MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Mike Swick Says AKA Fighters Aren't Done Calling Out Matt Hughes
    While a concussion sustained in training cost him a chance to fight Martin Kampmann to determine the UFC’s top welterweight contender, Mike Swick didn’t have to wait long for another fight offer to...
  2. Dream’s Identity Crisis
    Behold, the hexagonal cage that will make its debut at Dream.12 on October 25. Sure, it seems to have geometrical peculiarities that the Octagon doesn’t have, such as the two sides of the fence that...
  3. Dan Hardy and Mike Swick On the Same Page
    “I like Mike, he’s a top bloke. We did a PR tour of Germany together earlier in the year and we got on very well. He’s a fun guy, good company and I really respect him for all the charity work he...
  4. Alvarez vs. Kikuno, Hironaka vs. Park official for DREAM.12 in October
    Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez (18-2) meets DEEP champ Katsunori Kikuno (12-1-1), while Cage Force lightweight title holder Kuniyoshi Hironaka (15-6) faces Korean...
  5. Santiago waits for an opponent
    Without fighting MMA since January, when he won his ninth victory in a roll, the Brazilian Jorge Santiago flew to Barcelona, Spain, to fight the ADCC, but he was eliminated on the first fight. “The...
  6. Liddell, St.Pierre, Evans Among Six Initial Figures Round 5 UFC Series
    Its landmark marketing partnership freshly in place, Round 5 is pleased to announce the members of the first series of collectible figurines under the UFC brand, a group of six accomplished fighters,...
  7. Herschel Walker challenges Dana White to fight, forgets to plug Strikeforce on ESPN2
    To the casual sports fan, Herschel Walker's appearance on today's edition of "ESPN First Take" was probably a bit confusing. On ESPN2's daily morning sports show, the 47-year-old NFL veteran...
  8. Dana White Delivers for NYC Fans, Talks 'TUF' Superfight and Respecting Kimbo
    Late Monday night, Dana White tweeted that he would be handing out free tickets to UFC 104 at a Pinkberry in midtown Manhattan. Several minutes before his expected arrival, I decided to check out the...
  9. DMX is fighting?
    I cant believe Alabama is letting this take place, Kyle Maynard was one thing but DMX, You gotta be kidding me...
  10. Former Chute Boxe Trainer Helping Prepare Rogers for Fedor
    Former Chute Boxe Academy striking trainer Sérgio Cunha has been enlisted to coach Brett Rogers in his Nov. 7 bid against the world’s No. 1 heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, at Strikeforce “Fedor vs....
  11. Tim Sylvia has surgery, plans new year's return
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia finally got back on track, defeating Jason Riley recently at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Council Bluffs, Iowa. But just as quickly, he was derailed. Bouncing back...
  12. Jay Hieron wants the Strikeforce belt - is Nick Diaz ready to step up?
    “I really, really want my next fight to be for a title. I’ve worked my butt off and I feel I really deserve a title shot. That’s why I signed with Strikeforce to get a title shot. I could have went...
  13. Huerta: 'Maybe God saved my arm'
    'It is well known that UFC lightweight Roger Huerta is strongly devoted to his Christian faith, but according to him the relationship goes both ways. Huerta was recently on the receiving end of a...
  14. Rickson not sure if Belfort is ready for Anderson title fight
    Rickson Gracie believes that Vitor Belfort is not ready to face Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title after having just one fight in the organisation since he returned to it. Belfort blitzed...
  15. Paulo Thiago not worrying about Alves fight
    Paulo Thiago says he is not concerned about facing Thiago Alves at UFC 107 later this year, despite the Brazilian representing his third consecutive weltweweight contender opponent since joining the...
  16. Semtex Daley wants Hughes: "I am like a ***** hitman"
    Fresh from his rapid KO win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 103, Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley has compared himself to a ***** hitman and says he will fight anybody the UFC puts in front of him. However, if it...
  17. Henderson "just wants what he deserves"
    Dan Henderson’s team expect that he will reach an accommodation with the UFC at some point - they just don’t know when. A Team Quest source told Fighters Only today that contract negotiations between...
  18. UFC Prospect Duffee Contemplating West Coast Move
    UFC heavyweight Todd Duffee is touring a number of MMA gyms in Las Vegas this week, as the 23-year-old was recently accepted into the University of Nevada-Las Vegas for its spring 2010 semester...
  19. Can Pat Barry defeat his old training buddy?
    UFC heavyweight Pat Barry learned the hard way that there’s no substitute for experience. “It was very apparent that (grappling) wasn’t second nature to me,” the UFC heavyweight tells MMAWeekly.com....
  20. Jesse Taylor plans Nov. 6 return on main card of "Strikeforce Challengers" event
    After a disappointing August debut for Strikeforce, former "The Ultimate Fighter 7" finalist Jesse Taylor (13-4) is apparently set for a return trip to the California-based promotion. Taylor today...
  21. Kimbo Slice Hints At December UFC Debut
    Oops? It appears that in a recent media call, Kimbo Slice revealed a little too much about his future plans. When Neil Davidson of The Canadian Press asked Kimbo if he would be fighting at UFC 107 on...
  22. Tachi Palace Fights adds Joe Soto vs. Mike Christensen at debut event on Oct. 8
    The soon-to-debut Tachi Palace Fights organization recently announced that undefeated Bellator featherweight champ Joe Soto (7-0) would appear on its first-ever card on Oct. 8 in Lemoore, Calif. Now...
  23. Baroni vs. Sadollah and Davis vs. Saunders relegated to UFC 106 prelims
    The UFC's November return to Las Vegas continues to take form, and the promotion today announced three preliminary card bouts for "UFC 106: Lesnar vs. Carwin." Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah, Marcus...
  24. Rashad Evans Discusses Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson: I Wanted Roy to KO Kimbo
    The Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson fight that will air Wednesday night on Spike TV was set up by former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans, Nelson's coach this season on The Ultimate Fighter....
  25. Cristiane Santos Probably Off 11/7 Strikeforce Event
    Cristiane Santos wants to defend her Strikeforce Women's Championship and SF wants it to happen on November 7 on CBS. Looks like it won't happen then. Santos' manager says she is likely off the show...
  26. Thales Leites Signs With MFC
    Former UFC Middleweight Thales Leites, cut after losing consecutive UFC decisions to Anderson Silva and Alessio Sakara, has signed with Canada's Maximum Fighting Championships (MFC). He is scheduled...
  27. "The Ultimate Fighter 11" open tryouts set for Oct. 26 in Los Angeles
    Middleweight and light-heavyweight fighters are invited to attend an open tryout for the upcoming 11th season of "The Ultimate Fighter" on Monday, Oct. 26. The tryouts for the UFC and Spike TV's...
  28. Undefeated 205-pounder Stanislav Nedkov targeted for return at Sengoku 11th Battle
    Stanislav Nedkov (7-0), an undefeated 205-pounder who's garnering some attention worldwide, will likely return to action on Nov. 7 at World Victory Road's Sengoku 11th Battle event. A source close to...
  29. David Loiseau to Try Out for 'TUF 11'
    When FanHouse spoke to David Loiseau recently about his MMA future, "The Crow" was still focused on continuing his career with the UFC despite getting cut by the organization in April. And according...
  30. Brett Rogers Wants Alistair Overeem To Defend The Strikeforce Belt-Or Surrender It
    Perhaps echoing the opinion of quite a few people, Brett Rogers said on Monday's edition of Pro MMA Radio that either Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem should defend the belt soon and...
  31. Brock Lesnar Was Fed Fights That Sell PPVs
    That's the latest salvo fired in the ongoing verbal war of words by Shane Carwin towards UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Carwin clearly disagrees with Lesnar saying Shane hand-picked his...
  32. MFC Champ Antonio McKee: 'I'm the Best Wrestler in MMA'
    Antonio McKee has been known to fight a methodical (safe) style due to small paydays, but now that there's more money involved, he plans on shedding his reputation of decisions at Friday's MFC 22...
  33. White says Jackson is fighting again "VIDEO"
    could it possibly be true!?!? sounds like to me it is. He also talks about Fedor and brock lesnar. LINKMIN
  34. Edgar Garcia vs. DaMarques Johnson in the works for UFC 107 in December
    Welterweights Edgar Garcia (7-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and DaMarques Johnson (9-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) have agreed to meet at UFC 107. FiveOuncesOfPain.com was the first to report the matchup, and MMAjunkie.com...
  35. Wanderlei: Anderson Would ‘Destroy’ Belfort
    "Wanderlei Silva has fought Vitor Belfort and trained with Anderson Silva. Should Anderson and Belfort meet in the next UFC middleweight title fight, Wanderlei has no doubt about the result. “I...
  36. Machida punches piece of wood "500 times a day"
    UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida debuted for the UFC in 2007 and has not lost a single round since then. The Karate master says the punch is the hardest weapon of his arsenal - he trains...
  37. Kimbo after Wednesday's Fight (Spoiler)
    "He’s had his first test on The Ultimate Fighter, so is Kimbo Slice now a mixed martial artist? The short and sweet of it is no. On Wednesday night’s episode of The Ultimate Fighter, Kimbo (Kevin...
  38. Mark Coleman: "A win here could put me in line for the title"
    UFC Hall of Fame inductee Mark 'The Hammer' Coleman spoke exclusivley to CageReport as he gets ready for his scheduled bout against former UFC champion Tito Ortiz at UFC 106. Despite being 10 years...
  39. Kimbo Slice Likely To Appear On TUF 10 Finale
    Although a brief exchange led many to believe Kimbo Slice would start his post-TUF career at UFC 107, it's now more likely he will actually fight at the TUF 10 Finale the week before. What hasn't...
  40. Bobby Lashley in Talks With Strikeforce
    Bobby Lashley, the former WWE champion turned MMA fighter, is currently in talks with Strikeforce to compete for the San Jose-based organization, FanHouse has learned. The MMA rookie hasn't fought...
  41. Former WEC champion Carlos Condit returns to New Mexico, training at Jackson's MMA
    Still fresh off of his split-decision victory over Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 19, Carlos Condit recently confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he has made the move back to...
  42. Roy Nelson : " Kimbo's the only one that I know that had an entourage there; he actually had his family there, his management, while the rest of us kind of had to suffer. "
    My plan was, I was going to stand with him as long as I could. Because I wasn't really going to shoot on him, just because that's what he was expecting. And then if he came in flurrying, I was just...
    Pages: 2
  43. Dan Henderson on contract negotiation: “It didn’t go quite as I hoped. Let’s put it that way,”
    “It didn’t go quite as I hoped. Let’s put it that way,” Henderson told Sherdog.com Wednesday. “It could have been a lot better. Obviously I feel my value has gone up enough to warrant what I’ve asked...
    Pages: 2
  44. Nelson: ‘I Hit My Home Run’
    "Former International Fight League heavyweight champion Roy Nelson “called his shot” when he ousted Internet street-fighting legend Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson on the latest episode of “The Ultimate...
  45. Kimbo vs Nelson Training Bonanza
    Though the fight between Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson and former International Fight League champion Roy Nelson may have received criticism for the hype coming in compared to the product going out,...
  46. Roy Nelson says he's just fine being the official suck-meter of the UFC
    "Former IFL heavyweight champion and current "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast member Roy Nelson has never been one to hide his true feelings. And one day after his win over Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson...
  47. Nelson-Slice Nabs 6.1 Million Viewers
    "A record-setting 6.1 million viewers tuned in to watch Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson enter the Octagon with Roy Nelson, who earned a second-round technical knockout over the Internet backyard brawler...
  48. Keith Kizer: Herb Dean Refereed Kimbo Slice-Roy Nelson Perfectly
    A day after the Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson fight aired on The Ultimate Fighter, the victorious Nelson lashed out at referee Herb Dean, referring to Dean as "a retard" for failing to stop the fight...
  49. WEC Veterans Yoshiro Maeda and Chase Beebe Clash at DREAM.12
    The latest addition to DREAM's "white cage" show was announced today during a press conference at DEEP Official Gym in Tokyo, and it features two fighters well acquainted with DREAM's new fighting...
  50. WEC "Definitely" Doing PPV In 2010
    While WEC executives wait for a resolution that will get Versus and thus WEC back on DirecTV, WEC GM Reed Harris also revealed that the promotion will "definitely" go to the PPV model in 2010. No...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538