MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Ken Shamrock: A lifetime of work has earned me this chance
    Ken Shamrock's days as an elite-level fighter are over. The 45-year-old is comfortable admitting to that reality. But as Shamrock (26-13-2) recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), "The...
  2. XCF To Donate Saturday's Proceeds To Corey Hill Fund
    Xtreme Cagefighting Federation, an 18-month-old promotion preparing to hold their sixth event, "DynaPep Rumble in Racetown" on Feb. 14, has committed to donate a portion of their profits to the...
  3. TKO Leaves Hyped Velasquez Unsatisfied
    TAMPA, Fla. -- Cain Velasquez hears the hype. Viewed by some as a man who can contend for the heavyweight championship sooner rather than later, the 26-year-old American Kickboxing Academy prospect...
  4. Florian, Parisyan Headed to Tri-Star Gym in Montreal
    Coming off the heels of an uninspiring split decision win over Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 94, judo wizard Karo "The Heat" Parisyan will be making his way down to Tri-Star to do some training with...
  5. The Zuffa UFC/WEC Event Mill
    Zuffa, LLC. has just completed a string of four consecutive weeks where they put on a ten fight card (Zuffa, LLC. is the parent company of both the UFC and the WEC). That’s forty fights in four weeks...
  6. Johnson not ready to rumble with GSP
    You have to be pretty good nine fights into your career for fans to be calling for you to fight Georges St. Pierre, or those same fans are just morons. In the case of the Anthony Johnson, the reason...
  7. Paul Taylor/Ben Saunders Injury Updates
    Popular British welterweight Paul Taylor has been forced to turn down an opportunity to compete at UFC 97 on April 18 in Montreal. Taylor suffered a rib injury during his war with Chris Lytle at UFC...
  8. Urijah Faber vs. Wagnney Fabiano possible for WEC 40
    Wagnney Fabiano discusses his return to the cage at WEC 40 , possible opponent Urijah Faber Fabiano returns on April 5th, possible opponent is former featherweight champion, Urijah Faber.
  9. Osterneck vs. Rivera Now Official For UFN 18
    Rumors of a UFN 18 fight featuring WEC import Nissen Osterneck making his UFC debut have now been confirmed. Osterneck says he's officially signed to face Jorge Rivera at UFN 18. Article
  10. Shane Carwin UFC 96 Blog
    MMAWeekly has asked me to blog about my training and update you as I lead into the most important fight of my career, against Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Let me start off by giving you a little...
  11. MFC 20: ‘Destined for Greatness’ fight card announced for Feb. 20
    The Maximum Fighting Championship, one of the elite mixed martial arts organizations in North America, is excited to announce its full card for MFC 20: Destined for Greatness which will take place on...
  12. Joe Lauzon makes his case for fights with Nate Diaz, Hermes Franca
    Not sure exactly where he ranks, but wanting to face fellow contenders, Lauzon had a suggestion for his next match-up: his fellow cast member from "The Ultimate Fighter 5," Nate Diaz. link
  13. Unofficial UFC Lightweight Organizational Rankings
    In order to take a deeper look at just how much depth currently resides on the UFC roster, FiveOuncesOfPain.com will be taking a division-by-division look at each weight class in the UFC from...
  14. Cyborg signs with strikeforce, Carano fight in talks
    Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos agreed to a world-exclusive, four-fight deal over the weekend with the promotion, which landed a multi-year agreement last week to broadcast up to 16 events a year on...
  15. UFC Cuts 2 Fighters Today
    Clearly there is No Love for the lesser-known half of the Mario Bros. today. UFC has cut Rich Clementi & Luigi Fioravanti following their losses Saturday at UFN 17. Article
    Pages: 2
  16. Rumor: Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Koscheck at UFC 98
    Karo Parisyan was recently on Armenian television saying that he will be fighting Josh Koscheck at UFC 98 on May 23. This is strictly a rumor at this point since Koscheck still has to get by Paulo...
  17. UFN 17 Fighter Payouts
    The FSAC has revealed the fighter payouts from UFN 17. The total disclosed payouts were $304,000 with the biggest share-$32,000-going to Kurt Pellegrino. Article
  18. UFN 17 Medical Suspensions
    The FSAC has announced the medical suspensions from UFN 17. Only 4 fighters are suspended, all are sitting out for 30 days. Article
  19. Lyoto Machida video on big win at UFC 94 and more
    LINK
  20. Strikeforce declines to acquire contracts of Antonio Silva and Murilo “Ninja” Rua
    Published reports indicate that Strikeforce acquired a total of 42 fighter of approximately 150 contracts from ProElite during last week’s acquisition of select assets. The San Jose-based promotion...
  21. Derek Downey released by UFC after one fight
    For talented kickboxer Derek Downey, his UFC debut will go down as a bittersweet memory. After getting the short notice call to step in for Amir Sadollah against Nick Catone at this past Saturday’s...
  22. Former UFC fighter Jon “War Machine” Koppenhaver arrested on battery charges in Las Vegas
    Former UFC welterweight Jon Koppenhaver, now legally known as War Machine, has found himself in more legal trouble. A source speaking on the condition of anonymity informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com early...
  23. Nick Diaz and Gilbert Melendez Added to April 11th Strikeforce Card
    Nick Diaz and Gilbert Melendez have been added to the rumored lineup for Strikeforce’s April 11th event at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. According to GracieFighter.com Diaz and Melendez will both...
  24. Is Japanese Invasion On UFC's Horizon?
    If UFC treating top Japanese fighters like VIPs recently is any indication, possibly. It's a thinking recently fueled by UFC signing Japanese star Satoshi Ishii (although he might not fulfill the...
  25. Baroni Likely Headed To Strikeforce
    While he won't return right away when Strikeforce does, Phil Baroni announced recently that he will return to the promotion for a not-yet-announced show in May. Opponent TBA, but it was revealed that...
  26. Report: Nick Diaz vs. Frank Shamrock set for Strikeforce in April
    As the pieces continue to fall into place for the rapidly expanding Strikeforce organization, the California-based promotion now apparently has a main event for their April 11 return to the HP...
  27. Fedor possibly Fighting Alek's on the 21st
    DreamFighters.com On February, 21-th a regular Russian Combat Sambo championship will take place in Nizhny Novgorod. An epic case will occur again - both Emelianenko brothers are set to compete in...
  28. Joe Stevenson banking on small differences to be big factor against Diego Sanchez at UFC 95
    “… I also think it is to my advantage to get him in his first fight at 155lbs.This is his first time he has to make this weight, he’ll be a little nervous about that. It takes a few times to get the...
  29. Strikeforce on Kimbo: It’s not his fault
    “Picture a guy that has some streetfighting capabilities that seems like he can punch pretty good, but put him in an MMA situation. He’s not a journeyman fighter, he’s not a superstar in MMA –- he’s...
  30. Christian Wellisch and Eddie Sanchez added to list of recent UFC cuts
    After Zuffa closed down the welterweight division in the WEC and transferred the top fighters over to the UFC, UFC Vice President of Talent Relations Joe Silva was left with a roster of over 200...
  31. Werdum Wants Fedor
    Fabricio Werdum says his dream schedule for the near future would be a rematch with Andrei Arlovski followed by a fight with Fedor Emelianenko. The Brazilian heavyweight made his UFC debut against...
  32. Jens Pulver NOT Retiring
    ''After sitting for a bit and really thinking about whats next, I have come to terms with my last few fights and the losses that I have been through. I meant what I said I am not done, I am gonna...
  33. Bas Rutten Not Training Kimbo Anymore (VIDEO)
    VIDEO
  34. Fabiano Gets Fredson, Not Faber, At WEC 40
    Amidst rumors that he would meet Urijah Faber at WEC 40, Wagnney Fabiano has now agreed to face Fredson Paixao at the event instead. This confirms as false rumors of Fabiano meeting Faber next,...
  35. Taiki Beats Shoji, Now Confirmed For DREAM FWGP
    The DREAM of D.J. taiki is one step closer to reality. At today's DEEP event at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, taiki beat Shoji Maruyama by unanimous decision to earn a berth in the DREAM Featherweight...
  36. Karo Parisyan tests positive for painkillers after UFC 94
    linkage Former number one welterweight contender, Karo Parisyan, has tested positive for several painkillers, including Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone, following his controversial split...
  37. Josh Thomson fight against KJ Noons reportedly in the works for Strikeforce on April 11
    linkage During a conference call today to promote the upcoming Strikeforce event at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California on Showtime on April 11, the promoters hinted at a possible title fight...
  38. UFC 95 Perview
    link a perview of sanchez vs steveonson and marquardt vs Gouveia
  39. Funny Kurt Pellegrino interview
    Link Check out the interview I did with Kurt over the weekend!
  40. Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar 2 to be ’similar to the first’
    “Technically, Lesnar has the ‘real’ belt and he can claim that, I’m not bothered. But I have accomplished more than him on the road to the title…. I see the rematch being a similar fight to the...
  41. Bellator Fighting Championships' latest signings add international flavor
    The ESPN Deportes-backed Bellator Fighting Championships has signed four additional fighters (from four different countries) for its quickly expanding roster. The latest round of signings includes...
  42. "War Machine" Busted for Fighting at Gay Club
    LINK With a name like War Machine, what do you expect to happen? Former "Ultimate Fighter" badass Jon Koppenhaver, who goes by the aforementioned MMA nickname, was picked up by Las Vegas PD for...
  43. Rich Franklin undergoes successful eye surgery to remove scar tissue
    Rich Franklin, who suffered a deep eye poke during a UFC 93 main-event loss to Dan Henderson on Jan. 17, underwent successful surgery on Feb. 9 to remove scar tissue from his damaged right eye. After...
  44. Brown Vs. Sell Added To UFC 96, Grove & Vera On Prelims
    Ohio native Matt Brown will now get his chance to shine in front of a hometown crowd at UFC 96, as he's set to face Pete Sell in a PPV fight on the card. But relegated to prelim status are main card...
  45. Doctor: Parisyan's Painkiller Cocktail "Unusual"
    It is unusual for somebody to mix the three drugs found in the sample provided by Karo Parisyan this week, according to the UFC’s UK ringside physician. Dr. Chris Lam explained that the three drugs -...
  46. Jason "Mayhem" Miller Vs. Kala Kolohe Hose to Headline Kingdom MMA
    The weekend of March 28th will mark the return of World Class mixed martial arts to the Blaisdell Arena. "I started MMA in Hawaii when nobody gave it a chance. I am more excited today about KINGDOM...
  47. UFC VP Marc Ratner Clarifies Corner Changes
    The news broke at the UFC Fight Night 17 event last Saturday that a rule change had been made in regards to corner men applying Vaseline to their fighters in between rounds, and that only cut men...
  48. Serra Looks Forward To 2009, Hughes Fight
    While limited to only one fight in 2008, it could be said that last year was possibly the most important of former Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight titleholder Matt Serra’s career. After...
  49. Coker: Le Vs. Shamrock 2 Will Happen in 09
    Cung Le has reportedly earned raves for his acting chops in no less than 3 major motion pictures currently in post production, but truth be told, he misses fighting. "He's enjoying his movie star...
  50. Brandon Wolff vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida For UFC 98
    Mixed Martial Arts Development (MMAD) coach and fighter Brandon Wolff (7-3) will return to the Octagon against Japanese import Yoshiyuki “Zenko” Yoshida at UFC 98 on May 23 from the MGM Grand Garden...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580