MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Josh Barnett Speaks on the MMA ban in Vancouver
    DreamFighters.com Nice to see Josh Barnett take a interest in MMA ban's in Canada
  2. Andrei Arlovski signs with Golden Boy Promotions
    Sources have informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com that Andrei Arlovski has signed an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions. Full details of the deal are not known at this time, but Arlovski had been rumored...
  3. Fedor Edition - RARE Fedor Footage
    DreamFighters.com New Fedor footage has been found, and found this article pretty interesting. Enjoyed watching Fedor laugh his head off playing cards.
  4. Dana: 1.3 Million Buys For UFC 94
    Dana White today told the Las Vegas Sun that he expects the PPV buyrate for UFC 94 to be 1.3 million. Although the UFC doesn't officially release PPV figures, UFC 66 in 2006 is believed to own the...
  5. ProElite Sold or Nearly Sold
    After a number of deals falling through at the last minute, it appears Pro Elite has either been sold or is in the very final stages of being sold as of this morning. Under the terms of the sale, the...
  6. Affliction 2 Medical Suspensions
    The CSAC has announced the medical suspensions from Affliction: Day Of Reckoning, and it's a long list. 11 fighters in all were suspended for anywhere from 45 days to 6 months. Article
  7. BJ Penn sends NSAC formal request to investigate Georges St. Pierre at UFC 94
    The legal team that represents lightweight champion BJ Penn — four days removed from a technical knockout loss to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 94 on Jan. 31 — today sent a formal...
  8. Dana White: Expect big fights this year including BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian
    We’ve got Mir and Lesnar coming up, we’ve got possibly Rashad and Rampage, or if it’s not Rashad and Rampage it’ll be Rashad and Lyoto, which I think will be a very good card too. We’ve got all big...
  9. GSP calls out penn for a 3rd match this summer
    link/ link to full interview , go to 95 minute mark says he will rematch in a rash guard , gsp by murder!!
  10. Why Isn't Rampage Jackson Fighting Rashad Evans First?
    After some speculation that turned out wrong, here's the answer from Dana White: When do you think we'll see Lyoto Machida again and who might his opponent be? That's a good question. That's going to...
  11. Dana White Talks Josh Neer, Anthony Johnson, Ultimate Fight Night 17
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship is on a roll on pay-per-view, with events that did in the neighborhood of 1 million pay-per-view buys in each of the last three months -- an unprecedented level of...
  12. Catone Rolls With The Punches For UFC Debut
    Nick Catone has officially been signed to the UFC for several months now, but the New Jersey based fighter will finally make his Octagon debut this Saturday night after his original bout in November...
  13. Joe Lauzon video blog for Jeremy Stephens UFC Fight Night 17 (Day one)
    LINK
  14. Jon Jones has a major advantage
    “I think that’s going to be a problem for a lot of fighters. It comes really natural for people to clinch up, especially when strikes are being thrown, and big hits are landed. Once you do something...
  15. Evan Dunham to replace David Baron @ UFC 95 Vs Per Eklund
    UFC 95 has been hit with another late injury, as French lightweight David Baron has been forced to withdraw from a scheduled undercard bout against Per Eklund. In place of Baron, the UFC has signed...
  16. 11 participants announced for DREAM FWGP
    LINK HEIWA DREAM.7 Featherweight GP 2009 1st Round Date: March 8th, 2009 Place: Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan Featherweight GP Participants: Masakazu Imanari Hiroyuki Takaya Takafumi Otsuka...
  17. Baron Off UFC 95, Newcomer In
    An undisclosed injury has forced David Baron off UFC 95, where he was to have faced Per Eklund. Evan Dunham, a newcomer with a 4-fight contract, will be the replacement. Article
  18. Clay Guida Wants Sean Sherk Next
    Clay Guida tells FiveOuncesOfPain.com that he wants a piece of former lightweight champion Sean Sherk. Unfortunately for Guida it's likely not happening for a while because Sherk is set to face Frank...
  19. Danillo Villefort To Make UFC Debut In April
    Danillo "Indio" Villefort expects to make his UFC debut in April following the cessation of the WEC's welterweight division. The Brazilian has fought just once in the WEC, a first-round TKO of Mike...
  20. St. Pierre: 'I never cheated in my life'
    LINK Georges St. Pierre has had enough. The UFC welterweight champion should be celebrating the four-round pummeling he gave lightweight king B.J. Penn last Saturday at UFC 94 in Las Vegas. Instead,...
  21. StrikeForce buys ProElite
    Seems to be official. StrikeForce buys ProElite. Check it out StrikeForce buys ProElite
  22. Scott Smith takes on Benji Radach at Strikeforce
    First official fight announced for Strikeforce on Showtime; Scott Smith takes on Benji Radach Now that is without a doubt going to be an exciting fight, looks like Strikeforce is continuing to put...
  23. Strikeforce on Showtime
    Word Hey check it out. Great News.
  24. Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua ‘has everything’ to beat Chuck Liddell at UFC 97
    “… Shogun will be better next time. He was out of training and rhythm [against Mark Coleman] … It’ll be a tough fight. Liddell hits hard, but I think my brother will be prepared. He knows what to do....
  25. Bellator exclusively signs Gonzalez, Soto, Garijo and Aguilar
    The upstart Bellator Fighting Championships, which is set to launch on ESPN Deportes in April, today announced four additional signings for its quickly filling fighter roster. Featherweights Nick...
  26. UFC 97: Kongo Vs Hardonk
    Dutch heavyweight Antoni Hardonk (8-4) will face Cheick Kongo (13-4-1) at UFC 97 in Montreal, Fighters Only learned earlier today. Sources in the Netherlands said the bout agreements have been signed...
  27. Most believe that Cain is able
    It may seem absurd to suggest that a guy coming off knee surgery, and with only four professional fights, is all but a lock to be competing for the Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title...
  28. PPV Numbers Come Into Focus (UFC 91,92,93)
    Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter updates the numbers for UFC91 and 92, and portends of a strong number for 93: Update on PPV numbers. For UFC 91 (Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture), the...
  29. Joachim Hansen Update: NYE Withdrawal Contract-Related, Not Injury-Related
    Following his mysterious withdrawal from his New Year’s Eve clash against fellow top 10-ranked lightweight Gesias Cavalcante, reigning Dream Lightweight Champion Joachim Hansen seemed to disappear....
  30. BJ Penn responds to Georges St. Pierre, accepts summer rematch
    BJ Penn responds to comments made by GSP and Greg Jackson BJ basically says GSP is a cheater, and that he accepts the match Georges proposed for this summer.
  31. Andrei Arlovski's Pro Boxing Debut Confirmed
    Andrei to make debut on undercard of April 11th HBO Boxing event Andrei makes his professional boxing debut against an as of yet unnamed opponent on April 11th.
  32. Diaz Likely For April Strikeforce
    Strikeforce's upcoming April card may have just gotten a big hometown boost. Graciefighter.com reports that Nick Diaz, one of it's fighters, likely will be fighting on the card. Article
  33. UFC Fight Night 17 Official Weigh-In Results
    TAMPA - Weigh-ins for "UFC Fight Night 17: Lauzon vs. Stephens" take place today at the Marshall Student Center on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa, Fla. USF also plays host to...
  34. Joe Lauzon's UFC Fight Night Video Blog - Day 2
    Joe Lauzon's Fight Night Video Blog - Day 2 These are really interesting, you never really get to see how much actually goes on the week of the fight, but Joe seems to be a pretty busy man.
  35. UFC HAS NEW RULES FOR CUTMEN AND CORNERS
    Following a week of controversy after the Georges St. Pierre and B.J. Penn fight in which Vaseline was applied to the Canadian by one of his cornermen in between rounds, the UFC has instituted new...
  36. Did ZUFFA drop the ball on women's MMA?
    With Strikeforce recently purchasing the majority of ProElite, look for them to not only create a woman's title in the near future, but to continue signing top ranked talent in that division and put...
  37. World Victory Road/Sengoku is coming to HDNet
    Japanese promotion Sengoku(World Victory Road) has signed to HDNet Fights Sengoku has joined the long list of organizations that will be broadcast live on HDNet.
  38. Chaos in Montreal: Strike Box Causes a Near Riot
    This is a pretty hilarious story. James Thomspon and Steve Bosse were to fight under only stand up rules, but the commission did not approve the rules, they technically it was an MMA fight, but all...
  39. Dan Miller - Any Time, Any Place
    You’d think Sparta, N.J. middleweight Dan Miller would welcome the opportunity, fists and all, to take a fight in snow-proof Florida. “I’m not really a warm weather guy,” he counters. “I like the...
  40. Win or lose, Rich Clementi wants to scrap at UFC Fight Night 17
    Win or lose, UFC lightweight Rich Clementi (32-13-1 MMA, 5-4 UFC) just wants to fight. Clementi is still sour over his October 2008 loss to Gray Maynard at UFC 90, and "No Love" refuses to have...
  41. Next Stop GSP. Alves Starts Preparing
    Sitting cage side for possibly the biggest fight in MMA history, Thiago "Pitbull" Alves had the most watchful eye of anybody in the crowd at UFC 94. He knew that the winner would soon land in his...
  42. "Completely new" Gleison Tibau seeks fresh start at UFCFN 17
    It has been said that the definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over yet expecting different results. After suffering two-straight defeats for the first time in his career --...
  43. The Weekly Wrap: Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
    The Weekly Wrap walks readers through the last seven days in MMA, recapping and putting into context the week's top story, important news and notable quotes. by Jack Encarnacao...
  44. Anderson Silva may not retire after all
    When he came out and we started representing him, I asked him what his long term goal was. He always said he imagined himself retiring at 35. That’s his goal. And my goal as his manager is to set him...
  45. Roy Jones Jr. Plans Boxing/MMA Event for March 21
    Seth Petruzelli, Bobby Lashley, and other mixed martial artists are scheduled to fight on the undercard of Roy Jones' next bout against Omar Sheika. AOL Fanhouse has the details: LINK
  46. UFC Fight Night 17 - Fighter Bonuses
    UFC FIGHT NIGHT 17 AWARDS AND BONUSES (Each fighter received a $30,000 bonus.) UFC Fight Night 17 Fight of the Night: -Josh Neer vs. Mac Danzig UFC Fight Night 17 Knockout of the Night: -Cain...
  47. UFC Fight Night 17 - Results (Spoilers)
    UFC Fight Night 17 Results: Main Card Bouts: -Joe Lauzon def. Jeremy Stephens by Submission (Armbar) at 4:43, R2 -Cain Velasquez def. Denis Stojnic by TKO (Strikes) at 2:34, R2 -Josh Neer def. Mac...
  48. UFC Fight Night 17 Draws 7,596 For $428K Live Gate
    Saturday's "UFC Fight Night 17: Lauzon vs. Stephens" event scored 7,596 attendees at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Fla. The near-soldout crowd accounted for a live gate of approximately $428,000. The...
  49. Olympian Ben Askren, UFC Vet Din Thomas Win In Missouri
    Former Olympian and two-time NCAA Division I national wrestling champion Ben Askren's first professional MMA fight was a quick one. Askren (1-0), a former University of Missouri wrestler, scored a...
  50. Josh Neer is ‘going to bring it win, lose or draw’
    “I had nothing to lose. I was going to go in there and bang it out. I was going to go through whatever I had to go through [to get the win]…. I knew that I had more heart than him…. Win, lose or draw...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568