MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. How Do You Say "No Respect" In Portugese?
    If you know how, please tell Josh Barnett. The top-ranked MMA Heavyweight, who is also the cornerman of Japanese female fighter Hitomi Akano, feels the victory by Cristiane Santos over Akano at SF's...
  2. UFC planning November show in Boston; New York and Toronto in early 2010
    A trio of new host cities will get Ultimate Fighting Championship events later this year or in early 2010 if Dana White gets his way. link
  3. Rampage Jackson: "Rashad got a big mouth"
    “I did the UFC a favor and fought Jardine because Rashad wouldn’t fight me; that’s why I fought Jardine, because I was supposed to fight Rashad after the fight with Wanderlei. Since Rashad got a big...
  4. A Carmichael Dave Exclusive: Dana White on Fedor Emelianenko
    Carmichael Dave: You really need to stop with this Fedor stuff. Jeez… Dana White: Stop what? He is far from the pound-for-pound best in the world! Carmichael Dave: Dana, the dude (Emelianenko) has...
  5. Dana Backs Off Liddell Retirement Talk
    At yesterday's pre-UFC 97 Press Conference, Dana White backed down off statements made last month about Chuck Liddell perhaps being done after tomorrow's fight against Mauricio Rua, even if Liddell...
  6. Dana On Europe: "We're Coming To France Definitely"
    From MMA to MM-Eh now to Le UFC...at yesterday's UFC 97 Press Conference, Dana White revealed that the next stop on UFC's European expansion after Germany is France. Although no date is set Dana says...
  7. Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 2
    Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 2 4/16/09 In his first "real" blog at UFC 97, Dana talks to Chuck about an injury he got in training, the UFC 97 Press Conference, among other things. Check...
  8. 2 More FIghts Added To Sengoku 8 Card
    World Victory Road today announced another 2 fights added to it's Sengoku 8 card on May 2: Non-FWGP fights featuring Maximo Blanco vs. Akihiko Mori and Shigeki Osawa vs. Kota Ishibashi. This brings...
  9. Don Frye Returns To Action May 2
    The latest UFC/MMA legend to make a recent return to fighting is Don Frye. He'll return to action at Shark Fight Promotion's Shark Fight 4 event in Texas on May 2. No, he won't be fighting sharks-his...
  10. Anderson Silva: Georges St. Pierre is a problem that will be dealt with later
    He's the scariest guy in the UFC. Between his entrance song and his devastating finishing power (all eight UFC wins by KO or submission), no one else oozes that feeling that something bad is going to...
  11. UFC 97 Weigh-In Results
    The weigh-ins for UFC 97 have just been completed. Both Anderson Silva and Thales Leites made weight with Silva coming in at 182, but prelim fighter David Bielkheden missed weight. He has some extra...
  12. Brazilian slugger Luis Cane predicting UFC 97 finish of Steve Cantwell
    Brazilian slugger Luis Cane (9-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) is a man of few words. He prefers to let his hands do the talking. And in his main-card opening bout with Steve Cantwell (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at UFC 97 in...
  13. Aoki To Return In July. Back To Lightweight
    Aoki said that he will return to the MMA ring and to the Lightweight division around July. LINK
  14. UFC Crackdown on Streaming Piracy?
    MMAPayout.com has posted before on the UFC”s efforts to stem the tide of piracy of their PPV broadcasts. Up to this point these efforts have mainly been through going after bars and restaurants that...
  15. UFC 2009 demo out now!
    Check out post #9 http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic.aspx?&P=1&ID=31856&Highlight=#P388019
  16. UFC 2009: Undisputed - Hands on demo impressions
    UFC 2009: Undisputed Demo - Hands on Anyone who has not been able to pick up a copy and is wondering how the demo is, give this a read. It's a good write up with a lot of information, and questions...
  17. Cub Swanson Off WEC 40, Moved To WEC 41
    With his WEC 40 fight against Diego Nunes off due to a Nunes injury, Cub Swanson is now off the card and will instead fight next at WEC 41. It'll be a high-risk, high-reward fight as it could be a #1...
  18. Wanderlei Silva Declares War on Anderson Silva
    “He is too cocky. I hope he can read this. … I never talked anything bad about him; I always respected him. He has always been my friend, always respected me, but now he came with that statement. I...
  19. Kingdom MMA Weigh-In Results (Mayhem Vs Hose)
    Kingdom MMA, the new fight promotion from mixed martial arts pioneer T.Jay Thompson, makes its debut on Saturday night at the Neal Blaisdell Center in Honolulu. Headlining the debut event is a battle...
  20. Doing His Job At 185, Silva Again Has Eyes On 205
    On the eve of a possible record-breaking win streak against a heavy underdog, talk of Anderson Silva’s next move is already in the air. He’s a big enough middleweight to make the jump up to light...
  21. Nick Diaz' Drug Test Comes Back Negative For Strikeforce
    A week after he thumbed his nose at the California State Athletic Commission's drug testing policies, MMAInsider has learned the outcome of Nick Diaz's post-Strikeforce test for drugs of abuse....
  22. Bob Cook steps in as match-up consultant for Strikeforce
    FiveOuncesOfPain.com has received a report that another AKA trainer has stepped up to assist with the matchmaking duties at Strikeforce. Crazy Bob Cook has just confirmed via telephone to...
  23. New Korean MMA Org - Fighter Mania Championship (FMC)
    A new big MMA organization which will be called “Fighter Mania Championship” (FMC) is starting in South Korea. The first event is planned to take place in September in Seoul and a press conference is...
  24. UFC 97 video blog with Dana White (Episode three)
    LINK
  25. Underground MMA: Barely controlled chaos
    In Quebec and Alberta, mixed martial arts is a big-money business. But in most of B.C., it's an underground endeavour where rules are sometimes optional, blood flows freely, and fighters go unpaid to...
  26. UFC 97 bonuses: Rua, Soszynski, Stout and Wiman each earn $70K awards
    MONTREAL - Sam Stout, Matt Wiman, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Krzysztof Soszynski each earned $70,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 97: Redemption." UFC 97 took place Saturday at...
  27. UFC 97 Results
    Main Card Bouts (live on pay-per-view): -Anderson Silva def. Thales Leites by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 48-47, 50-46), R5 -Sam Stout def. Matt Wiman by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), R3...
  28. Dana White On Chuck Liddell: 'End Of An Era'
    Liddell will be given his time, but White did not waiver. "At the end of the day, I care about these guys. I don't want to see anybody stick around too long. You're never going to see Chuck Liddell...
  29. UFC 97 sets new North American MMA attendance record
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship's sophomore event in Montreal set a new North American MMA attendance record with 21,451 attendees, who combined for a staggering $4.9 million gate. MMAjunkie.com...
  30. Silva not winning over fans or boss
    Silva won a unanimous decision over Thales Leites in the main event of UFC 97 on Saturday night at the Bell Centre, but it was such a mystifying and dreadful performance that it left UFC president...
    Pages: 2
  31. Dana White ‘embarassed’ with UFC 97 main event
    “I can honestly tell you that I’ve never put on an event that I was embarrassed to be at until tonight. I want to publicly apologize to all the fans…. I apologize. I personally apologize for what...
  32. Hitomi Akano and Josh Barnett talk “Cyborg”
    PDG: Megumi Fujii stated that: “After the ref stopped the fight, Cyborg didn't come over to check on Akano.” Was that more disrespectful or the fact that she showed up to weigh-ins 7 pounds over...
  33. Dana White vlog 4/18 part 1
    Dana White vlog 4/18
  34. "Mayhem" makes quick work of Hose at Kingdom MMA's debut event
    In his first fight since returning from an apparent faux-retirement, Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-6) cruised to a first-round submission win over Hawaiian brawler Kala "Kolohe" Hose (7-3) on Saturday...
  35. Rafael Cordeiro Leaves Chute Boxe
    After more than 20 years of work at Chute Boxe, one of the most recognized MMA coaches from Brazil, Rafael Cordeiro, announced that he is no longer part of Chute Boxe gym. The Chute Boxe style...
  36. Dana White: Chuck Liddell is retired
    MONTREAL – One of the most storied careers in mixed martial arts has come to a close. According to UFC President Dana White, longtime UFC fighter Chuck Liddell, who suffered a first-round TKO loss to...
  37. Catone Vs Munoz @ UFC 102
    As UFC 102 continues to fill up, a middleweight bout has been added as New Jersey fighter, Nick Catone, returns to action to face former NCAA champion wrestler, Mark Munoz, in an undercard match-up....
  38. Anderson Silva: People may not understand my style of fighting (Video)
    LINK
  39. Ed Herman saved career with UFC 97 win; David Loiseau's future uncertain
    Veteran UFC fighter Ed Herman, who entered the UFC after emerging as the middleweight runner-up on "The Ultimate Fighter 3," likely saved his UFC career with a win over David Loiseau at Saturday's...
  40. White apologizes for Silva, still believes "The Spider" is world's best
    The Bell Centre crowd let UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (24-4 MMA, 9-0 UFC) know what it thought of his performance in his UFC 97 main-event victory over Thales Leites (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC)...
  41. Lost in translation
    During the UFC 97 post-event confusion there was a lot of apologizing going on, specifically from Dana White to everyone and Anderson Silva to Dana White. But it turns out that Silva wasn’t as...
  42. Crazy Fans Should Not Overlook Thiago Alves
    Yes "you crazy GSP & Canadian fans", Dana White is talking to you. He's telling them not to overlook GSP's next challenger-Thiago Alves-and that GSP can't start thinking Anderson Silva fight until he...
  43. Despite Recent Losses, UFC Not Likely To Cut MacDonald
    Normally a stretch like 3 losses in your last 4 fights gets you cut from UFC. But Jason MacDonald, who is in such a stretch after losing ot Nate Quarry at UFC 97, may be spared Das Boot. Dana White...
  44. Team England set to make its M-1 Challenge debut against Team Japan on April 29
    England is considered one of the top regions in the world when it comes to the increasing popularity of the sport of mixed martial arts. However, a contingent of British fighters was noticeably...
  45. Eric Schafer vs Tomasz Drwal for TUF 9 Finale
    Light heavyweights Eric Schafer and Tomasz Drawl have signed contracts to fight at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale on June 20th in Las Vegas. MMAFrenzy.com learned of the 205-pound matchup on Sunday...
  46. Spiders and Outsiders
    by Jordan Breen (jbreen@sherdog.com) 17092 Anderson Silva fascinates me. He fascinates me now more than ever. Since his metamorphosis into the human weapon in 2005, Silva has been largely a...
  47. Rashad Evans "I felt so bad for him" (Chuck Liddell)
    “There were no changes. I knew that before the fight because an inside source told me that it was just a front. It’s too late for him. His reactions and ability to take punishment is gone and you...
  48. Dana White bullish on Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre in Toronto
    UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre needs to get by Thiago Alves at UFC 100, and middleweight champion Anderson Silva needs at least another win (likely at light heavyweight). Additionally,...
  49. BABALU OUT OF JUNE 6 FIGHT, FEIJAO STILL ON CARD
    The light heavyweight title fight scheduled for the Strikeforce card on June 6 has been postponed as the champion, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, has been forced out of the bout with the due date of his...
  50. Spider camp calls Silva greasing allegations ‘Ridiculous’
    “How much Vaseline can they put on someone’s eyebrows that’s going to make a difference? Where’s he going to wipe it? If he wasn’t wiping it on his shorts, where would he wipe it? It wasn’t like he...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549