MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Quick Quote: Rich Franklin wants to train with Wanderlei Silva after their date in Deutschland
    He had invited me to train at his gym in Las Vegas before this fight had been scheduled. I have enormous respect for Wanderlei Silva … I’m always in Vegas and intend to train at his academy after...
  2. Strikeforce Results
    STRIKEFORCE RESULTS: Main Card (Televised on Showtime): -Nick Diaz def. Frank Shamrock by TKO at 3:57, R2. -Gilbert Melendez def. Rodrigo Damm by KO at 2:02, R2. -Scott Smith def. Benji Radach by KO...
  3. DAVID BARON VS. ROB EMERSON LIKELY AT UFC 101
    A lightweight contest between David Baron and Rob Emerson appears set for UFC 101 on Aug. 8 in Philadelphia. The Wachovia Center is expected to host the event, although it has yet to be confirmed by...
  4. Frank Shamrock: Nick Diaz kicked my ass
    “I give everything to Nick Diaz. I knew he was a dangerous opponent. Nick kicked my a– tonight; there’s no two ways about it. Nick was just the better man. He hit me in the guts, and that was about...
  5. Benji Radach shatters right hand in Strikeforce loss to Scott Smith
    linkage SAN JOSE, Calif – "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" main-card fighter Benji Radach shattered his right hand and was sent to the hospital following his Showtime-televised loss to Scott Smith...
  6. Carano vs. "Cyborg" Strikeforce title bout targeted for August
    linkage SAN JOSE, Calif. - The female superfight that ProElite built but never promoted may happen as soon as August. At Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" post-event press...
  7. Kevin Randleman signs with Strikeforce, to debut "right away"
    linkage SAN JOSE, Calif. - While light-heavyweight free agent Tito Ortiz garnered the most attention outside the cage at Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz," it was another UFC veteran...
  8. Officials: "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" draws 15,211 for $750K gate
    linkage SAN JOSE, Calif. - The new-look Strikeforce drew what was deemed by arena officials as a "near sell-out" crowd to Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" event. Headlined by...
  9. Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum is "a direction" for Strikeforce future
    linkage SAN JOSE, Calif. - Following Saturday night's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" event at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., the organization began to create buzz for future events by...
  10. Chuck Liddell UFC 97 Video Blog
    Chuck Liddell's UFC 97 Video Blog A day in the life of Chuck Liddell, as we his training regiments, interviews, thoughts on Dana White's controversial video blog, and more.
  11. Notebook: Diaz Calls Cung Le Incomplete
    SAN JOSE, Calif. -- At just 25 years old, Nick Diaz has been a pro for seven years. He has battled bigger opponents regularly and won fans even in defeat. But there was no question who the better...
  12. Luis Cane says rivalry with Thiago Silva can be settled in the octagon
    UFC light heavyweight, Luis “Banha” Cane has revealed that he and fellow Brazilian, Thiago Silva once had a heated rivalry in San Paulo and if Silva wants to settle it he knows where to find him....
  13. Sengoku 8: Wiuff vs. Nedkov Added
    Various sites are reporting that Travis Wiuff, best known as the former Yamma champion, has been added to World Victory Road Sengoku 8 and will face Bulgarian BJJ black belt Stanislav Nedkov. There...
  14. WEC Considering Future Show In Ohio
    While no specific dates were mentioned, WEC has an interest in running future shows in Ohio. What seems to work in Ohio's favor is they typically provide WEC events with strong ratings when they air...
  15. Brock Lesnar Doesn't Really Want To Talk About Fighting Fedor
    It's probably a good idea not to ask Brock Lesnar about fighting Fedor Emelianenko anytime soon, if at all. He simply says there's nothing to talk about until when (if) Fedor signs with UFC, then he...
  16. Ed Herman: It’s win or get cut at UFC 97
    “I think this is going to be a really exciting fight. Hopefully it’s Fight of the Night or Ass Whooping of the Night. I’m looking to finish him as fast as I can…I’ve lost two in a row and if I lose...
  17. Dodging bullets and prison visits keep Houston Alexander focused for UFC 98
    After opening his UFC career with two first-round TKO wins, Alexander has now dropped three-straight contests. But despite the struggles, "The Assassin" recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio...
  18. UFC 104 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson set to return to action
    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson could return to action in October, possibly in his home town of Memphis, Tennessee. Sources close to the Wolfslair Academy trained fighter revealed the news to MMABay...
  19. Werdum calls out Alistair Overeem
    Fabricio Werdum says he has signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce and wants the organisation’s heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem as his first opponent. “I want to fight Alistair and I am...
  20. Tito and Babalu "had to be seperated" at Strikeforce
    Tito Ortiz (pictured) and Renato ‘Babalu’ Sobral reportedly had to be restrained from attacking each other at last night’s Strikeforce event in California. Babalu’s name was announced to the crowd at...
  21. Vera vs. Hamill At UFC 102, Not 101
    Although it was originally planned for UFC 101, it now appears that the planned fight between Brandon Vera and Matt Hamill will instead happen at UFC 102. The fight is being finalized for the August...
  22. - ABU DHABI PRINCE EXPANDING CHINA'S ART OF WAR
    Under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates, the Art of War Fighting Championship 12 “Invincible” returns to...
  23. Mirko Cro Cop: Stop Giving Me Advice On When To Quit!
    It would seem that all the people saying Mirko Cro Cop should quit or retire from MMA are really getting to him. He is now telling people to stop giving him advice on when he should quit fighting,...
  24. Mousasi Gives Up DREAM Title, Mayhem vs. Souza Possible For Title
    According to the TATAME website, DREAM Middleweight Champion Gegard Mousasi has vacated the title to move up to Light Heavyweight. A determination fight has apparently been made for DREAM 9 to crown...
  25. UFC 94 Replay Draws Almost 2 Million Viewers
    Spike TV began spinning the numbers for Saturday's Strikeforce counter-programming they aired, a replay of UFC 94 headined by GSP vs. BJ Penn. They announced the show did a 1.4 cable rating, 1.9...
  26. Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 1
    Dana White's UFC 97 Video Blog - Episode 1 Check out what Dana White has to say in the first video blog since the last fiasco! He makes sure to send a message to the fans in this one, give it a...
  27. Stephan Bonnar vs. Mark Coleman official for UFC 100, slated for prelims
    The fight, which was first reported as a possibility by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in March, is slated for the night's preliminary card, meaning a currently unannounced bout between Jon Fitch...
  28. Strikeforce Payouts
    Link Frank Shamrock’s pride took a hit at Strikeforce “Shamrock vs. Diaz” on Saturday at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., but his bank account emerged in far better shape. The 36-year-old icon...
  29. Crunkilton Out Of WEC 41, Replacement For Cerrone Fight Named
    A change has been made to June's WEC 41 card-Rich Crunkilton, who was to have faced Donald Cerrone, is now off due to an undisclosed injury. James Krause, a WEC newcomer with a 9-0 career mark, is...
  30. Bisping throws his weight behind 'legend' Liddell
    “If the Shogun that we’ve seen in his last two fights turns up, I think Chuck Liddell’s gonna beat him,” Bisping predicted to setanta.com. “It’s a shame to say it because I was a massive fan of...
  31. Cantwell wants to keep it all business at UFC 97
    Q: How do you break down Luis Cane from a technical standpoint? He throws big, hard punches and kicks from the left side. So I've just go to avoid his left and see how good his ground game is. link
  32. Fitch vs. Thiago, Danzig vs. Miller official for UFC 100 in July
    The organization today officially announced a long-rumored welterweight contest between Jon Fitch (18-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) and Paulo Thiago as well as a recently discussed bout involving lightweights Mac...
  33. After odd win over Cote, Anderson Silva has something to prove at UFC 97
    "I wasn't very happy with the way that the fight ended," said Silva, who said he felt a kick he delivered in the second round is what wound up injuring Cote. "I felt that my performance was good in...
  34. Lyoto bets on Silva against Thales or Fedor, and helps train Satoshi Ishii
    “Anderson normally weights 98kg, If Fedor fights him weighting 100kg, I believe Silva would win. Besides being very tactical, Anderson is a way superior technically and I truly believe He has good...
  35. Fedor Discusses his Favorite Fights
    "Every fight is interesting, has its own history and atmosphere. I think all my opponents were tough. That is what I like in this sport. The fighters I most liked to face were (Minotauro) Nogueira...
  36. Strikeforce Ratings Are in, and They're Solid
    Overall the recent show appears to have done the third highest MMA rating in Showtime history. The number isn't some kind of stunning success, but it is very good. They didn't have a pre-fight...
  37. Filho says no to Bellator, back to training at Team Link
    Now after having overcome his demons and back on track, the still valued middleweight fighter is now training out of Ludlow, Mass., with Team Link featuring Gabriel Gonzaga. He is set to make his...
  38. MacDonald Inks Round 5 Deal
    The Fight Network has the info on Jason MacDonald signing a figurine deal with Round 5: Pavelich Sports Entertainment is pleased to announce that Jason “The Athlete” MacDonald has signed a deal with...
  39. USA TODAY Launches Online Mixed Martial Arts Community
    USA TODAY has launched MMA Fighting Stances, an online mixed martial arts community moderated by Sergio Non. MMA Fighting Stances can be found at mma.usatoday.com. With the addition of MMA Fighting...
  40. Strikeforce's Melendez not comfortable waiting on Thomson for return
    The main card of this past Saturday's "Strikeforce: Shamrock vs. Diaz" took a major hit when lightweight champ Josh Thomson was a late scratch. Gilbert Melendez (15-2) saved the show with a stunning...
  41. Video of Charles "Mask" Lewis' Memorial Service
    Charles "Mask" Lewis Memorial Service Video Check out the video as Mike Straka from Fox Fight Game speaks with Lorenzo Fertitta, Joe Rogan, Josh Barnett, and many more.
  42. Frank Trigg offers to "retire" Frank Shamrock
    UFC, PRIDE and Strikeforce veteran – and co-host of MMAjunkie.com Radio – Frank Trigg (19-6) is currently on a four-fight win streak, yet he doesn't know where or when his next bout will take place....
  43. UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo
    The UFC 2009 demo will come out next Thursday 4-23-09. IGN COFIRMATION
  44. Nate Quarry talks UFC 97 & Video Games!
    PDG: UFC 97 in Montréal, Canada is a pretty stacked card; what fights are you looking forward to seeing that night? Quarry: Any time that you get a chance to fight on a card with Chuck Liddell and...
  45. Coleman Granted License For UFC 100
    Now the UFC 100 fight between Mark Coleman & Stephan Bonnar is official following the NSAC granting Coleman a one-fight license. As a rule, all fighters over the age of 35 have to contact the...
  46. Larson Official For UFC 98, Fight Dropped To Prelim
    UFC 98 is now again officially complete with the official announcement that Brock Larson will replace the injured Josh Koscheck and face Chris Wilson. As a result of this change, the Larson-Wilson...
  47. Strikeforce Matchmaker Mendez Quits
    Strikeforce may be about to put out the "Now Hiring" sign for the job of matchmaker. Previous matchmaker Javier Mendez has quit the promotion effective immediately, citing no longer being able to be...
  48. Affliction/Dream Co-promotion Rumor is so crazy it's almost sane
    Want to hear something totally insane and probably not true? That was a rhetorical question. Of course you want to hear this. According to a Croatian newspaper article translated for us by Robert of...
  49. Roy Jones Jr. Called Out Again By MMA Fighter
    But this time it's not Anderson Silva or anyone from UFC. According to GracieFighter.com, Jones is being called out for a boxing match by Strikeforce's Nick Diaz. Such a fight is more likely to...
  50. Pros Picks: Liddell vs. Rua
    A few years back, a showdown between Chuck Liddell and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua would have been a fight fan’s dream matchup. Liddell was the defending UFC light heavyweight champion and at the top of...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566