MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Faber Talks Brown Loss, Surgery, Aldo, More
    Despite losing almost everything against Mike Brown except his positive spirit, Urijah Faber can't wait to get back in the cage. A day after the WEC 41 loss he talked about the fight, Jose Aldo, and...
  2. Bellator Announces Final Event For 6/19
    Bellator Fighting Championships today revealed the card for it's final first season event, Bellator 12 on 6/19. The 7-fight card is headlined by the Lightweight and Middleweight Tournament finals,...
  3. UFC Fighters Weigh In On Kimbo
    Four top UFC fighters have given their opinion on Kevin 'Kimbo Slice' Ferguson joining the cast of The Ultimate Fighter season ten. Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva, Marcus Davis and Dan Hardy gave...
  4. UFC 99: Mike Swick Looking for Impressive Win, Seeks "Big Fight"
    Mike Swick (13-2) vs. Ben Saunders (7-0-2) could easily be considered one of the best matchups at UFC 99. The welterweight tilt will pit two Ultimate Fighter alums in what could be deemed a situation...
  5. UFC 99: MUSTAPHA AL-TURK READY FOR CRO COP
    If a man is less than fazed about the return of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic to the UFC, it is British heavyweight Mustapha Al-Turk. “I was initially taken aback at the announcement, but hey, it’s a big...
  6. UFC 99 IS AT 195, BUT 205 IS FRANKLIN'S HOME
    Rich Franklin has caught the catchweight fever, but don’t expect him to fall below 205 pounds for the foreseeable future. This Saturday, the former middleweight champion headlines UFC 99 with...
  7. Nick Diaz Could Fight At Light Heavyweight
    So says Cesar Gracie, who also notes that Diaz would be willing to fight at ANY weight except Lightweight, which is now out of the question. Wherever the big fights are, Gracie says. Article
    Pages: 2
  8. Despite Headaches, UFC 99 & 101 Nearly Sold Out
    Resistance be damned, UFC president Dana White says UFC 99 will go on. The promotion’s first trip to Germany hasn’t exactly been smooth sailing. Front page news decrying mixed martial arts as a...
  9. Something To Prove, CroCop Returns To The UFC
    For Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic motivation is the sole reason he fights at an elite level. The Croatian kickboxer turned MMA fighter Tuesday spoke to the media of his return to the UFC after a 21-month...
  10. UFC Signs Cro Cop For UFC 99 On Verbal Agreement, No Contract
    When asked on a conference call Tuesday how many fights Cro Cop had on his new UFC contract, White said it was up in the air. "Mirko and I are working on that still," White said. "Mirko Cro Cop ended...
  11. Andrei Arlovski: ‘I got my ass kicked, it’s that simple’
    From The Pitbull's Website: The loss bothers me, it hurts me. I have to do something about this. (Brett Rogers) had a good record, but I thought he was not the top like Fedor or Barnett. It was my...
  12. Dana White's UFC 99 Video Blog - Episode 1
    Dana White's UFC 99 Video Blog - Episode 1 Check out Dana's latest blog as he hangs out at WEC 41, gets some picks for UFC 99, and more!
  13. Carwin Cleared To Spar, Targeting Fall Return
    Coming off a badly broken nose suffered in his huge victory over Gabriel Gonzaga, Shane Carwin recently said he was cleared to resume sparring last week and, while he doesn't have an opponent in...
  14. Kawajiri Possibly Returning To K-1
    Coming off a win at DREAM 9 that has earned him a Lightweight title shot, Tatsuya Kawajiri may be headed back to K-1 for a second fight. Although not yet official, the plan is to have "Crusher" face...
  15. Strikeforce expects return to St. Louis, further eastern expansion in near future
    This past weekend's Strikeforce event could be just the start of the California-based Strikeforce promotion's expansion across America. Prior to the June 6 "Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields" event at...
  16. 6/28 DEEP Toyama Impact - Fight Order
    DEEP have put together a good card for their DEEP Toyama Impact event. With 2 events in 3 days, it is impressive what they have managed. This will be a rare occation to see a title fight in the...
  17. Jake Shields only wants big fights now.
    "I just want to do the big fights," said Jake Shields after his first-round submission of No. 2 ranked middleweight Robbie Lawler at Strikeforce on Saturday night. "I think I showed I can fight at...
  18. UFC 99 Video: Six Fights Guaranteed on Pay-Per-View, 'A Sick Card'
    The UFC 99 video blogs have started, with Dana White going through the video intro to Saturday's UFC 99 pay-per-view show. After we see the video introductions of Mostapha Al Turk vs. Mirko Cro Cop,...
  19. Glazer Training MMA With Leinart Seems A Little Too Close for Comfort
    So, how has Arizona Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart been spending his offseason? Why, he's doing some MMA training with FOX Sports' NFL reporter, Jay Glazer, of course. Above is video evidence of...
  20. At UFC 99, Mirko Cro Cop Expects to Have the Fans on His Side
    Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic is one of the most popular mixed martial arts fighters in the world, but his most devoted fans -- the ones in his native Croatia -- haven't had many opportunities to see him...
  21. For Cain Velasquez, UFC Title Is the Goal, but Not Right Away
    Cain Velasquez is an undefeated heavyweight who's preparing for the toughest test of his career when he faces Cheick Kongo on Saturday at UFC 99, and he says his goal is to win the UFC heavyweight...
  22. Full card set for June 19 "Strikeforce: Villasenor vs. Cyborg" event in Washington
    The fight card is complete for Strikeforce's next major show, a Strikeforce Challengers event featuring a middleweight main event between Joey Villasenor (26-6) and Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos...
  23. UFC 99: Mirko Cro Cop Says This Time He's Ready to Fight in the Octagon
    Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic stepped into the MMA ring four times in 2006, going 4-0 and winning the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix title. But in 2007, when he moved from the Pride ring to the UFC...
  24. Rampage Says Rashad Was Afraid When He Fought Machida
    By now, it's no secret that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson isn't fond of Rashad Evans. The two went nose to nose after UFC 96 and nearly fought at a recent photo shoot. Jackson is chomping at the bit for...
  25. Tim Sylvia: ‘I would like to end my career in the UFC’
    “I don’t talk to Dana, not at all. I don’t have his number. But we had a pretty good relationship. I know he has said some pretty bad things about me but, to be honest, I think a lot of it has to do...
  26. Medical suspension following Strikeforce loss postpones Andrei Arlovski June 27 boxing debut
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski will not be medically cleared in time to make his professional boxing debut on June 27 at The Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, on the...
  27. Strikeforce tickets for ‘Carano vs Cyborg’ at the HP Pavillion on August 15 on sale soon
    Tickets for Strikeforce: “Carano vs. Cyborg” at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., are on sale to the public beginning Monday, June 15 at 10 a.m. ET. The event will mark the promotion’s return to...
  28. Full Card Set For Adrenaline 3 Event Saturday
    The latest Adrenaline MMA event, Adrenaline 3, is set for Saturday night and Monte Cox has revealed the full card. The event will feature a mix of amateur and pro MMA fights headlined by a 6-round...
  29. Despite recent hurdles, Saturday's UFC 99 event nearing sellout status in Germany
    Saturday's UFC 99 event, the first-ever UFC show to take place in Germany, is close to being sold out. Jennifer Wenk, the UFC's director of public relations, said during Monday's pre-event media...
  30. UFC 99: Caol Uno Returns and Can History Give Spencer Fisher the Formula for Success?
    Back in March, hardcore fans were treated to an announcement that brought back some nostalgic memories of a crafty fighter who was one of the first Japanese lightweights to have an impact in the...
  31. K-1 World MAX Final 8: Masato vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri on July 13
    Japan’s Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG) has announced that former two-time K-1 MAX Grand Prix Champion Masato is set to do battle with DREAM lightweight standout Tatsuya “Crusher” Kawajiri in...
  32. Jon Fitch: ‘I’m twice the fighter I was a year ago’ (Video)
    Also check out what the AKA standout has to say about facing Paulo Thiago at UFC 100 and playing with himself in UFC Undisputed 2009. STORY
  33. Nogueira postpones retirement for UFC title run
    Rodrigo ‘Minatauro’ Nogueira expects to retire next year and says he would like to end his career in Japan or Brazil - but first he wants to take another run at the UFC heavyweight title currently...
  34. M-1 Continues UFC Plea For Fedor Fight
    After 2 years, the pleas keep being made by M-1 Global. They do remain in contact with UFC about a Fedor Emelianenko fight although no negotiations have taken place. They remain hopeful of something...
  35. Strikeforce 6/6 Medical Suspensions: 4 Suspended
    The medical suspensions from Saturday's Strikeforce event were revealed today. 4 fighters in all were suspended, with 3 if not all 4 getting 60-day suspensions. Article
  36. Crocop: 'I was just empty in my head'
    Croatian heavyweight Mirko "Crocop" Filipovic believes his previous woes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship were purely mental. "I think I was just empty in my head," said the man once considered...
  37. Milwaukee Sports Writer Claims MMA is "The End of the World"
    In a column that appeared on the front page of OnMilwaukee.com, "award-winning" sports columnist Dave Begel reported that at some point "the other night", he was "channel surfing and inadvertently...
  38. UFC 99: Wanderlei Silva's Swan Song?
    Wanderlei Silva is one of the best athletes in the history of mixed martial arts, a former Pride middleweight champion who at one point was considered the most feared fighter in MMA. But if he loses...
  39. Ace in the hole: An MMAmania.com UFC 99 interview exclusive with Rich Franklin
    Rich Franklin is one of the most recognizable faces in the history of mixed martial arts and a guy that to this day, remains one of the UFC’s most beloved former champions. The day may come where...
  40. UFC Quick Quote: Lyoto Machida’s got MMA in his blood
    "I did an evaluation of everything that he used to train and asked for a complete blood analysis to rate from the beginning up to the close of the fight and after that I set a periodization of cycles...
  41. First UFC Gym set to open in Concord, California on June 17
    The UFC Octagon isn’t just for fighters anymore. Now, for the first time in the 15-year history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, anyone - no matter how young or old – can experience what it’s...
  42. Mcfedries Kicked Out Of MFS Gym, Hopes To Reconcile
    Drew McFedries’ comments at UFC 98 have cost him his place in Pat Miletich’s gym. The hard-slugging middleweight Wednesday told MMAWeekly.com he has been kicked out of MFS Elite’s flagship training...
  43. Donald Cerrone calls out Jamie Varner for having the runs
    “After my fight (with James Krause) I wanted to remind people about (Jamie) Varner always getting out of the ICU. He just keeps drawing out our next fight. He needs to agree on a date so we can get...
  44. CSAC medically suspends Urijah Faber, Manny Gamburyan, five others after WEC 41 event
    The full list of suspensions included: * Urijah Faber is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a broken right hand, unless cleared earlier by a doctor. * Cub Swanson is...
  45. Dana White: ‘We could see a Wanderlei Silva - Anderson Silva fight in the very near future’
    How time can change things. Once close friends and training partners at the Chute Boxe Academy in Brazil, Wanderlei and Anderson Silva are anything but buddies these days. Wanderlei’s recent decision...
  46. CroCop: This is not my last UFC fight
    Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic says that his fight with Mostapha Al-Turk on Saturday night will not be his final outing in the UFC, no matter what the outcome. "This is not my last fight for the UFC, you...
  47. UK and Ireland Fans Will See UFC 99 Regardless of Setanta Sports Turmoil
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship have guaranteed fans tonight that UFC 99 from Cologne will be available to British and Irish fans on Saturday night. Speaking exclusively to Telegraph.co.uk,...
  48. Episode No. 11 recap: "The Ultimate Fighter: U.S. vs. U.K." lightweight semifinals
    Episode No. 11 of "The Ultimate Fighter: U.S. vs. U.K." features both lightweight semifinal bouts and determines which 155-pounders will meet with a UFC contract on the line. The first bout features...
  49. Dale Hartt: Pink gi, stealthy scouting and old friends lead to UFC 99 bout with Dennis Siver
    As the sport of mixed martial arts continues to evolve, the athletes that compete in the cage have begun to rely on cross-training and gym-hopping to develop as complete fighters. When Dale Hartt...
  50. BJ Penn: There Won't Be Bad Blood With Me and Kenny Florian
    BJ Penn has been known as a guy who can market and build up massive interest for a fight. He knows how to hype up a fight and ham it up for the cameras when he needs to. The attention gained in high...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541