MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Ortiz: ‘Cyborg’ Santos Slammed Me
    "If there is one woman who insists on ignoring gender roles in society, it’s Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos: after throttling Gina Carano like a hungry wolverine beheading a hummingbird, Santos’ training...
  2. Gurgel vs. Evangelista To Headline SF Challengers On 11/6
    A headline bout pitting UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel against Strikeforce mainstay Billy Evangelista is set for Nov. 6 at the SaveMart Center in Fresno, Calif. Gurgel had originally talked of the bout on...
  3. Nick Osipczak Likely To Face Matt Riddle At UFC 105
    According to a source close to one of the fighters, Nick Osipczak is expected to face Matthew Riddle at UFC 105 in England in November. Osipczak appeared on TUF 9 then beat Frank Lester at the finale...
  4. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Luis Cane at UFC 105
    http://www.sherdog.com
    Pages: 2
  5. GOUVEIA VS. BELCHER TAPPED FOR UFC 107
    Middleweights Wilson Gouveia and Alan Belcher are expected to meet at UFC 107, MMAWeekly.com has learned from multiple sources close to the situation. Bout agreements have yet to be signed, but both...
  6. Belfort’s Secret Skill: Karate
    "LAS VEGAS -- Wide stance. A different scream before each attack. The Vitor Belfort I saw at Xtreme Couture Mixed Martial Arts was different from the one I’ve followed since he was 15 years old....
  7. Nate Quarry: "You don't become a legend by winning decisions"
    "You don’t become a legend by winning decisions. That’s what fans want to see, that’s what gets you bonuses, that’s what feeds my family. I’ve seen a lot of fighters stay in the UFC with losing...
  8. Werdum isn't buying Overeem's injury
    Fabricio Werdum planned to make his August Strikeforce debut by challenging champion Alistair Overeem for his Strikeforce heavyweight belt. He did end up fighting at the Aug. 15 event, but against...
  9. UFC's traditional "year-end" Las Vegas show, UFC 108, tentatively slotted for Jan. 2
    Although the Ultimate Fighting Championship usually returns to its Las Vegas home for a big, year-end blockbuster pay-per-view show, this year's holiday schedule has apparently forced a slight change...
  10. Dan Henderson holds out for more money, Anderson Silva
    “I’m holding firm for what I think I deserve. I think I’ve earned that…. If they sign me I’ll fight who they want me to fight. Even if I get Silva now, after I beat him Marquardt would be the top...
  11. UFC 102 fighters test clean
    All fighters selected to undergo drug testing at last month's UFC 102 event successfully passed their tests. Six of the night's 22 fighters, including headliners Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Randy...
  12. "The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights" season debut re-sparks once-struggling series
    It's no secret that "The Ultimate Fighter" has lost much of its luster in recent seasons. While the UFC's popular reality competition series has undoubtedly been a huge success by launching more than...
  13. WEC 44: Leonard Garcia vs. Manny Gamburyan in the works for Nov. 18
    A 145-pound fight between UFC lightweight veterans turned WEC featherweights, Leonard “Bad Boy” Garcia (13-4) and Manny “Pitbull” Gamburyan (9-4), is currently under consideration for WEC 44 in Las...
  14. Coture Vs. Vera to Headline UFC 105
    RANDY COUTURE will make a quick-fire return to Octagon action against Brandon Vera at UFC 105. The 46-year-old former heavyweight champion will take on The Truth in a light heavyweight clash in the...
  15. "Pee Wee" Herman earns swift KO over Don Frye at Shark Fights 6
    Rising heavyweight prospect Dave "Pee Wee" Herman picked up a signature career win over a notable opponent on Saturday with a swift, 60-second TKO victory over MMA trailblazer Don Frye. The fight...
  16. Bitetti Combat results: Ricardo Arona wins headliner, Paulo Filho and Pedro Rizzo victorious
    In his first fight in two and a half years, former PRIDE Fighting Championships notable Ricardo Arona made a successful return to competition with a unanimous decision win over UFC veteran Marvin...
  17. Horn tops Guida, Prangley and Beerbohm victorious at Arena Rumble
    Picking up his second win since a three-fight losing skid and subsequent release from the UFC, Jeremy Horn stopped Jason Guida via first-round submission at Saturday's "Arena Rumble" event. The show...
  18. GUILLARD BREAKS DOWN DIAZ
    Melvin Guillard, 5-3 in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, headlines UFC Fight Night 19 on Sept. 16 against The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner Nate Diaz, and Guillard believes he has the style and game...
  19. Arona Outpoints Eastman at Bitetti Combat 4
    "RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil – Ricardo Arona made a triumphant return to the mixed martial arts scene, as he defeated UFC veteran Marvin Eastman by unanimous decision in the main event at Bitetti Combat...
  20. Paulo Filho Responds to Gegard Mousasi’s Steroids Accusation
    "Former WEC middleweight champion “Ely” Paulo Filho (16-1) responded Saturday to the accusations that he is on steroids made exclusively to Fighters.com by Strikeforce light heavyweight champion...
  21. DREAM 11: Gesias 'JZ' Cavalcante injury scraps fight against Daisuke Nakamura
    The woes for top-flight lightweight Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante (14-3-1) continue, suffering a hairline fracture of his right knee during a training session last week. According to sources close to...
  22. MARK BOCEK VS. MATT VEACH AT TUF 10 FINALE
    Lightweights Mark Bocek and Matt Veach are expected to clash at the season ten finale of "The Ultimate Fighter," according to a source close to the bout. Though bout agreements have yet to be signed,...
  23. Nate "The Rock" Quarry is Left 4 Dead
    PDG: Ok we need to talk about some video gaming. Have you had any down time after your training to play any games? Nate Quarry: Oh yeah, I was actually able to play the UFC Undisputed 2009 game for...
  24. Satoshi Ishii to Make MMA Debut Against Hidehiko Yoshida
    Sengoku still doesn't have a date set for its New Year event, but it's certainly got a headliner. World Victory Road have announced today that 2008 Beijing Olympic judoka Satoshi Ishii will make his...
  25. BELFORT STARTS HIS UFC TRILOGY WITH FRANKLIN
    The third time is a charm. At least, that’s what Vitor Belfort is hoping when he steps into the Octagon on Saturday night across from Rich Franklin. UFC 103 in Dallas marks the third time the...
  26. Look Out, Here Comes Jay Silva
    Forget the prospect of dealing with CB Dollaway on Wednesday night in Oklahoma City. Jay Silva’s got bigger troubles – literally – as he may have to face heavyweight contender Cheick Kongo if he...
  27. Bas Rutten responds to Kimbo
    With the premier of The Ultimate Fighter 10 season coming this week, all eyes have been on Kimbo Slice. The internet sensation turned mixed martial artist will try his luck in the UFC reality series...
  28. While Nover's back may be against the wall, Stout coming out swinging at UFN 19
    UFC lightweight Phillipe Nover (5-2-1 MMA, 0-2 UFC) is in a delicate position heading into Wednesday's "UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard" in Oklahoma City. Despite the hype surrounding "The...
  29. Daniel Cormier vs. Gary Frazier completes Strikeforce's "Challenger Series" card for Sept. 25
    The official addition of a heavyweight bout between former Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier (0-0) and native Oklahoman Gary Frazier (0-0) completes the lineup for "Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs....
  30. Lyle Beerbohm Improves to 13-0
    Lyle Beerbohm needed less than a minute and a half to defeat Josh Martin on Saturday night in an Arena Rumble MMA show, running his professional record to 13-0 and showing that Beerbohm is a...
  31. Kimbo Slice Talks 'TUF 10,' Mike Tyson Dream Fight and Potential Boxing Career
    It's safe to say that Kimbo Slice will never be remembered as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all-time, but few can argue with the incredible impact he has had on the sport in less than two...
  32. Marcus Jones: UFC Tougher Than NFL
    When the 10th season of The Ultimate Fighter debuts Wednesday night on Spike, most of the eyes will be on Kimbo Slice, the street fighter turned YouTube star who is trying to make it into the UFC....
  33. Nate Quarry Ready for War Against Tim Credeur
    In our first look at the UFC Fight Night 19 main card, middleweights Nate Quarry (11-3) and Tim Credeur (12-2) square off in what could be an absolute war on the feet that may produce Fight of the...
  34. Russia Legion announces M-1 Challenge semifinal match-up vs England on Sept. 26
    Amsterdam, Holland — After compiling a 3-0 team record and a 13-2 individual record en route to a Group D title in the 2009 “M-1 Challenge Presented by Affliction” (www.M-1Global.com), Team Russia...
  35. UFC unveils new website design
    After extensive usability analysis, the UFC has delivered a new and vastly improved viewing experience to their many site visitors. The main focus of the initial phase of this redesign was to deliver...
  36. Bas Boon has harsh words for new StrikeForce arrangement
    Overeem's management Golden Glory considers breaking with Strikeforce now that m-1 has entered into a co-promotion with the event. As this happened after Overeem signed a new contract with...
  37. Dana White on John McCarthy
    “It’s not that I disike John McCarthy, I’m not anti John McCarthy at all. I think John McCarthy mde a decision in his career, he decided to not ref anymore. He wanted to move on. If you’re in the ref...
  38. Tamdan McCrory: Whats next for the Barn Cat?
    With a record of 3-3 in the UFC, it came as a surprise when Tamdan McCrory was released following his loss at UFC 101. It was first reported that he and Thales Leites, among others, were cut. Reports...
  39. Municipal AC in Canada suspends MMA for six months
    Local mixed martial arts fans will have to travel further to watch live bouts. The Moncton Boxing and Wrestling Commission has ruled there will be no mixed martial arts cards in Moncton for the next...
  40. UFC PPV Buyrates Increasing, Up 60% YOY
    The following data represent estimates of the UFC buyrate figures over the first six months of both 2008 and 2009: Payout Perspective: The UFC is up an estimated 62% on year-over-year PPV revenue...
  41. Mousasi on Filho: "He's More Like A Little Pony."
    Mousasi Trash talkin Filho I personally like to hear any and all news about this guy.
  42. Guillard Opens Up on Rehab, Diaz Prep
    Melvin Guillard flew solo during Monday’s teleconference call for UFC Fight Night 19, which airs live Wednesday on Spike TV on 8 p.m. EST/PST. Guillard was suspended by the NSAC for eight months in...
  43. KEVIN BURNS TO FACE T.J. GRANT AT UFC 107
    Welterweights Kevin Burns and T.J. Grant are expected to meet at UFC 107. UFC 107 is expected for the FedEx Forum on Dec. 12 in Memphis, Tenn. A lightweight tilt between champion B.J. Penn and...
  44. Nate Diaz says new approach will land needed result at UFC Fight Night 19 main event
    OKLAHOMA CITY – UFC lightweight Nate Diaz (10-4 MMA, 5-2 UFC) knows the thrill of victory, and he also knows the agony of defeat. After opening his UFC career with five-straight wins – including four...
  45. Chuck Liddell Slims Down To Win Big Bosses Cash
    We all knew Chuck Liddell was living large after sudo retiring following his loss to Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 97. So, large UFC President Dana White called him out and put up some cash betting...
  46. "Pequeno" Nogueira Is Back to "Reconquer Japan"
    A little over a year ago, then-unknown Brazilian Jose Aldo spoiled the U.S. debut of Alexandre Franca "Pequeno" Nogueira at WEC 34. Despite reigning over Shooto's 143-pound division for years and...
  47. WEC to air on Setanta Sports network in Australia starting with 'Cerrone vs. Henderson' on Oct. 10
    World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) announced today that it has struck a television deal with Setanta Sports to air live mixed martial arts action in Australia, giving more than 80,000 viewers “Down...
  48. RICH FRANKLIN: SHIFTING GEARS?
    The word seared into the mind of any fighter, be they a current, former, or aspiring champion, is “title.” The belt, whatever form it takes, is an all-consuming obsession, measured in steps towards...
  49. Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin, Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman official for UFC 106
    "With tickets set to go on sale for UFC 106 later this week, the organization today announced the first two bouts for the Nov. 21 event. As was previously reported, UFC heavyweight champion Brock...
  50. Huerta: 'One or the Other' on Fighting, Acting
    "Fighters getting in touch with their inner thespian is hardly a new idea. Randy Couture starred as the Scorpion King, Cung Le's been in a number of films during his reign as Strikeforce middleweight...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542