MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Tim Sylvia vs. Paul Buentello fight confirmed for Affliction 3 on Aug. 1
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-5) is indeed booked to return to action against Paul Buentello (27-10) at Affliction 3: “Trilogy” at the Honda Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 1,...
  2. UFC continues European-market expansion with Portuguese broadcast deal
    The UFC's global reach continues to expand as the organization recently announced a new broadcast deal with SIC Radical, one of Portugal's most popular cable television channels. UFC programming...
  3. Despite reports, Frank Trigg insists bout with Josh Koscheck not yet on the table
    Despite multiple reports surfacing Friday night that a September matchup between Frank Trigg (19-6 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and Josh Koscheck (12-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) had been verbally agreed to by each fighter,...
  4. Sokoudjou: "I should have stopped"
    Sokoudjou delivered several ground-and-pound blows to opponent Jan Nortje (2-6) well after the referee had attempted to halt the contest. linky link
  5. UFC Confirms Full Card for UFC 101: Declaration
    UFC 101: Declaration - Card Finalized Champion BJ Penn looks to take on number one contender Kenny Florian, and current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva moves up in weight to meet Forrest...
  6. Frank Trigg's First Video Blog Since Rejoining the UFC
    Frank Trigg blogs about his return to the UFC Check out what Frank Trigg has to say as he speaks on a number of topics, including a possible third fight with Hughes, his first opponent, and more.
  7. Bellator IX Results (Middleweight Finals Now Set)
    Bellator IX Middleweight Semi-Final Tournament bouts: -Jared Hess def. Yosmany Cabezas by TKO at 4:26, R3 -Hector Lombard def. Damien Stelly by TKO (Strikes) at 2:56, R1 Bellator IX Non-tournament...
  8. UFC 99 video: Wanderlei Silva on Rich Franklin fight in Germany
    VIDEO
  9. Ben Saunders ready to ‘whoop’ Mike Swicks ass with his ‘blades’ on June 13
    “I don’t believe his hand speed will be that big of a difference, especially with the lack of a reach advantage, which he has had in almost all his other fights. It means I can hit him without...
  10. Marcus Davis: Dan Hardy is a ‘disrespectful punk’ whose face will be Swiss cheese at UFC 99
    “‘Hate’ is a very powerful word, I know…. But I hate my opponent at UFC 99. I hate Dan Hardy. I really can’t stand this guy and I am counting down to days to June 13, to the Lanxess Arena in when I...
  11. UFC 102 Confirmed for August 29
    The UFC has officially announced that its UFC 102 card will take place on August 29. While the company has yet to officially confirm a venue for the event, the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon is...
  12. Mirko Cro Cop 99 Deal Not Done. Yet. (Updated)
    Although the deal is expected to be done as soon as today, Mirko Cro Cop is not yet official for UFC 99, which is why he's not being advertised yet. The reason why is not yet known but it reportedly...
  13. World Victory Road signs Olympic gold medalist Satoshi Ishii to Sengoku
    Satoshi Ishii, a Japanese gold medalist at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games' Judo competition, has signed with the Japanese-based World Victory Road to compete in its Sengoku event series, the...
  14. UFC signs heavyweight Mike Russow, debut slated for UFC Fight Night 19 in September
    Veteran heavyweight Mike Russow (11-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a Chicago police officer who's competed for organizations such as Adrenaline MMA and PRIDE, has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC and will...
  15. Okami Targeting September Return, Silva
    UFC Middleweight contender Yushin Okami, currently sidelined due to injuries, says he is hoping to return to action in September. And not surprisingly, he wants Anderson Silva, who Okami is the last...
  16. Gegard Mousasi meets Renato "Babalu" Sobral, not Vitor Belfort, at "Affliction: Trilogy"
    With Vitor Belfort reportedly unwilling to fight at a weight class other than middleweight, former DREAM middleweight title-holder Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) will instead fight Renato "Babalu" Sobral...
  17. UFC 98 Fighters Test Clean
    On Monday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission released the post-fight drug test results for the fighters of UFC 98, held May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Ten fighters were tested...
  18. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Gegard Mousasi confirmed for DREAM Super Hulk Tournament
    FiveOuncesOfPain.com has recently been informed by sources close to the situation that Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou will be facing off with Gegard Mousasi in the next round of DREAM’s Super Hulk...
  19. Filho on Manhoef: ‘Anyone who thinks I’ll exchange punches with him is wrong’
    Sometimes controversial and always dangerous Brazilian submission expert Paulo Filho is preparing himself to face off with one of the scariest men currently competing in mixed martial arts when he...
  20. British Association of Mixed Martial Arts (BAMMA) is Launched
    The British Association of Mixed Martial Arts today unveiled their plans for a series of events that will air on UK TV channel Bravo. Holding a press conference at a trendy hotel in London’s West...
  21. E3 2009: EA Sports MMA Announced
    Electronic Arts' Peter Moore has just announced that the giant publisher is finally making a mixed martial arts game under the EA Sports brand. Dubbed EA Sports MMA, the game is set to go on general...
  22. Pat Miletich on Drew McFedries Situation And Making Peace With Dana White
    "My entire team and myself were furious with Drew McFedries because we worked our ass off to get him ready for that fight," Miletich said. "Four different guys offered to go with him to that fight...
  23. Kimbo Slice to the UFC... via TUF!
    Kimbo Slice to join the cast of the TUF 10! Kimbo Slice has apparently agreed to be featured on season ten of the Ultimate Fighter reality show, featuring opposing coaches Rampage Jackson and Rashad...
    Pages: 2 3
  24. Patrick Cote Signs New 4-Fight deal With The UFC
    It looks like the "Predator" will do his stalking in the UFC for the foreseeable future. Patrick Cote has signed a new four-fight deal with the promotion, as confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Monday by...
  25. ‘Rampage’ Jackson reports for duty on the set of TUF 10
    “I’m starting the first day at my new job. Hope my co-worker likes me! Haha …” – Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is today on the set of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10...
  26. Michael Bisping could fight for a world title in Manchester, England
    “Michael [Bisping] will fight [Dan] Henderson at UFC 100 in Vegas, and the winner will get a world title shot. And if that winner is Michael, we intend to take the fight to Manchester, just down the...
  27. Belfort To Face Santiago At Affliction 3
    Although it won't be Gegard Mousasi, Vitor Belfort does now have an opponent to face at Middleweight at Affliction 3. He'll face current Sengoku Middleweight Champion Jorge Santiago. Article
  28. UFC 103 Could Be In Dallas, Not England
    There are now tentative plans in place for UFC to make it's Dallas debut soon, possibly as soon as September. UFC 103 on September 26, originally planned for England is a possibility, which would be...
  29. Dana White's WEC 41 Video Blog
    Dana White's WEC 41 Video Blog, with an appearance by Kimbo Slice! Check out Dana's first ever WEC video blog, and see Kimbo Slice right around the six minute mark!
  30. Dana Talks Kimbo on TUF
    http://thegarv.com/2009/06/02/kimbo-slice-in-the-tuf-house/
  31. UFC 98 Official Live Gate, Attendance Figures Released
    The main man at the NSAC, Keith Kizer, today announced the official attendance and live gate figures for UFC 98. He says UFC drew 12,606 total fans, but not that number paid as UFC claimed, and live...
  32. Gary Shaw Reacts to Kimbo Slice's Inclusion on TUF10 + Dana Says There's A Special Contract Waiting If He Wins
    Michael David Smith of AOL FanHouse gets the first crack at him and most notably (and he's probably on to something), Shaw thinks Slice is likely being handsomely compensated: Michael David Smith:...
  33. UFC Fight Night 19 confirmed for Oklahoma City on September 16
    UFC Fight Night 19, which will serve as the lead-in for the upcoming tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10, will be held at the Cox Convention Center on September 16, according to Tulsa...
  34. Yo! How ’bout Baroni vs Carano if Riggs is running scared?
    “The guy no-shows to the conference call. I have been saying from day one: Get me a back-up opponent. I don’t think he is going to show up for his fight. His mouth is writing checks his ass can’t...
  35. Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy bad blood boils over during UFC 99 conference call
    And that’s when it snowballed out of control: Hardy: “I didn’t ask for anybody to post it anywhere. That was just the fans having fun. And if a 35 year old man can’t laugh that off — ” Davis...
  36. Al-Turk Offers CroCop 'One Of Three Options'
    Where lesser men would still be looking at the phone in slack-jawed horror and hoping never to receive a similar call from the UFC again, Al-Turk's confidence is bounding. In fact so confident is he...
  37. Diaz Talks Title, Smith & Japan
    “El Diablo” Nick Diaz talks Strikeforce & Scott Smith PDG: It is a pretty stacked card coming up on June 6th; are there any other fights on the card that you are looking forward to seeing? Nick...
  38. Randleman on Training & fans & Whitehead!
    Kevin “The Monster” Randleman – Back in the USA PDG: What advantages do you see for yourself going into the fight? Kevin Randleman: I am faster, quicker and I believe that I am stronger than he is....
  39. ''No Mistakes This Time'' Says Faber
    "I slipped up last fight and I paid for it, and you can't afford to make mistakes like that," Faber commented. "That's the biggest part. For the most part, I'll be trying to implement my gameplan,...
  40. Dana White's WEC 41 Video Blog - Day 2 (06/02)
    LINK Seems like nobody is confident about Mike Brown......
  41. Quartet of NFL vets to join Kimbo Slice on UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter 10" cast
    I'm assuming that if the Kimbo news isn't a spoiler than this isn't either. The article goes into further detail on the four fighters. _________________________________________________________ At...
  42. Maine Nearing MMA Legislation
    The State of Maine is one of the last few dominoes left when it comes to legalizing MMA, but that particular domino looks to be teetering, as the Governor of Maine looks set to give the go ahead to...
  43. Yushin Okami Vs. Patrick Cote possibly in the works for UFC 103
    We have recieved word from both, Patrick Cote’s camp as well as Yushin Okami’s camp that this fight has been brought to their attention, and that they both have verbally agreed. While it is a little...
  44. Paul Kelly Has No Fear Heading Into UFC 99
    Paul Kelly has just come out of a grueling training session with guys at the opposite end of the MMA weight class and although sore and full of bumps, he is chipper about his scheduled fight against...
  45. Rickson in da house! Diego Sanchez headlines TUF 9 finale as a BJJ brown belt
    Yesterday, I became an official Saulo Ribeiro Brown Belt. I am honored to finally be a part of REAL Gracie BJJ after Royler Gracie tied my brown belt after Saulo promoted me. The icing on the cake...
  46. Lift the Ban Watch: MMA Bill in New York State Passes Through First Round of Committee Votes
    From folks in New York, we've got direct word: Bill A.2009-B (the bill to legalize and regulate MMA in the state of New York) passed 14-6 in Tourism Committee and is now headed for the Codes...
  47. Josh Koscheck and Frank Trigg meet Sept. 19 at UFC 103 in Dallas
    Top UFC welterweight contender Josh Koscheck (12-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) will indeed meet returning UFC veteran Frank Trigg (19-6 MMA, 2-3 UFC) at UFC 103 in Dallas. While initial reports suggested the bout...
  48. Upstart SHINE Fight Promotions announces "American Top Team vs. The World" card
    Upstart Florida-based organization SHINE Fight Promotions recently announced its second event, "American Top Team vs. The World," scheduled for Aug. 1 at the 4,600-plus-seat James L. Knight Center in...
  49. Ben Rothwell vs. Chase Gormley booked for "Affliction: Trilogy" card
    A heavyweight bout between Ben Rothwell (30-6) and Chase Gormley (6-0) has been booked for August's "Affliction: Trilogy" card. Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio confirmed the bout to MMA...
  50. Bisping NOT Guaranteed Title Shot For Beating Henderson
    Michael Bisping is not certain to get a title shot should he get past Dan Henderson at UFC 100, contrary to numerous reports circulated yesterday. Several UK newspapers reported on Tuesday that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550