MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. State Investigating CSAC; Chairman Resigns
    "Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), president pro tempore of California’s state Senate, announced Thursday that he would not allow confirmation votes for California State Athletic Commission members...
  2. Escydero Happy to Show Hands in UFC Win
    "There is always a huge amount of pressure on anyone who has won “The Ultimate Fighter" reality show, but when Efrain Escudero stepped into the Octagon at UFC 103 last Saturday night he had a whole...
  3. Surprise leads Vera to opportunity
    Last Saturday night, light heavyweight Brandon Vera got an unexpected call. His management asked him if he was training. He said yes. His management asked him to train harder—he was going to be...
  4. Thiago Alves: Beware of the new 'Pitbull" on Dec. 5
    “You’re gonna see a different Pitbull. You didn’t see my wrestling and my ground game, because I didn’t have an opportunity to use it, and I feel that my career started after this last fight… I grew...
  5. UFC Quick Quote: Vitor Belfort is coming for Anderson Silva
    “Vitor is a different person now. He really is. He’s not that spoiled kid that we saw back in the day when he was building his career and got ahead of himself. His head is in the game, he’s very...
  6. Versus Denies Report It Engaged in Preliminary Talks With Bellator
    Yesterday in an article about the WEC, I linked to a report by Jonathan Snowden at Heavy.com. In that report, Snowden claimed the following: The Versus network, home to the WEC, was so worried that...
  7. Buentello’s UFC Deal Official, Agrees to Face Duffee at UFC 107
    Long-rumored to be returning to the UFC, heavyweight Paul Buentello informed Sherdog.com Friday that the deal is now official. “The Head Hunter” signed a three-fight extension to the one-fight...
  8. Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort Planned for UFC 108
    Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White told The Times his organization has struck verbal deals for Anderson Silva to defend his middleweight championship against Vitor Belfort on Jan. 2...
  9. Bellator Champ Lombard to face Kalib Starnes
    Bellator Fighting Championships has cleared middleweight champion Hector Lombard for a return to action in his home country when he faces UFC veteran Kalib Starnes at Cage Fighting Championship Oct....
  10. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson provides answers to his fans
    “I’m addressing the fans only here, I think I owe them an explanation. Yeah I feel the things I said (in my blog) are true and yeah, I don’t like Rashad Evans because of the type of person he is. He...
  11. Kennedy Bombs Cummings at ‘Challengers’
    "Tim Kennedy walked right through Zak Cummings and his undefeated record in the Strikeforce “Challengers Series 3” main event on Friday at the SpiritBank Event Center in Tulsa, Okla. A United States...
  12. Interview with Roger Huerta
    "Lightweight Roger Huerta is in Austin, Tex., spending time with his family and healing up from his fight with Gray Maynard at UFC Fight Night 19. MMAWeekly caught up with him recently to discuss his...
  13. Hoping to build off recent win, Houston Alexander expects December return to UFC
    Back in the win column with his first win in two years, Houston Alexander is ready to return to MMA's biggest stage. Alexander used an impressive Muay Thai display to cut down Sherman Pendergarst at...
  14. Alistair Overeem Defeats Peter Aerts at K-1 World GP 2009
    Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem continued to look impressive during his recent expedition into the Olympics of kickboxing as he edged out 3X K-1 World Grand Prix champion Peter...
  15. Wanderlei Silva returns in February
    Brazilian legend Wanderlei Silva expects to return to the Octagon in February 2010, he told Fighters Only earlier today. “I think my next fight will be February next year,” he said. “Maybe later, but...
  16. Greg Jackson: Rashad wants Machida rematch as soon as possible
    Rashad Evans will be fully prepared if ends up facing Lyoto Machida in the Octagon again, says his trainer Greg Jackson. Evans lost the UFC light-heavyweight belt to Machida in May this year and was...
  17. UFC Quick Quote: What is Randy Couture going to do with Brandon Vera?
    “My whole thing is, I kick people in the face, I knee people in the face, I can submit people. Now, if I can go to the southpaw stance, and I’m knocking people out from the southpaw stance, people...
  18. ADCC 2009 Day 1 Results
    The Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) Submission Wrestling World Championship, the most-prestigious grappling tournament in the world, is taking place this weekend in Barcelona, Spain and a handful of MMA...
  19. Roy Nelson Talks About Kimbo Bout
    "Roy Nelson and Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson are the two biggest names on The Ultimate Fighter 10, and on the next episode the two square off in an elimination bout. While several contestants were...
  20. Gamburan Ready for Garcia; Eyeing Title Shot
    "Manny Gamburyan had success as a lightweight fighter, making it to the finals of The Ultimate Fighter 5, but dropping to the featherweight division and jumping for the Ultimate Fighting Championship...
  21. K-1 exploring India as potential breeding ground for next generation fighters
    At age 21, Singh “Heart” Jaideep became the youngest fighter to qualify for the K-1 World Grand Prix (WGP). He unfortunately did not endear himself to the fans with the lackluster, five-round...
  22. Little Nog working with champion boxers preparing for UFC debut
    Rogerio Nogueira - or Little Nog as he is known - believes that boxing will be the key to success when he makes his UFC debut against Luiz Cane later this month. Nogueira, the twin brother of the UFC...
  23. Fabricio Werdum Crowned as ADCC 2009 Champion
    Eight champions have been crowned in Barcelona, Spain as part of the latest edition of the Abu Dhabi Combat Club. ADCC is a submission tournament held every two years from various platforms ranging...
  24. M-1 Standout Lucio Linhares Signs With UFC, Faces Rousimar Palhares in December
    InTheGuard.TV is reporting that UFC middleweight Rousimar "Toquinho" Palhares has drawn a new opponent for the TUF 10 Finale in December. Toquinho was originally slated to take on Alessio Sakara, but...
  25. Forrest Griffin Interview
    Forrest Griffiin finally speaks to the media. Check it out. Forrest Griffin Interview
  26. TUF 10 Finale: Alessio Sakara Out, Lucio Linhares In
    Alessio Sakara is now off the TUF 10 Finale due to an injury, and that will open the door for M-1 Global standout Lucio Linhares to step in and make his UFC debut. He'll face Sakara's original...
  27. Kimbo Slice: Performance, Not Ratings, Determines UFC Future
    UFC President Dana White assures fans that Spike TV ratings monger Kimbo Slice will have to prove that he can compete inside the Octagon if he wants to remain on the company payroll. Dana says Kimbo...
  28. 'Rampage' Leaves Evans in Limbo
    "When rumors of Quinton Jackson’s withdrawal from their highly hyped Dec. 12 bout reached Rashad Evans, he hoped against hope the news was nothing but Internet banter. It was not. Evans and the rest...
  29. WEC to Hold More Frequent Events (Once a Month)
    "World Extreme Cagefighting began it's organization on June 30, 2001 in Leemore, Calif. and held it's first 24 events there before being purchased by Ultimate Fighting Championship parent company...
  30. Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy To Determine #1 Contender For GSP
    On Sunday Mike Swick announced his next opponent won't be Matt Hughes or Georges St. Pierre. It's Dan Hardy. No specific date is set for the matchup but it could happen at UFC 105 in England on...
  31. Shane Carwin Is A Tough Wrestler With A 1-0 Record
    According to Brock Lesnar he is. In recent comments made to The Las Vegas Sun, Lesnar is not impressed with Carwin being a NCAA Division 2 wrestling champion and thinks he's only 1-0 because he...
  32. Thiago Silva wants Rashad: “I’m ready”
    The knock out over Keith Jardine on UFC 102 made Thiago Silva satisfied, but he wants more. With one more victory by knock out on his record, the American Top Team product doesn’t think about resting...
  33. Xande Ribeiro on the ADCC 2009 marathon
    Two times ADCC champion on the 99kg category, ‘Xande’ Ribeiro was looking for his first title on the absolute, but an injury on the final against Bráulio Estima postponed the black belt’s dream. “I...
  34. Strikeforce welterweight prospect Tyron Woodley joins famed American Top Team
    Following his impressive performance at Friday's "Stikeforce Challengers" event, fast-rising welterweight prospect Tyron Woodley has joined the famed American Top Team, ATT officials today announced....
  35. Gegard Mousasi Blog: “My next fight will be in November”
    After my win on Babulu, I’ve noticed that I have gotten more American fans. A lot of people didn’t know me but winning against the favorite in Babulu gave me extra attention. There were some people...
  36. Alistair Overeem,Fabricio Werdum Won't Add Interest With Weekend Performances
    The past weekend's array of combative sports' action offered many fans a look into two of MMA's most influential pieces to a fighter's skill-set. Not only were fans treated to seeing some of the most...
  37. TUF 10 Finale: Jon Jones ready to take Matt Hamill down on Dec. 5
    “[Matt Hamill's] going to be a big step up in competition for me and a really good test for me and I’m stoked about it. I think his wrestling will play a factor in the fight. I usually fight guys who...
  38. Roger Gracie hints at possible November 20 Strikeforce card
    While there is no news currently available that a Strikeforce event may be in the works for November 20, recently signed heavyweight Roger Gracie may have let the cat out of the bag. In a recent...
  39. Eliot Marshall continues improvement
    Eliot Marshall improved his overall professional mixed martial arts record to 8-1, including 3-0 in the UFC, with his win over Jason Brilz at UFC 103. Marshall was critical of his performance, but...
  40. Razor Rob gets fish hooked
    What happens when you let MMA fighters loose on the high seas for a bachelor party/shark fishing trip? You guessed it, Team Punishment ended up catching a Razor Rob, a rare creature of the sea known...
  41. Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout In The Works For UFC 108
    Joe Lauzon's UFC return from major knee surgery apparently will come much sooner than expected. Originally expected to be out until at least Spring 2010, he's now on track to return at UFC 108 on...
  42. The Best Offense Is A Sexy Defense
    And that is why Yoshihiro Akiyama is headed in Vegas for October to train at Xtreme Couture. Akiyama will devote an entire month to training with Shawn Tompkins and Vitor Belfort to refine his...
  43. WEC 43: Mackens Semerzier To Replace Injured Erik Koch vs. Fabiano
    An injury in training has forced Erik Koch to withdraw from his featherweight battle against Wagnney Fabiano at the upcoming WEC 43: “Cerrone vs. Henderson” from the The AT&T Center in San Antonio,...
  44. Payment Due: Kimbo's Time has Come
    '“I’m not a mixed martial artist, I’m a fighter. I’m gonna fight him, win or lose.” Such were the words of Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson when his fight against Roy Nelson was announced for this week’s...
  45. The Learning Curve
    "The author of “The Tipping Point,” self-help guru Malcolm Gladwell, stirred up lots of press last year when he proclaimed that anyone who wants to get good at anything needs to put at least 10,000...
  46. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight
    "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast member and MMA notable Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson is a guest on tonight's edition of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on NBC. The shows airs at 12:35 p.m. ET, and...
  47. Kimbo Slice denies he declined rematch with Petruzelli, discusses "TUF" fight with Nelson
    For anyone expecting an explosive and over-the-top Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson on today's media call to promote this week's new episode of "The Ultimate Fighter 10," the fighter and cast member...
  48. Sotiropoulos vs. Dent at UFC 106
    Lightweight "Ultimate Fighter" alums George Sotiropoulos and Jason Dent will meet on the undercard of UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas. MMAWeekly.com confirmed the fight as signed, sealed, and...
  49. UFC 105 Card Finalized, Johnson vs. Sobotta Off
    UFC today revealed the official final card for UFC 105, and it's down to 10 fights. Damarques Johnson vs. Peter Sobotta is now off, apparently due to Sobotta having military commitments. Johnson is...
  50. With or Without UFC, Roger Huerta Ready for Next Chapter of Life
    As Maynard applied more torque to the hold and rotated Huerta's shoulder behind him at a disturbing angle, referee Dan Miragliotta stood watch, ready for a tapout that seemed immiment. After bending...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566