MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Kimbo Slice: ‘I can’t just come with one dimension; I’ll get smashed’
    As the mixed martial arts community prepares itself for the most anticipated season of the highly successful Ultimate Fighter series, much of the attention has been centered around one man. The...
  2. UFC 100 competitors test clean for drugs
    All 13 fighters who were tapped to undergo drug testing at this past weekend's UFC 100 passed their tests. Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today emailed the test...
  3. Wanderlei Silva honored with the key to the City of Pensacola, Florida (Pic and video)
    For more background click here. The “Axe Murderer” was also in town to sponsor the start of Alex Silva Ruas’ — a fourth degree blackbelt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu — MMA gym. One more pic and a video of the...
  4. Brock Lesnar backlash following UFC 100 antics brims with double standards
    There have been 61 fighters in UFC history who were pro wrestlers at one point or another. There are nine on the current UFC roster. Of the six fighters in the UFC Hall of Fame, three – Ken Shamrock,...
  5. Miletich & White Headed For Reconciliation?
    It would seem that Dana White has really been busy with bridge repairs lately. First the rumors he's made up with Tito Ortiz and now there are rumors similar is in the works with Pat Miletich....
  6. Filho Back To Brazil After DREAM
    It's not taking long for Paulo Filho to get fights lined up for him. After his matchup with Melvin Manhoef at Monday's DREAM 10, it's back to Brazil to face Alex Schoenauer at Bitetti Combat's...
  7. Lavar Washington Update: Teen Girl Arrested In Connection With Shooting
    A 15-year-old girl who is suspected of being involved in an early-morning July 5 shooting that killed one and left Strikeforce veteran Lavar Johnson hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the abdomen...
  8. Bad timing: Thiago Alves knows he can beat Georges St. Pierre
    “I have nothing to say, he was better than me that night and now I have to go back to my training and work hard to get this belt. There are a lot of thing in my camp that was a mistake. Now I see the...
  9. Cro Cop comments on UFC deal
    "I'm pleased with my return to UFC, the only global mma organization. Unfortunately, every other organization is far beyond UFC. DREAM cannot compete with Americans in sports or financial terms. The...
  10. Fedor: ‘I don’t think you’ll see me in the UFC’
    When is Fedor Emelianenko coming to the UFC? Well, according to “The Last Emperor” himself, the odds of that happening anytime soon aren’t looking too good. We all know the storyline, The UFC says...
  11. Randy Couture willing to return to LHW for Machida
    Could a drop to 205 pounds be in UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture’s future? How realistic a move that is may be left to fans’ speculation, but “The Natural” has made one thing certain – he is...
  12. Gsp will not need surgery for groin injury at ufc 100
    A groin injury suffered by UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in his UFC 100 victory over Thiago Alves on July 11 won’t require surgery, it was announced on Saturday, with the 170-pound...
  13. Jon Fitch eyes rematch with Georges St. Pierre, won't face teammate to get it
    Fitch lost a unanimous decision to St. Pierre at UFC 87 in August 2008, the welterweight's only loss in 11 trips to the octagon. Two wins since the loss have placed him squarely back in title...
  14. DREAM 11 Pushed Back To October 6
    Despite previous reports of a September 23 date, DREAM announced today that DREAM 11 has been pushed back to October 6. No reason given for the change but it could be because of World Victory Road...
  15. Dream 10 Official Results
    Dream 10 Official Results Dream 10 is now in the books, and it will go down as one of the more exciting fight cards of the year, as a new welterweight Grand Prix champion is crowned! Check out the...
  16. UFC DOMINATION & ZUFFA'S AGE OF IMPERIALISM
    UFC president Dana White has never been shy about revealing a broad overview of his business plans for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. It can be summed up in two simple words: world domination....
  17. AMIR SADOLLAH'S OCTAGON EDUCATION CONTINUES
    Reminiscent of the days that Rashad Evans graced his own season of The Ultimate Fighter, Amir Sadollah had all the odds stacked up against him going into TUF. Season 7, coached by two of the UFC’s...
  18. Future of Affliction at stake with 8/1
    Affliction's event next month is dubbed "Trilogy." A more accurate moniker might be "Finale." Rumors have swirled in the mixed martial arts industry about the promotion's ultimate demise ever since...
  19. Henderson-Franklin II to Headline UFC 103
    Their first bout split the mixed martial arts community, making it obvious that they needed more than 15 minutes to settle their score. On Saturday, September 19th, UFC superstars Dan Henderson and...
    Pages: 2
  20. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Don Frye signed for M-1 Global's first "major show" on Aug. 28
    Ready to host its own major shows (rather than co-promoting with other organizations), M-1 Global will kick off a new era of fight promotion on Aug. 28 with a main event of top prospect Muhammed...
  21. Matt Hamill out 3-4 weeks, Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brandon Vera at UFC 102 (Updated)
    An intriguing light-heavyweight bout between Matt Hamill (6-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Brandon Vera (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) has been scratched from UFC 102's main card and will be replaced by a Vera vs....
  22. Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen 3 at Dream 11
    Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen 3 at Dream 11 FEG has today announced the rubber match between the two lightweights, as the Dream lightweight title will be on the line at Dream 11.
  23. Funny Dana interview....
    Link
  24. Eliot Marshall vs. Jason Brilz set for UFC 103
    A light-heavyweight bout between "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member Eliot Marshall (7-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and fellow light heavyweight Jason Brilz (17-1-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) is set for UFC 103. The fight...
  25. UFC Fight Night adds Cantwell vs Stann
    Cantwell vs Stann Rubber Match Added to UFC Fight Night in September It was a competitive rivalry that began in the WEC, with each man owning a knockout win over the other. On Wednesday, September...
  26. Seth Petruzelli's first post-Kimbo Slice fight comes Aug. 22 at Art of Fighting 4
    In his first fight since a stunning 14-second knockout of Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson in late 2008, Seth Petruzelli (10-4) returns at Art of Fighting 4 to take on Tampa-area police officer and...
  27. GEGARD MOUSASI: "IT'S NOT A JIU-JITSU FIGHT"
    Gegard Mousasi has plenty of options when he faces Renato “Babalu” Sobral at Affliction “Trilogy” in on Aug. 1. The Iranian-born resident of the Netherlands believes it’s important to fight opponents...
  28. PFC (PALACE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP) SHUTS DOWN, TACHI PALACE MOVING ON
    The Palace Fighting Championship is no more. Well, at least in its most recent form. MMAWeekly.com on Monday night was able to confirm with multiple sources that the Palace Fighting Championship has...
  29. Despite MMA Success, Bobby Lashley Still Wants to Be a Pro Wrestler
    Bobby Lashley officially announced that he signed with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling last week. In the above video, which aired on Sunday's "TNA: Victory Road" pay-per-view telecast, Lashley tells...
  30. Jesse Taylor a Perfect Fit for DREAM
    Jesse Taylor's DREAM debut garnered as much buzz as any of the major fights on Monday's card. Unfortunately, the bout was only officially announced a couple of days ago, leaving very little time for...
  31. Muhsin Corbbrey signs five-fight deal with WEC
    Professional mixed martial artist, kickboxer and boxer Muhsin Corbbrey has signed an exclusive five-fight deal with the WEC. The announcement of the signing comes courtesy of a recent report made by...
  32. Justin McCully vs. Mike Russo and Tim Hague vs. Todd Duffee complete UFC 102 card
    With the addition of two heavyweights bout on the preliminary card, the lineup for UFC 102 is now complete with a total of 11 fights. "UFC 102: Couture vs. Nogueira" takes place at the Rose Center in...
  33. Diego Sanchez Guaranteed Shot at UFC Title
    According to lightweight Diego Sanchez, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta and president Dana White have told him that he will be meeting the winner of the lightweight title bout between champion BJ Penn...
  34. Ask the Doc: Can groin injuries like Georges St-Pierre's severely hinder a fighting career?
    Ever since Georges St-Pierre completed the third round of his UFC 100 bout and complained of a groin injury (and trainer Greg Jackson humorously told GSP to hit opponent Thiago Alves with it),...
  35. UFC ‘Fights of the Year’ for 2009 … so far
    Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 9 Finale Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva at UFC 99 Cain Velasquez vs. Cheick Kongo at UFC 99 Martin Kampmann vs. Carlos Condit at UFC...
  36. Jesse Taylor wants the best Japan has to offer
    “I feel great, it’s a win, it’s my first time here, definitely not my last. I really like being here in Japan and fighting here, I love the audience. I really loved it out here but I really wish you...
  37. Rich Franklin "assuming" UFC 103 fight with Dan Henderson at 205 pounds
    A recently announced UFC 103 main event between Rich Franklin and Dan Henderson, two fighters who have bounced between the middleweight and light-heavyweight divisions, will likely be contested at...
  38. WEC signs undefeated lightweight Dave Jansen, debut set for WEC 43 in September
    World Extreme Cagefighting has signed undefeated lightweight prospect Dave Jansen (12-0) to a multi-fight deal, and the 29-year-old Team Quest fighter will make his promotional debut at WEC 43 in...
  39. Despite looking for "big challenges," light heavyweight Gegard Mousasi not rushing to UFC
    Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) isn't busy preparing for just one fight; he's getting ready for two. With an Aug. 1 bout with submission ace Renato "Babalu" Sobral at "Affliction: Trilogy" nearing, Mousasi...
  40. UFC 100 officially nets second-largest gate in company history with $5.13 million
    UFC 100 officially drew 10,871 attendees (9,793 paid) for a live gate of $5,128,490, Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer today confirmed in an email to MMAjunkie.com...
  41. OVEREEM INJURY PERSISTS; TITLE BOUT IN JEOPARDY
    Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem is struggling with complications from a hand injury sustained in a bar brawl and may not be able to defend his title against Fabricio Werdum at...
  42. Mirko Cro Cop: Brock Lesnar Winning the UFC Title Is a Defeat for MMA
    It's been fascinating to see the reaction to Brock Lesnar becoming the undisputed UFC heavyweight champion by defeating Frank Mir at UFC 100: The response is just about evenly split between those who...
  43. Michael Bisping: Dan Henderson Did What I Would Have Done at UFC 100
    Dan Henderson has been criticized in some quarters for punching an unconscious Michael Bisping at the end of their fight at UFC 100, and then saying he landed the punch just to shut Bisping up. But...
  44. Kimo Leopoldo Update: NOT DEAD
    Despite earlier reports that he had died, Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole has confirmed that former UFC fighter Kimo Leopoldo is alive and well. Iole spoke to Kimo's attorney who said that "Kimo has...
  45. Fedor-Barnett Bout in Jeopardy
    Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. Multiple sources have told...
  46. Belfort agrees in principle to face Fedor on 11 days notice
    Vitor Belfort has agreed in principle to face the world’s No. 1 heavyweight on 11 days’ notice, according to two separate sources close to the negotiations. LINK this is the recent update to the...
  47. Franklin Signs New UFC Deal, Possibly His Last
    Rich Franklin may be playing his final "Ace" card in MMA. He recently signed a new 6-fight deal with the promotion, but also said that, depending on "the pace of the fights", it could be his final...
  48. Rumor: Jake Shields in for Vitor Belfort against Jorge Santiago
    http://www.mmatraining.com/featured/rumour-jake-shields-vs-jorge-santiago-at-affliction-3/ Great replacement, but I don't want to see an out of shape Jake Shields diving for takedowns and gassing...
  49. Barnett Issues Statement On Drug Test
    Although his manager said interviews on ths issue would be granted after working with the CSAC, Josh Barnett today made a posting on his Myspace blog regarding his failed drug test that has forced...
  50. Still reeling from false death reports, "Kimo" Leopoldo searching for answers, apologies
    If you're still having a hard time figuring out how a forum post from an internet message board resulted in the false reporting of an MMA pioneer's death, you're not the only one. On today's edition...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569