MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Ricardo Almeida Talks Kendall Grove Fight, Future Move to Welterweight
    Ricardo Almeida's desire to compete on the UFC 101 card in Philadelphia was so much so that he postponed immediate plans for a welterweight run. "To be honest I would have fought at 205 to fight in...
  2. Is the UFC Truly Dominant? A Brief Examination of the Boxing vs. MMA Debate
    I've always been loudly outspoken in my feelings that there is no "war" between boxing and MMA. Since I was old enough to remember I have been a boxing fan. In fact, I got my start at SB Nation as a...
  3. First ever New York MMA Expo helps push for state regulation
    Fans in the New York City area turned out in droves last Sunday (August 2) to attend the first ever New York Mixed Martial Arts Expo held at the Uniondale Marriot in Long Island, New York. Sponsored...
  4. Joachim Hansen vs. Shinya Aoki title fight official for DREAM.11 in October
    DREAM lightweight champion Joachim Hansen (19-7-1) will make his long-awaited first title defense against the man he beat to claim the belt, Shinya Aoki (21-4), at DREAM.11. The long-rumored bout was...
  5. Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin at UFC 101 a prime example of UFC's appeal
    Middleweight champion Anderson Silva has won all nine of his fights in the UFC, the first seven either by spectacular strikes or submission. It made him arguably the most thrilling star in mixed...
  6. Frank Mir: "If I Had to Pick a Guy to Beat Anderson Silva, I’d Pick Forrest Griffin"
    "The one thing that maybe could be a wrench in (Anderson's) machine and his style, is that he is so great of a counter fighter. He’s so skilled with these movements. If I could pick a guy that could...
  7. Gina Carano Trains for Cris Cyborg (video)
    Gina Carano Trains for Cris Cyborg Check out what a normal day for Gina Carano in the gym looks like!
  8. M-1 Global may be ready for a "Breakthrough," but California isn't ready to host it.
    M-1 Global may be ready for a "Breakthrough," but California isn't ready to host it. SI.com's Josh Gross reported on today's edition of his podcast "Gross Point Blank" that the previously announced...
  9. Mariusz Pudzianowski sign with KSW
    For those of you who don't know who he is: "Mariusz Pudzianowski has won more World's Strongest Man titles than any other strongman competitor, winning the event in 2008 for the fifth time. He...
  10. Strikeforce picks up undefeated middleweight Zak Cummings with multi-fight deal
    Strikeforce's roster continues to expand, this time with undefeated middleweight Zak Cummings (10-0). Multiple sources close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Cummings has...
  11. KENNY FLORIAN: "I FEEL LIKE I'VE ALREADY WON"
    As the weeks have dwindled to days, and the days narrow down to hours, Kenny Florian is nothing, if not appreciative of the position he is in. He steps into the Octagon on Saturday night challenging...
  12. RIGGS STILL HOSPITALIZED, EXPECTED OUT NEXT WEEK
    Strikeforce welterweight Joe Riggs is still hospitalized following a reaction to an undisclosed prescription medicine and is expected to be released next week. Riggs' manager, Trevor Lally of Arizona...
  13. Relaxed Anderson Silva Says 'I Guarantee You Someone's Going to Fall'
    PHILADELPHIA - Anderson Silva walked into his scheduled workout 30 minutes late, but he had a handshake for everyone in the room and a smile on his face. Wearing an adidas warm-up suit in his...
  14. Randy Couture on UFC 101: Forrest Griffin Will Press Anderson Silva
    UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has, in his last two fights, transformed before our eyes from a ferocious finisher to a guy who tries to do just enough to win. That has caused fans to heap...
  15. Finally Healthy, Amir Sadollah Looks to Re-Start Career at UFC 101
    PHILADELPHIA – It's been over a year since Amir Sadollah beat CB Dollaway to capture The Ultimate Fighter's season seven championship and earn a UFC contract. But since then the world's most popular...
  16. BJ Penn's Scorched Earth Tactics
    BJ Penn may claim to be ready for his fight this weekend, but a new Kevin Iole piece suggests Georges St. Pierre is still the main thing on his mind: Penn said he believes St. Pierre uses steroids,...
  17. The Correct Way to Use Fedor Emelianenko in Strikeforce
    I've slowly come to terms with the fact that I won't be watching Fedor fight in the UFC any time soon. So now what is bothering me most is the idea that Strikeforce wants to build up to a...
  18. BOWLES: 'Miguel Torres has never faced anyone like me’
    How a fighter as talented and explosive as WEC bantamweight Brian Bowles has gotten used to being the underdog during his career in the WEC is beyond me, but as this undefeated finishing machine told...
  19. BJ Penn Is Pretty Sure That Georges St. Pierre Uses Steroids
    His greasing crusade never amounted to much, but UFC lightweight champ BJ Penn won't rest until arch-rival Georges St. Pierre is busted for something. In a new interview with Yahoo! Sports, the...
    Pages: 2
  20. Andrei Arlovski May Have Recently Tried To Kill Himself
    Seriously. According to a fighters.com article posted yesterday, the former UFC Heavyweight Champion confessed to playing Russian Roulette recently, and it wasn't the first time. Apparently he has...
  21. M-1 Global's Jerry Millen: Fedor Emelianenko is not dodging Brock Lesnar
    Business negotiations are always a complex matter. Business negotiations between the UFC and M-1 Global have at times bordered on bizarre. But while the two companies recently failed once again to...
  22. Anderson Silva: ‘[Robert Drysdale] is an idiot!’
    Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jiitsu and BJJ coach to former UFC light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin, Robert Drysdale has recently come under fire by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva for...
  23. Ben Rothwell on lesnar : I literally knocked a guy into a concussion during sparring with a head kick.
    "Actually, a year before he really started in MMA, Lesnar came to our camp for two weeks. He watched as I – and I’m not happy about it or bragging about it – but I literally knocked a guy into a...
  24. Dan Miller vs Aaron Simpson (Dan Miller replacing Ed Herman) at Sept 19 UFN
    mmaweekly reports Originally slated for Ed Herman vs Aaron Simpson, Herman is now fighting Wilson Gouveia after James Irvin had to back out due to injury. I like Dan Miller to win this bout by 2nd...
  25. Fedor : " the offer which we got was one kind, then on the Internet they published absolutely different offer "
    LINK
  26. Video of the Day: BJ Penn backtracking, appologetic for GSP-steroids comments
    BJ Penn’s recent public comments about Georges St-Pierre using steroids have probably led to Dana White giving him a verbal lashing for such an idiotic comment. It’s safe to say that the UFC probably...
  27. Joe Silva Talks Gegard Mousasi: "We Never Even Made an Offer to Mousasi"
    "Contrary to the claim made today by M-1 that Mousasi was on the phone during negotiations with Joe Silva for his services, Joe adamantly denies that is true. Had that been the case, there would have...
  28. Bring Your "A" Games, Fighters, Or Else...You're In Philly
    No, that wasn't Dana White's pre-UFC 101 pep talk to the fighters. That's a quote from Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission Executive Director Greg Sirb on what he's telling the fighters ahead of...
  29. WEC's long-awaited 125-pound weight class likely to come in early 2010
    World Extreme Cagefighting's long-awaited 125-pound division will likely be implemented and stocked for an early 2010 debut. That's the word from WEC co-founder and general manager Reed Harris, who...
  30. UFC president Dana White dishes insults, takes aim at rival "Strike-farce"
    PHILADELPHIA - It appears the friendly rivalry between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Strikeforce is no more. Although Dana White previously had been complimentary of Strikeforce and its...
  31. Fedor Emelianenko May Receive Strikeforce Title Shot in Debut After All
    Earlier this week, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said that he would like to "build" to a title fight between current Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem and the organization's newest big...
  32. Forrest Griffin Embraces Challenge of Solving Anderson Silva's Riddle
    PHILADELPHIA -- From the beginning, he's been the underdog. You want to talk about taking the hard road? In his first professional fight, Forrest Griffin didn't face a fellow rookie. He didn't even...
  33. Matt Lindland 'Very Confident' He Will Make Strikeforce Debut in Fall
    Matt Lindland was last seen losing to Vitor Belfort via knockout in just 37 seconds at "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" in January. Since then, his name has come up as a potential opponent for several...
  34. Wolfslair sign merchandising deal with TapouT
    Wolfslair co-owner, Anthony McGann told us tonight: “In another first by the Wolfslair gym and UK MMA, we are proud to announce we have done a major, major merchandising deal with TapouT and products...
  35. UFC 101 Weigh-Ins Results
    The weigh-ins for tomorrow's UFC 101 event are now in the books. Everyone made weight so all the fights are official. Also of note perhaps is that Amir Sadollah came in a whopping 3.5 pounds under...
  36. Edith fired for being hungover?
    Edith LeBelle is officially no longer a UFC Octagon girl, as fans suspected when they noticed she had been removed from the UFC site. "Something happened, but at this time, I can only confirm that...
  37. Wilson Gouveia Off 102 With Injury
    Ed Herman might've picked a bad time to step out of his UFN 19 fight for a UFC 102 fight. After James Irvin went down with an injury and was forced off UFC 102, Herman stepped up to be the...
  38. "Best of Pride" coming to Spike TV!
    "Best of Pride" coming to Spike TV! Check out some of the new programming to debut this year on Spike TV, including a series dedicated to the greatest fights in Pride history!!!!
  39. BJ Penn is a little small...
    “His intensity seemed forced, and he seemed a little small. I am ready to go five five-minute rounds, and we will see tomorrow night if he is ready too. I sacrificed a lot more than B.J. B.J. may...
  40. Nick Diaz vs. Jay Hieron On 8/15 May Be Off
    And now, your Strikeforce Bad Break Of The Day...Nick Diaz was supposed to take a drug test ahead of his 8/15 Strikeforce fight with Jay Hieron last night and trainer Cesar Gracie said he'd be there...
  41. MMA pioneer Don Frye out of Aug. 28 "M-1 Breakthrough," event moved to Kansas City
    M-1 Global's Aug. 28 event, "Breakthrough," has suffered another setback as Don Frye has backed out of the evening's main event. Frye's opponent, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, released the information in...
  42. UFC 101 Bonuses
    Anderson wins KO of the night and Fight of the night. BJ Penn wins sub of the night. UFC 101 bonuses
  43. Forrest Dislocated Jaw
    Aparently one of his trainers said it
  44. Dana White: "Tito is fighting Mark Coleman"
    During the post-fight press conference Dana White says who Tito Ortiz's next fight will be against: Mark Coleman. (30min mark) linky link
  45. Anderson Silva to Give Up Middleweight title and make move to LHW permanent
    link to story
  46. Griffin uninjured, not dealing well with loss
    Reports surfaced on Sunday that Griffin had suffered a jaw injury and that was the reason for his hasty exit, but MMAWeekly.com was able to confirm with representatives from Zinkin Entertainment,...
  47. 'King Mo' Lawal vs. Mark Kerr, Fedor Emelianenko vs. Gegard Mousasi Exhibition set for M-1 "Breakthrough"
    According to MMAJunkie, Don Frye has been replaced as headliner for M-1 Breakthrough: "M-1 Breakthrough" will now feature a main event between previously scheduled headliner "King" Mo Lawal and...
  48. Anderson Silva's Dominance Produces a New Set of Interesting Questions
    Anderson Silva wasn't lying when he stated that he's years ahead of the competition. At UFC 101 on Saturday, he showed the world exactly why he's one of the most feared strikers in the sport by...
  49. Strikeforce adds five prelim matchups, "Carano vs. Cyborg" now complete for Aug. 15
    With just five days remaining until Strikeforce conducts four championship bouts live on Showtime, the California-based organization has finally released the evening's full schedule for "Carano vs....
  50. WEC's Miguel Torres: "It's going to be fun to get my belt back" from Brian Bowles
    One look at former WEC bantamweight champ Miguel Torres' (37-2 MMA, 5-1 WEC) face was all it took to understand his feelings. Seated in an unfamiliar position on the losers' side of the table at...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556