MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Kerry Vera Debuts At Bellator On 5/15
    There have been some notable fighting couples in MMA-the Coutures, the Cyborgs (Santos), and now there are the Veras. Kerry Vera, the wife of UFC star Brandon Vera, will make her MMA debut for...
  2. Preview of Dana White on ESPN E60
    Catch a glimpse of the upcoming Dana White segment on ESPN E60 Catch a sneak peek at Dana's interview on ESPN which airs this Tuesday, May 12th at 7pm EST on ESPN.
  3. ROUSIMAR PALHARES SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
    UFC fighter Rousimar Palhares suffered a fractured tibia in training while wrestling. He underwent surgery on Thursday night at Hospital Miguel Couto in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, according to a report...
  4. Wanderlei On Anderson: I Want To Fight Him
    Wanderlei Silva has another big challenge on his plate when he fights Rich Franklin in the main event of UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany next month. But lately, he’s had his eye on a new, or old,...
  5. Strange brew: Interview with Dan Miller
    If Miller Light was everything you wanted in a beer (and less) then Dan Miller might be everything you want in an MMA fighter (with less hype). Dan’s a down-to-earth guy, and just like his...
  6. Affliction's Tom Atencio: Emelianenko vs. Barnett is "the fight I want"
    Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio is still tight-lipped about details of the organization's upcoming third show. But when it comes to the night's main event, he definitely has his heart set on...
  7. Sherk works on reputation restoration
    From his shredded abdomen to his massive trapezius to his cauliflower ears, Sean Sherk looks every bit the wrestler. He’s built like a guy who could pick you up and drive you repeatedly into the mat...
  8. Heath Herring Ready For His Next Rodeo
    Win or lose, Heath Herring will never stray from a 13-year credo: entertainment first, results second. The “Texas Crazy Horse” has never had it easy, in Pride or the UFC. He’s faced enough top-ranked...
  9. With life's battles already won, UFC's Matt Brown earning "immortal" tag
    Finding success in today's UFC requires clean living, a dedication to a healthy diet and proper training. But not every rising star in the organization started their career by walking down the right...
  10. After disappointing UFC run, Antonio Mendes ready to SHINE in return trip
    Just 26-years-old and riding a 12-fight win streak, light heavyweight Antonio Mendes look primed to take the UFC by storm. But after two first-round losses to Eric Schafer and Thiago Silva, "Samuray"...
  11. Kevin Burns vs. Chris Lytle official for TUF 9 Finale in June
    A welterweight contest between Kevin Burns (7-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Chris Lytle (26-17-5 MMA, 5-9 UFC), first reported in March, has been officially added to the June 20 finale of "The Ultimate...
  12. Wanderlei Silva expresses surprising desire to train with former rival
    A Brazilian rivalry dating back to 2005 may be nearing it’s end in the near future, at least according to one of the feud participants. Wanderlei Silva and Ricardo Arona are age old enemies who first...
  13. Matt Serra UFC 98 Video Blog - Day 3
    VIDEO
  14. Randy Can Relate, Supports Chuck's Decision
    There are a number of options for Chuck Liddell’s future, and former opponent Randy Couture supports all of them. Couture told MMAWeekly.com he empathized with Liddell’s situation – the former light...
  15. Fighting Blind, Ben Henderson Opening His Eyes
    In mixed martial arts, fighting blind is typically more or less a euphemism, but in WEC fighter Ben Henderson's case, it's been applied quite literally. Often seen after fights donning glasses that...
  16. New British Promotion Headed Straight To UK TV
    Bravo Television is a tempting proposition for any Mixed Martial Arts promotion in the U.K., as it presents a unique opportunity to reach a wider viewing audience as well having a background in UFC...
  17. Takanori Gomi claims non-title win over Shooto champ Takashi Nakakura
    Takanori Gomi rebounded from recent back-to-back losses and picked up his first knockout win via strikes in two-and-a-half years with a victory over Takashi Nakakura earlier today at Shooto's latest...
  18. Antwain Britt swiftly KOs UFC vet Antonio Mendes at Shine Fights
    The featured bout at Saturday's Shine Fights' debut event ended swiftly. Eights seconds to be exact. Antwain Britt (7-2), who earned a spot on "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast before being forced off...
  19. Rashad Evans: Lyoto Machida is better than Rampage Jackson; Interested in Anderson Silva fight
    “I thought Lyoto was more deserving than Rampage anyway. He’s better … actually, I like Rampage a lot. I think he’s really funny and charismatic. But I still want to beat his ass some day…. [My goal...
  20. Affliction's Tom Atencio on MMA fight with UFC's Dana White: "Let's do it"
    On June 27, at an Ultimate Chaos event in Mississippi, Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio (1-0) will make his second appearance as a professional mixed-martial-arts fighter. During a recent press...
  21. Shawn Thompkins Suggests Rift With Wanderlei
    Xtreme Couture coach Shawn Tompkins appears to have had something of a fall-out with Wanderlei Silva, judging by recent comments. "With Wanderlei and I, we've worked together before -- we worked...
  22. Joe Riggs "Is A Kid" Who Is Going To Get "Hurt" At SF On 6/6
    That is the pre-fight prediction of one Phil Baroni, who clearly was in full "New York Badass" mode when talking about his 6/6 Strikeforce opponent, Joe Riggs. Baroni also predicts the fight should...
  23. With Silva Partnership, Franklin Likely At 205 For Good
    It's safe to say that, after his upcoming catch weight fight at 195, Rich Franklin is not going to fight any more Silvas at Middleweight or anybody else for that matter. His recent partnership with...
  24. Following back surgery, Goran Reljic takes up light training for UFC return
    Goran Reljic's UFC debut couldn't have gone much better. Pushing his professional career record to 8-0, the 25-year-old Croatian defeated Wilson Gouveia via second-round TKO and earned a $75,000...
  25. 'Minotoro' Nogueira Wins At Jungle Fight
    Top 10 ranked light heavyweight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on Saturday night kept his winning streak intact with a third round submission of Golden Glory fighter Dion Staring at Jungle Fight Ceara in...
  26. UFC fighter Houston Alexander rescues child left in car
    UFC light heavyweight Houston Alexander is used to knocking out opponents inside the Octagon. On Wednesday, May 6, “The Assassin” did his part to help knock out child neglect. According to WOWT.com,...
  27. Gesias “JZ” Calvancante headed to Bellator ?
    FiveOuncesOfPain.com has learned that top lightweight Gesias “JZ” Calvancante has expressed interest in the possibility of joining the fledgling Mixed Martial Arts organization Bellator’s second...
  28. Thales Leites Steps in for Injured Rousimar Palhares at UFC 101
    Thales Leities to take on Alessio Sakara at UFC 101 Thales Leites starts his quest back to the title pretty quickly following a defeat at the hands of Anderson Silva, as he steps in for the injured...
  29. Blog: Gomi says 'Hi, Dana!'
    Monday, 5:00 p.m. ET: In shape and focused for the first time in a while, the Takanori Gomi of old returned to us on Sunday evening's Shooto Tradition Final card, where he knocked out Shooto...
  30. Chuck Liddell: War on retirement ‘blown way out of proportion’
    “It’s like if you’re a kid and your parents don’t get along. They both called me up and talked to me, and they both love me and have my best interests at heart. I love both guys, and I’m not going to...
  31. Patrick Cote video: ‘I’ll be back in September’
    Link to video
  32. Gabe Ruediger Returns, Leaving Past Behind
    Heading into 2009, former WEC lightweight champion Gabe “Godzilla” Ruediger was on a downslide. After a controversial stint on “The Ultimate Fighter 5,” bad tidings with his former team and a neck...
  33. Cung Le Not Ready To Ditch Real Fighting
    Cung Le may be on his way to movie stardom, but he still wants to get in the cage. This year, the Strikeforce middleweight champion will have four movies in the can. Fighting, with Channing Tatum,...
  34. Rising from the Slums
    In Brazil, where an estimated 50 million people live in favelas, or slums, it’s common for a child to dream of changing his or her life through sports. In years past, kids have aspired to follow in...
  35. Ask the Doc: From a medical perspective, should Chuck Liddell retire?
    Should Chuck Liddell retire? Everyone has an opinion, and none have been expressed more loudly than those from UFC President Dana White and Liddell's longtime trainer, John Hackleman. ' The question...
  36. Strikeforce "in dialogue" with Roxanne Modafferi, Kaitlin Young
    With a featured female bout between Sarah Kaufman (8-0) and Miesha Tata (6-1) scheduled on its May 15 "Strikeforce Challengers" series event in Fresno, Calif., the rapidly expanding organization is...
  37. Dana White's Appearance on ESPN's E:60
    VIDEO
  38. Dana White's Key Decisions
    Jake Rossen did a post over at his blog on Sherdog on Dana White's best decisions. It's hard to argue that any of his choices were bad decisions, but they don't get at the heart of why he's been so...
  39. Despite opponent change, Miesha Tate comfortable with "win-win" situation
    Things have changed quickly for Miesha Tate (6-1). From Shawnee to Showtime, Tate has gone from a rural Oklahoma fight to national television in just four months. And as Tate prepares to meet...
  40. Could Matt Serra's UFC 98 Fight Be His Last?
    While he hasn't made a decision either way, there is a chance that Matt Serra could retire from fighting after the Matt Hughes fight at UFC 98. He wouldn't leave MMA completely as he'd stay active...
  41. Penn-Florian Title Fight Now Official For UFC 101
    The UFC today has confirmed the expected main event for UFC 101: UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn vs. Kenny Florian for the title. This is Penn's first title defense in 14 months and his first fight...
  42. American Top Team Camp Report
    The top athletes at American Top Team continue to grow and get big fights each and every day. From Thiago Alves taking his shot at Georges St. Pierre at UFC 100 for the UFC welterweight title, to...
  43. Fighter At Heart, Nate Diaz Learning The Game
    The Diaz brothers, Nate and Nick, share the same hatred for anything that dilutes fighting. The very idea of MMA as a sport riles them. They wish for the old days. “I wish these fights were unlimited...
  44. Lyoto Machida: Our father, who art in Brazil, Karate be thy name…
    “Karate was discredited in mixed martial arts so my father and I are developing and adapting some aspects in karate to prove that all arts are efficient. My target is holding the Machida Karate flag...
  45. Affliction VP Tom Atencio: Third MMA show ‘being put together right now’
    The third Affliction show is being put together right now, so I will give everybody what they want. It’s just one of those things that takes time. I always say this over and over and over again: This...
  46. Mario Yamasaki tapped as referee for UFC 98 Evans-Machida main event
    Veteran MMA official Mario Yamasaki has been tapped as the referee for next month's UFC 98 title fight between UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans and top contender Lyoto Machida,...
  47. Pat Miletich: ‘Dana has never told me anything that ended up being the truth’
    It’s been quite some time since Pat Miletich and Dana White were friends and business associates. If one was to trace the divide between the two back to it’s origin they would find that the split was...
  48. UFN 19 May Be In Oklahoma City
    Sources close to UFC and the Oklahoma State Athletic Commission have confirmed that talks are underway to host UFC Fight Night 19 in Oklahoma City. The tentative date is September 16 and the event...
  49. The Man with Two Souls
    A rising star in his ethnic home of South Korea -- and at once a celebrated and reviled athlete in Japan -- Yoshihiro Akiyama represents by far the UFC’s greatest East Asian acquisition to date....
  50. DREAM 10: WWGP Semifinals Set, Aoki-Hansen Confirmed
    Sources close to Affliction fighter Jason High, who is continuing on in the DREAM Welterweight GP, confirm that the brackets for the GP semifinals at DREAM 10 in July are now set. High will face...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567