MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Belfort doesn't want to fight Silva, but Silva would not mind
    link Vitor Belfort isn’t that high on an opportunity to challenge Anderson Silva for his 185-pound crown. He’ll do it, but it’s not an ideal situation to compete against a fellow Brazilian and...
  2. Paulo Filho wants to fight Gegard Mousasi at LHW
    link Back to victories at Dream, submitting Melvin Manhoef in the first round, Paulo Filho is ready for Alex Shoenauer at Bitetti Combat 4, but already aims tougher challenges overseas. With Dream’s...
  3. FRANK SHAMROCK PLANNING DECEMBER RETURN
    link Frank Shamrock expects to return to competition in the Strikeforce promotion in December, but an opponent has not been named.
  4. JON "BONES" JONES JOINS JACKSON
    link Undefeated UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones is the latest fighter to join Team Jackson's in Albuquerque, N.M., headed by highly sought after trainer Greg Jackson. Jackson told MMAWeekly.com...
  5. Danillo Villefort cut from UFC after just 1 fight
    link The truth is, the UFC answered all of these questions with their decision to release Danillo and fighters need to take it as a warning that, right or wrong, in the days of big PPV numbers the...
  6. Nate Marquardt: Extracting the Zero
    link Renowned as one of the leading jiu-jitsu exponents in the sport today, Maia’s sheer reputation has often overwhelmed recent opponents. That’s even before he secures the takedown, transitions to...
  7. Nogueira’s coach: “Couture has no punch”
    “We think that Couture will fight standing against him, and Rodrigo thinks that too. Rodrigo is 100% prepared standing. I always said that this fight were good to Rodrigo, because Couture has no...
  8. MMA Goes 2-0 Against Boxing This Weekend
    For a couple of MMA fighters, it was a good weekend of boxing. Both KJ Noons and Terry Martin had boxing matches this weekend and both came away with wins-Noons beat Randy Pogue by unanimous decision...
  9. Petruzelli Returns To Action, Wins First Post-Kimbo Fight
    In his first fight since he took down Kimbo Slice, and ultimately EliteXC, by TKO, Seth Petruzelli returned to action Saturday for the first time since that fight after a long layoff due to injuries...
  10. Don Frye breaks silence on "M-1 Breakthrough" withdrawal, blames organization for change
    link While the executives of M-1 Global are no strangers to controversy and criticism, the organization's upcoming "M-1 Global presents Breakthrough" took a hit when original headliner Don Frye...
  11. Sengoku 10: Antonio Silva vs Rons Sparks in the works
    link It has been several weeks since the World Victory Road officials have named Antonio Silva as one of the participants in Sengoku 10. Now, the undefeated super-heavyweight prospect, Ron Sparks,...
  12. Chonan wins, Mishima losses at Deep 43
    link TOKYO -- Fan favorite Ryo Chonan made a triumphant return to his homeland, as he defeated Jutaro Nakao in the Deep “43 Impact” main event on Sunday at Korakuen Hall. Elsewhere, Dokonjonosuke...
  13. New and improved Keith Jardine ready to make a run to the top
    link Keith Jardine talks about fighting the best in the talent-rich 205-pound class, including former champions, Chuck Liddell, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Wanderlei Silva and Forrest Griffin, as...
  14. Hoping for UFC 105, Hathaway awaits the call
    link “Were still waiting to hear about November, but if it’s not then I guess I will be fighting again in the New Year,” he explained. “No names have been mentioned to us, but I don’t mind at the...
  15. Kenny Florian is ‘fired up,’ still wants BJs belt
    link “I’m still at the top of the division and in one or two fights I think I can put myself back into contention to fight for the belt again. In order to do that, I’m going to have to face some...
  16. Aurelio Ready to Shine The Second Time Around
    link A skilled Brazilian Jiu-jitsu artist with 10 submission victories included in his 18-7 overall record, Aurelio heard critics after each of his UFC defeats once he opted to fight on the feet...
  17. UFC Veterans Go DEEP Sunday: Chonan Wins, Mishima Loses Title
    Sunday's DEEP 43 Impact event in Japan featured 2 former UFC stars in action, most notably the return to DEEP of recent UFC release Ryo Chonan. Chonan's return was a success, as he beat fellow...
  18. Cung Le Says He Isn't Done Yet
    Talk to any contender in the Strikeforce middleweight division, and you'll find out pretty quickly that they all agree on one thing: Cung Le needs to defend his title, and he needs to do so sooner...
  19. Dream.11 likely to include Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto and Tatsuya Kawajiri
    An already-stacked DREAM.11 card could have two notable additions. According to an event posted recently released by the Japanese-based promotion, Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto (17-2) and Tatsuya Kawajiri...
  20. Fans invited to Wednesday's Fedor Emelianenko open workout in New York City
    Recent Strikeforce signee and famed heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko is the focus of an open workout, meet and greet, and autograph signing held this Wednesday in New York City. The media and fan event...
  21. COUTURE READY TO FACE THE BEST NOGUEIRA
    Five-time UFC champion Randy Couture can empathize with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira when critics say the former Pride and UFC champ is past his prime. At 46, he’s made a career of bucking the trend,...
  22. Pat Miletich Says He Hasn't Signed a New UFC Contract ... 'Yet'
    Over the weekend, Bloody Elbow noticed that Pat Miletich's profile was put back up on UFC.com. This led to speculation that the 41-year-old MMA veteran had re-signed with the UFC. Remember, prior to...
  23. Is Nate Marquardt Really Ready for Demian Maia's Jiu Jitsu?
    Obviously you have your fair share of submission wins, but is it even worth the risk for you to go to the ground with him? "That's something I can't answer until I get in the fight, to be honest,...
  24. Carwin ready for Lesnar challenge
    No one was more surprised than Shane Carwin to learn that his bout with Cain Velasquez was being scrapped in favor of an immediate title shot against UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar at UFC 106 in...
  25. How Bad News Brown taught Krzysztof Soszynski Ude Garami
    The fact that Krzysztof Soszynski couldn't be happier about his career in the Ultimate Fighting Championship speaks volumes about his evolution, given that UFC held no interest for him the first time...
  26. DAN LAUZON INJURED, OFF OF UFC 103 FIGHT CARD
    link Dan Lauzon is out of a scheduled bout with Rafaello Oliveira at UFC 103 in Dallas, according to MMAWeekly.com sources. Lauzon apparently suffered a back injury in training recently and will not...
  27. Instant replays make their first impact
    link Evangelista’s bout with Mike Aina at Strikeforce Challengers Series 1 on May 15 in Fresno, Calif., ended with a controversial knee that video replays showed struck Aina in the shoulder, not the...
  28. Shields vs Miller to determine Strikeforce interim middleweight champion
    link It’s expected that the winner of the 185-pound contest between Shields and Miller will challenge reigning Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Cung Le later this year to unify the belts. Le is...
  29. Strikeforce adds heavyweight contest between Ray Sefo and Kevin Jordan to Sept. 25 event
    link Sefo owns K-1 rules wins over MMA notables Hong Man Choi, Melvin Manhoef, Gary Goodridge, Marvin Eastman, Bob Sapp, Gilbert Yvel and Mark Hunt. Jordan is best known for his two-fight stint in...
  30. WEC 43 Fighter's To Face Same Day Weigh In Next Week
    link WEC 43 fighters take note: Same-day weigh-ins are a real possibility for next week's event.
  31. PARISYAN VS HAZELETT AGREED TO FOR UFC 106
    A welterweight bout pitting returning fighters Karo Parisyan and Dustin Hazelett against each other has been verbally agreed to for UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas. Sources close to the bout...
  32. HENDERSON INJURED, WEC 43 MOVED TO OCTOBER 10
    WEC 43, originally slated for Sept. 2 in Youngstown, Ohio, has hit a bit of a snag and will be pushed back to Oct. 10 and moved to a different venue. The fight card, however, will remain intact with...
  33. UFC officially announces Machida vs. Rua, Rothwell vs. Velasquez for UFC 104 in Los Angeles
    With tickets set to go on sale later this week, the UFC today officially announced two contests for UFC 104 in Los Angeles. As expected, light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida will meet challenger...
  34. Strikeforce adds heavyweight contest between Ray Sefo and Kevin Jordan to Sept. 25 event
    Strikeforce has officially added a second contest to its "Strikeforce Challengers: Kennedy vs. Cummings" event on Sept. 25, as heavyweights Ray Sefo (1-0) and Kevin Jordan (11-7) will meet on the...
  35. NATE MARQUARDT AIMING FOR TOP OF THE TOP
    Nate Marquardt takes on Demian Maia at UFC 102 on Aug. 29 at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., in a middleweight match-up that will likely put the winner in line for a title shot in his next...
  36. AMASINGER READY TO EARN HIS WAY BACK TO UFC
    Dean Amasinger is in the process of rebuilding following the disappointments of his appearance on The Ultimate Fighter TV show. He was pleased with the team, the training and the opportunity, but...
  37. SOSZYNSKI RIDING OPPORTUNITY TO THE TOP
    The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 semi-finalist Krzysztof Soszynski is continuing to forge his path amongst the light heavyweight class in the UFC. A notable Team Quest affiliate, he is apparently better...
  38. Keith Jardine Talks Thiago Silva Fight, Brock Lesnar, and Techno Viking
    No one can confidently say Keith Jardine's UFC 102 fight against Thiago Silva is a must-win situation for "The Dean of Mean." Sure, he's coming off a unanimous decision loss to Rampage Jackson at UFC...
  39. Ryan Couture, Son of Randy Couture, Wins MMA Fight
    Ryan Couture, the 26-year-old son of UFC legend Randy Couture, looked like a chip off the old block in winning an amateur mixed martial arts fight on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Couture was knocked...
  40. Tapout Training Center burglarized
    The Tapout Training Center in Las Vegas, NV, was broken into today, August 24 at roughly 6:20 this morning. The facility, located at 4040 W. Hacienda ste. 130, had its door shattered by the thief,...
  41. UFC 102's Justin McCully getting nervous for Saturday night – and he says that's a good thing
    UFC heavyweight Justin McCully (9-4-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been fighting professionally for 12-and-a-half years, but that doesn't mean that nerves don't still play a role in his preparation for an MMA...
  42. Is Anthony Johnson Ready to Take Next Step in UFC's Welterweight Division?
    Anthony Johnson's climb up the UFC's 170-pound ladder has been a slow but steady one. After competing in the Octagon for two-plus years, most fighters usually receive a shot against a top contender...
  43. Did the WEC Postpone WEC 43 Because of Versus' Dispute With DirecTV?
    Dave Meltzer: "I think that what happened is that they don’t want to do that show on September 2nd if DirecTV pulls them on September 1st. So, they’re giving them so they’re pulling the show so they...
  44. The Real Reason Dana White Declared War On Strikeforce!
    Did the UFC president, Dana White declare war on Strikeforce because Strikeforce landed Fedor Emelianenko when the UFC couldn’t? I doubt it, although the issue may have exacerbated Dana’s distaste of...
  45. UFC v. Boxing tit-for-tat: Mayweather fight now in movie theaters
    This back and forth between Golden Boy Promotions and the UFC is great. Boxing and MMA go head-to-head o September 19. It's UFC 103 in Dallas against the Floyd Mayweather Jr. boxing card. Last week,...
  46. Despite WEC 43 rescheduling, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone staying busy with other interests
    link "We have the TapouT house going right now," Cerrone said. "The house we're in is five bedrooms, so there's plenty of room. But the house that I'm buying has an actual casita on it, which is two...
  47. Back injury forced Dan Lauzon out of UFC 103
    link Less than one month before he was scheduled to make his return to the UFC after a three-year absence, lightweight Dan Lauzon (12-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 103...
  48. Jake Rosholt ready for the ‘fight of his life’ against Chris Leben at UFC 102
    link “This is a huge, huge fight for me. I’m fighting someone with a big name, who has tons of fans and respect. It’s on pay-per-view, on the main card, so I’m pumped. As far as I’m concerned, it’s...
  49. UFC 104: Sean Sherk heads back to California to take on Gleison Tibau
    link Former lightweight champion Sean Sherk (33-4) — who vowed to never again fight in California after a positive test for steroids in 2007 that he refuted vigorously — is headed back to the “The...
  50. "Razor" Rob McCullough vs. Anthony Pettis in the works for WEC 44 in November
    While WEC official search for a new location for WEC 43, the organization continues to press forward with future plans. A lightweight contest between former WEC champion "Razor" Rob McCullough (17-5...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566