MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Takeya Mizugaki on Miguel Torres fight: Judges' decision was fair
    Despite the loss, the 25-year-old Shooto veteran remains a top contender in the WEC's quickly crowding bantamweight division. With a multi-fight deal in place and some much-earned respect among WEC...
  2. Griffin still same guy despite ‘cover boy’ status
    “No, I don’t play video games,” said a straight-faced Griffin, in his typical laid-back, self-deprecating humor. “My little brother thinks it’s cool, so that’s important.” link
  3. Sergei Kharitonov: Physical Timeline
    Since most MMA sites put up a “Physical Timeline” of Alistair Overeem, we decided to do the same with Sergei Kharitonov, however in the opposite direction. link
  4. Pancrase Changing Tour 3 - Kitaoka Returns to Pancrase
    The next Pancrase event is shaping up to be something special. Pancrase has some very loyal fighters, and even though Kitaoka has moved on to bigger and better things, he still wants to fight in...
  5. Monson calling out Fedor
    "My goal in DREAM is to fight the best. Ultimately, I want to fight Fedor. If DREAM could set that up it would be great,” he said after disposing of Kharitonov in just 1:42 of the first round. link
  6. Middleweights Chris Leben and Jake Rosholt to meet at UFC 102
    middleweight bout between veteran UFC middleweight Chris Leben (18-5 MMA, 8-4 UFC) and recent WEC transplant Jake Rosholt (5-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will take place in August at UFC 102. A source close to...
  7. Amir Sadollah set to face Johny Hendricks at UFC 101 in August
    Amir Sadollah's (1-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) first opponent at 170 pounds - and first since defeating C.B. Dollaway at the June 2008 "TUF 7" finale - has been set. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned...
  8. Mino and Stallone together?
    The news broke today in the ‘O Globo,’ newspaper that Sylvester Stallone will be inviting Rodrigo Minotauro to participate in a moving being shot in Rio de Janeiro. As discerned by GRACIEMAG.com,...
  9. Welterweights John Howard and Tamdan McCrory to face off at UFC 101
    UFC welterweights Tamdan McCrory (11-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and John Howard (11-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) have agreed to meet in August in the latest addition to the quickly filling UFC 101 card. MMAjunkie.com...
  10. Rodrigo Damm to replace Josh Thompson
    BoDog Fight and Sengoku veteran Rodrigo Damm (8-2) has agreed to fill for the injured Josh Thomson to face Gilbert Melendez on the main card of Strikeforce: “Shamrock vs. Diaz,” set to take place...
  11. Coloring MMA Badd
    When I settled on a topic for this latest post-event opining, I thought I might have some 'splainin' to do as to why I was so sickened with Frank Mir's color commentary for WEC 40. However, after a...
  12. Rivera's Latest UFC Run May Be His Last
    During a radio appearance yesterday, UFC veteran Jorge Rivera said that his split decision win at UFN 18 over Nissen Osterneck could be the start of his final year of fighting before retiring....
  13. John Howard Is No Coward
    And he's made that clear amidst apparently being called that by Anthony Johnson, who Howard was to originally fight at the TUF 9 Finale before being pulled from the fight-a decision that apparently...
  14. TUF 10 Tryouts Draw 250+, 3 Former NFL Pros
    Tryouts for season 10 of The Ultimate Fighter, scheduled to feature Middleweights, Light Heavyweights, and Heavyweights, were held in Seattle yesterday. Early reports are over 250 hopefuls showed up...
  15. Brock Larson and Chris Wilson agree to meet at UFC 98 in May
    linkage Just days after an injury suffered in training forced Josh Koscheck (12-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) out of a UFC 98 bout with Chris Wilson (14-5 MMA, 1-2 UFC), the organization has apparently secured a...
  16. Press Release: UltimateBet Official as UFC Sponsor
    UltimateBet earns the sponsorship rights to the upcoming Ultimate Fighting Championship®97 event in Montreal, where UFC® legend Chuck Liddell will bear the UB logo. Miami, FL (PRWEB) April 7, 2009 —...
  17. California State Athletic Commission Updates Rules/Regulations
    In a press release today, CSAC Executive Officer Bill Douglas announced changes to a number of policies relating to combat sports in California. As many fans of the sport had been hoping for, the...
  18. "Countdown to UFC 97" debuts April 13
    linkage "Countdown to UFC 97," the official preview show for the UFC's next pay-per-view event, debuts Monday, April 13 at 11 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV. Replays of the one-hour special air Thursday,...
  19. Strikeforce: Scott Smith looking to add to highlight reel on April 11
    linkage In the mixed martial arts world, Scott Smith (14-5) is largely known for two things. The first happened on November 11, 2006 in Las Vegas, at the live final of season four of "The Ultimate...
  20. Strikeforce to Offer Upcoming Event Live Online With Extra Features
    The Strikeforce All Access feature will cost $24.95 on Showtime's web site, and it will give viewers the opportunity to choose their own camera angles and their own audio (either the fight call by...
  21. Steinbeiss talks about cancelled UFN 18 Fight
    PDG: How did you find out that your fight with Ryan Jensen was canceled? Steinbeiss: We were about 30 seconds away from stepping up onto the stage for weigh-ins and right then they pulled us aside...
  22. Paul Kelly warns Junie Browning: “I’ll turn your hair red”
    “I don’t care he lost by guillotine because so have I, it means ****. I just wanna fight him because he’s pissed me off” “I’ll kick his ass anywhere and everywhere and make his hair turn red.” link
  23. Take two for Dennis Kang
    fractured his ankle on the first day of training in December for his fight with Alan Belcher and to struggled to get three weeks in before the fight. His performance was less than what was expected...
  24. KENDALL GROVE TO FACE RICARDO ALMEIDA AT UFC 101
    Although an official announcement has yet to be made, sources close to the situation have just informed us that UFC middleweight contenders Kendall Grove and Ricardo Almeida have agreed to face each...
  25. Kyle Kingsbury returns to face Razak Al-Hasan in August
    Ultimate Fighter veteran Kyle Kingsbury will return in August to face Razak Al-Hasan at either a Fight Night or UFC 102. ATO confirmed the fight with a source close to Kingsbury’s camp. link
  26. After fifth "fight night" bonus, Tyson Griffin focused on future, not Urijah Faber
    "I don't see a reason for us to fight," Griffin said. "I think his reason may be to make a big payday. "Talk is cheap with Urijah. He's been saying a lot of things since the first day I beat him and...
  27. UFC's Anthony Johnson: Feud with John Howard far from over
    "I respect every fighter in the business," Johnson said. "I'm not the type to come out and say any negative things. [Howard] just rubbed me the wrong way. "He said as soon as he gets the chance to...
  28. UFC 100 to feature three ’superfights’ in Las Vegas on July 11
    UFC 100, which is slated for the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on July 11, is now official with three “superfights,” including two major title match ups. link
  29. Overeem Likely Back To SF This Year
    Although he will still fulfill his commitments to other promotions this year, Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem likely will return to the promotion this year to defend his title. He...
  30. Bader Injury Update: MCL & PCL Tears, No Surgery
    TUF 8 Light Heavyweight winner Ryan Bader, coming off a decision win at UFC Fight Night 18, revealed yesterday that he has both a torn MCL & PCL but not a torn ACL coming out of the fight. He'll be...
  31. Michael Bisping Is Top 10 Or You're Crazy
    That of course comes straight from the mouth of the TUF 9 UK coach, who says he's ready to face Dan Henderson at UFC 100 and already considers himself Top 10. And thinks it's crazy if you don't....
  32. Strikeforce To Create Interim Lightweight Title
    Or so the plan goes. Sources close to the bout have confirmed that Saturday's Gilbert Melendez vs. Rodrigo Damm fight will be for a Strikeforce Interim Lightweight Championship, but it won't be...
  33. The best hype video the UFC has ever done: Chuck vs. Shogun
    Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio "Shogun"Rua - Time for War! Video A relatively short, albeit awesome highlight video setting up Chuck vs. Shogun next weekend at UFC 97. The UFC really seems to have...
  34. Sonnen vs. Gouveia at UFC 102
    click As the summer time cards for the UFC fill up fast, a middleweight bout has been added to UFC 102 tentatively scheduled for August 29 as American Top Team fighter, Wilson Gouveia, will face...
  35. Exclusive Frank Shamrock Interview
    Frank Shamrock talks upcoming Nick Diaz fight, Elite XC, Ken Shamrock, and more! Frank Shamrock has a lot to say in this interview, including what he thinks of his brother, his upcoming opponent,...
  36. Dos Santos vs McCully...Is Dos Santos being built up bass-ackwards?
    There are some MMA fans who will tell you that Junior Dos Santos is one of the ten best heavyweights in the world. Personally, I think he needs one more win over a credible opponent before he becomes...
  37. MAC DANZIG VS JIM MILLER ADDED TO UFC 100
    Great fight , i think it will be a jim miller ud with takedowns and gnp . LINK
  38. Yamamoto Enters DREAM FWGP
    DREAM will not have the possible nightmare scenario unfold in the next round of the promotion's Featherweight GP-earlier today the promotion announced the next round's fights and they include the...
  39. Kim Couture To Face Tate On 5/15
    Strikeforce has booked the second women's fight in the promotion's history for the 5/15 ShoMMA Challenger Series event on Showtime. The fight will feature Kim Couture vs. Meisha Tate and, in a break...
  40. Galvao Returning To Strikeforce After DREAM Run
    Although Andre Galvao currently has contracts with both DREAM & Strikeforce, his agent has announced that once Galvao's run in the DREAM Welterweight GP has ended he will return to Strikeforce. SF...
  41. Anderson Criticizes Wanderlei’s Move to 185
    They have the same surname, grew up in the same Brazilian city and trained together for years at Chute Boxe. But things have changed, and destiny has put Wanderlei Silva and Anderson Silva on...
  42. Filho To DREAM, Light Heavyweight
    According to the TATAME website, former WEC Middleweight Champion Paulo Filho will return to action at DREAM 9 in May. He will move up to Light Heavyweight for his fight, opponent TBD. Article
  43. Adrenaline 3: Sylvia-Mercer Fight To Be In Cage
    Just when you thought the latest boxing-MMA crossover couldn't get any stranger, it does. The planned boxing match between boxer Ray Mercer and MMA fighter Tim Sylvia at Adrenaline MMA 3, moved from...
  44. MMA Quick Quote: Frank Shamrock is a fight fixer and a robber … not a legend
    “I know he doesn’t want to go to the ground with me ’cause I’d tap him out quick and probably embarrass him. So he’ll try to trade strikes. I don’t mind…. We’ll like I said he’s weak on the ground so...
  45. Pros pick: Shamrock v. Diaz
    Shonie Carter: I must say from experience -- only after dealings with Frank -- I think that it is a bad matchup with him since his athletic ability can only carry him so far. This Nick Diaz is a very...
  46. Cesar Gracie addresses Diaz's statements
    whether Diaz wins or loses tomorrow night I think we can all agree that it won’t be because he smoked weed and watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Link
  47. UFC 100 Sold Out Before Public On-Sale Date
    Want to go to UFC 100 but you're not a Fight Club member or newsletter subscriber? Too late to get tickets. UFC announced today that all 12,000 available tickets for UFC 100 in July are sold out even...
  48. Akano-Cyborg Off
    A featured women’s bout between Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos and Hitomi Akano has been pulled from the line-up at Strikeforce “Shamrock vs. Diaz” this Saturday at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif....
  49. Overeem: "I Will Defend SF Heavyweight Title On June 6"
    Confirming earlier rumors that he would return to the promotion this year, Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem told Jarry Park recently that he is in talks with SF to return to the...
  50. Orange County DA Clears "MasK" Of Drug Use During Fatal Crash
    According to the Orange County, CA DA's office, toxicology tests done by the Orange County coroner's office following the crash that killed TapouT founder Charles "MasK" Lewis have come back, and the...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580