MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida
    Don't Bother Asking, Anderson Won't Fight Machida Anderson Silva explains why he will never fight his friend, Lyoto Machida.
  2. Houston Alexander Possible For Adrenaline 4
    In the rather rare case of a fighter still under contract to Zuffa yet fighting elsewhere, UFC star Houston Alexander, coming off a recent injury, is tentatively set for the 4th Adrenaline event to...
  3. Le Hints at CBS Return
    It’s gone past passé to say that Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le has been conspicuously absent from the promotion’s expanding rotation. Le (6-0) earned the title after defeating Frank...
  4. Randy Couture expresses interest in a possible fight with current UFC Middleweight Champion
    Chad Dukes: Would you ever consider [dropping to light heavyweight] and facing [Silva]? Randy Couture: Yeah, are you kidding? I think he's one of the best fighters in the world. Those are the kinds...
    Pages: 2
  5. Would MMA fans ‘love to see’ Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz III?
    According to the “Huntington Beach Bad Boy” they would: “I have no more pain, no more soreness, no more numbness going down my legs; I’m back in to fighting shape again. I just started working with...
  6. Welterweight Phil Baroni released by Strikeforce; reportedly "likely" to sign with UFC
    Following a June defeat at the hands of Joe Riggs, welterweight slugger Phil Baroni (13-11) was today officially released from his contract with Strikeforce. Baroni fought just twice for the...
  7. LINDLAND SIGNS WITH STRIKEFORCE
    Veteran middleweight Matt Lindland has signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce, ending a short free agency period. Lindland informed MMAWeekly of the news Thursday afternoon. link
  8. THALES LEITES SURPRISED, UPSET ABOUT UFC RELEASE
    Following a controversial loss to Alessio Sakara at UFC 101, Brazilian fighter Thales Leites received word that he would be released by the promotion. He was surprised by the move. "My manager...
  9. BJ Penn wants Diego Sanchez sooner rather than later
    “It’s gonna happen, hopefully within the next two, two-and-a-half months. I’m 30 now and I’m hoping to get a couple of more fights in. I know they say that in MMA, people peak later, but who knows?...
  10. NOT INTIMIDATED, CYBORG READY FOR CARANO
    Having worked her way up the ranks to eventually be considered the top female fighter in all of Brazil, Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos was well on her way to accomplishing the same feat in the United...
  11. Gilbert Melendez Sets Aside Frustration to Focus on Mitsuhiro Ishida
    Gilbert Melendez (15-2) only has two losses on his professional MMA resume. He was hoping to avenge his June 2008 loss to current Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson on Saturday night, but...
  12. After Title Defense, 'Babalu' Sobral Wants Fedor Emelianenko Rematch
    It seems as though we've been talking about Renato Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi for quite some time now. Of course, both men were supposed to fight on the ill-fated "Affliction: Trilogy" card. Instead,...
  13. Strikeforce Close to Finalizing Debut Date For Fedor Emelianenko
    October is shaping to be another can't miss month for mixed martial arts fans. We already knew that DREAM.11 would take place on October 6 and UFC 104 on October 24, but now it looks like Fedor...
  14. Brian Bowles: Being the WEC Champion Won't Change Me
    Brian Bowles shocked the mixed martial arts world on Sunday night when he knocked out Miguel Torres to win the World Extreme Cagefighting bantamweight title. In an interview with FanHouse Thursday,...
  15. Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Kyle Moved to Showtime Portion of Strikeforce Card
    The Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Kyle heavyweight bout has been bumped up to the Showtime portion of Saturday's Strikeforce telecast. FanHouse learned the news from Kyle on Thursday, and confirmed it...
  16. Josh Neer and Kurt Pellegrino Comment on Their Fight at UFC 101
    Josh Neer: Hey guys I figured I’d come on here and explain my fight a little. 1 thing I wish I would have done is just try to get up. The reason I didn't was because when he stood up, he was waiting...
  17. MMA conditioning expert Billy Rush in hospital
    Police: Man shoots own leg, crashes his pickup A Germantown man who apparently shot himself in the leg was flown to an area hospital Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 12, after crashing his pickup truck into...
  18. Toughill explains absence
    With women’s MMA about to take its biggest step forward, one of the original pioneers of the movement will be sitting on the sidelines watching, but not by her choice. Earlier this year Erin Toughill...
  19. UFC reverses course on Thales Leites and Tamdan McCrory, both returning to octagon
    Thales Leites was stunned on Saturday when he heard that judges had come to a split decision in his fight with Alessio Sakara at UFC 101 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. He was even more...
  20. Despite Changes, Jay Hieron 'Still Blessed to Be Fighting'
    SAN JOSE, Calif. - Please excuse Jay Hieron if he sounds a little annoyed -- the man just can't buy a break. The former International Fight League welterweight champion has now been a part of two...
  21. Bobby Southworth Still Wants Another Shot at Strikeforce Title, 'Babalu' Sobral
    SAN JOSE, Calif. - Bobby Southworth feels like he should still be considered a top contender in the Strikeforce light heavyweight title picture. The American Kickboxing Academy product lost the belt...
  22. Has Strikeforce Put Gilbert Melendez at a Slight Disadvantage?
    One of the more appealing bouts on the Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg main card is the Lightweight Interim title match-up between Gilbert Melendez and Mitsuhiro Ishida. Most of the interest...
  23. Bellator Fighting Championships Postpones Second Season
    Bellator Fighting Championships will postpone their second season from the previously announced date of October, to January of 2010. FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently been able to confirm the news of...
  24. Phil Baroni signs with the UFC
    It's official: Phil Baroni, a shameless (and effective) self-promoter who's better known as "The New York Bad Ass," is returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. On Thursday the 33-year-old...
  25. Condit vs. Ellenberger on main card, Dollaway vs. Miller completes UFC Fight Night 19
    With a couple recent changes to the card, September's UFC Fight Night 19 lineup is now complete. The event takes place Sept. 16 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City and airs on Spike TV as a...
  26. Despite reports Tamdan McCrory and Thales Leites, in fact, cut by the UFC
    Tamdan McCrory and Thales Leites have been cut from the UFC, despite reports of the contrary. linky link
  27. Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg Weigh in results
    Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg weigh in results Check out the full weigh in results for Saturday's Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg event, as well as pictures!
  28. Coleman warns Ortiz: “I won’t be used as a stepping stone by anybody”
    “I think that’s absolutely perfect, I’m ecstatic. I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. I’ve been given this kind of opportunity in the past and this is one I need to take...
  29. “We took a lot of proactive measures to make sure [Gina Carano and Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos were on weight]. We were weighing the girls all week. When Gina went to sleep last night she was right at weight
    “We took a lot of proactive measures to make sure [Gina Carano and Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos were on weight]. We were weighing the girls all week. When Gina went to sleep last night she was right at...
  30. Fedor's SF Debut Now Planned For November, No Opponent Set
    Although it was originally rumored for October, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said after last night's event that Fedor Emelianenko now will likely debut for the promotion in November. They haven't said...
  31. Santos' First Challenger: Marloes Coenen?
    That could be the answer to the obvious "Who's next?" for Cristiane Santos. Marloes Coenen, who was given a 1-fight deal as a last-minute replacement last night if either Gina Carano or Santos...
  32. Gegard Mousasi performs well under pressure
    There was some pressure coming into the fight because it was my first fight in the US, but I trained hard for it and I was very comfortable and confident in the ring. I wanted to fight stand-up with...
  33. StrikeForce: Carano vs. Cyborg - Post Fight Interviews
    post fight interviews Jen Brown interviews Cyborg, Mousasi, Melendez, Werdum, and Couture.
  34. New Strikeforce champ Gegard Mousasi staying at 205 pounds for "two or three years"
    Don't expect Gegard Mousasi to waste too much time before making his first Strikeforce title defense. While current champs Alistair Overeem (heavyweight), Cung Le (middleweight) and Josh Thomson...
  35. Video: MMANews.com Interviews Josh Koscheck, Talks Trigg
    Video interview with Josh Koscheck who is scheduled to fight Frank Trigg at UFC 103. Link
  36. Krzysztof Soszynski: Enjoying the Roller Coaster Ride
    Krzysztof Soszynski has never been one to sit idly by while life passes him. Instead, he has made a life, and subsequent mixed martial arts career, by making goals and working diligently to achieve...
  37. Video: Exclusive Interview w/ Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
    Video interview with Anthony "Rumble" Johnson who is scheduled to fight the ever dangerous Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 104. Link
  38. Notable Edits Made During Spike TV's 'UFC 100' Special
    The UFC countered last night's "Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg" event by airing a "UFC 100" special for free on Spike TV. The special included three fights from the main card, as well as three...
  39. COUTURE ON CARANO'S PERFORMANCE AND FUTURE
    Although Gina Carano’s pride took a hit Saturday night, her coach, Randy Couture, is already looking ahead. Whenever she wants to get back in the gym, he’ll be there. Carano suffered the first slide...
  40. MATT SERRA NOT RETIRED, WANTS HUGHES REMATCH
    Former Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight titleholder Matt Serra wants a rematch with Matt Hughes and fights against opponents with names cemented in the industry. "I had a talk with Joe...
  41. Scott Coker: The Future Is Bright for Strikeforce, Women's MMA
    SAN JOSE, Calif. -- After months of promotion, Strikeforce's most important event is in the books. In the end, Cris Cyborg, Gegard Mousasi and Gilbert Melendez upped their stock in the eyes of MMA...
  42. Jay Hieron Says He Has No Time or Interest to Lick His Wounds
    SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Jay Hieron has every reason to be frustrated. After seeing his Affliction fight against Paul Daley get canceled, Hieron was excited to fight Nick Diaz for the Strikeforce...
  43. Gilbert Melendez Credits Patience in Victory Over Mitsuhiro Ishida
    SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Gilbert Melendez has been waiting almost two years to avenge his December 2007 loss to Mitsuhiro Ishida, and he finally got to do so on Saturday night. "El Nino" defeated Ishida...
  44. Scott Coker: Nick Diaz vs Jay Hieron Strikeforce title fight ‘before the end of the year’
    “We had a conversation with Cesar Gracie about the Nick Diaz situation, so I feel very comfortable Nick will be back shortly. I think he’s going to meet with the athletic commission, get that all...
  45. Chuck Liddell Will Be Dancing With The Stars This Season
    That's right, this time he'll be on the floor instead of watching in the stands. The former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion was one of 16 celebrities announced today as participants on the next season...
  46. Gabe Ruediger wins fourth straight, headliner Thomas Denny victorious at CalledOut MMA
    Gabe Ruediger, a former cast member of "The Ultimate Fighter 5" still trying to improve his image after disastrously failing to make weight on the reality show, picked up his fourth consecutive win...
  47. Jake Shields Calls Frank Shamrock 'a Coward,' Wants Cung Le
    Want to see a fired up Jake Shields? Just mention the name Frank Shamrock. Shields told FanHouse recently that Shamrock "is scared to fight me" and that he always "disrespects" him. STORY
  48. Weekend Results: Fred Ettish Puts Demons to Rest
    It took over fifteen years, but UFC 2 competitor Fred Ettish notched his first career victory over the weekend at a local card in Brainerd, Minn. The 53-year-old Ettish, who faced ridicule in his...
  49. Randy Couture on Nogueira, Lesnar and How Long He'll Fight
    It seems almost impossible that, at age 46, Randy Couture is still fighting in the UFC. But in less than two weeks he'll get back into the Octagon once again, taking on Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at...
  50. Former WWE Diva to MMA
    Former WWE Diva to MMA Former WWE Diva Victoria looks to be following Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar into MMA!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556