15. Gleison Tibau: "I don't trust the judges anymore"
    Gleison Tibau (19-6) is under a strong pace of preparation for his upcoming fight versus Josh Neer at UFC 104, on October 24th. And Tibau believes the conditioning part of the training will make the...
  16. Small Time: Does the WEC Still Matter?
    "On Oct. 10, the Versus network will present the 43rd installment of World Extreme Cagefighting. The most recognizable name on the program is Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone, who will face Benson Henderson....
  17. Paul 'Semtex' Daley: 'Jealous Mike Swick will fade away after UFC 105 beatdown'
    “I won’t be fighting at UFC 105, but I will be there meeting the fans and sitting down with some popcorn to see Dan (Hardy) butcher (Mike) Swick. [He's] been bashing me for some reason, I don’t know...
  18. Vitor Belfort earns Karate blue belt
    Last Saturday, TATAME.com went to Kobukan gym, in Rio de Janeiro, to watch a historical moment in the martial arts history. In Master Tanaka’s academy, Vitor Belfort was graduated for the first time...
  19. After ADCC, Glover Teixeira focus on MMA
    Champion of Brazilian’s selective to ADCC, Glover Teixeira lost to Vinny Magalhaes and got the fourth place in the tournament. Besides coming back without medals, Glover is satisfied. “I liked my...
  20. Strikeforce's next "Arena series" show likely for San Jose in December
    While Strikeforce is now scheduled to host three shows in November, the California-based organization isn't quite finished booking events in 2009. Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports was the first to...
  21. Former WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber signs new multi-fight deal
    Former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber (22-3 MMA, 7-2 WEC) has ended all speculation regarding a potential move to a competing organization and has signed a new multi-year, multi-fight deal...
  22. UFC Disclosed Payout Analysis: 2006-2009
    Summarized below are the statistical averages tracking the number of fights, disclosed payouts, and disclosed bonus money for most UFC events since 2006. Please keep in mind that disclosed salaries...
  23. Chuck Liddell Sounds Like a Man Who Wants to Fight
    The last time I talked to Chuck Liddell, in August, he wasn't ready to say whether he would retire from the UFC. Two months later, he still isn't ready -- but I got the sense then, and I still get...
  24. 4 Prelim Fights Announced For WEC 44
    WEC today announced 4 prelim matches for its upcoming WEC 44 event in November, bringing the card to 6 total fights so far. 3 previously rumored fights were confirmed while a 4th one-Ricardo Lamas...
  25. Lee Murray Partner In Crime Gets 18 Years
    LINK LONDON (AFP) - A cage fighter who was involved in a 53-million-pound robbery at a security depot in Kent, was on Monday sentenced to 18 years behind bars. Last month, Paul Allen, 31, pleaded...
  26. Hellboy ready for Aoki, welcomes Alvarez fight
    MMAWEEKLY.COM: You're coming into this fight following a 14-month layoff, the longest of your career. How excited are you to finally have the opportunity to get in the ring and defend your...
  27. Joe Warren ready to go all out for the belt
    Joe Warren's professional mixed martial arts career is in its infancy with a record of 2-0, but his two wins are over former WEC champion Chase Beebe and Japanese superstar Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto....
  28. UFC Quick Quote: Lucio "Spartan" Linhares may surprise Rousimar Palhares on Dec. 5
    “Of course it was always a dream of mine to fight at UFC but I never thought it would become true. It’s the opportunity of my life now. Never is good to face off a Brazilian, especially a talented...
  29. MMA Quick Quote: Jake Shields is going to ''smash" Mayhem Miller on Nov. 7
    “I have nothing against Jason. I think he’s a tough fighter, but I’m gonna go out there and beat the crap of him on the 7th, ya know? Jason likes to talk and I’m gonna go out there and once we’re in...
  30. Report: Scott Smith re-ups with Strikeforce, eyes December bout with Radach or Shamrock
    Middleweight slugger Scott Smith (16-6) has signed a new six-fight deal with Strikeforce, and he could see action as soon as December. News of the new deal was first reported by AOL FanHouse, who...
  31. Wanderlei on his future: "I can't retire, I love to fight"
    Wanderlei Silva says he has no plans to retire from fighting in the near future, although he admits that the recent furore surrounding both Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic has...
  32. Nick Diaz Camp Responds to Hieron Assertions
    "As Strikeforce’s fall schedule takes shape, several of the promotion’s marquee fighters have grown antsy, and they’re pointing fingers at each other. Jay Hieron, a July addition to the welterweight...
  33. Mark Coleman Out of UFC 106
    According to Tito Ortiz' Twitter account. Coleman Out?!?!
  34. British Invasion
    "The dying embers of the Sex Pistols’ punk classic “God Save the Queen” fade to silence, and the lights are cut throughout the arena. Chris Leben stalks the darkened cage. The sporadic flicker of...
  35. Coleman's manager fires back at Ortiz
    Mark Coleman’s manager Mike DiSabato has responded furiously to Tito Ortiz calling his fighter a ‘sissy’. Ortiz used his Twitter account in the early hours of this morning to reveal that Coleman was...
  36. Overeem Faces TUF 1 Alum Hoger at Glory 11
    Alistair Overeem's international calendar just got more crowded. The 29-year-old Strikeforce heavyweight champion is expected to face original "Ultimate Fighter" alum Sam Hoger at Glory 11 on Oct. 17...
  37. Dan Hardy's mind games cannot penetrate the Swick mental armor
    “Hardy realized that he could not only talk his way into getting the fight, but he knew he could also ­affect Davis’ performance. There is no question ­Hardy did a real great job of that. But it does...
  38. Shogun Rua: Beating Lyoto Machida is a matter of time and space
    “The key to beat him is work the question of the space in the Octagon. Lyoto is very good on it, and besides that, I tried to take in account all the possibilities that may happen in the fight. I...
  39. Following recent win, John Alessio looking for more permanent home, possibly with UFC
    Following back-to-back losses to notables Paul Daley and Andre Galvao earlier this year, veteran fighter John Alessio needed a new game plan. Alessio, a veteran of organizations ranging from the UFC...
  40. War Machine Is Fed Up With Life in US
    WM wants to leave US basically because he can't beat anybody up in the streets and bars due to the cops and the consequences ... He's thinking about maybe Brazil , Philippines or Ireland. Also talks...
  41. Who’s Next For Tito Ortiz?
    With Mark Coleman out of his anticipated light heavyweight showdown with Tito Ortiz at UFC 106 due to a second-degree tear in his MCL knee ligament, the question now is quite simply: Who’s up next...
  42. UFC Coming To Arizona In 2010
    After recently regulating MMA to mirror Las Vegas rules in May of 2008, the UFC will finally be making it’s way to the beautiful Arizona desert sometime in 2010. UFC President Dana White confirmed...
  43. Coleman manager retracts "emotional" comments about Tito
    Mark Coleman’s manager has been in touch with Fighters Only again today to discuss the comments he made this morning regarding Tito Ortiz and his wife Jenna Jameson. Mike DiSabato first spoke to FO...
  44. Dream Results (Spoiler)
    "YOKOHAMA, Japan -- In front of an audience of 14,039 at the Yokohama Arena, Shinya Aoki played a conservative grappling game Tuesday until catching Joachim Hansen in the final seconds with an armbar...
  45. UFC 105 Couture vs Vera to Air Free on Spike TV
    "Legendary five-time UFC champion Randy “The Natural” Couture will headline a fight card on Spike TV for the first time on Saturday, Nov. 14 (8:00pm ET/PT same day tape) in the main event of UFC 105....
  46. Chase Beebe Speaks Out of Controversal Decision
    "Former World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight champion Chase Beebe spoke exclusively to MMAWeekly.com on Monday about his controversial decision loss to Mike Easton at Ultimate Warrior Challenge on...
  47. Spike TV officially announces UFC 105, Swick vs. Hardy co-headliner
    "Spike TV today officially announced it'll carry next month's "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" event, which takes place Nov. 14 at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England. Spike TV will air the event on a...
  48. Is CBS Going to Promote Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Bout?
    MMAConvert: See any Fedor commercials during CBS NFL games this past weekend? No. There are still four more Sundays between now and Fedor's November 7 fight with Brett Rogers on CBS, so maybe we'll...
  49. MMA coming to The Simpsons this Sunday
    It looks like mixed martial arts will be coming to The Simpsons for the first time this Sunday evening on Fox. The show is titled “The Great Wife Hope”, and it appears as though the legendary mom...
  50. Ryan Couture Maps Out Plans to Go Pro
    "Having one of the most famous surnames in mixed martial arts, there's been a lot of attention paid to Ryan Couture's amateur fighting career. Son of legendary UFC fighter Randy "The Natural"...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 [235] 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538