MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Severs Ties With Setanta Sports
    Those of you over in Europe used to watching UFC on Setanta now must get your fix elsewhere. The financial instability of the network has caused it to lose it's deal with UFC. Negotiations to get UFC...
  2. Takanori Gomi To UFC?
    Possible. In a recent interview, Gomi confirmed that he has offers from both UFC an dAffliction and is negotiating with both. Gomi also says his next fight will be in the US and he wants current UFC...
  3. Richie Whitson Final TUF 9 Q&A
    8. After watching all of the episodes was there anything of note that didn’t get shown on TV? Richie Whitson – Yes, after me and Jason Pierce got into the argument that you saw on TV. Santino and I...
  4. Carwin vs. Velasquez possible main event for UFC 103... Franklin vs Lidell rumored
    A heavyweight contenders fight between prospects Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez could serve as the co-main event for UFC 103 on September 19th in Dallas, sources have told Inside Fights. Another...
  5. Michael Bisping May Be Better Than You Think
    If you believe Phil Baroni and a recent training session he had with Bisping. He says the most surprising thing about Bisping is that "he's fast, he's an athlete" and believes he's underrated....
  6. Chris Lytle's post-UFC career could include political run in Indiana
    Fulltime firefighter, professional boxer, star mixed-martial-arts fighter, devoted family man. Could Renaissance Man and UFC welterweight Chris Lytle's list of job responsibilities soon include...
  7. Quote of the Day: Joe Rogan Talks MMA Judging
    TM: You've seen a lot of good judging and a lot of bad judging over the years, and a lot of good refereeing and bad refereeing. What's your natural reaction when you see a judging or refereeing...
  8. Technically Speaking: Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Gina Carano
    August 15th is a little under two months away, but there is already a hot buzz surrounding the women's MMA scene. Strikeforce has managed to line up potentially one of the most anticipated matchups...
  9. SYLVIA WILL STILL FIGHT; ADRENALINE WILL RETURN
    Adrenaline MMA promoter Monte Cox says in the fight business, things can go either way. Things like your choice of fights, venue, and production budget. It can take very little to change a proposed...
  10. CONTROVERSY OR NOT, TIM KENNEDY MOVES ON
    Nowadays it’s almost commonplace that if there’s an MMA show, there’s some sort of controversy. Case in point, this past Friday’s ShoMMA: Strikeforce Challengers Series event. During the second round...
  11. How Likely Is Vitor Belfort-UFC Deal? Just Follow the Evidence
    Last week, UFC President Dana White surprised a few people by saying that he'd like to put together a matchup between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and current Affliction middleweight Vitor...
  12. Michael Bisping on Dan Henderson: I'll Be the First to Knock Him Out
    Michael Bisping is an underdog in his UFC 100 fight with Dan Henderson, but he's sounding increasingly confident as the fight approaches. "He's got a vicious right hand with a lot of power in it --...
  13. Keep an Eye on Tomasz Drwal
    Saturday night's Ultimate Fighter Finale featured five televised fights, three of which won co-Fight of the Night honors and the other two which crowned the winners of The Ultimate Fighter reality...
  14. Shane Carwin: Brock Lesnar ‘is a freaking liar’
    Threat to the UFC heavyweight crown and human wrecking machine Shane Carwin has recently been on the receiving end of a few rumors that have him mad as hell, and he’s not going to take it anymore....
  15. Randy Hedderick is ready to beat Tom Atencio’s ass at ‘Ultimate Chaos’
    "This is a huge opportunity for me. I’ve been working hard and training non-stop. So many people have come up to me saying, ‘Beat his ass,’ and that’s what I’m going to try and do. I’m a stand-up...
  16. 2 More Fights Added To Sengoku 9 Card
    World Victory Road has today added 2 more fights to Sengoku 9 on August 2. A Heavyweight bout between Yoshihiro Nakao and Mu Bae Choi joins a Lightweight bout between Eiji Mitsuoka & Clay French as...
  17. UFC 102: Too Many Good Fights, Not Enough Pay-Per-View Time
    The news that a heavyweight fight between Gabriel Gonzaga and Chris Tuchscherer has been officially added to the UFC 102 fight card reminds me of something I've been thinking about for a while now:...
  18. Mikey Burnett: Fight with Pat Miletich in the works for Strikeforce event in Oklahoma
    Early UFC pioneers Mikey Burnett (5-2) and first-ever UFC welterweight champion Pat Miletich (29-7-2) could meet at a future Strikeforce event in Tulsa, Okla. That's the word from Burnett, who posted...
  19. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer official for UFC 102 preliminary card
    A heavyweight bout between UFC veteran Gabriel Gonzaga (10-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and octagon newcomer Chris Tuchscherer (17-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been officially added to the UFC 102 fight card. UFC 102...
  20. Is PRIDE-Style Judging Criteria the Answer? Absolutely Not.
    Without trying to beat a dead horse on the issue regarding judging, the discussion revolving around the current MMA judging model is definitely an intriguing debate. After The Ultimate Fighter Season...
  21. Mixed Martial Arts and the UFC Doing Well, Still Not in Major Leagues
    The crowd of 21,451 that turned out for UFC 97 in April not only set a North American attendance record for MMA, it also topped this year's average home attendance of four Major League Baseball...
  22. Will Blagoi Ivanov Become the Next Great Heavyweight Fighter in Japan?
    Monikered as the "Man Who Beat Fedor", Blagoi Ivanov has an interesting set of tasks to deal with in the coming months. He'll make his MMA debut on August 2nd at Sengoku IX against former PRIDE...
  23. WEC and PFC vet Poppies Martinez newest Strikeforce lightweight, debuts Aug. 15
    Poppies "The Tachi Kid" Martinez (16-5), a former World Extreme Cagefighting fighter and Palace Fighting Championships title-holder, will further bolster Strikeforce's quickly filling lightweight...
  24. With broken hand healed, Houston Alexander working ground game for fall UFC return
    Now recovered from a broken hand that forced him out of a scheduled UFC 98 fight with Andre Gusmao, UFC light heavyweight Houston Alexander is planning a late summer or early fall return to the...
  25. Jamie Varner Still Injured, Interim WEC Lightweight Belt Possible
    Jamie Varner posted a tweet on the status of his injury: I just got out of the Docs and hand is still fractured. I'm really upset. I thought I was ready, my hand doesn't even hurt, but the doc pulled...
  26. Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow confirmed for UFC 102
    A rumored heavyweight match-up between heavyweights Todd Duffee and Mike Russow is a done deal for UFC 102 in August. Sources close to the fight Wednesday confirmed the news to MMAWeekly.com, stating...
  27. Lee Murray released from jail!!
    haha... this guy's life is amazing! Someone needs to make a movie out of his life http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090624/tuk-53m-heist-suspect-will-not-be-extrad-45dbed5.html also reported on espn
  28. UFC bans more sponsors
    According to the article the UFC has banned Dethrone, One More Round, and Rolling Stone. The UFC has also banned online poker sponsors for UFC 100 Full Tilt Poker, Ultimate Bet, and Party Poker. To...
  29. Top Ten Euro Prospects
    For the first time in nine seasons, “The Ultimate Fighter” featured a country versus country theme between the United States and the United Kingdom. Even though critics were quick to point out that...
  30. Ten Questions for Minotauro Nogueira
    10 years of fighting, four title belts, 31 wins and a couple of million dollars in his bank account. You might think it’s time for Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira to retire. The heavyweight...
  31. Strikeforce's Lyle Beerbohm happy with win, but TV slot and title shot on short list of goals
    Unless you bought a ticket for this past weekend's "Strikeforce Challengers: Villasenor vs. Cyborg" in Kent., Wash., you didn't get a chance to see lightweight Lyle Beerbohm's (10-0) first-round...
  32. UFC confirms list of 30-plus fighters for meet-and-greets at 2009 UFC Fan Expo
    Billed as a "fight fan's dream event," the UFC's first-ever Fan Expo, scheduled for July 10 and 11 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, will feature an astounding amount of current and...
  33. Latest B.J. Penn video blog should squelch rumors about a possible UFC 101 withdrawal
    Rumors about B.J. Penn possibly pulling out of UFC 101, recently fueled by Diego Sanchez's comments that he could be ready to fight Kenny Florian at UFC 101, took a hit today with Penn's latest video...
  34. WEC and PFC vet Poppies Martinez newest Strikeforce lightweight, debuts Aug. 15
    Poppies "The Tachi Kid" Martinez (16-5), a former World Extreme Cagefighting fighter and Palace Fighting Championships title-holder, will further bolster Strikeforce's quickly filling lightweight...
  35. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Talks Frank Mir and Randy Couture
    The former PRIDE and UFC champ talks about his injuries before facing Frank Mir and his UFC 102 battle with Randy Couture: STORY
  36. NEW CAMP GIVES JOE STEVENSON NEW LIFE
    First bursting on to the mainstream MMA scene due to his stint on “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series, former King of the Cage champion Joe Stevenson quickly made a name for himself in his new home...
  37. NOONS BACK TO MMA IN 2009, STRIKEFORCE LIKELY
    The last time MMA fans saw K.J. Noons he was blasting his way through his firs title defense as the EliteXC lightweight champion, but lately the native Hawaiian has gone back to his first love, which...
  38. Brian Bowles: Every Champion Gets Beaten; I'm the Guy to Beat Miguel Torres
    Brian Bowles is widely regarded as the No. 2 bantamweight in mixed martial arts, but in the bantamweight division, there's a wide gulf between the No. 1 fighter, World Extreme Cagefighting champion...
  39. UFC Quick Quote: Jon Jones thinks Lyoto Machida is ‘very beatable’
    “I think Machida is getting a lot of hype, and I know he has lots of big wins over a lot of big fighters, and a lot of experience over me. I don’t think he’s Christ; I think he’s very beatable....
  40. UFC 100 commemorative magazine now on newstands
    Extra, extra! Read all about it: “Now on newsstands, the UFC 100 commemorative magazine will take you closer to the Octagon than ever before. STORY
  41. Brock Lesnar interview that angered Shane Carwin exposed as fake
    One of the most talked about topics in mixed martial arts over the past 24 hours has been the interview with Brock Lesnar posted on GroundNPound.org that quoted the current UFC heavyweight champion...
  42. WEC Quick Quote: ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone doesn’t want to wait for Jamie Varner, eyes UFC debut
    “Jaime Varner is what’s next but apparently he hurt his hand again. I don’t know if he is going to be ready or if they are thinking about an interim title. Right now it is kind of up in the air. The...
  43. Live fast: An MMAmania.com interview exclusive with Affliction’s Tom Atencio
    In life, a man can wear many hats. Some are forced upon us and some we freely choose. For Tom Atencio, the latter is the case when it comes to fighting. Atencio is well recognized for his role as...
  44. Who’s next up for the UFC Hall of Fame?
    On July 10, just one day prior to the most symbolic event in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, two men will be transformed into legends of the octagon as they are honored by being...
  45. Kimbo Slice vs. Chuck Liddell Just Makes Sense
    Something tells me that deep down Chuck Liddell wants that one last fight. Liddell is the most popular fighter on the planet and a proud former champion to boot, there’s no way a fighter with his...
  46. Interesting Developments in the Case of Satoshi Ishii
    According to Yahoo! Japan, Satoshi Ishii's debut will likely be pushed back to Sengoku XI on November 7th instead of the rumored debut date of August 2nd. Sengoku's public relations' department cited...
  47. Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin targeted for September's UFC 103 in Dallas
    A lightweight bout between Hermes Franca (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Tyson Griffin (13-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will take place in September at UFC 103. Sources close to the fighters told MMAjunkie.com...
  48. Shinya Aoki Takes Offense to Question About His Pants
    Shinya Aoki is one of the best lightweights in mixed martial arts, and he's the most exciting submission artist in the sport. And Aoki, who fights in the Japanese Dream promotion, is also well known...
  49. Lee Murray Re-Arrested on $92 Million Bank Heist Charges in Morocco
    Lee Murray's freedom was short-lived. The ex-UFC fighter who is one of the most wanted men in the UK for allegedly masterminding a $92 million cash depot heist in Tonbridge, has been re-arrested in...
  50. Frank Lester released from his UFC contract
    It appears that welterweight Frank Lester has run out of chances to land a spot on the roster of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Sources informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com late Wednesday night that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540