MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua Wants a Rematch with Forrest Griffin
    Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, coming off a first round knockout of former light heavyweight kingpin Chuck Liddell, has an opponent in mind for his next fight. In an interview he did with the Brazilian...
  2. Leaked photo of former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski in sequel to Universal Soldier (Pic)
    Mixed Martial Arts star and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski is featured in the upcoming sequel to the iconic hit film UNIVERSAL SOLDIER. Arlovski joins stars Jean-Claude...
  3. UFC Cuts Josh Burkman
    Although Josh Burkman has been unofficially out of UFC since November when his contract expired it's now official. UFC officially released Burkman several weeks ago, it was revealed today. He was 5-5...
  4. UFC Quick Quote: Matt Hughes now intends to take ‘bathroom breaks’ when Anderson Silva fights
    “ Don’t have much to say about the fight. Thales obviously wanted to fight on the ground and even took Anderson down, but couldn’t keep him there. I really disliked it when Thales would just fall to...
  5. Mir on Lesnar: "I Probably Wouldn't Like Me Either If I Made Myself Tap Out in Ninety Seconds"
    A little less than three months out from his rematch with Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, and Frank Mir is already starting in on the trash talk and mind games in this Raw Vegas interview. He's decided to...
  6. Spike To Air Rogan Comedy Special After TUF 9 Finale
    June 20 will be a good night for Joe Rogan fans. After he's done working the TUF 9 finale, Spike will air a one-hour special from his comedy performance taped the night before UFC 96. And according...
  7. Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Junior Won't Happen Anytime Soon If Ever
    Despite Roy Jones' suggestions to the contrary, the fight between Jones and Anderson Silva will almost surely never happen, at least not on a major stage. First of all, Silva has 3 or 4 more fights...
  8. Chuck Liddell retirement decision likely to come in the ‘next week’ …
    … according to his long-time trainer, John Hackleman, in the latest interview with Action Sports: “It’s going to be done when Chuck decides it’s done and we sit down somewhere on the beach probably...
  9. Strikeforce champion Cung Le won’t turn his back on MMA (Video)
    LINK
  10. Bobby Lashley signs to fight super heavyweight Bob Sapp on June 27
    Former World Wrestling Entertainment star and up-and-coming mixed-martial-arts heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley (2-0) will fight former NFL lineman and kickboxer Bob Sapp (10-3-1) on June 27....
  11. Anderson Silva's Manager, Ed Soares, comments on the fight
    More Anderson Silva news: "Technically, I really didn't see anything wrong with the way he fought. Who goes in there and fights five rounds with somebody and doesn't even have a mark on his face? Not...
  12. "Hanging-up the Gloves: Chuck Liddell is just the Beginning"
    Preview: "Who is next to say goodbye?" This past Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal marked an emotional evening for not just the Iceman, but for the Mixed Martial Arts community as a...
  13. Matt Veach vs. Evan Dunham set for UFC 102 in August
    An intriguing matchup between undefeated lightweight prospects Matt Veach and Evan Dunham has been agreed upon and is slated to take place at UFC 102 on Aug. 29 in Portland, Oregon. link
  14. Rampage to get August Title Shot
    Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson has been pencilled in for an August shot at the light-heavyweight title, Fighters Only has been told. Former champion Jackson might headline either UFC 102 or UFC 103, the...
  15. Shane Nelson Vs Aaron Riley Rematch At UFC 101
    A rematch is in the works for UFC 101 on Aug 8 in Philadelphia as lightweights Shane Nelson and Aaron Riley will do battle for the second time inside of six months after the pair fought to a...
  16. Japan-MMA to Stream DEEP/M-1 Challenge Live From Tokyo
    Big news from one of the finest English-language Japanese MMA blogs on the block: Japan-MMA will stream the DEEP/M-1 Challenge 3rd Edition show live from Differ Ariake in Tokyo next Wednesday, April...
  17. Thiago Alves training with Wanderlei Silva for UFC 100 fight against Georges St. Pierre (Video)
    LINK
  18. Alistair Overeem no longer horsing around with his diet
    I changed my diet, I changed my coach and when I really think about it – I changed everything. From my girlfriend to my training and diet. Before I ate a lot of vegetables that are healthy but...
  19. Efrain Escudero Vs Cole Miller at UFC 103
    According to reports, Efrain Escudero announced during an exclusive chat on his official web site that his first fight back from injury is expected to take place at the yet-to-be announced UFC 103...
  20. GSP Announces Fan Logo Design Contest
    Georges St-Pierre is rapidly becoming an international icon – not only is he one of the strongest, toughest, and most energizing athletes to grace the MMA Octagon, he is also a class act outside of...
  21. Atencio, Rizzo, others slated for Sapp-Lashley PPV
    Affliction VP Tom Atencio, former UFC champ Pedro Rizzo, Gilbert Yvel are among the fighters that are targeted to fight on the June 27 pay-per-view in Biloxi, Mississippi featuring Bob Sapp-Bobby...
  22. Rex Richards, Don Frye, Jesse Taylor at Shark Fights 4
    Shark Fight Promotions are staging a fight in Lubbock, TX on Saturday, May 2. TUF 10 tryout Rex Richards, whose only loss is to UFC HW contender, Shane Carwin, will be making his debut at 265 lbs....
  23. Bobby Lashley Not Going To UFC Anytime Soon
    Bobby Lashley's decision to go back to wrestling, even part-time, has halted his UFC aspirations for now. Dana White apparently doesn't want any association with pro wrestling at this time while he &...
  24. Evans & Jackson Near Altercation At UFC Photo Shoot
    Apparently Rashad Evans & Quinton Jackson can't wait to go at it, Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida be damned. According to Evans, he & Rampage nearly came to blows at a UFC photo shoot recently, with Evans even...
  25. Anderson Silva & Thales Leites Should Both Hang Their Heads In Shame
    That, "quite honestly", is the opinion of Michael Bisping following UFC 97's main event. He clearly thinks the Canadian fans desreved better from the fight and says he's seen more agression from his...
  26. Dana White ready for a war on Chuck Liddell retirement issue
    “Chuck Liddell is stupid rich. Chuck Liddell is done. He’s got nothing left to prove. He’s the most famous guy on Earth. I love him like a ******* brother and I don’t want to see him get hurt. There...
    Pages: 2
  27. Matt Hamill has something new for Brandon Vera at UFC 102
    “I have a lot of things to add. I add more moves every time I fight. Every time I fight, there will always be a new move, so at UFC 102 against Brandon Vera, I’ll have a new weapon that no one has...
  28. Following UFC 97 win (and thanks to wife), Soszynski securely in UFC
    This past weekend's UFC 97 victory over former WEC light-heavyweight champion Brian Stann proved to Krzysztof Soszynski something his wife already knew: He belongs in the UFC. After getting a late...
  29. Wilson Reis vs. Joe Soto set for the second round of Bellator’s featherweight Grand Prix
    The second round of the Bellator Fighting Championships’ featherweight Grand Prix is set to kick off on Friday, May 8 in Texas. One of the featured bouts will pit former EliteXC bantamweight champion...
  30. Next UK UFC Will Be In Manchester Or Liverpool
    The UFC will be returning to the north of England for its next UK show and will be heading to either Liverpool or Manchester. "I am looking at venue agreeements right now, and can confirm we are...
  31. Possible Fedor vs Aoki grappling match in the works
    It's a rumor at this point but I would be very interested in this: "Fedor Emelianenko and Shinya Aoki will square off against each other in a special grappling match at the “Deep M-1 Challenge 3rd...
  32. UFC Possibly To Australia In 2010
    According to sources in Sydney, UFC has contacted Acer Arena (formerly Sydney SuperDome) officials about hosting the first-ever UFC event in Australia in February 2010. Dana White previously...
  33. MMA Quick Quote: Gina Carano would ‘probably’ choose the UFC over Strikeforce
    Frankly, I am absolutely unmotivated by money. And I know that maybe people take that and don’t understand what that means, but I am just not. What I am interested in is people that have respect. Not...
  34. Melendez Not Waiting Around, Asks For Ishida
    When Gilbert Melendez knocked out Rodrigo Damm in Strikeforce a couple of weeks back, not only did he reassert his claim to be the No. 1 contender in the promotion's lightweight division, but he took...
  35. TUF's Noah Thomas Headed To Bellator
    Like many other promotions, ESPN is heading to Chicago to host one of the initial offerings of its Bellator FC series to air on its affiliate Spanish-speaking station, ESPN Deportes. One of the...
  36. Dana White Interview
    An excellent interview with Dana White by InsideFighting.com. Early Wednesday morning InsideFighting Editor Elias Cepeda spoke with UFC President Dana White. On the heels of UFC 97, White spoke...
  37. UFC VP of Operations Talks Credentials
    MMA’s latest controversy has more or less pushed the UFC credential issue to the back burner, but I thought it worth while to post this interview conducted a few weeks ago by insidefighting.com with...
  38. Kevin Randleman will fight anybody, anywhere, as long as it isn’t ‘Feijao’ Cavalcante
    “Now that I’m here, understand this – it comes from the heart. I’ll fight anybody, anywhere. When Scott (Coker) says it’s time to get down and dirty, understand this: I’m not coming to lose, and I’m...
  39. Matt Brown vs. Anthony Johnson official for TUF 9 finale in June
    A potentially exciting welterweight slugfest between Matt Brown (9-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Anthony Johnson (7-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is now official for The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale. First rumored in late...
  40. Feijao-Hamman Added to Strikeforce
    Touted Brazilian Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante will face fellow Pro Elite veteran Jared Hamman in a featured light heavyweight bout for Strikeforce “Lawler vs. Shields” on June 6 at the Scottrade Center...
  41. Pedro Rizzo vs Gilbert Yvel for June 27
    Former Affliction hired help Pedro Rizzo (16-8) and Gilbert Yvel (35-13-1) have been scheduled to face off on the main card of Prize Fight Promotions “Unarmed Combat” scheduled for the Gulf Coast...
  42. MFC 21: Bobby Lashley to debut against Mike Cook on May 15
    One of the most dominating up-and-coming fighters in the world has signed on with the Maximum Fighting Championship. [Prior to his June 27 pay-per-view fight against Bob Sapp for Prize Fight...
  43. UFC 98's Frankie Edgar credits loss to Maynard for evolving his game
    The mark of a great fighter isn't always found in victories. Many times it's how they respond to defeats. UFC lightweight Frankie Edgar (9-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio...
  44. Jeff Monson vs. Patrick Smith - Patriot Act II - April 25
    Headhunter Productions: Patriot Act II April 25, 2009 Holiday Inn Expo Center Columbia, Missouri -Jeff Monson vs. Patrick Smith -Ben Askren vs. Mitchell Harris -Lucas Lopes vs. CJ Fernandes -TJ...
  45. Kawajiri-Cavalcante Set For DREAM 9, Title Shot For Winner
    DREAM today has confirmed a fight between Tatsuya Kawajiri and Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante for DREAM 9 on May 26 as well as raising the stakes. The winner is in line for a title shot on 12/31 after a...
  46. Jeff Curran vs. Takeya Mizugaki In The Works For WEC 42
    If Jeff Curran wants another fight in WEC and to ever get a shot at Miguel Torres, he's got to turn it around fast at WEC 42. Easier said than done-the planned fight in the works pits him against the...
  47. Back In Japan, Shaolin Wants To Conquer US
    Everyone stumbles. Everyone falls. Often at times, people will tend to remember the more negative aspects of life’s trials and tribulations, rather than the moments that really define someone. Those...
  48. Florian Believes Sherk Took Him To The Next Level
    Big fight experience seems to make all the difference in the world when it comes to competing for a title in the UFC. When Kenny Florian steps into his fight against B.J. Penn on Aug. 8, he will draw...
  49. Tavares Out Of TUF9 Bout Vs Guillard
    Back to victories after defeating Manny Gamburyan at UFC 94, Thiago Tavares was reportedly scheduled to face Manny Gamburyan at TUF 9 Finale, at June 20th, but the ATT fighter won’t be able to fight....
  50. Bellator V Card Announced
    Bellator Fighting Championships announced today a lineup of highly anticipated fights taking place at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio on May 1, 2009. This marks Bellator’s fifth event of the 12-week...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542