MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. War Machine vs Guillaume de Lorenzi at XMMA on Feb. 27 with Phil Baroni out
    XMMA: “Inferno,” which is scheduled for the CEPSUM Amphitheater in Montreal, Canada, on Feb. 27 will have a new main event because Phil Baroni (13-10) had to withdraw from a welterweight showdown...
  2. Matt Arroyo added to list of UFC roster trimmings
    Despite his status as a talented welterweight prospect, potential alone was not enough to keep Matt Arroyo employed by the Ultimate Fighting Championship. FiveOuncesOfPain.com has confirmed that the...
  3. Marquardt hones his game with age
    Three days before his 20th birthday, Nate Marquardt made his professional debut as a professional mixed martial arts fighter, competing on World Vale Tudo card in Durango, Colo. Only four years...
  4. Miletich Talks WAMMA, Sports Agents, UFC Gyms
    Pat Miletich is a legend in the sport of MMA. If the UFC Hall of Fame were a credible one Miletich would surely be mentioned there for his achievements as both a fighter and trainer (just as an...
  5. Couture's future still unclear, is it Big Nog, Cro Cop or Fedor?
    Randy Couture was back in the gym this week as he attempts to comeback from elbow surgery and prep for what looks like a fight sometime during the summer. Couture was offered a match against Antonio...
  6. Evangelista and Cristiane Santos eyeing April 11 Strikeforce card
    While Fiveouncesofpain.com recently reported Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (6-1) was forced to withdraw from XMMA 7 in Montreal due to injury, a new report from Tatame.com suggests she may be ready to...
  7. White confirms UFC 100 to Las Vegas, St. Pierre vs. Alves likely
    As first reported by Yahoo! Sports in January, UFC President Dana White has confirmed that UFC 100 will take place in July in Las Vegas. White confirmed the location of the historic event during a...
  8. Penn says more title bouts in the works
    Penn said his camp is currently negotiating with UFC officials for a lightweight title bout against No. 1 contender Kenny Florian of Boston. "That will probably be this summer, so that's my focus...
  9. EXCLUSIVE: Bisping vs Henderson confirmed for 100
    MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that “Ultimate Fighter” season nine coaches, Michael “The Count” Bisping and Dan Henderson will defiantly face off on the UFC 100 card in Las Vegas, Nevada set for July...
  10. Nate Marquardt on Anderson Silva loss: "Best thing that happened for me"
    The specter of Anderson Silva is, in some ways, haunting Nate Marquardt. "People are asking more about the fight coming up," Marquardt told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) during a day of...
  11. 16 Questions for Don Frye
    With his emergence on the scene at UFC 8 in 1996, Don Frye made an indelible mark upon the mixed martial arts world, both for his fighting prowess and unique style. Rooted in a collegiate wrestling...
  12. New Fedor Interview: Meeting with Dana in June for Lesnar vs Fedor!!!!!!
    DreamFighters.com DreamFighters.com: Will you be fighting on the next affliction Card? Is there been any talks of you fighting Brock Lesnar? Fedor Emelianenko: Yes, I will fight again on the next...
  13. The only thing standing between Wilson Gouveia and Anderson Silva is Nate Marquardt
    “I have a lot of respect for Nate Marquardt. He is a great fighter who always trains really hard and always leaves his all inside the Octagon. After the champion, Anderson Silva, he’s the best...
  14. Diego Sanchez: Joe Stevenson is a whitebelt who’s going to get eaten (Video)
    Link
  15. To get titleshot, Machida cheers for Jardine
    "I'm cheering for Jardine, but I think that Quinton is stronger, hits harder... I think Quinton is the favorite. I think I’ll have to wait a bit more", recognizes the fighter, who expects to make...
  16. Dan Hardy Ready For UFC 95 Homestand
    UFC 95 rolls into view on Feb. 21 at the O2 Arena in London. One fighter who is absolutely chomping at the bit is British welterweight standout Dan Hardy. “I know this is going to sound like a...
  17. Benji Radach Sure He Won't Go The Distance
    Benji Radach says his upcoming fight with Scott Smith is going to be one of those fights that resemble a car crash movie – you know what you're going to see, and you can't turn away. Strikeforce CEO...
  18. Lightweight Ryan Couture earns second amateur win in TUFF-N-UFF main event
    The name Couture carries a lot of weight in the Las Vegas fight scene. As far as Art Martinez was concerned, that weight was about 155 pounds. Martinez offered Ryan Couture no more respect in the...
  19. WEC signs Rafael Assuncao; fight with champ Mike Brown unlikely
    World Extreme Cagefighting's loaded featherweight division just got a bit more crowded. Rafael Assuncao, who has 10 stoppage victories among his 12 career pro victories, has signed a multi-fight deal...
  20. Nick Thompson: To fight or not to fight, that is the question
    Self admittedly, Nick “The Goat” Thompson has come a very long way in his mixed martial arts career since the days when he had to pay $10 just to get a scrap at his local bar. The powerful 170...
  21. Steve Bruno Latest Victim Of UFC Roster Cuts
    American Top Team welterweight Steve ‘Hollywood’ Bruno (12-5-0) appears to have become the latest casualty in a round of roster cuts that the UFC is engaged in. His listing was removed from the...
  22. Wilson Gouveia: "I Don't Need Ten Punches to Put Someone Away. I Just Need One."
    CagePotato.com: Thanks for talking with me, Wilson. How is your preparation coming for the fight with Nate Marquardt? The training has been very intense. I’m taking this fight very seriously. I think...
  23. Caol Uno's UFC return likely to come vs. Spencher Fisher at UFC 99
    A source close to the negotiations today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that former UFC lightweight contender and recent DREAM fighter Caol Uno (27-11-4 MMA, 3-3-1 UFC) will take on UFC...
  24. Former UFC fighter Kimo Leopoldo busted for drug possession
    Former UFC fighter Kimo Leopoldo was arrested by police for drug possession in Tustin, California earlier today after authorities spotted the ex-fighter wearing a Long Beach Police Department...
  25. Florian Hits Back on Penn’s Secret Text/Email Claims
    Sounds like Kenny Florian isn’t buying B.J. Penn’s revised story about the alleged GSP greasing and ‘roiding tip off any more than we are. Talking with Fighters Only, KenFlo dismissed Penn’s claims...
  26. Mirko Crocop Back to Training: Thinking UFC, DREAM and Affliction!
    DreamFighters.com When asked where he will fight next, Mirko had some interesting things to say about DREAM, UFC and even Affliction. When talking about who he will be fighting with next, he...
  27. Rory Markham plans on turning enemies to friends at UFC 95
    It's been a wild ride for UFC welterweight Rory Markham (16-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC). Eight months ago Markham was fighting in front of sparse crowd on the preliminary card of Adrenaline MMA's debut event in...
  28. Why Paul Kelly Feels Sorry For Troy Mandaloniz
    Wolfslair welterweight Paul Kelly says it will be do or die when he gets in the cage with Troy Mandaloniz at UFC 95 on Saturday night. With the UFC cutting its excess weight from its roster of...
  29. A very confident fighter
    Joe “Daddy” Stevenson is hardly putting down a welcoming mat for Diego Sanchez’s move to the lightweight division in the main event of Saturday night’s UFC 95 show in London. Sanchez, known for...
  30. UFC Back On German TV In March
    Its official the UFC will return to German TV on the 7th of March. The first details have emerged of the deal via German network DSF. The 24 hour sports network has posted the following on their...
  31. Thales Leites ready for wherever Anderson Silva takes him at UFC 97
    “I can fight him standing. I will not be afraid to fight him in the standup game. I will never be afraid. I’ve been training my Muay Thai and boxing for five years and I think that I’m ready for any...
  32. Troy Mandaloniz: I might take Paul Kelly's arm home with me at UFC 95
    "It seems like [Kelly] is taking me really lightly," Mandaloniz said. "He's saying that he's stronger than me and that I'm no genius on the ground -- and that I gained all this weight and I'm sitting...
  33. UFC 95 preview
    preview for ufc 95 ufc 95
  34. Frank Shamrock open to Joining the UFC! Wants Tito and Anderson Silva
    DreamFighters.com Frank Shamrock talking about Joining the UFC, and fighting Anderson Silva
  35. UFC 94 Official Attendance, Live Gate Totals Revealed
    So close, and yet so far away. The NSAC has released the official attendance and live gate totals from UFC 94, and perhaps the biggest UFC fight yet didn't turn out to be the biggest draw-2nd in...
  36. Brock Lesnar - From Minnesota Wrestler To UFC Champion (VIDEO)
    VIDEO
  37. Following Strike Box debacle, James Thompson returns at March's Sengoku
    Fresh off a disastrous Strike Box fight with Steve Bosse that nearly caused an arena-wide riot earlier this month, PRIDE and EliteXC veteran James Thompson (14-9) will return to action next month at...
  38. Lauzon Wants Guida Next
    Joe Lauzon is looking to climb the lightweight rankings and wants his next opponent to be one that will help him do that. Lauzon is coming off a submission win over Jeremy Stephens at UFC Fight Night...
  39. “Big” John McCarthy Hints at History of Greasing Problems
    The Los Angeles Times takes a look at various cheating methods in combat sports today, from the illegal substance in Antonio Margarito’s glove to the Vaseline on Georges St. Pierre’s body. The...
  40. UFC Displaying Recession Resiliency
    While billion-dollar companies across the United States have been laying off employees and making other budget concessions during a severe economic climate, the Ultimate Fighting Championship...
  41. UFC signs lightweight Josh Neer to a new four-fight deal
    Following his second-round submission victory over "The Ultimate Fighter 6" winner Mac Danzig earlier this month at UFC Fight Night 17, lightweight Josh Neer (25-7-1 MMA, 4-4 UFC) has signed a new...
  42. Jake Shields Vs Joe Riggs At Next Strikeforce Event On April 11
    Former EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields has reached an agreement to fight for Strikeforce, signing on to the San Jose-based promotion’s April 11 Showtime debut to face veteran Joe Riggs....
  43. Parisyan Remains Under Temporary Suspension
    Keith Kizer, executive director for the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said the suspension of UFC welterweight Karo Parisyan will hold until a formal complaint against him is heard at the...
  44. Zuffa aiming for UFC live events and programming in neighboring Mexico
    In addition to its exploits in Europe, Zuffa was wildly successful with its debut in Canada last year at the Montreal-held UFC 83 “Serra vs. St. Pierre 2.” Now they hope to replicate that success...
  45. Demian Maia: The gentleman black belt
    The National Hockey League presents an annual award called the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy. According to NHL.com, the Lady Byng is an annual award given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the...
  46. David Loiseau 'The Crow Returns to the UFC' Interview
    David Loiseau 'The Crow Returns to the UFC' PunchDrunkGamer's Justin Bolduc sat down with David “The Crow” Loiseau to talk about his UFC return against Ed Herman at UFC 97 in April. PDG: First, it...
  47. With St. Pierre vs. Alves likely, Mike Swick still unsure of next move
    While UFC welterweight Mike Swick (13-2 MMA, 8-1 UFC) had made it very clear in recent months that he was hoping for a bout with Thiago Alves in the near future, recent events have forced a change of...
  48. Ratner: “UFC 97 to go ahead as planned”
    UFC 97 is definetly going ahead http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2000608.html
  49. UFC 95 weigh in event details and information for ‘Sanchez vs Stevenson’
    The official weigh-in event for UFC 95: “Sanchez vs. Stevenson” is set to take place at the Dominion Theatre (268-269 Tottenham Court Road) in London, England, on Friday, Feb. 20. It is currently...
  50. How Mike Budnik, the world's top inline skater, found MMA
    The first Brazilian jiu jitsu lesson for Mike Budnik came just months after he ended a world-class professional inline skating career. He was a gym manager then, about six years ago, overseeing six...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538