MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Gina Carano Speaks on dating, pictures with Tanya Evinger, returing to MMA, and more.
    Gina Carano talks MMA, dating, Tonya Evinger party pictures, and more. Gina Carano is always an interesting interview, and this one is no exception. Check it out.
  2. Paulo Filho: “I’m more focused now”
    "I’m 100%, training hard with the Master Distak, who is giving a great base, and the Master Oswaldo Alves, who has helped me on the ground, a totally different vision of Jiu-Jitsu. I found a cool...
  3. Anderson Still plans to face Roy Jones Jr.
    PDL – It looks like your dreamed-of bout with boxer Roy Jones, which would mark your retirement, may really happen. Is that true? AS – After my contract with the UFC ends and end my career in MMA, I...
  4. Exclusive: Ryan Bader Talks Post-TUF Debut, Being a Wrestler in the UFC, and Junie Browning’s Curious Path to Stardom
    Bader told us in our exclusive talk with him, he’s aware that winning is necessary, though it isn’t enough by itself. He also has to entertain, and therein lies a difficult conflict for a wrestler...
  5. Lawler vs. Shields Likely For June 6
    As the second Strikeforce event continues to come together, word out of Robbie Lawler's camp is he is set to face Jake Shields on what would be a June 6 event in St. Louis. Other sources close to the...
  6. Former NFL offensive lineman Bobby Jones to try out for “The Ultimate Fighter
    The tenth season of TUF will be casting mixed martial artists in the middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions. It should be noted that a press released issued by Spike lists the...
  7. Sylvia Vs. Mercer Boxing Match Now Off For Now
    The planned main event boxing fight between boxing legend Ray Mercer and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia at Adrenaline MMA 3 on May 30 is now off. The New Jersey State Athletic Control...
  8. Matt Serra Still Doesn't Like Matt Hughes
    Making sure it doesn't get lost in all the upcoming hype for various other fights, Matt Serra today took the opportunity to fire more trash talk in the direction of Matt Hughes ahead of their UFC 98...
  9. Ribeiro vs. Yamamiya Added To Sengoku 8
    A light-heavyweight showdown between Brazilian jiu-jitsu whiz Alexandre "Xande" Ribeiro and veteran Kei Yamamiya has been added to World Victory Road Sengoku 8 on May 2. The fight is the second...
  10. Anthony Johnson vs Matt Brown at TUF 9 Finale
    Just weeks after the proposed match-up between Anthony Johnson and John Howard fell through, Johnson now has a new opponent as "Ultimate Fighter" season 7 competitor, Matt Brown, has been tapped as a...
  11. Sengoku Announces 3rd Sengoku 8 Fight, Welterweight GP
    It's been a busy few days for World Victory Road. Their latest big announcements came today, those being that Makoto Takimoto vs. Michael Costa has been added to Sengoku 8, and the promotion...
  12. UFC 101: Riddle vs Cramer
    A welterweight matchup between former cast mates from the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter pitting Matt Riddle vs. Dan Cramer is now slated to take place at the yet-to-be announced UFC 101...
  13. UFC Quick Quote: Bobby Lashley wants to prove he belongs in the UFC
    I’ve had dialogue with (the UFC) over the past few days. They know where my mind frame is. I hold the UFC in high regard and I believe the UFC is a place where you have to be at a certain level...
  14. CB Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor Set For UFC 100
    Another matchup of TUF alumni is set for later this year, with TUF 7 runner-up CB Dollaway facing TUF 8 alum Tom Lawlor at UFC 100. Lawlor will be dropping to MIddleweight for this fight after...
  15. Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr. practically a done deal
    UFC middleweight champion Anderson “The Spider” Silva seems to be merely biding his time until the completion of his UFC contract to finally test himself in the world of professional boxing. “The...
  16. James Thompson Says He's SF Property, Fighting At Sengoku 9
    James Thompson spoke to The Fight Network today, and made a few things clear. He first announced that he would be fighting at Sengoku: Ninth Battle, which has not been announced as of yet, and wants...
  17. The 10 Best Signature Moves in MMA
    An awesome list of the 10 best signature moves in MMA, compiled by the guys at Cage Potato. link
  18. Joe Riggs Goes Off on Jake Shields
    “(Expletive) Jake Shields’ (expletive) (expletive),” Riggs said. “I have done enough in this sport to be (expletive) treated with a certain amount of respect, and to talk about me like I am a...
  19. Joe Riggs vs. Phil Baroni possible for June
    A rumored match up between welterweight bout between Joe Riggs and Phil Baroni appears to be a very good possibility for a Strikeforce card that is tentatively set for June. link
  20. Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida train together in Belém
    Brazilian Lyoto Machida received an unexpected visit in this last Sunday, in his training academy in Belém: Vitor Belfort, former UFC and Cage Rage champion, today fighting at Affliction, was passing...
  21. Fred Ettish: Where Is He Now?
    For many longtime mixed martial arts diehards, Ettish will be forever associated with his ill-fated appearance at UFC 2 on March 11, 1994, when he entered the cage on a moment’s notice to fight...
  22. Brandon Vera interview: Fans need to stop worrying about postfight antics
    "What we go through to get to that point, all the hard work and the effort that you put in to get that shining moment," told Cage Writer. "That's hitting the damn lottery. How are you going to act...
  23. Gina Carano Still Holding out Hope for Eventual UFC Fight
    It is almost certain that Carano's next fight will be for Strikeforce, I assume the negotiations have more to do with how many fights will be on the contract. However, it's still pretty clear she...
  24. Leben Anticipates August Return, Possibly UFC 102
    Suspended UFC fighter-turned-CEO Chris Leben, running a new gym and fight team during a drug suspension that ends in late July, says a August return to the Octagon appears likely. No specific date...
  25. Another Husband-Wife MMA Couple Emerging
    Fighting, both as a fighter and spectator/supporter, has been a big part of Emily Fisher's life. Between operating a gym run by and training with her husband, UFC fighter Spencer Fisher, Emily Fisher...
  26. DREAM 8 Card Finalized
    DREAM today has unveiled the final card for DREAM 8 on April 5, to be headlined by round 1 of the Welterweight GP. The card also features Jeff Monson vs. Sergei Kharitonov and Murilo Rua vs. Dong Sik...
  27. PETTIS OUT; PALASZEWSKI STEPS IN TO FACE NJOKUANI
    A change has been made to the upcoming WEC 40 card in Chicago as lightweight Anthony Pettis has been forced out of his scheduled fight against Anthony Njokuani with an undisclosed injury. Stepping...
  28. "King Mo" battled through more than just Kawamura for Sengoku win
    "The problem is I have no PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) already," Lawal said. "And now my ACL may be gone." While Lawal's performance in the bout with Kawamura certainly paled in comparison to...
  29. Vince McMahon: UFC Has Hurt Boxing, Not WWE
    In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter in advance of WrestleMania XXV, McMahon talked about the UFC. "Most people thought at one point that we would be competitors. But it turns out they are not...
  30. The mysterious stylings of Professor X—Xavier Foupa-Pokam
    “I have a very violent style,” Professor X says from his compound with the Snake Team. X is Xavier Foupa-Pokam by light of day, and this accounts for his cult following all over his native France,...
  31. MFC 21 Main event: Travis Lutter vs Dean Lister
    Last night on Carsons Corner, MFC President Mark Pavelich announced that Travis Lutter will be taking on Dean Lister at MFC 21 on May 13th. link
  32. WEC 41 Announced: Brown-Faber Headlines, Not PPV
    Versus today announced WEC 41: Brown vs. Faber 2, set to take place on June 7 at Arco Arena in Sacramento. The rematch of WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Thomas Brown (Mike Brown) vs. Urijah Faber...
  33. WEC vets Danillo Villefort and Jesse Lennox expected to meet at UFC 101
    A bout between former WEC welterweights and UFC newcomers Danillo Villefort (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Jesse Lennox (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will likely take place at UFC 101. link
  34. Vancouver says not yet to MMA
    Mixed martial arts isn't returning to Vancouver; at least not yet. Council members voted against having the Vancouver Athletic Commission sanction MMA events Thursday. Instead it has asked the...
  35. Gegard Mousasi to make light heavyweight debut vs. Sokoudjou at DREAM.9
    DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi will make his light heavyweight debut on May 25 at DREAM.9 vs. UFC and Affliction veteran Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. link
  36. ShoMMA Coming Soon To Showtime
    With Strikeforce returning to Showtime, plans are in place to bring back the old "ShoXC" program to Showtime under the name "ShoMMA". The events, with the first one tentatively scheduled for May 15...
  37. Barnett Confronts Aleks Emilianenko
    "If you want a rematch Aleks all you have to do is come up to me somewhere and say something. Talk any kind of sh*t you want and it's on. If you got the guts, we will do it right then and there and I...
  38. This Day In MMA History: March 27
    March 27 is remembered, by MMA fans, as a day that will forever live in infamy. It marked the day Zuffa made a purchase that was to make UFC the MMA megapower of the world. But it ultimately marked...
  39. Wanderlei Silva Will Show All His Heart On June 13
    Despite being in a serious slump lately, Wanderlei Silva says he has no plans to retire soon and will keep fighting as long as people say they'll keep watching his fights because they will be good...
  40. Royce wants GSP
    Royce Gracie was on the Bubba the Love Sponge show yesterday and when asked about his plans to fight again, he said he wanted back into the UFC and was interested in a fight with Georges St Pierre....
    Pages: 2
  41. Province Off WEC 40, Budnik In
    The injury bug is starting to bite WEC, as there has been another late change to the WEC 40 card. Cole Province, who was to have faced Rafael Dias, is now off due to an undisclosed injury. Mike...
  42. Lashley To Face Ex-NFL Player Next
    Bobby Lashley's next MMA fight, scheduled for April 25 at XFC Regional Conflict in Tennessee, is now set. Lashley will face Marcus Jones (4-2), a former NFL player taken in the first round by Tampa...
  43. Lawal To Have ACL Surgery, Out 3 Months
    Muhammad "King Mo" Lawal now has some free time now to admire his "kingdom" from his "throne". He's due to have surgery for a completely torn ACL next week, an injury that apparently was bothering...
  44. Is Mark Ecko In Serious Financial Trouble?
    Possibly, and that's not good for a few notable UFC fighters. Ecko, founder and famed designed of Ecko clothing, is reportedly at least $170 million in debt and may be forced to sell off pieces of...
  45. Jake Shields Responds To Joe Riggs
    When asked about Riggs’ comments that Shields’ “girlfriend or wife probably slaps him around standing up,” the former EliteXC champion said Riggs should focus on his own game. “I think he needs to...
  46. Overeem applauds Bonjasky for services to acting
    On cue, Overeem's girlfriend Anne took to the stage to present a replica ‘Oscar’ statuette to a smiling Bonjasky. Bonjasky did not miss a beat. "I will put this with all my trophies - the big ones!...
  47. Akihiro Gono released from the UFC, now in negotiations with Sengoku
    The UFC has decided to part ways with PRIDE FC veteran Akihiro Gono following his decision loss to Jon Fitch at UFC 94 in January. The loss was Gono’s second consecutive loss in the UFC and it...
  48. Exclusive early look at 'UFC Undisputed 2009'
    Detailed look at the controls, game modes, and basics of the game. link
  49. K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Yokohama Results
    Mitsugu Noda def. Yang Rae Yoo via Unanimous Decision K-1 Heavyweight Title Tournament Bouts Keijiro Maeda def. Melvin Manhoef via KO (Punch) at 2:01 of Round 1 Gokhan Saki def. Tyrone Spong via KO...
  50. Report: Gamburyan vs. Franchi At WEC 41
    Former UFC LIghtweight and TUF 5 runner-up Manny Gamburyan, making a drop to Featherweight, likely will make his 145 debut at WEC 41 against John Franchi. Article
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538