MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Fabricio Werdum Off Strikeforce Card
    Fabricio Werdum will have to wait a little longer to make his Strikeforce debut. The Brazilian heavyweight, who was supposed to face Alistair Overeem for the Strikeforce heavyweight title on August...
  2. Women's MMA reality show
    Television producer Lyle Howry is quick to dismiss attempts to compare his new women's MMA reality show to "The Ultimate Fighter," but "TUF"-like success is very much his goal. "Ultimate Women...
  3. Fedor Emelianenko Changes the Game For Strikeforce, Showtime
    I've long believed that any MMA promotion wanting to compete with the UFC needed to do one of two things: Develop the best women's division in the sport, and sign Fedor Emelianenko. Strikeforce and...
  4. Georges St. Pierre looking to train with Lyoto Machida
    Coming off a dominating performance at the UFC’s most anticipated show ever, UFC 100, Georges St-Pierre has put a stamp on his weight class and is pondering a move up to seek new challenges. With...
  5. Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher targeted for UFC 104 in October
    A bout between perennial contenders Joe Stevenson (30-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Spencer Fisher (23-4 MMA, 8-3 UFC), who both make their 12th appearance in the octagon, is slated for October's UFC 104...
  6. Elvis Sinosic Talks About The Affliction Crash
    Elvis Sinosic Talks About The Affliction Crash I write this opinion as a fan, a fighter and a coach. It was sad to see the demise of another big MMA organization. To see Affliction collapse was sad....
  7. Randy Couture “Ready for UFC 102 and Nogueira”
    Randy Couture “Ready for UFC 102 and Nogueira” UFC Hall of Famer Randy “The Natural” Couture talks about his work with Autism, Shaquille O’Neal, his new supplement products, the Xtreme Couture blood...
  8. MMA 101 with Forrest Griffin (Episode One)
    Forrest Griffin, as cool as always featured in a cool little video. He talks about the mental aspect of training, his book, Anderson Silva... MMA 101 with Forrest Griffin (Episode One)
  9. After MMAJunkie.com Story, Tim Kennedy Gets Wish Of Military/MMA Career
    Even heroes need heroes sometimes. Special Forces Operator Tim Kennedy is tough as nails. He has been blown up and shot at, and he kept moving toward the enemy. He's one of the best shooters in the...
  10. LARSON VS. PIERCE AT UFN 19
    Welterweights Brock Larson and Mike Pierce will meet at Ultimate Fight Night: Diaz vs. Guillard on Sept. 16, MMAWeekly has learned from sources close to the fight. Ultimate Fight Night 19 will take...
  11. SEVERAL FIGHTERS ANNOUNCED FOR SENGOKU 10
    Following Sunday’s Sengoku 9, World Victory Road held a press conference revealing several of the participants for its next event. Sengoku 10 is slated to take place Sept. 23 at the Saitama Community...
  12. ON AGAIN, OFF AGAIN; WERDUM BACK ON VS. KYLE
    After several initial reports, including one on MMAWeekly.com, that Fabricio Werdum had been removed from the Strikeforce “Carano vs. Cyborg” fight card, MMAWeekly.com has now confirmed that he will...
  13. IN THE SHADOW; WEC GROWTH DEMANDS EXPANSION
    While most of the attention over the past couple of weeks has been on Affliction’s downfall, Fedor’s dealings with the UFC and subsequent signing with Strikeforce, and the UFC’s first foray into...
  14. WEC 42: Frank Mir on 'Phenomenal' Takeya Mizugaki vs. Jeff Curran
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir will be the color commentator for WEC 42 Sunday night on Versus, and all this week he's providing his insight into the WEC fights. Today I ask Mir about...
  15. New York Times Covers Fedor Emeliananko Dissing the UFC
    Man Considered World’s Top Fighter Rejects His Sport’s Top Brand By R.M. SCHNEIDERMAN New York Times Published: August 3, 2009 Fedor Emelianenko, a champion mixed martial arts fighter from Russia,...
  16. The Consequences of War: the UFC Money Drain Will Soon Make Strikeforce its Primary Target
    Strikeforce made a big play today by signing Fedor. But what did they get, and at what long term cost? Fedor Emelianenko is a superstar among MMA fans, but the costs of using him have also sunk...
  17. Fedor Emelianenko to Strikeforce, UFC Declares War, What Does It All Mean?
    Well, the Fedor has hit the proverbial fan, or should I say the fans. There is debate as to whether or not this is a game changer. Michael David Smith says yes: I've long believed that any MMA...
  18. Jim Miller vs Thiago Tavares UFC 103 fight announced for Sept. 19
    It was recently announced that Jim Miller (14-2) and Thiago Tavares (14-3) will collide in a lightweight showdown at UFC 103 from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, on Sept. 19. Miller is...
  19. MMA QUICK NOTE: Gina Carano plans on keeping the load right where it’s at
    “When I first started in Showtime I was called the pet project: ‘Here, I’m going to help you out and put you on this show.’ In my head, I’m like, I train and work out like everyone else. They like to...
  20. Jake Shields to Fight for Strikeforce Interim Middleweight Championship in October
    With Cung Le missing in action for more than a year to focus on a career in the movies, Jake Shields has been tabbed to fight for an interim championship made in his absence against an opponent yet...
  21. Scott Coker on Fedor vs. Overeem: ‘Let’s build that fight up’
    “FEDOR SIGNS WITH STRIKEFORCE”, screamed the headlines all over the Internet yesterday afternoon. After close to two weeks of frantic behind the scenes negotiations with every single one of the major...
  22. Griffin vs. Franca back on UFC 103 main card, Escudero vs. Miller demoted to prelims
    A day after the Ultimate Fighting Championship bumped a Tyson Griffin (13-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) vs. Hermes Franca (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) bout to the preliminary card, the organization has returned the...
  23. UFC still dominates MMA
    After Fedor Emelianenko signed with Strikeforce, I wrote that he was a game changer, and that the combination of the heavyweight champion of MMA and the best women's division in MMA made Strikeforce...
  24. Aaron Riley: There Will Be Resolution This Time Around Against Shane Nelson
    Aaron Riley will be fighting Shane Nelson for the second time at this Saturday's UFC 101, but don't tell Riley it's a rematch. The experienced lightweight out of Seattle lost in 44 seconds at UFC 96...
  25. NY Times profile: Carano a very secluded person
    LAS VEGAS — Gina Carano lives on a cul-de-sac where all the houses look the same. For companionship, she puts up two pit bulls and a convicted felon. She stays out of nightclubs, maintains few...
  26. Despite Strikeforce contract, Fedor Emelianenko can still compete in Japan
    Although Fedor Emelianenko has been signed to a three-fight, one-year deal, Strikeforce officials will still permit the heavyweight fighter to compete overseas, including in Japan. Strikeforce...
  27. Strikeforce, DREAM to Enter Partnership
    Strikeforce and DREAM are expected to announce a partnership shortly that could see an exchange of fighters between the two promotions. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker revealed Monday night in a radio...
  28. The Strikeforce/DREAM Alliance Could Bring Crossover Battles We Crave
    Scott Coker mentioned in the TapouT radio show yesterday that there will be a press conference in Japan regarding a new alliance with DREAM that could potentially bring a large amount of overseas...
  29. Mighty Mouse: Miguel Torres WEC 42 interview exclusive with MMAmania.com
    If you walk past the unassuming 5’10,” 135-pound Miguel Torres on the street you would never know he is one of the best mixed martial arts fighters in the world. Just watch him fight in the cage and...
  30. On Fedor and the MMA Hardcore Community
    I don’t know what happened. One day things were as per normal in the internet MMA community, the next thing people have gone certified insane. Maybe the blame should go to Josh Barnett for starting...
    Pages: 2
  31. Sean Sherk vs. Gleison Tibau shifted from UFC 103 to UFC 104 in October
    A lightweight bout between Sean Sherk (33-4-1 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Gleison Tibau (12-7 MMA, 5-4 UFC), first targeted for UFC 103 in September, will instead take place in October at UFC 104. Sources...
  32. Assessing Strikeforce's Chances to Make a Go of Promoting Fedor Emelianenko
    Dave Meltzer breaks it down. After pointing out that Fedor will be marketed as the No. 1 heavyweight and the legitimate champion in the world as long as he doesn't lose, Meltzer concedes that none...
  33. Shonie Carter vs. Derrick Noble set for Vendetta FC in September
    With over 100 total professional Mixed Martial Arts bouts between them, and more than twenty years of combined in-ring experience, it might surprise some to find out Derrick Noble and Shonie Carter...
  34. Sadollah’s Post-TUF journey restarts at UFC 101
    Amir Sadollah swept onto the UFC scene in 2008, light on experience but heavy on skills, talent and heart. In the process, he became the middleweight winner of The Ultimate Fighter’s seventh season,...
  35. James Irvin Withdraws From UFC 102 Fight Against Wilson Gouveia
    James Irvin has beed forced to withdraw from his scheduled middleweight debut against Wilson Gouveia, which was to take place on August 29 at UFC 102 in Portland, Oregon, after suffering what is...
  36. Strikeforce Signs Ronaldo Souza, DREAM 11 Fight Off?
    GracieMag is reporting that Middleweight Ronaldo Souza has signed with Strikeforce. He's expected to debut for the promotion this fall, which obviously casts some doubt on whether his planned rematch...
  37. ABC says old weight classes just fine, clears up "back of the head" definition and more
    The Association of Boxing Commissions recently held its annual conference in New Orleans, and a number of revisions and clarifications to the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts were approved by the...
  38. STRIKEFORCE AND DREAM FORMALIZING "ALLIANCE"
    Halfway around the globe, Dream is expected to announce an “alliance” with Strikeforce, the result of a longstanding relationship between Scott Coker and the Japanese promotion. The Strikeforce CEO...
  39. SPRATT INJURES KNEE, EYES OCTOBER RETURN
    It’s been an uncharacteristically slow year for former UFC welterweight Pete “Secret Weapon” Spratt. After a disappointing 2008 that saw him go 1-3, Spratt spent the better part of the first half of...
  40. Frank Mir Breaks Down Dominick Cruz vs. Joseph Benavidez
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir will be the color commentator for WEC 42 Sunday night on Versus, and all this week he's providing his insight into the WEC fights. Today I ask Mir about the...
  41. Randy Couture: Battle Has Begun Between UFC and Strikeforce
    In addition to being one of the best fighters in MMA history, Randy Couture is known as one of the most knowledgeable observers of the sport, regarding both what happens inside the cage and the...
  42. Pat Miletich Hopes to Bury the Hatchet With Dana White at UFC 101
    Dana White recently settled his differences with rivals Affliction and Tito Ortiz. Could Pat Miletich be next? The MMA legend told FanHouse on Tuesday that he is hoping to sit down with White at UFC...
  43. How Does Strikeforce Solve a Problem Like Fedor Emelianenko?
    The idea that Emelianenko won't be granted an immediate shot is a dubious one, and for a number of reasons: 1. "Let's build that fight up" isn't the sort of thinking that's conducive to good business...
  44. COKER ON FEDOR DEAL: "I don't think this will escalate."
    If a line has been drawn in the sand between the promotion that most thought deserved Fedor Emelianenko and the promotion that actually got him, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker certainly doesn’t see it....
  45. Top trainer Greg Jackson hopes striking manual "The Stand Up Game" can benefit all
    Hardly a weekend goes by that top MMA trainer and namesake of the New Mexico-based camp Jackson's Mixed Martial Arts, Greg Jackson, isn't in the corner of a world-class fighter. But somewhere between...
  46. Paul Daley vs. Brian Foster at UFC 103
    The first of former Cage Rage welterweight champion Paul Daley's current four-fight contract with the UFC will be against Brian Foster at UFC 103 on Sept. 19 in Dallas. UFC president Dana White...
  47. Commission Clarifies "Back of the Head" Rules for MMA
    The Association of Boxing Commissions recently held its annual conference in New Orleans, and a number of revisions and clarifications to the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts were approved by the...
  48. Kendall Grove: ‘I’m going to break’ Ricardo Almeida at UFC 101
    “[When Almeida fought] Cote, I learned a lot. Keep my level low. He does get frustrated when he can’t control you on the ground, when you shut down takedowns, he breaks as a fighter, but I’m a firm...
  49. Top 10: Brock Lesnar Killers
    “The Next Big Thing” is now the “it thing” in the UFC: Brock Lesnar is the undisputed king of the heavyweight division. Given his arrogant behavior after his win over Frank Mir at UFC 100, there’s a...
  50. Shane Roller ready to erase memory of April loss with WEC 42 bout against Marcus Hicks
    For WEC lightweight Shane Roller (5-2 MMA, 2-1 WEC), a former collegiate wrestling national champion, his wrestling pedigree has been the base for his initial MMA success But after his disappointing...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549