MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Josh Koscheck Talks UFC 95, Weighs In On GSP Greasing Allegations
    Josh Koscheck knows he’s not your favorite UFC fighter. But you know something? He doesn’t really care. The way he sees it, his job is to fight, and win, as often as possible. After a highlight reel...
  2. Clay Guida: Bad Hair, Bad Judging Behind Most Of His Split Decisions
    When recently talking about the high number of split decisions in his career, Clay Guida accounted it to equal parts judging and, of all things, his hair. Article
  3. BJ Says Florian Told His Camp About GSP's Greasing (KenFlo Now Denies)
    LINK KenFlo dropping dimes.... Denial props to crushedbacon for this link BETTER SITE
  4. Strikeforce Pay $3 million for ProElite Assets
    In a Securities and Exchange Commission filing released by ProElite, Inc. on Wednesday, the restructuring company disclosed it received $3 million for assets sold to Strikeforce. Those assets...
  5. Frank Shamrock: Breaking people is entertaining
    “I’d be pretty pissed off if someone smashed my coach. Diaz is going to be carrying the pride of his school with him, but a fight’s a fight. Someone’s getting smashed and it’s just not going to be...
  6. Josh Koscheck doesn’t care about Paulo Thiago
    I really don’t know anything about him. To be honest with you, I don’t even know what he looks like. I’ve never seen video on him, nothing. For me, it’s a fight. I expect to go in there and fight and...
  7. Amir Sadollah recovering from surgery, planning drop to 170 pounds
    For Amir Sadollah (1-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC), his UFC dream has become a nightmare. The improbable winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 7" hasn't fought since his June 2008 professional debut against C.B....
  8. Injury forces Shannon Gugerty off UFC 95 card
    With the UFC's next trip to the U.K. growing closer, an injury has forced two-time UFC veteran Shannon Gugerty (11-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) off of the "UFC 95: Sanchez vs. Stevenson" preliminary card. Gugerty...
  9. Free of AFL, Rafael Assuncao seeking April return
    As the Kentucky-based American Fight League continues forward under a self-imposed hiatus, one of its most successful fighters is looking for a new home. Featherweight Rafael Assuncao (12-1) has been...
  10. Tim Sylvia in talks to fight former boxing champ Ray Mercer
    Long-time MMA promoter and manager Monte Cox is looking to think out of the box for his next Adrenaline MMA shows as he is involved in negotiations to finalize the first-ever MMA rules matchup...
  11. Drysdale tests out role as player-coach
    A few moments before the weigh-in for UFC 86 was to begin at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, UFC lightweight Joe Stevenson spotted a reporter standing about 100 yards away. The moments before a weigh-in...
  12. Jackson’s knockout would have felled an elephant
    MMABay spoke EXCLUSIVELY to Mark Kinney, England’s International Boxing coach and one of the men in charge of getting Quinton “Rampage” Jackson ready for his March 7th showdown with Keith Jardine....
  13. DIEGO SANCHEZ DROP TO 155 NOT PERMANENT
    When the announcement was made that perennial Top 10 welterweight Diego Sanchez was making a move to lightweight just about every fighter at 155 pounds took immediate notice. From top contenders on...
  14. Sanchez says he wants Penn after he beats Stevenson
    Although he insists he is not looking past next weekends opponent at UFC 95 in London, England, UFC lightweight, Diego Sanchez has already lined up his next challenge, UFC champion, B.J. Penn. Link
  15. Chael Sonnen & Demian Maia Are Better Than Anderson Silva
    In Chael Sonnen's opinion they are. Sonnen tells USA Today that he believes his opponent at UFC 95:“Sanchez vs. Stevenson, Demian Maia, as well as himself, are the two top middleweights in the...
  16. UFC Signs Another Heavyweight
    Todd Dufee, a 23-year-old Heavyweight with a 5-0 record, has now been signed by UFC. Dufee trains with Antonio Silva and most recently beat former UFC fighter Assuerio Silva in September. Article
  17. NSAC: Parisyan Win Could Become No Contest
    According to the NSAC, Karo Parisyan's recent positive drug test could result in his UFC 94 win over Dong Huyn Kim being changed to a No Contest. Keith Kizer said that the positive sample is one of...
  18. DREAM Announces WWGP Participants-Mach, Aoki Entered
    On the heels of their Featherweight GP, DREAM has begun announcing the participants for their 8-man Welterweight GP. They've loaded it right away, among the announced participants today are perennial...
  19. Roy Jones Jr. Returns - MMA/Boxing Event
    DreamFighters.com Roy Jones Jr. is back, and this time infront of his hometown crowd fighting on a card mixed with MMA bouts. Jones will be facing Omar Sheika at the Pensacola Civic Center on...
  20. Nogueira vs. Couture Still Possible for June
    Although Randy Couture turned down the fight offer last month, opting instead to have a pair of large bone spurs in his elbow removed, it appears "Captain America" could still collide with the UFC's...
  21. Evans addresses 'worse than Tito' comments by Whitehead
    Fighter alum Mike Whitehead poured gasoline on the fire by comparing Evans to Tito Ortiz saying that he's terrible for the sport. Evans has been consistent in saying he's unphased by the criticisim...
  22. Brian Cobb In For Justin Bucholz @ UFC 95
    Riding a nine-fight winning streak, Palace Fighting Championship lightweight titleholder Brian Cobb is stepping in on short notice to face Terry Etim at UFC 95 on Feb. 21 in London, according to a...
  23. Manhoef Booked Up, But Open To Offers
    Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on Sunday told MMAWeekly.com he was eyeing Dutch terror Melvin Manhoef for a spot on one of the 10 Showtime cards expected for the San Jose-based organization in 2009....
  24. Atencio: ''Affliction Will Be Back In 3-4 Months''
    Affliction is still committed to mixed martial arts and will stage its next live event in around three or four months, says company vice-president Tom Atencio. Speaking exclusively to Fighters Only...
  25. Sanchez: ''Weight Cut Hasn't Been Easy''
    Diego Sanchez says he is having some difficulty cutting down to 155lbs for his UFC lightweight division debut next week. Sanchez, who will face Joe Stevenson at UFC 95, revealed this evening that he...
  26. Wanderlei Silva is ready for the move to 185
    Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, and Keith Jardine are all fighters that Wanderlei Silva has faced since returning to the UFC. They are also all light heavyweight fighters that, when they are not...
  27. Tank Abott vs. Mike Bourke bout scratched from Wargods
    Tank Abbot vs. Mike Bourke Mysteriously Scratched From Wargods Event The co main event of the new Wargods promotion was dropped just 24 hours before it was supposed to take place, according to State...
  28. Shamrock To Shamrock: Get Over Your Problems
    Adoptees Frank and Ken Shamrock haven't much got along since younger Frank stepped out from the elder Ken's shadow. As Ken's career has entered its sub-twilight phase, Frank has gotten more and more...
  29. Rules Shift Jeopardizes UFC 97 in Montreal
    The UFC’s second trip to Montreal is in jeopardy following a decision by the Quebec Boxing Commission this week to adhere to regulations that prohibit elbow and knee strikes and other standard MMA...
  30. Kurt Pellegrino: UFC Comeback Kid
    Whoever coined the phrase “you can never go home again” never met Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight Kurt Pellegrino. After a few years fighting out of Florida with mixed results, Pellegrino...
  31. Fedor speaks to all his Fans from Russia
    DreamFighters.com Great Video of Fedor talking to all his fans
  32. UFC To Lose 50 Fighters!
    UFC To Release 50 Fighters? According to The Salt Lake Tribune recently released fighter Derek Downey made the following comments, "They released 50 of us," he said. "We’re on the short list, is how...
  33. Things Heating Up In Quebec - Is MMA Legal?
    LINK I just heard Gabe Morency on the Score and he shed some more light on this as well, I will try to find a link for that.
  34. Josh Barnett Calls Out Kenny Florian
    Kenny Florian is a punk-ass bitch. He thinks he can put on a suit, shave his stubble off, and get in front of a camera, and it makes him some sort of expert on MMA. I think it just makes him an...
    Pages: 2
  35. They just don't get it - Quebec
    The QAC's proposed amendments are not new per se, but a sudden return to what the former regime originally drafted into law. A source close to the commission said that these rules list a maximum cage...
  36. 'Tank' Gets Last-Minute Go-Ahead for Wargods
    David "Tank" Abbott will step back into the cage on Friday after all. link Just a note guys, this event also headlined by Ken Shamrock will be streaming live at 9:30 ET on Sherdog.
  37. Strikeforce Looking at Tournament Format
    Scott Coker is on MMA Weekly's radio show right now, and brought up a very interesting promotional strategy. He mentioned that when he meets with the Showtime people to discuss promotional strategy,...
  38. British Fighting Championship (BFC) Tournament Pairings Announced
    The British Fighting Championship is serious, make no mistake about that, and Friday’s press conference was the culmination of 18 months of behind the scenes work by the promoters involved. Convened...
  39. Fabricio Werdum: UFC heavyweight division is ‘weak’ besides Nogueira
    Props: Tatame.com Quoteworthy: “I would fight with anyone, but if I could choose, I would like to make a rematch with Arlovski. That fight wasn’t cool, it was a debut against an ex-champion. Some...
  40. KJ Noons not fighting Josh Thomson at next StrikeForce
    KJ Noons vs. Josh Thomson is off Noons wants to focus on his boxing career. However, Thomson will still be on the card. Opponent TBD
  41. Mousasi plans move to HW Division
    Gegard Mousasi strolls into the Artemis Hotel in Amsterdam, Netherlands, sporting a simple blue zip-up jacket, a matching baseball cap and two black eyes. You would think that the Dream middleweight...
  42. First BFC Tournament draw complete!
    Many believe the formation of the British Fighting Championship is the biggest step forward in British MMA to date, and the draw for the first tournament is done! Be part of what promises to be a...
  43. Dana White headed to Quebec next week to save UFC 97 show
    According to a new post at Corus Sports, there will reportedly be a meeting next week between the RACJ (which oversees the Quebec Boxing Commission) and UFC President Dana White in regards to what...
  44. John Alessio in talks to fight Shinya Aoki during DREAM welterweight Grand Prix
    Rumors have been sweeping the Internet in recent days pointing to a welterweight affiliated with the Xtreme Couture camp in Las Vegas as being involved in negotiations to fight WAMMA lightweight...
  45. Pat Barry set to make Octagon return at UFC 98 vs. newcomer Tim Hague
    A heavyweight bout between prospects Pat Barry and Tim Hague has been added to the bout schedule for UFC 98 on May 23 in Las Vegas, Nevada. FiveOuncesOfPain.com learned of the new matchup after...
  46. Trigg edges Babcock, Martin upset by Cummings at XCF
    linkage Frank Trigg def. Danny Babcock via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28) Zak Cummings def. Terry Martin via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) Jesse Taylor def. Gert Kocani via...
  47. Josh Koscheck Ready To Take On All Comers
    Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight Josh Koscheck fought four times in 2008, racking up three wins over Dustin Hazelett, Chris Lytle and Yoshiyuki Yoshida, only losing to 170-pound top...
  48. UFC 100 Lands In Vegas: GSP Likely Headliner
    Ever since his defeat of B.J. Penn at UFC 94 at the end of January, Georges St. Pierre and his camp has been mired in a quagmire of debate over his cornermen's use of Vaseline in between rounds. Now,...
  49. UFC 95: No Weighty Concerns For Neil Grove
    Neil Grove is wearing a fresh coat of eye shadow, courtesy of a light heavyweight at Xtreme Couture who plastered him during sparring last week. It was his first trip to the conveyor belt of Las...
  50. Demian Maia is not better than Anderson Silva …
    … but he thinks he can still beat him: “I think my jiu jitsu would give me a very big advantage [against Anderson Silva}. Jiu jitsu is very effective in MMA and vale tudo. I have superior jiu jitsu...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558