MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Kim Couture Off 5/15 Strikeforce Event
    It appears all is not well in the Couture household. Kim Couture, wife of UFC legend Randy Couture, is now off her scheduled Strikeforce debut on 5/15. And according to opponent-to-have-been Miesha...
  2. Brazilians Rush To Ribeiro's Aid
    When illness or any other kind of physical impediment afflicts one of its own, the Brazilian mixed martial arts community puts aside rivalries and unites in exemplary solidarity. Such is the case...
  3. UFC Cuts Jason Day
    It's "Dooms"day for Jason Day. 2 losses in a row have sent the UFC Middleweight packing as he's been released by UFC. He debuted with a win over Alan Belcher but quick TKO losses to Michael Bisping &...
  4. Did Kimbo Slice Close The Door On EliteXC
    There were several theories that floated around after the demise of EliteXC as to why the once thriving company closed its doors in 2008, shortly after its final CBS show in October, and a loss by...
  5. Greg Jackson Interview
    Sherdog: Who is the best MMA fighter not under your tutelage? Jackson: I honestly really think it shifts around, but I really like Anderson Silva’s creativity. I am going to go with him outside of my...
  6. Houston Alexander feels pressure to win for himself, not keep his job, at UFC 98
    “Of course I wasn’t nervous [about losing my job after the loss to Eric Schafer in Sept. 2008]. I wasn’t nervous at all. Number one, I have been in the business for 10 years and second, it’s great to...
  7. Fedor Emelianenko Submits Shinya Aoki + DEEP/M-1 Challenge Results
    Fedor was basically playing with Aoki. He allowed him to get sub attempts like a flying armbar, a leg lock attempt, and even takedowns like the double leg and a nice seoi-nage. Watching it though,...
  8. Fredson Paixao returns at WEC 42
    World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight Fredson Paixao (8-3) will make his second attempt at a WEC win when he returns at WEC 42. Paixao, who signed with the WEC after a two-year layoff from pro...
  9. Rashad Evans will bother Lyoto Machida on May 23
    “Probably after my fight with Tito Ortiz. After that fight I really believed I could make it. That was when I thought: ‘These guys aren’t that much better than me. I can fight these guys, and I can...
  10. Maia Fighting At UFC 102, But Not For Title
    Those of us figuring Demian Maia was next going to fight Anderson Silva for the UFC Middleweight Title have to wait a bit longer. Maia will return to action at UFC 102, but to keep those title hopes...
  11. - JAMES IRVIN OFF UFC 98 WITH KNEE INJURY
    Light heavyweight James Irvin will not make his UFC return as scheduled, MMAWeekly.com has learned. In an appearance on MMAWeekly Radio Wednesday night, Irvin's manager, Mike Roberts of MMA Inc.,...
  12. Hate stuff, break stuff: Interview with Forrest Griffin
    When fans talk about the overnight success of the UFC, most of the time the first name they mention is that of Chuck Liddell. And while “The Iceman” is indeed responsible for taking pay-per-view buys...
  13. The UFC releases Vinny Magalhaes
    After losing in the finals in last season’s light heavyweight tournament on The Ultimate Fighter, the UFC still had high hopes for Vinny Magalhaes. After all, the man is a black belt in Brazilian...
  14. Efrain Escudero to train with Nogueira brothers in preparation for Cole Miller
    Lightweight winner of the eighth season of The Ultimate Fighter Efrain Escudero will be leaving his usual stomping grounds of Arizona and traveling to Florida in preparation for his upcoming fight...
  15. - XAVIER FOUPA-POKAM STEPS IN TO FIGHT MCFEDRIES
    Just hours after learning that James Irvin was forced out of UFC 98 with a knee injury, MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that Xavier Foupa-Pokam will step in to replace him and face Drew McFedries in a...
  16. Bob Sapp, Jan Nortje, and Jose Canseco added to Dream 9.
    Check out the updated Dream 9 card that features a brand new "Super Hulk" Grand Prix. Only in Japan folks. Dream seems to have completed their line up for Dream 9, which is just a few weeks away on...
    Pages: 2
  17. Dan Hardy Embraces Yanks, Trains With Roach
    UFC welterweight Dan Hardy considers himself an Englishman in LA. The 26 year-old Nottingham native spends most of his days with his girlfriend in the City of Angels. Only training camps take him...
  18. HDNet CEO: DREAM 9 WILL Air Live In US
    US fans won't have to wait 3-4 days to see the many fights, freakshow or not, at DREAM 9. The CEO of HDNet Fights announced today that HDNet, in a change from recent policy, will air DREAM 9 live on...
  19. Injured Yushin Okami out of UFC 98 bout with Dan Miller, replacement coming
    The UFC 98 fight card has been bitten again by the injury bug. After already losing Josh Koscheck and James Irvin to injuries, the May 23 fight card has now lost middleweight contender Yushin Okami...
  20. Ed Herman to replace Yushin Okami
    MMAWEEKLY Just found this
  21. HERMAN OUT, SONNEN IN VS. DAN MILLER AT UFC 98
    It has been a crazy day for AMA Fight Club fighter Dan Miller, who lost his original opponent for UFC 98, Yushin Okami, to a knee injury. He was then expected to face Team Quest member Ed Herman. Now...
  22. Kaufman In Talks To Replace Couture
    Less than 24 hours after Kim Couture withdrew from a scheduled fight with Meisha Tate at SHO MMA: Strikeforce Challenger Series, a replacement is in the works. Sarah Kaufman on Thursday afternoon...
  23. Kyle Kingsbury targeted for return at UFC 102 in August
    "The Ultimate Fighter 8" cast member and longtime King of the Cage fighter Kyle Kingsburg (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will likely return at UFC 102. A source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com Kingsbury...
  24. Joe Lauzon Video Blogs from WWE Backlash
    Joe Lauzon's Video Blog - Live from WWE Backlash Check out Joe Lauzon's video from WWE Backlash last Sunday, apparently Joe and company aren't pro wrestling fans!
  25. SF Fighter Fails Drug Test For 3rd Time
    If the CSAC has a "3 Strikes, You're Out" policy on failed drug tests by fighters, we're about to find out-and see it in action. Jeremy Tavares, who last fought at the 4/11 Strikeforce event, has...
  26. UFC Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights.
    MMA fans can now cast their vote for the top 100 UFC fights of all time. In July Spike TV debuts a five-part series entitled " UFC's Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights" prior to UFC 100, which is the...
  27. Lil’ Nog: Stop lying! Affliction is here to stay…
    “A promotion that has Golden Boy promoter Oscar De La Hoya as an associate, and that might be making ties with HBO television, it is far from collapsing. Affliction has one of the richest men in the...
  28. Up For TUF10, Rex Richards Has Business First
    Could 2009 be the year of Rex Richards? It could be if he has anything to say about. The former professional football player for the National Football League's Indianapolis Colts and the Arena...
  29. What Would UFC Weekly Events Look Like?
    When the UFC renewed its deal with Spike, they mentioned the possibility of live, weekly programming starting in 2010 or 2011. Nobody at the UFC really knows what will replace TUF, but a weekly show...
  30. UFC 98 sneak peek, mian & co-event
    Gonna be crazy Linkmin
  31. Dana White receives Armed Forces Foundation, Humanitarian Award
    link
  32. Toby Imada submits (chokes out) Jorge Masvidal at Bellator V (Pic)
    Worthy of its own post: Toby Imada’s come-from-behind, inverted triangle choke over Jorge Masvidal at Bellator V on May 1. Early candidate for submission of the year? link
  33. BJ Penn's Video Blog - 5-1-09
    VIDEO
  34. Matt Hughes would ‘love to rematch’ Thiago Alves and GSP
    If I beat Serra — and I obviously think I will — and Thiago wins I’d love to get a rematch with Thiago. I think that fight could have gone differently if my knee hadn’t gone out, so I’d love to...
  35. FDA issues warning about America's top supplement line
    "The FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One...
  36. Anderson Silva's UFC title contenders stuck in the middle
    The fallout of Anderson Silva's (24-4 MMA, 9-0 UFC) two recent dull middleweight title defenses – with the UFC feeling the need to "challenge" him with Forrest Griffin (16-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC), a former...
  37. Randy Couture files for divorce
    Yesterday [Apr. 28] Randy Couture served his wife of over two years, Kim Couture, with divorce papers. The news was a shock to those close to the couple and even more to Kim, who pulled out of her...
  38. Benji Radach to Appeal KO Loss to Scott Smith
    Benji Radach cites poor refereeing, among other things, as grounds for an appeal Apparently Radach and camp were not thrilled at how Herb Dean refereed the fight, and are looking to get the decision...
  39. Strikeforce: "Diesel" confident against Baroni, but Shields ultimate target
    Still one month out from his June 6 Strikeforce showdown with Phil Baroni (13-10) in St. Louis, Joe Riggs (29-10) is ready. He's ready for Baroni. He's ready to perform. And he's ready for a chance...
  40. Chris Horodecki to put past behind while preparing for "Fight Force"
    For nine-time IFL veteran Chris Horodecki (12-1), the past year has been a series of unfortunate incidents. His former employer folded. An injury then forced him out of a scheduled bout with Dan...
  41. Robbie Lawler Will Let His Fists Do The Talking
    Never being known as a trash talker is just the reputation that former EliteXC middleweight champion Robbie Lawler looks to have when getting ready for a fight. He simply lets his fists and feet do...
  42. IT IS ALL OVER ... Chuck Liddell Retires!!
    DANA WHITE has confirmed Chuck Liddell will never fight in the UFC again. The former light heavyweight champion suffered his fourth loss in five fights against Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua at UFC 97. That...
  43. Houston Alexander Injured, out of UFC 98
    Houston Alexander joins list of fighters forced off of UFC 98 due to injuries It would seem the injury bug has once again bitten the UFC 98 card, as Houston joins the likes of Frank Mir, Yushin...
  44. Bellator returns to Connecticut and Florida for Week 11 and Week 12 shows
    Bellator Fighting Championships will wrap up its debut season when it returns to Connecticut and Florida for its final Week 11 and Week 12 events. During Friday's Week 5 event at Hara Arena in Dayton...
  45. Paulo Filho Declines Offer To Join Chute Box
    Paulo Filho says he turned down a recent invitation to train with Chute Boxe because he is a "pure" jiu jitsu fighter. The former WEC middleweight champion was invited to join Chute Boxe by the...
  46. UFC Looking at Entering the Magazine Market?
    As MMA has seen an explosion in popularity one of the market segments that has been lifted with this tide has been the MMA magazine industry. The magazine publishing field as a whole is seeing a...
  47. Sarah Kaufman Replaces Couture On 5/15 SF
    With Kim Couture pulling out of the 5/15 SF/ShoMMA event due to divorce rumors, unbeaten fighter Sarah Kaufman has stepped in on less than 2 weeks notice to replace her. Kaufman will face Miesha...
  48. Frank Mir: ''I Would Like To Coach Brock''
    Frank Mir is not bothered much by Brock Lesnar’s trash talk. The UFC heavyweight champion is just a garden variety bully, he says. “It’s like when you go to school and you’re not comfortable with...
  49. Blagoi Ivanov (The man who beat Fedor in Sambo) Set to Face Kazuyuki Fujita at Sengoku IX
    Japanese newspaper Tokyo Sports is reporting that the Bulgarian, Blagoi Ivanov, who defeated Fedor at the Sambo Championships will face PRIDE veteran Kazuyuki Fujita at Sengoku IX. LINK
  50. Renzo Gracie: Don’t sleep on Matt Serra
    People take Matt Serra lightly … In our sport things don’t happen by chance. Luck has nothing to do with it … He’s one of the best fighters I have ever seen in my life. He has huge heart, never...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566