MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Ready or Not, Here Comes Todd Duffee
    All signs point to Todd Duffee facing Paul Buentello at UFC 107 in December. MMA Junkie first reported the bout over the weekend, and FanHouse has learned that it is close to being finalized....
  2. Matt Hughes Has No Interest In Fighting A "Kid" Like Josh Koscheck
    In comments made recently on his official blog, Matt Hughes is rather puzzled over Josh Koscheck wanting to fight him after his UFC 103 win over Frank Trigg. Hughes says he has no interest in...
    Pages: 2
  3. Mirko Cro Cop Retires
    It's over. After 15 years in MMA, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic has officially retired today. His manager was instructed to release all Team Cro Cop members from their duties. Mirko simply said "I have...
  4. Keith Kizer say protocol, not "Black List," reason for ref John Mcarthy's NSAC status
    "Veteran referee "Big" John McCarthy hasn't refereed a mixed martial arts contest in Nevada in nearly two years. And as Sherdog.com first reported on Tuesday, a recently denied McCarthy application...
  5. Rashad Evans will fight Rampage Jackson for free
    “Rampage is a very emotional fighter, a very emotional person, and he just let his emotions take over his rational thinking. I think that him and Dana White just probably need to talk it out, and get...
  6. Broken Hand Stalls Sylvia’s Dream Debut
    A broken hand will prevent Tim Sylvia from making an Oct. 25 debut with the Dream promotion in Japan, said the fighter’s manager Monte Cox. Cox said the 6-foot-8 Sylvia broke his right hand about a...
  7. Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva Likely for UFC 108
    Left without an opponent for his next fight when Rampage Jackson walked away from the UFC, Rashad Evans said Wednesday that he expects to fight Thiago Silva next, likely some time in December or...
  8. Female Couture-Vera Bout Agreed for Strikeforce
    Kim Couture and Kerry Vera have verbally agreed to meet in a 135-pound women’s bout for Strikeforce, sources from both fighter’s camps have confirmed. Bout agreements are expected to be signed...
  9. "Strikeforce: Emelianenko vs. Rogers" official for Nov. 7 at Sears Centre near Chicago
    The Nov. 7 "Strikeforce: Emelianenko vs. Rogers" event is official for the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill., a suburb to the northwest of Chicago. Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today...
  10. Alistair Overeem: This Year is for K-1, I Hope to Fight Fedor Next Year
    Speaking with reporters in Japan prior to his K-1 kickboxing fight on Saturday, Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem said that he expects to defend his title against Fedor Emelianenko...
  11. Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson Will Be Huge for 'The Ultimate Fighter'
    UFC fans will finally see Kimbo Slice inside the Octagon on the September 30 edition of The Ultimate Fighter, and when Spike shows Kimbo taking on former International Fight League heavyweight...
  12. Wanderlei Silva to Film Reality TV Show
    A reality show competition is currently in the works that will feature Wanderlei Silva scouting aspiring fighters for his Wand Fight Team, and FanHouse has confirmed that the show will be broadcasted...
  13. Kenny Florian and Marc Dellagrotte go their separate ways.
    With all the excitement over the past few days of fights, news of Kenny Florian leaving Sityodtong Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts, sort of flew under the radar. Long time trainer Marc Dellagrotte...
  14. Sneak Peek at Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson
    Sneak Peek at Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson Follow the link to see a sneak peek at next week's Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson TUF 10 super fight!
  15. Dana White Rips Strikeforce, Showtime for Signing Herschel Walker
    UFC President Dana White says he's outraged that Strikeforce has signed former football star Herschel Walker to make his MMA debut at age 47, and he ripped Strikeforce's TV partner, Showtime, for...
  16. Kenny Florian Talks Broadcasting Career, Changing Training Camps, Clay Guida
    Kenny Florian has been hanging out recently with the Tapout crew on their nationwide tour, but next week he will head to Montreal, QC, to train at the Tristar Gym for his UFC 107 fight against Clay...
  17. Boxer Toney on MMA
    "I’ll explore the joys found in a site named BallerStatus.com later: at the moment, my attention is on their interview with boxer James Toney, an accomplished heavyweight preparing to make a...
  18. Paul Daley: ‘The legend is true’
    It took Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley just 151 seconds of his UFC debut to turn style into substance, hype into reality, a game plan into a knockout and Martin Kampmann, as well as millions of fans, from...
  19. Kenny Florian looking to make a statement against Clay Guida on Dec.12
    “I think a lot of people like watching Clay fight because he’s always going to be in your face, he’s always right there. He’s one of those guys who’s not the most technical fighter in the world, but...
  20. Floyd Mayweather beats Dana White & UFC!
    a very good article on the head to head PPV of UFC 103 and Mayweather/Marquez..he's not bashing mma of anything like that..just a good read that I thought I would share with ya'll..I like what he...
  21. Jacaré talks ADCC ’09 and Strikeforce debut
    “I’m excited, I’m training a lot MMA and you can expect a show from me. I’ll make my job and I’ll take the belt from whoever has it. I’ll do my job, taking fight by fight, and when they put me to...
  22. Rafael Dos Anjos and the first UFC victory
    Rafael dos Anjos had reasons to celebrate on UFC 103. Winning for the first time in the UFC octagon, Rafael went back to Brazil with the job done, and spoke with TATAME.com about the unanimous...
  23. Chute Boxe leader talks Machida vs. Shogun
    “That’s a tough fight, really tough, and I think that, when we talk about team partners, Lyoto is more consistent, but Shogun is a brave guy and can overcome. We have to wait, I think is 50% for...
  24. Out of ADCC 2009, Kyra comments her injury
    Kyra explained her injury. “I had this problem at the Worlds. I made a lot of physiotherapy, but this week I trained hard and felt again. The pain was so strong that there wasn’t even a position to...
  25. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Wants Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir Next
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira says he's ready to fight anytime, and hopes to fight for the title or avenge his most recent loss if he has his way. "I want Brock Lesnar for sure," said Nogueira, who...
  26. Did Dos Santos take away Cro Cop's appetite?
    Heavyweight prospect Junior Dos Santos spoke with MMAWeekly.com after his career-making victory against Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 103. The soft-spoken 25-year-old insisted he wasn’t trying to...
  27. Smith wants shot at Shamrock
    Former EliteXC middleweight title challenger and UFC veteran Scott Smith plans to fight again soon, and he wants a crack at one of the Strikeforce promotion’s biggest names. With the ink barely dry...
  28. "Punk" breaks leg again, targets Dec. 19 rematch
    Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh “The Punk” Thomson has been quite unlucky this year. Two weeks after a fractured leg forced the California State Athletic Commission to remove him from a highly...
  29. Rampage Jackson Authors New Post: "I'll Be Damned If Anybody Disrespects Me"
    The reason why I'm talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more & rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my...
  30. Texas product Will Campuzano replaces injured Akitoshi Tamura at WEC 43
    One man's misfortune is another man's gain; look to WEC newcomer Will Campuzano as proof. Campuzano (6-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC), a Dallas-based bantamweight, makes his WEC debut as a replacement for injured...
  31. Strikeforce inks lightweight Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro to multi-fight deal
    Strikeforce today added some depth to its lightweight division with the signing of Brazilian jiu-jitsu prodigy and MMA standout Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro (20-3). Ribeiro, now based in New York City,...
  32. Mike Swick chomps at the bit to get back in the welterweight mix
    Top UFC welterweight contender Mike “Quick” Swick recently attended UFC 103: “Franklin vs. Belfort,” a card he was originally supposed to compete on opposite Martin Kampmann in a number one contender...
  33. When Stardom Surpasses Value: The Tale of Miguel Torres and Urijah Faber
    Miguel Torres and Urijah Faber are big names in the world of MMA. They may not be champions anymore, but they were on top of the world for a long time, and now that they've been knocked off they...
  34. Sefo says he's ready for MMA
    Four years removed from his first try at mixed martial arts, Ray Sefo is ready to step back into the cage. On Friday, the K-1 standout faces UFC veteran Kevin Jordan at the third installment of...
  35. 'TUF 10' ratings drop 29%
    The second week of “The Ultimate Fighter 10” saw its ratings drop by 29 percent from its record-shattering debut last Thursday of 4.1 million viewers (2.9 household rating) on Spike TV. However, the...
  36. Sengoku 10 Quoteworthy: A Black Belt in Intensity, Devoured Macadamia Nuts & Silva Wants Barnett
    “You could consider me an employee of Sengoku. So Sengoku hires me to fight in their ring, and it’s up to them who they choose whoever I will fight. I'm going to rest a bit and then get back to...
  37. Frank Mir, Miguel Torres training at Sityodtong
    Mark Dellagrotte’s MMA and Muay Thai school Sityodtong has picked up two big names in recent weeks, Fighters Only has learned. Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir and former WEC bantamweight...
  38. Cro Cop backtracks on retirement talk
    Just hours after telling fans he was done fighting, Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic appears to have done an about face and cancelled his retirement. “Often things can get on top of you but I cannot say that...
  39. 'Big' John McCarthy "not surprised" at not getting NSAC license
    Veteran referee ‘Big’ John McCarthy has revealed that he is not surprised that the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) has not yet awarded him a licence to officiate in Nevada. McCarthy applied...
  40. Bigfoot Silva in talks with the UFC
    Brazilian heavyweight Antonio ‘Big Foot’ Silva (12-1) says he has received an offer of a contract from the UFC. “I have a proposal from UFC but I have got to fight on Sep 23rd and there will be...
  41. TUF 11 tryouts set for Oct. 26 from Los Angeles; Likely to include WW and MW divisions
    Tryouts for the The Ultimate Fighter Season 11 will be taking place from Los Angeles, California on October 26. FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently confirmed the news through sources close to the...
  42. Is Condit Back on Track with a UFC Win?
    "Former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit has now officially nabbed his first win inside the Octagon. One of the prizes of the WEC, there was a lot of hype upon Condit’s original foray into the...
  43. History and the Checkered Hero
    "In the wake of his loss to Junior dos Santos, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic told the world that the places in his mind once filled with a focus on kicking opponents in the head had been replaced by...
  44. Trigg Dropped, Readded Over EA Video Game Involvement?
    "The real reason Frank Trigg was dropped from his UFC contract and then quickly undropped? Dana White was furious when he found out Trigg was a part of the upcoming EA Sports MMA video game. White...
  45. Lisa Marie Varon, Former WWE Diva, Ready to Become 'Next Brock Lesnar'
    Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley have already proven that pro wrestlers, or at least a select few, can hang in mixed martial arts. Now Lisa Marie Varon, known as "Victoria" during her nine-year run in...
  46. Weekend Primer: K-1's World Grand Prix 2009 Final 16
    The K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 Final 16 will take place on September 26th at 3:30 AM EST live on HDNet from Seoul Olympic Park in Seoul, Korea. If you haven't been a fan of K-1 in the past because...
  47. Melvin Manhoef: F**k the Game Plan
    With four words in the above video, Melvin Manhoef explains why he's such a popular K-1 and MMA fighter -- and why he's also a fairly limited fighter who wins plenty of fights by exciting knockout...
  48. New A-Team remake is in full flight as B.A. takes to the skies
    confirmed that Rampage is playing the role of B.A. Baracus..there where rumors going around saying that he was playing the role and than there where rumors saying he wasn't anymore..but here it...
  49. Strikeforce and American Forces Network reach deal
    Strikeforce and Showtime Sports on Thursday announced a deal that will put MMA events on the American Forces Network. The deal, which provides live event broadcasts, kicks off with the broadcast of...
  50. Yuji Hoshino vs. Marlon Sandro added to Segoku 11th Battle
    Hishino, a DEEP and Pancrase veteran, fights for the first time for World Victory Road. The 34-year-old brings an 11-fight unbeaten streak into the bout a run that includes eight wins and three...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550