MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Josh Koscheck Is Not Happy
    Josh Koscheck is clearly not happy about the stoppage in his UFC 95 fight with Paulo Thiago. In this backstage video from The Telegraph he insists his hands were up, his eyes were open, and his guard...
    Pages: 2 3
  2. Dana White UFC 95 video blog - 2/21/09
    This one takes place on the day of UFC 95. Dana White UFC 95 vlog 2/21/09
  3. The Offense of ‘Intelligent Defense’
    It didn't deserve a MacArthur fellowship, but I don't see anything defensively dull or dimwitted about Josh Koscheck turning his hips and extending his arm to shield Paulo Thiago from pouncing on him...
  4. Lombard Defends Again At CFC 7 In Sydney
    Middleweight Championship bout -Ron Verdadero v Hector “Shango” Lombard Crowd favorite and CFC veteran Hector “Shango” Lombard returned to Sydney, Australia, to defend his CFC championship belt...
  5. 2009 M-1 Challenge Season Opener - Results
    TEAM FINLAND VS. TEAM BENELUX * Danny Van Bergen (Benelux) def. Juha-Pekka Vainikainen (Finland) via unanimous decision * Jane Tulrinta (Finland) def. Tommy Depret (Benelux) via submission (D'arce...
  6. Paulo Filho Looking At April Return
    Paulo Filho – Everything points to April 3rd, in the United States. The event will be broadcast on ESPN, and should be in Las Vegas. I don’t know the name of the event yet, my agent is coming to...
  7. Hardy Is Ready To Conquer The World, Wants Davis Next
    LINK
  8. Spoiled "Cabbage": Correira Suspended In Contract Dispute
    Wesley Correira isn't exactly the most appealing form of "Cabbage" right now. The CSAC has temporarily suspended him for failing to satisfy a one-fight contract to face Buddy Clinton at a co-promoted...
  9. MM-Nay? Poll Suggests Tough Fight For UFC In NY
    If a recent poll done by a New York state assemblyman is any indication, MMA is going to remain MM-Nay in the state. Assemblyman Bob Reilly (D) this past Friday released the results of a poll he...
  10. UFC Quick Quote: Dan Hardy locks eyes with Georges St. Pierre, thunder cracks
    “There are so many good guys in my division but I managed to lock eyes with Georges St Pierre outside the cage and we had a moment where I was like — ‘I’m coming for you, I’m coming for you.’ But I...
  11. Bellator FC Open To Working With Strikeforce
    You’d be hard pressed to find an avid MMA fan that didn’t want to see Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson face off with East Coast standout Eddie Alvarez. While Thomson carries the belt of...
  12. Urijah Faber wants superfights - BJ Penn, Miguel Torres, Kid Yamamoto
    Urijah mentions that he wants to take some superfights with opponents from different weight classes which include B.J. Penn (at 155), Miguel Torres (at 135), and Kid Yamamoto (at 145). Check out his...
  13. Pa. to allow MMA bouts in the state
    Pennsylvania has joined the growing number of states to allow Mixed Martial Arts, or MMA, events within its borders. The State Athletic Commission announced today it had adopted final regulations...
  14. Kevin Iole Talks UFC 100: Could a Fedor Fight Be in the Works?
    LINK
  15. UFC Building New Stars In England
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship's worldwide expansion will grow later this year as the promotion will travel to Germany, but this is only after spending the last couple of years building a brand...
  16. Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Melendez rematch expected for April 11 Strikeforce event
    With plans to secure separate opponents for Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson and the promotion’s former 155 pound king Gilbert Melendez apparently having following through, sources have...
  17. Diego Nunes vs. Cub Swanson Added To WEC 40
    According to Cub Swanson, he has signed to face undefeated Diego Nunes at WEC 40 in April. Both last fought at WEC 37 and both won by unanimous decisions. Article
  18. UFC Returns To The UK 'At The End Of Summer'
    The UFC will be returning to the UK in around seven months, possibly with two shows in close proximity, according to UFC UK division president Marshall Zelaznik. Speaking to Fighters Only after UFC...
  19. Penn Wants Late Summer Return
    It’s family time for B.J. Penn, which means the UFC lightweight champion might not be back in the cage as soon as others would like. UFC President Dana White told multiple press outlets last week...
  20. Who Has The Best Chance To Dethrone Anderson Silva?
    According to everyone's favorite MMA commentator, Mike Goldberg, the Michael Bisping-Dan Henderson winner at UFC 100. That is, of course, assuming Silva beats Thales Leites at UFC 97 to retain the...
    Pages: 2
  21. Are PPV Percentage Contracts Keeping UFC Stars off European Shows?
    Only one star with a PPV percentage scale built into his contract has ever fought on a European UFC PPV show. His name is BJ Penn, and the show (UFC 80) did 225,000 buys. Given the very small bonus...
  22. Page Shoots For Top 10 At WEC 39
    With the decision by World Extreme Cagefighting to eliminate all weight classes 170-pounds and above, more emphasis will now fall upon the blossoming bantamweight division to fill the gap. Among...
  23. Frank Shamrock again ready to blaze trail
    Frank Shamrock has been on the ground floor of several new MMA companies, so it's nothing new for him to be headlining on the debut of the latest, and perhaps most significant, opposition to the...
  24. Melvin Manhoef: Walking Hand Grenade
    Concussions, knockouts and migraine headaches have been handed out freely throughout the career of one of the absolute most dangerous strikers in the brief history of the sport. Melvin Manhoef is the...
  25. akiyama signs with ufc !!!!!!!!
    link YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
  26. UFC Quick Quote: Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson is bored by Lyoto ‘The Dragon’ Machida
    “Lyoto is a weird fighter, he’s kind of boring. I think that style works for him, the way he makes people run after him. I mean, he’s good, he’s undefeated, but he’s boring. If I was the promoter of...
  27. KING MO - King of Pancrase versus King Mo
    Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal - Sengoku VII PunchDrunkGamer's Justin Bolduc sat down with rising prospect Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal to talk about his upcoming fight against King of Pancrase Ryo Kawamura...
  28. Crunkilton Out, Lamas In At WEC 39
    A late change has been made to Sunday's WEC 39 card, as Rich Crunkilton is now off due to a knee injury. He was to have faced Bart Palaszewski with a potential WEC Lightweight Title shot on the line....
  29. Marcus Davis Wants To Pound Dan Hardy's Face Into Dust At UFC 99
    Marcus Davis is not backing down from a challenge that Dan Hardy issued following a knockout win over Rory Markham at UFC 95: “Sanchez vs. Stevenson” this past weekend. “The Outlaw” mentioned wanting...
  30. Velasquez, Swick Targeted For 99 Returns
    A couple of UFC fighters out of AKA are likely going to make the trip to Germany for UFC 99-top Heavyweight prospect Cain Velasquez and Welterweight Mike Swick are both expected to be in action on...
  31. UFC Announces Full UFN 18 Card
    For it's first trip to Tennessee, UFC is loading up it's April 1 UFN 18 card with 11 total fights. The card will be headlined by TUF 8 winners Efrain Escudero and Ryan Bader as well as WEC...
  32. Keith Jardine Won't Fight Rashad Evans For The UFC Title
    So says Jardine, another guy putting friendships ahead of fists in UFC. Of course Jardine knows such a fight won't happen anytime soon, even if Jardine beats Quinton Jackson at UFC 96, but Jardine...
  33. Shane Carwin UFC 96 Fight Blog (Part 2)
    This week, I've really been amazed and grateful for the support I've been getting in our community. I have some of the most amazing fans and this week has been a strong reminder of that. Here at...
  34. BOWLES OUT; MIZUGAKI TO FACE TORRES AT WEC 40
    Miguel Torres will have a new opponent for his April 5 title defense at WEC 40 in Chicago, as MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that Brian Bowles has been forced out of the bout with an undisclosed injury....
  35. Nick Thompson Signs With Strikeforce
    The latest EliteXC outcast to make the jump to Strikeforce is Nick Thompson. He's not sure when SF will give him his first fight with the promotion, which he'll fight for when he's not fighting for...
  36. Tim Sylvia Set to box Ray Mercer, Affliction bout possible
    In his first action since a July 2008 loss to Fedor Emelianenko, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia will face Ray Mercer in the main event of Adrenaline MMA III. First reported as a possible...
  37. HERRING VS VELASQUEZ AGREED TO FOR UFC 99
    "American Kickboxing Academy heavyweight Cain Velasquez will move up another rung on the UFC heavyweight division ladder when he faces longtime veteran Heath Herring at UFC 99. Sources close to the...
  38. JOSH KOSCHECK RETURNS AT UFC 98
    Never one to sit back and miss an opportunity, UFC welterweight Josh Koscheck will return to action on May 23 as a part of the upcoming UFC 98 card in Las Vegas against an as of yet unnamed opponent....
  39. Rory Markham Fought with a Collapsed Lung at UFC 95
    According to Sheridan's post on mixedmartialarts.com: Rory's a friend of mine, and he's NOT making any excuses, but this is a pretty crazy story. He had a terrible weight cut in London, and cramped...
  40. Former Boxing Champ Rahman Headed to MMA
    Former boxing heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman is coming to MMA sometime this year, according to the fighter’s agent. Rahman, who knocked out Lennox Lewis in 2001 to win the linear heavyweight...
  41. Shane Carwin Is Not Even Close To Reaching His Full Potential...Yet
    That's what he personally thinks of his MMA career so far when talking about his upcoming UFC 96 fight against Gabriel Gonzaga. Scary when you take into account that he's a part-time fighter with a...
  42. Paul Kelly Moving From Welterweight To Lightweight
    Following through on plans to leave the Welterweight division "on a winning note", UFC fighter Paul Kelly has announced he will be dropping to Lightweight for his next fight. Kelly, 2-1 in UFC so...
  43. UFC’s Akiyama a Key to Other Asian Market
    As soon as the news broke Wednesday that Yoshihiro Akiyama was UFC-bound, discussion blazed about Zuffa's continuing international expansion, and the signing's impact toward making inroads in the...
  44. Hasim Rahman MMA Interview: Want's Fedor and to Fight Soon!
    DreamFighters.com Rasim talks about wanting to fight Fedor and becomming the WAMMA heavyweight champion!
  45. * Melvin Manhoef: Not fighting for StrikeForce. Back to K-1 in Japan
    DreamFighters.com It appears Melvin will be fighting back in Japan for k-1!
  46. *Randy Couture Interview: Fedor now Possible!! - Wants Brock Also
    DreamFighters.com Randy Couture talks in a new interview that a fight with Fedor is now possible. Also, he sums up how much he wants a Brock Lesnar rematch!
  47. COUTURE AGREES TO FIGHT WITH NOGUEIRA
    A long-rumored bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture and former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira appears set to take place. Source
  48. The science of doping
    Nature 454, 692-693 (7 August 2008) | doi:10.1038/454692a; Published online 6 August 2008 The science of doping See associated Correspondence: Ljungqvist et al. , Nature 455, 1176 (October...
  49. Bellator On ESPN Deportes - 1st Event Details
    Upstart promotion Bellator Fighting Championships on Thursday announced the first of a 12-week event series featuring tournaments in the featherweight, lightweight, welterweight, and middleweight...
  50. WEC Champ Varner's Injuries Not Career Ending
    Though he got pretty banged up in his second title defense, WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner will fight again. On Thursday, the 24-year-old Arizona Combat Sports fighter passed an eye exam that...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580