MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Rampage Could "Definitely" Beat Machida
    So says, of course, Michael Bisping. And he thinks current Wolfslair training partner Quinton Jackson is the man who will beat Lyoto Machida first. Bisping also mentions that he actually asked UFC...
  2. DREAM 11 Super Hulk Semi Finals chosen
    The semifinal bouts for DREAM’s open weight tournament, which has been dubbed “Super Hulk,” were recently revealed during the Affliction: “Trilogy” press conference in New York City. The fights are...
  3. Late 2009 UFC schedule is close to being finalized
    The September slate is now set with Ultimate Fight Night 19 in Oklahoma City on September 16 and MMAJunkie is reporting that there will a UFC pay-per-view event the same week 200 miles to the south...
  4. Matt Serra still disagrees with UFC 98 decision loss, currently unsure of next move
    Serra: "But personally, I thought I won the first and third rounds. That's just how I feel about it." linky link
  5. Dana White's WEC 41 Video Blog - Episode 3
    Dana White's WEC 41 Video Blog - Episode 3 Check out the latest installment in Dana's video blog, as he does a few interviews, details why he is so fan friendly, stops by TUF, and more. Check it...
  6. Fedor Emelianenko Wants One Fight Deal With UFC
    From the LA Times blog: Joost Raimond, the operations manager of Emelianenko's global promotion company M-1, invited the winner of the July 11 UFC heavyweight championship fight between Brock Lesnar...
    Pages: 2
  7. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Says Money is the Reason He Ducked Lyoto Machida to Coach TUF Against Rashad Evans
    Who says Quinton Jackson is afraid of Lyoto Machida? If that’s what you’re thinking, Rampage says you’re probably 12 years old and you know nothing about the fight business. Sure, Jackson respects...
  8. Stronger than before: Andrei Arlovski Strikeforce interview
    “The Pitbull” is coming off a devastating and disappointing loss to WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko at the Affliction: “Day of Reckoning” event that was held earlier this year in January...
  9. Jason MacDonald Returns At MFC 22: Payoff on September 25
    Following his release from the UFC, “The Athlete” Jason MacDonald has recently confirmed that his next bout outside of the Octagon will be taking place on extremely familiar territory. MacDonald made...
  10. Machida Receives Hometwon Hero Welcome
    LINK Newly minted UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida got a hero’s welcome from more than 100 fans that greeted him at Belém International airport this week. The 31-year-old Machida knocked...
  11. Tito Ortiz Sued Over MMA Trash Talk
    Tito Ortiz is on the receiving end of a serious legal attack -- one that started after the UFC legend bashed "Rampage" Jackson's former trainer to the media. The guy filing the lawsuit is Juanito...
  12. Strikeforce "Lawler vs. Shields" Weigh-In Results
    STRIKEFORCE MAIN CARD -Robbie Lawler (182.75) vs. Jake Shields (181.75) -Nick Diaz (179) vs. Scott Smith (179.5) -Andrei Arlovski (244) vs. Brett Rogers (262) -Kevin Randleman (204) vs. Mike...
  13. ‘Dont call it a comeback’ for Kevin Randleman … it’s a rebirth
    “LL Cool J has a great song: ‘Don’t call it a comeback. I’ve been here for years.’ Don’t call it a comeback. I don’t think of it as a comeback. I look at it like I needed to go back to school and...
  14. UFC star in new TV commercial
    HERE'S UFC star Brock Lesnar showing off his animal instinct in a new advert being screened on American TV. The heavyweight champion cut a promo for Wildlife Research Center's Scent Killer 99%, which...
  15. Leonard Garcia Returns at WEC 42 to Face Jameel Massouh
    A featherweight bout has been added to the next WEC show slated for Aug 9 as former top contender, "Bad Boy" Leonard Garcia returns to action to face Jameel Massouh Garcia steps back into the WEC...
  16. Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua confirmed for UFC 104 on October 24
    It’s time for some Brazilian-on-Brazilian crime. MMAmania.com has learned that bout agreements have been signed for the light heavyweight title fight between newly-minted champion Lyoto Machida...
  17. Gina Carano vs Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Santos confirmed for August 15 Strikeforce event!
    linkage Strikeforce today confirmed that former Elite XC fighter and recent Strikeforce acquisition Cristiane Santos (7-1) will finally fight female fighting sensation Gina Carano (7-0) at the...
  18. Strikeforce 'Lawler Vs Shields' Results - (SPOILERS + Fight Videos)
    Jake Shields def. Robbie Lawler via submission - Round 1, 2:02 Brett Rogers def. Andrei Alorvski via TKO - Round 1, 0:22 Nick Diaz def. Scott Smith via submission - Round 3, 1:41 Joe Riggs def. Phil...
  19. Josh Thomson Vs Gilbert Melendez @ Strikeforce - August 15
    This event will feature Josh Thomson's first defense of the Strikeforce lightweight title against the fighter that last held the belt in Gilbert Melendez. This has been confirmed by Strikeforce as...
  20. Josh Barnett: ‘Rock Em, Sock Em’ Reilly will vote for MMA when he can get rich from it
    "New York is a very big legislative district and there’s a lot of money going through here … [MMA] is an easy target for a politician to make it seem like he’s working for the money he’s gobbling up...
  21. Strikeforce won't stand in way of Brett Rogers' championship aspirations (Possibe title shot in August)
    "Alistair, I was kind of aiming for him," Rogers said in a post-event press conference following Saturday's "Strikeforce: Lawler vs. Shields" event at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. "I was...
  22. Ben Rothwell vs Chase Gormley Set for Affliction: Trilogy
    Former IFL heavyweight champion Ben Rothwell is set to square off with undefeated up-and-comer Chase Gormley at Affliction: Trilogy on August 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. MMA...
  23. WEC: 8 Shows This Year, 10 Likely Next Year
    Following WEC 41, perhaps the promotion's most successful event ever, WEC GM Reed Harris unveiled the plans for the rest of the year and 2010. WEC will hold a total of 8 events this year, meaning 4...
  24. Jens Pulver "Crushed And Heartbroken" After WEC 41 Loss To Josh Grispi
    Although he again stopped short of saying he'll retire, another devastating loss last night in WEC has Jens Pulver again being forced to figure out what he's going to do next. The heartbreaking loss...
  25. WEC 41 officially falls short of attendance record...
    ...but sets new high for live gate. WEC 41 didn't set an attendance record after all. Although initially and unofficially announced as 13,027, the attendance at Sunday's show at ARCO Arena in...
  26. OFFICIAL WEC 41 Fighter Salaries
    Despite a loss to Josh Grispi in what might prove to be his final professional MMA fight, Jens Pulver earned an event-high disclosed salary of $31,253 at Sunday's "WEC 41: Brown vs. Faber II" event....
  27. Mike Brown, WEC's blue-collar champ, brings refreshing honesty, surprising answers
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. – All too often, top professional athletes surround themselves in a veil of cliches, answering questions with the expected recourse, devoid of any honesty or character. WEC...
  28. Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone earns a rematch with Jamie Varner later this year...
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. - WEC lightweight Donald Cerrone (10-1 MMA, 3-1 WEC) will get a second shot at current champion Jamie Varner (16-2 MMA, 4-0 WEC) some time this fall. While Cerrone has made no...
  29. MMAjunkie.com Fight Biz: On cusp of historic show, what's in store for UFC's next 100?
    UFC 100 – it is a milestone few thought possible when the organization was fighting for its survival in the mid-1990s. The Ultimate Fighting Championship was deemed too heinous for even pay-per-view...
  30. UFC Signs Content Deal With Heavy.com
    MediaPost.com has the lowdown on the UFC partnering with Heavy.com to offer programming for the popular pop culture website: Men’s media network Heavy.com has struck a content distribution...
  31. Diaz Reflects on Smith Bout
    'this sport is dirty rotten just like boxing" "I love jiu jitsu, and i love fighting, and i love competition. But do I love this sport? F*** no" VIDEO LINK
  32. Roy Nelson and Wes Sims Join Kimbo Slice On TUF 10: The Heavyweights
    Former IFL Heavyweight Champion Roy "Big Country" Nelson and UFC veteran Wes Sims will join Kimbo Slice on the cast for The Ultimate Fighter Season 10: The Heavyweights, a source close to the show...
  33. Mike Brown tastes like Raspberries and Smells like Rum
    No, there was not any fruit-themed lewdness at his after-party, at least not that we know of. However, astronomers have recently discovered that in dust clouds at the center of our galaxy, there are...
  34. UFC 2009 Undisputed sold 682,000+ copies by 30th may
    682,000+ sum of PS3 and X360 sales link
  35. At UFC 99, Etim Has 6 Months To Unleash
    Terry Etim has lived, breathed, shed blood and hammered his training for well over six months with Justin Buchholz in mind. Originally slated to fight at UFC 95, the bout was scratched when his...
  36. Fedor says No training Issues, Ready For Work
    Not an hour after Emelianenko plucked the former UFC heavyweight champ out of the sky at January’s “Day of Reckoning,” Voronov was breathing a sigh of relief backstage. “(Fedor) won with his old...
  37. Kenny Florian the artist (not the fighter) will have physical advantage on August 8
    “I have never said I was a fighter. I am a martial artist and that is an important distinction for me. There is a lot of beauty and art in what we do … It is important to respect the art. That’s the...
  38. How Cain Velasquez seemingly came out of nowhere to become a top UFC heavyweight
    "He has to be part of a gang." Marquee-sized letters scripted in calligraphy were stitched onto an alley-wide chest of a 6-foot-1, 240-pound mountain of an individual. The stereotypes are,...
  39. Tim Sylvia confident he could take Brock Lesnar
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia says he would jump at the chance to fight current UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. "I want to fight a couple of times and get some wins, get some...
  40. Jose Aldo NOT Guaranteed WEC Featherweight Title Shot
    Despite an 8-fight winning streak including 5 straight in WEC and an impressive 8 second win over Cub Swanson at WEC 41, unofficial #1 contender Jose Aldo is not guaranteed a shot at WEC...
  41. Akihiro Gono Signs With Sengoku
    The "Wannabe Supremes" may be embarking on a tour of Japan soon. Akihiro Gono, recently released by UFC after a loss to Jon Fitch best remembered for his memorable ring entrance, has signed with...
  42. Jamie Varner Responds to Cowboy
    Varner responds to some harsh words from Cerrone, as well as his critics WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner isn't shy about discussing Donald Cerrone, and how he plans to handle the rematch.
  43. What Mike Brown's 2nd victory over Faber means for the Featherweight Division...
    For at least half of his reign, the featherweight division virtually existed only within pro Shooto, meaning that he [Alexandre Nogueira] was the best fighter of about two dozen total in his weight...
  44. MusclePharm in hot water after using Shane Carwin image.
    Fighters lend their image to companies all of the time. Many of them depend on endorsements to supplement their fight purses. However, when a company uses a fighters image to endorse their products...
  45. Re-introducing Cheick Kongo
    To most UFC fans, Cheick Kongo remains a mystery. Despite seven Octagon wins (including three in a row), many still don’t feel like they know the man who may be next in line for a shot at the...
  46. Herschel Walker to MMA?
    For years we have heard rumors about Herschel Walker crossing over into mixed martial arts. It looks like Herschel is finally ready to set a date. In Peter King's MMQB, King reports that Walker will...
  47. TapouT announces training center for r&d
    TapouT, the premier mixed-martial arts apparel, gear and lifestyle brand, is officially opening the doors of the new TapouT Research & Development Training Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Grand...
  48. UFC announcer Bruce Buffer cashes for first time in a World Series of Poker event
    Ring announcer Bruce Buffer, a 12-year veteran of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and a longtime poker enthusiast, cashed for the first time in an official World Series of Poker event on Friday....
  49. It's Official: Carano vs. Santos For Strikeforce Women's Title
    Confirming rumors surrounding their upcoming dream fight on August 15, Strikeforce has now announced that Gina Carano vs. Cristiane Santos will be a fight to determine the inaugural Strikeforce...
  50. Fujita vs. Ivanov, Akihiro Gono and Eiji Mitsuoka added to Sengoku Ninth Battle in August
    A handful of participants, including recent UFC fighter Akihiro Gono and Blagoy Alexandre Ivanov (who is best known for defeating Fedor Emelianenko in a recent Sambo match) will compete in August at...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575