MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Excuses and Frank Mir's Rants Spark Interest in Rematch
    Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira and Randy "The Natural" Couture's showdown at UFC 102 was a match-up that was years in the making, and it had fans on the edge of their seats in terms of...
  2. Dan Henderson Wants Anderson Silva's UFC Title, Not Nate Marquardt
    The UFC middleweight division remains an utter mess. Champ Anderson Silva is so dominant that there is more fascination with his potential fights at 205lbs or maybe even heavyweight than at 185. And...
  3. Michael Bisping: Denis Kang will be ‘a good test’
    "I think he’s a good test. I wanted to fight someone decent after Henderson because as I said, I had a great camp and I feel improved as a fighter in all departments. I wanted to prove that to the...
  4. Joachim Hansen explains the head injury that sidelined him since 2008
    "During the final phase of training, I lifted my training partner for a takedown, and he tried to defend tenaciously. After staggering on my feet, we both fell head first on to the floor and I hit my...
  5. Former UFC Champion Tim Sylvia is Jason Vorhees of the “Friday the 13th” Movie Franchise
    Former UFC heavyweight champion “Maine-iac” Tim Sylvia (24-6) is currently in Boston playing horror film icon Jason Vorhees in the yet-to-be-titled “Friday the 13th” sequel, Fighters.com has...
  6. Matt Hughes Versus Dennis Hallman Rematch Inevitable, Says Hallman’s Agent
    Fighters.com’s ninth-ranked heavyweight “The Natural” Randy Couture (16-10) wasn’t the only MMA legend UFC President Dana White locked up to retirement before UFC 102. Welterweight Matt Hughes (41-7)...
  7. Vendetta FC 8-Man Tourney Matchups: Marrero v Britt, Wallace v Milliard
    Former UFC and WEC light heavyweight “Fury” Carmelo Marrero (9-3) and “Juggernaut” Antwain Britt (9-2) will fight in the first round of Vendetta Fighting Championships one-night eight-man light...
  8. Phil Baroni Versus Amir Sadollah Confirmed For UFC, Baroni Calls Strikeforce Cut “Bush League”
    UFC welterweights “New York Bad Ass” Phil Baroni (13-11) and The Ultimate Fighter 7 champ Amir Sadollah (1-1) have agreed to fight, Fighters.com has confirmed. Inside Fights reports the matchup will...
  9. Undefeated Oklahomans Travis Calanoc & Thomas Longacre Official For Strikeforce Tulsa
    As reported first by Fighters.com, Tulsa-based featherweight prospect “Dark Knight” Travis Calanoc (4-0) will make his Strikeforce debut at Strikeforce Challengers 3 in Tulsa 25 September....
  10. UFC Invades Ameba Blog To Increase Japan Presence
    To increase its presence in the Japanese market, UFC has invaded Ameba Blog, Japan's #1 blog and social networking site, to create fighter blog pages for UFC and WEC fighters. At this time following...
  11. Little Nog to debut at UFC 105, no plans of fighting Machida
    Little Nog to debut at UFC 105, no plans of fighting Machida Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is set to debut at UFC 105, but don't expect him to fight Lyoto Machida in the future.
  12. Shane Carwin Interview
    Hi Shane, Thank you for taking the time to sit down with MMABay and answer a few of our questions: MMABay - It’s recently been revealed that you have agreed to face Brock Lesnar for the UFC...
  13. Denis Kang: “I’m gonna come out and throw bombs”
    On the comments he made earlier this week in another interview, Kang explained: “’Beat his ass’ of course, because I’m coming in with the winning mentality, I always come in like that. I’m not going...
  14. Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC
    Matt Hughes signs multi-fight deal with the UFC Matt Hughes details how a new deal came about, and also drops a little hint as to his next opponent.
  15. Teammates? UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon says he would fight his own brother
    Will teammates be forced to fight each other in the UFC? The answer to that depends on who you ask. UFC officials say it will happen if they deem it necessary, while some members of prominent...
  16. JAKE SHIELDS TIRES OF DELAYS, JUST WANTS TO FIGHT
    Former EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields says there’s no delay on his end in facing Jason “Mayhem” Miller in Strikeforce. “If they hand me the bout agreement today, I’ll sign it,” Shields...
  17. Matt Hughes signs a new deal with the UFC
    Matt Hughes has signed a new multi-fight deal with the UFC, officially ending rumors and speculation that the former UFC welterweight champ had fought his last fight at UFC 98 in May. "Last week I...
  18. Sean Sherk Skips CSAC Random Drug Test, Claims Injury; Monte Cox Denies "Conspiracy"
    Nick Diaz is clearly responsible for his own actions, but after the surprise drug test of Josh Barnett he should have been prepared. Someone at the CSAC is clearly singling out high-profile MMA...
  19. The UFC's Biggest Challenge in 2010: Filling Main Events
    The UFC is on a roll lately with signings. They've gobbled up fighters from Phil Baroni to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, ostensibly so they can fill a large amount of cards in 2010. The problem with...
  20. Ohio Commission Responds to Sean Salmon
    Sean Salmon’s self-imposed troubles continue: after the fighter admitted in an MMAJunkie.com essay that he purposely fell into an armbar submission during a June 3 bout against Allan Weickert, Ohio...
  21. UFC president Dana White says lightweight champ B.J. Penn to fight December 12
    After a rumored slot on either UFC 105 in Manchester, England, or at an as-yet-unannounced third fight card in November, UFC president Dana White today announced that lightweight champion B.J. Penn...
  22. Jason "Mayhem" Miller won't sign a contract to fight Jake Shields in October...
    … according to the former Elite XC welterweight champion. “… he’ll beat the piss out of me? He’s the one that won’t sign the contract. I would sign that fight tonight but he just wants to talk and...
  23. Yushin Okami Talks Anderson, Sonnen, Akiyama
    --- In preparation for your fight against Chael Sonnen, have you watched any video on him? Yes. He is a so-called "American-style" fighter. Box for a bit and then tackle, hold the opponent, use...
  24. Justin Eilers' Killer Convicted Of Manslaughter
    James Malec was on Thursday found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his stepson, UFC and EliteXC veteran Justin Eilers, this past December in Canyon County, Idaho, according...
  25. UFC 105 tickets: Dates and prices
    Fighters Only has obtained the news UK fight fans have been waiting for - the date that tickets go on sale for UFC 105 in Manchester. We can today exclusively reveal that tickets for the November...
  26. BRETT ROGERS: I'M GOING TO KNOCK FEDOR OUT
    Slated to be Fedor Emelianenko's first opponent in the Strikeforce promotion, undefeated heavyweight Brett Rogers plans to knock out the top ranked Russian. "I'm going out there to knock Fedor out....
  27. Daniel Cormier to Make MMA Debut at Upcoming Strikeforce Challengers
    Daniel Cormier, the two-time Olympic wrestler and six-time senior national champion freestyle wrestler, will make his mixed martial arts debut on the September 25 Strikeforce Challengers card at the...
  28. UFC Works to Change MMA's Image in Brazil
    One of the ironies of MMA history is the fact that while vale tudo was invented in Brazil as a more extreme extension of the kinds of challenge matches that were popular in North America around the...
  29. Does B.J. Penn vs Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 Mean Dana White Walked Away From Another Network Deal?
    Dana White announced today that lightweight champ B.J. Penn will defend his belt on December 12 in Memphis at UFC 107. Zak Woods raises the obvious question: Sanchez and Penn were initially rumored...
  30. Sean Salmon's Admission May Result In Suspension
    Our own Chris Nelson posted the story late yesterday regarding former UFC fighter Sean Salmon's column over at MMAJunkie.com titled "Full-Time Fighter" in which Salmon reveals that a plethora of...
  31. Ray Mercer: MMA fighters have no heart
    Ray Mercer -"It Kills Me How None Of Those MMA Guys Want To Fight Me Now!" James Slater: It's a pleasure to speak with you, Champ, as always. Firstly, is the fight with Andreas Gustafsson a definite...
  32. Muhammed Lawal Weighs Options Following Recent Mark Kerr Victory
    Muhammed Lawal defeated Mark Kerr last Friday at M-1 Global: Breakthrough in just 22 seconds, and the free agent is already looking towards his next fight. "King Mo" told FanHouse on Thursday that he...
  33. SF: Overeem Will Defend Title After K-1
    Although no official date has been set, Strikeforce officials report that Alistair Overeem's lingering injuries have finally healed and that, following upcoming fights in K-1 and a planned fight for...
  34. Belfort: Fighting Couture A 4th Time "Not A Bad Idea"
    In a recent interview with the TATAME website, Vitor Belfort said a potential 4th match with Randy Couture at some point isn't a bad idea, especially if Dana White & the fans want it. They met 3...
  35. Dan Hardy talks Michael Bisping KO
    "Everyone’s been down on the U.K. for a little while, and I think that’s partly due to the fact that the British fans are so vocal about the British fighters because it’s such a new thing for us. We...
  36. MMA Quick Quote: When in doubt, fake an injury
    “There’s loopholes in everybody’s game, and in his game, the way I see it, he can sometimes get a little sloppy. He is a patient guy, but when he feels that he has to give, he kind of rushes it a...
  37. Josh Neer official for UFC 104, bout with Gleison Tibau remains on main card
    The fight card for "UFC 104: Machida vs. Shogun" is again complete, as Josh Neer (25-8-1 MMA, 4-5 UFC) has officially been named as a replacement for an injured Sean Sherk (33-4-1 MMA, 7-4 UFC). The...
  38. Is the Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Marquez PPV in Trouble?
    I've maintained for some time that I thought the return of the best P4P boxer on the planet would do pretty good numbers even if they have dropped the ball on the promotion and the fight isn't really...
  39. Swick out of 103? Semtex in?
    Link Its from the Sun, so as the U.K guys will know its not the most reliable source. But if its true.... WOW. This fight will be fireworks. Edit by Mod Here is a more credible source.
  40. UFC 107 reshuffle as Penn vs. Sanchez replaces “Rampage” vs. Evans
    The inclusion of the lightweight title fight between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12th has been done in order to replace the clash between former light...
  41. Bellator Season 2 Delay to be Costly?
    In an interview with MMAFanhouse this week, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney took the time to discuss the delay of Bellator’s next season and his plans for a third season set to follow later in 2010: LINK
  42. Matt "The Law" Lindland takes Gerald “Hurricane” Harris to court?
    Here’s a lawsuit that could get ugly. One mixed martial arts fighter (whose litigiousness earned him his nickname) is dragging another into court. Matt “The Law” Lindland, an MMA fighter who made an...
  43. Jacare: I am more than ready to step up and smash Shields......
    . "I just read Jake Shields interview on mmaweekly.com and I would like to make a statement saying that I am more than ready to step up and smash Shields. I think Jake Shields ground game is...
  44. Swick Out of UFC 103; Daley in as Replacement (sherdog.com)
    It's official I guess LINK "A concussion suffered during training has forced Mike Swick out of his welterweight title eliminator against Martin Kampmann at UFC 103 “Franklin vs. Belfort” on Sept. 19...
  45. UFC's dual division hopeful Brandon Vera wants the world to know his name
    When then-heavyweight Brandon Vera stormed on to the UFC scene beginning in 2005 with four-straight stoppage victories, the California resident really did appear to be "The Truth." Disappointing...
  46. ADCC Barcalona 2009 - WebSite!
    The ADCC 2009 Website is up! looks like its been up for a while, but havn't seen it on here. ADCC 2009, Barcalona Some great Super fights already. Roger Gracie vs Robert Drysdale, and looks like...
  47. "Minotauro" Nogueira: If Frank Mir thinks I was making excuses, then let's do it again
    UFC heavyweight Frank Mir (12-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) doesn't have much good to say about Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) these days. Mir has taken exception to the numerous "excuses" – such...
  48. Mike Swick's downtime to be brief, though welterweight's next move uncertain
    Though the UFC has yet to make an official announcement, welterweight Mike Swick (14-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) today acknowledged the reports that he would no longer be facing Martin Kampmann at UFC 103 on...
  49. Wanderlei Silva discusses facial surgery
    Wanderlei Silva discusses facial surgery Wanderlei Silva checks in with his fans via his video blog, and extensively discusses his facial surgery, as well as new tattoos, and more. For those not...
  50. Anderson Silva Done For The Year
    Amidst word from his manager that Anderson Silva wanted to "take a break from fighting", it's now been confirmed that Silva has a good reason. Elbow surgery means the UFC Middleweight Champion is...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547