MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. BIG NOG EYEING MIR REMATCH
    "After dispatching Randy Couture last Saturday at UFC 102, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was game to “play” with reigning champ Brock Lesnar if the opportunity became available. 'If they gave me a title...
  2. Former boxing champion Ricardo Mayorga moving to MMA with Shine Fights
    Colorful boxing veteran Ricardo Mayorga, who's fought everyone from Oscar De La Hoya to Shane Mosley to Félix Trinidad, is heading to the world of mixed martial arts. The Ohio-based Shine Fights,...
  3. UFC's Kenny Florian finds mutual admiration at Walter Reed Army Hospital
    What's easier – talking to an amputee or fighting B.J. Penn? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's back this tale up. I sat in Washington DC's Reagan National Airport waiting for Kenny Florian to get...
  4. ross clifton found dead
    Super heavyweight Ross "The Grizzly" Clifton, an eight-year veteran of MMA best known for his TKO loss to Ken Shamrock at "Wargods" in February, has passed away from an apparent heart attack. He was...
  5. Randy Couture Opening Training Camp to Calvin Pace, Other NFL Players Suspended for PEDs
    Starting Friday, the Jets outside linebacker began serving a four-game suspension, handed down before training camp for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing supplements. Instead of...
  6. MARK BOCEK BACK TRAINING, EYES DECEMBER
    UFC lightweight Mark Bocek has been cleared to train by his doctor and will be back in the gym Friday, according to manager Mary Oliveira. The 28-year-old Canadian tore his Lateral Collateral...
  7. DONE WITH UFC JITTERS, CARLOS CONDIT PLANS KO
    LINK "Former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit is set to return to the Octagon when he takes on newcomer Jake Ellenberger on Sept. 16 at UFC Fight Night 19, in Oklahoma City, Okla. He enters...
  8. Mousasi: UFC Never Made Offer
    "In terms of long-term potential, few mixed martial artists carry the value of Gegard Mousasi, a multi-lingual 24-year-old with talent to spare. Currently under contract to Strikeforce and Dream, he...
  9. Bellator to host two seasons in 2010, expanding to live shows in English and Spanish
    After a successful first season that netted the rookie Bellator Fighting Championships promotion solid coverage, company CEO Bjorn Rebney said a deal is now in place that will greatly expand the...
  10. Gina Carano to Star in Movie -- Knockout
    Gina Carano has been cast as the star of an upcoming movie called Knockout. The movie will be an action movie and directed by Steven Soderbergh (Traffic, Ocean's 11, 12, 13). Production is said to...
  11. John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman in the works for UFC 106 in Las Vegas
    link Welterweight Dennis Hallman's (41-12-2 MMA, 1-3 UFC) first opponent in his return to the UFC has been determined, and "Superman" has agreed to meet John Howard (12-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at UFC 106....
  12. Rumored Card For MFC 22: MacDonald Vs. Lutter
    link Maximum Fighting Championship 22 Oct. 2nd 2009 Live only on HDNET MAIN EVENT Jason MacDonald 21-12 vs Travis Lutter 9-5 185 lbs LW WORLD MFC TITLE Antonio Mckee 22-3 vs Carlo Prater 24 - 6 155...
  13. Koscheck gets back to basics to face Trigg
    For one of the most active fighters in the UFC, the last 7 months have been tough on Josh Koscheck not being able to fight, but he'll get his wish on Sept 19 when he welcomes former top welterweight...
  14. Pyle intends better showing in UFC return
    When asked if he was underprepared for his Ultimate Fighting Championships debut at UFC 98 this past may, Mike “Quicksand” Pyle responded in his usual direct approach, “A week’s notice and 23 pounds...
  15. Former Olympian Daniel Cormier gets final TV spot at Sept. 25 Strikeforce event
    The final slot on the TV portion of the Sept. 25 "Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings" event will go to two-time U.S. Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier. Cormier, the latest in a long line of...
  16. Ortiz: Hopefully Chuck can dance better than he can fight
    Tito Ortiz has launched a scathing attack on long time rival, Chuck Liddell, saying “The Iceman’s” career is over and that he hopes he can dance better than he fights. When asked about the recent...
  17. Welterweight Rick Story agrees to meet Brian Foster at UFC 103
    Welterweight Rick Story (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has agreed to a "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" slot on less than two-weeks' notice, and the Portland, Ore., native is now expected face UFC-newcomer Brian...
  18. Showtime adds Strikeforce listing for Oct. 10; promotion, network say nothing official
    While Strikeforce has a "Challengers Series" event in less than three weeks, the big focus surrounding the California-based organization has been finding out when and where Fedor Emelianenko will...
  19. Gegard Mousasi: 'Paulo Filho is a little donkey on steroids'
    “What happened when [Filho] came to America, he got beat up really bad. Now he’s back in Japan and he feels like a kid in a candy story. He can use all kinds of steroids and I think the steroids have...
  20. Frank Mir to add more strength to go with his technique
    “In the fight with Brock, I really felt there was a huge difference in strength and power. Being 245, I just don’t think I’ll ever be able to compete with him at that weight…. One area of my game I’m...
  21. UFC 105: Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty possible for Nov. 14
    Unheralded but tough lightweights Terry Etim (13-2) and Shannon Gugerty (12-3) are penciled in to throw leather in a 155-pound match up at UFC 105 from the Manchester Evening News (MEN) Arena in...
  22. Arona: 'I Can Beat Anyone,' Machida Included
    "More than two years have passed since Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou knocked out Ricardo Arona at the final Pride Fighting Championships event in Japan. Viewed by most as one of the top light heavyweight...
  23. Maynard's got the plan to beat Huerta
    "As the lightweight division awaits the next title defense by champion B.J. Penn in December, the list of contenders is constantly growing. The choice for the next top 155-pound contender could be...
  24. One Year Later, Evan Tanner's Unforgettable Life, Legacy Remembered
    The people who knew him still think of him regularly. How can they not? He moved them closer to life's truths than anyone else. He pulled them in, taught them lessons, then disappeared. He made them...
  25. Rashad Evans Not Yet Told of Possible UFC 107 Fight Postponement
    Rashad Evans has yet to be officially informed that his UFC 107 main-event matchup with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been scrapped, according to his manager, Jervis Cole. FanHouse contacted Cole on...
  26. Dan Miller Out, Newcomer Jay Silva In Against CB Dollaway at UFN 19
    (MMA) Madness is reporting tonight that UFC middleweight Dan Miller is suffering from some sort of ailment, and will be forced out of his scheduled fight with C.B. Dollaway at UFC Fight Night 19 on...
  27. Dan Stupp Defends Sean Salmon's Admission
    Salmon quit, plain and simple. Self-preservation and financial well-being trumped his competitive drive. But he didn’t "throw a fight" as so many have alleged. At any MMA event, especially amateur...
  28. Hallman vs. Howard at TUF 10 Finale
    Looks like Hughes won't be fighting him next. LINK
  29. UFC 105 Officially Announced, Main Event Not
    As had been expected, UFC today officially announced UFC 105 for November 14 at MEN Arena in Manchester, England. 2 matches were confirmed-Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang and Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun...
  30. Lil' Nog and Hendo to go again at 105?
    Its another story from the Sun, but they where first to report Semtex stepping up to replace Swick so mabeys this artice is credible aswell. Also mentions Hughes vs Swick could be an option if Dan or...
  31. A Champion's Clause Never Bound Alistair Overeem to Defend Title
    In an interesting interview by MiddleEasy.com in which they actually asked Overeem who would win in a fight between the 1993 version of Wesley Snipes and the 1986 version of Sylvester Stallone...
  32. Crocop weighs in on Fedor/UFC situation
    Crocop weighs in on Fedor/UFC situation Mirko Crocop can get added to the list of people who don't understand the Fedor/UFC situation, as he has his own thoughts on the matter. Is Fedor scared?
  33. MOUSASI OUT OF DREAM "SUPER HULK" TOURNAMENT
    It appears The Strikeforce LHW is out of his semifinal bout with Sokodjou at DREAM 11. (I myself am now officially calling Minowaman to win. ) link
  34. Matt Hamill Vs. Jon Jones Expected for The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale
    A light heavyweight clash between fast-rising prospects Matt Hamill (7-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Jon Jones (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is expected to feature prominently at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale in...
  35. UFC Inks TV Deal in U.K.
    "UFC highlights will air on free TV in the United Kingdom, the promotion announced Tuesday. The UFC has signed a terrestrial television deal with Five, a British network that airs “Monday Night...
  36. No Plea Deal For Driver Accused Of Killing Charles "Mask" Lewis
    The Orange County Register has an update on the case against Jeffrey David Kirby, the man accused of killing Tapout’s Charles “Mask” Lewis in a drunk-driving accident this past spring. Late last week...
  37. Evans-Jackson Postponed Until Early 2010
    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s big break has broken up a headlining bout against Rashad Evans at UFC 107. Jackson and Evans, rival coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter 10” debuting Sept. 16 on Spike TV,...
  38. Welterweights Marcus Davis and Ben Saunders agree to UFC 106 contest in Las Vegas
    Two welterweight contenders looking to rebound from disappointing losses will square off at UFC 106 as Marcus Davis (16-5 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and Ben Saunders (7-1-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to...
  39. Kimbo Slice Has Low Hurdle to Clear for Big Reward on The Ultimate Fighter 10
    It's a cruel hard world out there and the reality is that Kimbo Slice is good for business. Dana White has shrewdly put himself in a no lose position by booking Kimbo on The Ultimate Fighter. At a...
  40. Dan Hardy plans to make UFC welterweights uncomfortable on Nov. 14.
    “Kim will want to take me down with his judo and bash me up on the ground, but every time he gets close he will eat an elbow or knee in the face. I don’t want a decision, I guarantee a knockout in...
  41. Sanchez Signs 8-Fight Deal
    Diego Sanchez signed a new eight-fight deal with the UFC on Tuesday, clearing the path for a lightweight title bid against B.J. Penn at UFC 107 in Dec. 12 in Memphis, Tenn. Sanchez’s representation,...
  42. Ed Soares: Anderson Silva Didn't Get Elbow Surgery
    I spoke to Ed Soares, Silva's manager, and contrary to published reports, Silva has not had surgery on his elbow and is not in any way incapable of fighting in November if he's offered a fight....
  43. DREAM Announces First Super Hulk Semifinal, JZ Added To Card
    FEG has announced the first semifinal of the DREAM Super Hulk Tournament to conclude at DREAM 11-as expected, it's Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Hong-Man Choi. Also added to the card is a Lightweight matchup of...
  44. ‘Cro Cop’ Doesn’t Think Fedor is Afraid
    "Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has no clue why Fedor Emelianenko signed with Strikeforce and decided against testing himself inside the UFC. Like much of the mixed martial arts community, the Russian’s...
  45. Dos Santos Plans to Outbox Cro Cop at UFC 103
    "It’s been a quick trip up the ladder for UFC heavyweight Junior Dos Santos. He was a virtual unknown in America when he took on ground wizard Fabricio Werdum at UFC 90. One right uppercut later, Dos...
    Pages: 2
  46. Stay tuned: UFC's new TV deal in U.K. will be monitored by U.S. television execs
    At first blush, the UFC's newly announced deal with a broadcast television network in the United Kingdom would seem to have no impact upon fans in the United States. It would be understandable if...
  47. UFC Newcomer Jay Silva Still Doesn't Believe His Dream Has Come True
    Two years ago, Jay Silva was just a nightclub bouncer in New York City who got into a lot of fights and liked watching MMA on television. Then a chance encounter with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC...
  48. The Case for Chuck Liddell Appearing on "Dancing With the Stars"
    The stumbling block often issued against this idea -- namely, that the marriage between a dance competition and MMA is not natural and therefore meaningless -- should be discounted. DWTS is good...
  49. UFC’s Houston Alexander Must Win At Adrenaline MMA 4
    UFC light heavyweight “Assassin” Houston Alexander (8-4) must beat “Tank” Sherman Pendergarst (11-14) at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Omaha 18 September to remain in the UFC, a source close to the Adrenaline...
  50. "TUF 10" competitor Scott Junk took different path to UFC, now he's on long road back
    Scott Junk (6-2-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) doesn't exactly fit the stereotype for the house on "The Ultimate Fighter 10." "I'm simple – just a normal everyday working guy," Junk said. "These guys are...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565