MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. WEC 44 Now Targeted For November 18
    Although the event had long been rumored to be held on November 11, it now appears WEC 44 will be held on November 18. WEC recently requested the date from the NSAC, and although not yet approved the...
  2. Frank Gomez vs. Seth Dikun Set For WEC 44
    Although the event has not yet been announced, Frank Gomez vs. Seth Dikun is set for WEC 44 on November 18 according to a source close to one of the fighters. Both are coming off wins in their prior...
  3. Antonio Minotoro Nogueira vs Luis Cane at UFC106
    It appears that Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, the brother of former Pride and UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, will make his Octagon debut at UFC 106 against Luis Cane. A report by Loretta Hunt of...
  4. Edgar vs Pellegrino Agreed To For TUF10 Finale
    A rumored bout between Frankie Edgar and Kurt Pellegrino has been agreed to for the Dec. 5 Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Finale. The bout was first reported by ESPN’s Jon Anik. MMAWeekly.com sources...
  5. Floyd Mayweather - "MMA is nothing more than a sideshow act"
    Floyd Mayweather will be going head to head against the Ultimate Fighting Championships (UFC) with his scheduled bout against Mexican boxing sensation Juan Manuel Marquez on September the 19th....
  6. "UFC Fight Night 19" Official weigh in results
    "UFC Fight Night 19" official weigh in results Check out who did, and who didn't, make weight.
  7. Anderson Silva Is 200% Healthy; Still Wants Frank Mir
    "I don’t know anything at all about any elbow injury," he said, adding with a laugh, "I wonder who hurt me?" "I’m 200 percent healthy and there’s no injury. UFC can set the next fight whenever they...
  8. UFC Quick Quote: Ring rust not a factor for Roger Huerta
    “I had an amazing camp. I isolated myself from the world from TV, Internet, you name it. I’m back up to Minnesota training with my mentor Dave Menne. He just brought in phenomenal athletes to help me...
  9. IS THIS THE BEST NATE QUARRY WE'VE EVER SEEN?
    One of the original Ultimate Fighters, Nate Quarry is continuing on the comeback trail. Since a loss to Rich Franklin for the UFC middleweight title in 2005, Quarry was stranded outside of the...
  10. WEC announces Mike Brown vs Jose Aldo
    World Extreme Cagefighting® featherweight champion Mike Brown has built a reputation as a hard-hitting, gritty fighter capable of breaking down his opponents. Similarly, top-ranked contender Jose...
  11. The case for UFC salary reform
    It’s time for the UFC to restructure the Pay Per View percentage contracts for main event fighters. They began as a good faith way to reward fighters when the company does well, but these deals are...
  12. Dana White: "I'm so mad at Rampage I don't want to talk to him"
    Dana White: "I'm so mad at Rampage I don't want to talk to him" Check out the link below to hear Dana White rip apart Rampage Jackson's decision to bow out of UFC 107, talk about network TV, and...
  13. 5X Worlds Strongest Man, Mariusz Pudzianowski, set for MMA debut
    The man that can currently lay claim to being the strongest man on the face of the planet is set to bring some serious pain to the world of mixed martial arts in the near future. link
  14. UFC Officials Confirm Nogueira Signing
    Although it was assumed to have been done or close to done when rumors about his fighting at UFC 106 first broke, UFC has now confirmed that Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is officially signed. Terms were...
  15. Dana "Guarantees" UFC On Network TV Within 1 Year
    Guaranteed. That's what Dana White said on a Las Vegas radio show Tuesday. "I guarantee you by Sept. 15 of next year, we will be on network television," he said. "I'll put on probably one (event) a...
  16. Selling Kimbo Slice
    "In an editing bay tucked away somewhere in Las Vegas, Kimbo Slice’s future has been decided. Slice, who’s real name is Kevin Ferguson, was one of 16 heavyweights selected to compete on Season 10 of...
  17. Boxing, MMA Battle for Fight Fans' attention
    Saturday at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will exchange punches with Juan Manuel Marquez. On the same evening at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Rich Franklin will...
  18. Phillipe Nover suffers backstage seizure, late scratch from UFC Fight Night 19 prelims
    "A lightweight bout between Phillipe Nover (5-2-1 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and Sam Stout (14-5-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC) has been scratched from tonight's UFC Fight Night 19 preliminary card. UFC president Dana White...
  19. 3x NCAA Champing Makes MMA Debut Friday
    "It would be ideal for 26 year-old Todd Meneely if the wrestling mats at his school were surrounded by a fence. But it’s one or the other: cage or the mat. And for now, the cage is winning out. When...
  20. Is the "Silver Back" Octogon Bound?
    'Seth "The Silverback" Petruzelli may soon get a chance at UFC redemption. More than two years after being released by the promotion with an unsuccessful run in "The Ultimate Fighter" and two Octagon...
  21. The Fighters.com Interview Tim Sylvia Walked Away From
    "Former UFC heavyweight champion “Maine-iac” Tim Sylvia (24-6) agreed to an interview with Fighters.com before his fight versus Jason Riley (6-1) at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Omaha Friday…until he peeped...
  22. UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard" Draws 7,500 spectators for $650K gate
    OKLAHOMA CITY – The UFC's first visit to Oklahoma in nearly 15 years drew an announced crowd of 7,500 spectators to Cox Convention Center for a reported $650,000 live gate. UFC officials announced...
  23. UFC FN 19 Bonuses
    "OKLAHOMA CITY – Nate Diaz, Jeremy Stephens, Nate Quarry and Tim Credeur all won $30,000 fight-night bonuses at UFC Fight Night 19. Diaz earned a Submission of the Night bonus, Stephens earned the...
  24. Battered, Bruised Nate Quarry Says "Fight of the Night" Went According to Plan
    "OKLAHOMA CITY – Prior to Wednesday's "UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard" bout, many MMA observers felt Tim Credeur was simply the "next jiu-jitsu guy" on Nate Quarry's schedule. Despite...
  25. Andrei Arlovski Confronts His Childhood on MTV
    LINK I can't wait to see this one
  26. After UFC Fight Night 19 win, Nate Diaz eyes fights with top-three talent
    OKLAHOMA CITY – UFC lightweight Nate Diaz entered the main event of Wednesday's "UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard" event surrounded by question marks. Five minutes into the affair, Diaz had done...
  27. Carlos Condit happy with UFN 19 win, though former WEC champ sees room to improve
    OKLAHOMA CITY – Former WEC welterweight champ Carlos Condit (23-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) appeared nearly unstoppable during his five-fight WEC run. But after fighting at Wednesday night's "UFC Fight Night 19:...
  28. FRANK TRIGG: "I'm in the game to get titles."
    As the 37-year-old Frank Trigg approaches his UFC return on Saturday against Josh Koscheck, the two-time UFC title challenger could very well be looking at the start of his final run fighting at the...
  29. UFC Requests 103 Drug Testing
    Although Texas does not require drug testing for combat sports such as MMA, UFC has requested that random drug testing be conducted this weekend at UFC 103. There was no drug testing at UFC's last...
  30. Fedor Emelianenko Says A Fight Between Him & Brock Lesnar Will Definitely Take Place
    Fedor Emelianenko is getting set to make his Strikeforce debut in the next month or so, and faces a formidable opponent in the undefeated Brett Rogers. Rogers has racked up wins over the likes of Jon...
  31. Phillipe Nover Will Find Out What's Wrong And Come Back To Fight
    Providing an update on his health after a seizure forced him off UFN 19 right before his fight, Phillipe Nover says he's feeling better but can't really explain what caused his seizure. He said...
  32. Roger Huerta's Shoulder Was A Bit Noisy During Gray Maynard's Submission Attempt
    And The Bully noticed. In post-fight comments on his victory over Roger Huerta, Gray Maynard noted he heard Huerta's shoulder pop a couple times during the fight, but Huerta was able to avoid being...
  33. Strikeforce's Casey Olson returns to MMA after soul-crushing loss of father
    As a freshman in high school, Casey Olson was small, but determined. "I was 100 pounds soaking wet," Olson told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), "but I made varsity (wrestling)." Olson's father,...
  34. RICH FRANKLIN: Stuck in the Middle
    Former UFC middleweight titleholder Rich "Ace" Franklin headlines UFC 103 against former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort. The two will complete at a catch weight of 195 pounds; for...
  35. Fedor-Rogers Meet Nov. 7 on CBS
    "Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers will face off in a heavyweight main event for Strikeforce on Nov. 7 on CBS. A venue for the event is still to be announced. Strikeforce announced the event on...
  36. UFC 103 Preview: Tyson Griffin Braces for Potential War With Hermes Franca
    Don't tell Tyson Griffin's teammates at Xtreme Couture gym that he'll be fighting on the same card as them, they'll likely cringe at the thought. After all, Griffin has managed to five Fight of the...
  37. "The Ultimate Fighter 10" debut shatters Spike TV records, wins timeslot in key demos
    With the show seemingly on its deathbed in recent years, the UFC and Spike TV's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter" recently debuted its 10th season on Wednesday and scored the biggest ratings in...
  38. Dana White confirms Anderson Silva to undergo elbow surgery, rules out heavyweight bout
    DALLAS – While UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has insisted he's currently ready to fight on a moment's notice, UFC president Dana White told a different story at today's UFC 103 pre-fight...
  39. "Collateral damage" from Jackson's "A-Team" role includes lack of counter-programming options
    DALLAS – UFC light heavyweight superstar Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's decision to forego a December bout with Rashad Evans has resulted in a series of headaches for UFC brass. Rescheduling main events...
  40. Strikeforce: Jake Shields vs. Jason Miller in the works for Nov. 7 on CBS
    Former Elite XC welterweight champion Jake Shields and former ICON Sport middleweight champion Jason Miller will settle their score at Strikeforce: “Fedor vs. Rogers” in front of a national...
  41. Strikeforce's Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers Card Filling Out, Chicago Possible
    Michael David Smith talks to Scott Coker and gets more scoop on the November 7 Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers card on CBS: Can you tell me any of the undercard fights? I can tell you some of the...
  42. UFC 103 Already Setting Records
    More than 48 hours prior to fight time UFC 103 was already setting records in Texas. “We’re very happy with ticket sales,” said UFC president Dana White. “It’s the number one sporting gross we’ve...
  43. Le Steps Down; Shields vs. Miller for 185 belt.
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Thursday confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that his middleweight champion, Cung Le, has booked another major motion picture role and will relinquish his belt. Jake Shields and...
  44. Kampmann Prepared for Daley at UFC 103
    Martin "The Hitman" Kampmann was originally scheduled to face Mike "Quick" Swick at UFC 103 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. An injury forced Swick out of the bout and hard hitting British...
  45. Frank Trigg Is To MMA What Michael Jordan Is To Basketball
    And he wants fans to remember that. He recently told a Las Vegas newspaper that in MMA "you cannot have the future without the old guys like me that did it first". And he referenced Michael Jordan in...
  46. No UFC In Columbus, Ohio Next Year
    Back in March after a successful UFC event there, Dana White vowed UFC would return to Columbus, Ohio for a UFC event every year. Apparently "every year" won't include 2010-Dana confirmed Thursday...
  47. FEG Confirms JZ Off DREAM 11, Kawajiri Participation
    FEG made a couple more changes to the DREAM 11 card today: They confirmed that Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante is off the card due to injury and they are looking for a replacement to face Daisuke Nakamura....
  48. Once-paralyzed Cole Escovedo signed by Strikeforce, debuts Nov. 6
    Former World Extreme Cagefighting fighter Cole Escovedo (12-4), who missed nearly three years of competition because of an infection that led to temporary paralysis, has been booked for Strikeforce's...
  49. SF November 7 Venue Announced Today
    With yesterday's confirmation of Strikeforce's November 7 event on CBS, the final key component was revealed today: Where. SF is now just waiting for Illinois Athletic Commission approval to announce...
  50. UFC 103 weigh in results
    link UFC 103 will feature a main event between Rich “Ace” Franklin and Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort at a 195-pound catchweight. Also slated for the main card is a heavyweight tilt between former PRIDE...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550