MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC President Dana White admits pricing structure led to less-than-expected UFC 102 gate
    PORTLAND, Ore. – One of the prevailing story lines surrounding Saturday's UFC 102 in Portland, Ore., was the slower-than-expected ticket sales for the UFC's debut in the Pacific Northwest. In the...
  2. After earning fastest knockout in UFC history, Todd Duffee focused on different record
    PORTLAND, Ore. – Six months of build-up for UFC newcomer Todd Duffee (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) turned into just seven seconds of work. After signing with the UFC way back in February, Duffee had to wait...
  3. Nogueira Defeats Couture in UFC 102
    A rare appearance before hometown fans ended in disappointment for Randy Couture, who lost an unanimous decision to Brazil's Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in the main event Saturday at UFC 102. Link
  4. Randy Couture signs six-fight, 28 month UFC contract
    As the sport of mixed martial arts continues to grow at an incredible rate, so too does the talent pool from which the UFC has to choose from when fine tuning its roster. As a result, most fighters...
  5. UFC 102 Fighter Payouts
    The Oregon State Athletic Commission has revealed the disclosed fighter payouts from UFC 102. The total disclosed payouts were $1,285,000 with the biggest share-$400,000-going to Antonio Rodrigo...
  6. UFC 102 Medical Suspensions
    UFC 102 Medical Suspensions It looks like everyone that performed at UFC 102 is going to be just fine. The only person whose status is still unknown is Ed Herman. A few others such as Chris Leben,...
  7. Despite UFC 102 headliner, White reiterates no interest in five-round non-title fights
    If you thought Saturday's Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Randy Couture UFC 102 main event fight might have swayed Dana White to change his mind and allow five-round non-title fights in the UFC, think...
  8. Featherweight contenders Diego Nunes and L.C. Davis to meet at November's WEC 44 show
    A quickly filling WEC 44 card will apparently have a new and notable addition; undefeated lightweight contender Diego Nunes (13-0 MMA, 2-0 WEC) vs. L.C. Davis (14-2 MMA, 1-0 WEC). A source close to...
  9. Carwin reveals Velasquez/Rothwell to fight for title next
    When asked about the possibility of facing either Randy Couture or Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira somewhere down the line should he capture the title against Brock Lesnar, Carwin revealed: “I was told that...
  10. Wanderlei and Anderson bury the hatchet at UFC 102
    Wanderlei and Anderson buy the hatchet at UFC 102 Despite a pretty public feud between the two icons in the last couple of months, it looks as if a meeting at UFC 102 may have put an end to it all.
  11. M-1 Breakthrough Main Event Payouts & Medical Suspensions
    The Kansas Boxing Commission today revealed the main event fighter payouts and medical suspensions from Saturday's M-1 Breakthrough event. The Kansas Boxing Commission only tracks the fight purses...
  12. Tickets on Sale Today for Maryland's First MMA Event
    Maryland joins the ever-growing list of states to hold professional MMA events on October 24, when Baltimore's John Rallo brings Shogun Fights to the 1st Mariner Arena in the heart of downtown...
  13. Could a "Big" Referee Return To UFC In October?
    If the CSAC makes it so via referee assignments, maybe. That today is according to veteran referee "Big" John McCarthy on possibly returning to UFC at UFC 104 in Los Angeles. California is one of a...
  14. Brett Rogers: Fedor ‘hasn’t felt the power that he’s about to get’
    "Life is kinda moving along pretty fast now, especially after this (Andre) Arlovski fight. I feel this is well deserved, I mean, everything that happened, happened for a reason, and I was the one to...
  15. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: Fighting Brock Lesnar would be ‘awesome’
    “I like big fights like that. It would be my pleasure, but if they gave me a title shot, it would be awesome. I have more experience than (Lesnar). That’s a big advantage I have. A lot of jiu-jitsu...
  16. Two more bouts added to Aug. 25 "Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings"
    With the next installment of the Strikeforce's Challengers series just less than four weeks away, the organization now has four bouts officially announced for the Showtime-televised portion of the...
  17. White makes weight-loss wager with Liddell, endorses spot on "Dancing with the Stars"
    UFC president Dana White recently made his opinion quite clear on fighters who pursue film careers while still active in MMA. But when it comes to semi-retired former champion Chuck Liddell's...
  18. With WEC and Strikeforce Ratings Up, Dana White Works for a UFC Network Deal
    At the post-fight press conference for UFC 102 in Portland, Ore., White told MMAWeekly.com that he was flying to L.A. on Monday for another meeting with an undisclosed network. When asked if he was...
  19. The Glorious K-1 WGP Opening Round Card is Confirmed!
    The card that everyone has been waiting for can finally be made public. STORY
  20. 2009 ADCC Tournament
    Link Tournament Groupings Female -60kg: Kyra Gracie, Brazil (2007 women's -59kg winner) Sayaka Shioda, Japan (2007 women's -55kg winner) Megumi Fujii, Japan Michelle Tavares, Brazil Laurence Cousin,...
  21. Denis Kang eager to beat Michael Bisping’s ass in Manchester
    “I jumped at the opportunity as soon as it was put in front of me…. I think I am gonna beat his ass … whether he won his last fight or lost it. He is a good fighter, he has got cardio and he knows...
  22. Lift The Ban Watch: Maine Legalizes MMA
    With legislation signed into law Monday, Maine has become the latest state to legalize MMA. The bill creates an "MMA Authority" in the state that must have rules for the sport established by March 1,...
  23. WEC No Longer On DirecTV
    It's not a good day to be a WEC fan if you have DirecTV. The satellite TV provider has dropped Versus, the network that broadcasts WEC events, as of midnight this morning. DirecTV says that Versus is...
  24. Yamamoto Taking Time Off For Training
    It hasn't been a good 2009 for Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto. Since returning from a knee injury that cost him all of 2008 he was upset by Joe Warren at DREAM 9 and then KO'd in a K-1 fight 2 months later....
  25. Frank Mir slams Joe Rogan’s pro-Nog UFC 102 commentating, tells Fedor to quit and go home
    Link to video
    Pages: 2
  26. WEC 42 Attendance & Live Gate
    Better late than never-the NSAC today finally revealed the attendance and live gate totals for last month's WEC 42 event. Total attendance was 2082 with 1640 paid and 442 comps and 870 unsold tickets...
  27. Mass Appeal
    LINK Really good article IMO. It shows how UFC successfully turned a worthless division into the best one in the world. Also mentions Fedor's possible future.
  28. TUF 9 Winner Pearson To Debut At UFC 105
    TUF 9 winner Ross Pearson appears set to make his "official" UFC debut in front of the hometown fans. Sources have confirmed that Pearson will face Aaron Riley at UFC 105 in England on November 16....
  29. Despite Previous Announcement, Miller Now Says Shields Fight Not Set
    It seems that Jason Miller has been leaping before looking lately. Although he previously announced last month he was "set" to face Jake Shields for the Strikeforce Interim Middleweight Title, Miller...
  30. Free agent Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal reminds the haters he's just getting started
    Less than a year since his professional debut in Sengoku, multi-division prospect Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal is tired of defending his path in the world of MMA. After a 25-second win over...
  31. Baroni vs. Sadollah slated for UFC 106
    Inside Fights has learned from sources close to both camps that Phil Baroni is scheduled to make his return to the Octagon against former Ultimate Fighter winner Amir Sadollah at UFC 106. link
  32. Carwin: Fedor is going to become irrelevant at Strikeforce
    UFC heavyweight number one contender, Shane Carwin gave his thoughts on Fedor Emelianenko recently signing with Strikeforce, saying the Russian could have gone down as the greatest of all time but he...
  33. Interview With UFC Lightweight Phillipe Nover
    Hi Phillipe, Thank you for taking the time to sit down with MMABay and answer a few of our questions: MMABay - Firstly, you have a big fight coming up in just a few weeks, how’s the preparation...
  34. While DirecTV dropping Versus, DISH Network offering three free months to all subscribers
    Not all satellite television users will find themselves without the Versus network. In fact, DISH Network customers – including existing users and new subscribers – will get Versus, home to World...
  35. Despite some hardcore fans' resistance, Miller declares "Bully Beatdown" a success
    This past week saw the second season of "Bully Beatdown," with host Jason "Mayhem" Miller, debut on MTV. "I was definitely looking forward to – if the show went the way I thought it was going to – to...
  36. Time for Leben to go?
    The UFC is not a charitable organization. While I'm sure it brings joy to millions of people, the UFC is foremost a business. But not everyone sees it that way. A recent article by Cagewriter editor...
  37. M-1 fighter Toni Valtonen has a swastika tattoo
    Article
  38. Demian Maia will train (not complain) following his KO loss to Nate Marquardt
    I knew the first loss would come one day because I intend to fight for many years. As a matter of fact, though, it happened in a pretty unexpected manner because I was a little bit casual in the...
  39. UFC Quick Quote: Ben Rothwell hasn’t done nothing … yet
    “I embrace the challenge. They offered me the opportunity to be a co-main event against Cain, who’s established himself in the UFC, and I was all for it. I feel like I’ve been paying my dues for a...
  40. Former Heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia ready to return to the UFC
    Former heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia wants to return to the place where he first found major success. The former two-time title-holder, who left the UFC in early 2008 after mutually agreeing with...
  41. MMA, Lies and Videotape
    by Jordan Breen (jbreen@sherdog.com) 19414 In his epic strategy-and-swordsmanship treatise “The Book of Five Rings,” Musashi Miyamoto writes, "You can become a master of strategy by training alone...
  42. Neer Replaces Sherk at UFC 104
    Josh Neer will replace an injured Sean Sherk in a lightweight bout against Gleison Tibau at UFC 104 on Oct. 24 in Los Angeles, according to a source close to the matchup. Sherk, 36, suffered a...
  43. Bellator Season 2 Delayed, Champs Maybe To Fight Elsewhere
    Following the delay of its second season, Bellator Fighting Championships is trying to secure a fight for each of its four champions “in different markets around the world” before the start of 2010....
  44. For UFC 102's Chris Tuscherer, unanswered questions just as damaging as brutal groin shot
    At this past weekend's UFC 102 event at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., the groin shot hurt plenty badly. Plenty badly. But even more frustrating for UFC newcomer Chris Tuscherer was the...
  45. Edith Labelle, Former Octagon Girl, Breaks Silence on UFC Dismissal
    Last month, fans of former UFC Octagon girl Edith Labelle were disappointed to find out that she was no longer working for the organization. Many questions surrounded her departure, but few answers...
  46. Sean Salmon Admits to Taking a Dive
    In his latest "Full-Time Fighter" column for MMA Junkie, former UFC light heavyweight (and eternal star of Rashad Evans' highlight reel) Sean Salmon makes a rather startling admission regarding his...
  47. The Anderson Silva Problem
    As Randy Couture might say, Anderson Silva poses some interesting problems. Those problems, however, won't be solved by another fighter in the cage. They'll have to be solved by UFC President Dana...
  48. Shonie Carter Slated to Face Derrick Noble, Danny Abbadi, Carlos Newton
    Shone Carter's next two months will see the veteran fighter compete three times, culminating with a nostalgic super fight against former UFC welterweight champion Carlos Newton. "Apparently I suck...
  49. 'Cowboy’ up: Donald Cerrone talks Ben Henderson, TapouT House, and of course, Jamie Varner
    Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has a few choice words for another World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) lightweight … and it isn’t his upcoming opponent, Ben Henderson, who he fights for the WEC interim...
  50. Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger official for main card of UFC Fight Night 19
    Carlos Condit's (22-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) new opponent at UFC Fight Night 19 is now official as the organization announced that UFC newcomer Jake Ellenberger (21-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will face the "Natural Born...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538