MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. BJ Penn's Camp Files Complaint With NSAC
    During Saturday’s UFC 94 main event that featured UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre defending his title against UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn, Nevada State Athletic Commission...
    Pages: 2 3
  2. UFC 94 Fighter Salaries
    MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS – Georges St. Pierre $400,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn $125,000 (win bonus would have been $125,000) MAIN CARD FIGHTERS – Lyoto Machida $120,000 (includes...
  3. GSP Greased ??!!
    Here is a Gif to judge for yourselves... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B.J. Penn's Camp Files Formal Complaint Over Vaseline on St. Pierre's Back...
    Pages: 2
  4. Montreal to host UFC 97 in April
    TSN.ca LAS VEGAS - The UFC has confirmed UFC 97 will take place April 18 in Montreal, with middleweight champion Anderson Silva taking on Thales Leites and former light-heavyweight title-holder...
  5. Rage Recap - January 30th
    Morency kicks off the Friday Night Freakshow live at the Palace Station in Las Vegas. LINK
  6. Post fight press conference notes: interest in yamamoto, penn taken to hospital
    Sellout, gate of $4.3M. Lyoto Machida said that he switched up his training some for the fight as far as nutrition and training partners, but didn't indicate there was a significant change in his...
  7. St. Pierre Trainer Responds To Allegations
    The fighters of Greg Jackson’s team are no strangers to ritual inside the Octagon. First there’s the “Jackson nipple tweak,” a bizarre, if amusing, twist of the nipples his fighters often do before...
  8. Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog: Episode 6
    LINK
  9. The Guard Passing That Broke BJ Penn
    "Nothing good will happen for you as long as you're in the bottom side-control position, so you must do what it takes to escape." -- BJ Penn, "The Book of Knowledge", page 238 LINK
  10. Patient Lyoto Machida gunning for Rashad Evans
    “Thiago (Silva) is a great fighter, tough, was undefeated too, but my game was really well planned. We knew how he’d come and that was the result of our training. [Next] I’d like to fight with...
  11. Greg Jackson: St. Pierre rubdown was witchcraft, not cheating
    “So in between rounds, (Team St. Pierre’s Steven Friend) had this little drill that you do – and Phil Nurse is the one who knows how to do it … he rubbed your back and tapped your chest; I don’t know...
  12. Kimo Applies For Role As Head Of CSAC
    UFC veteran Kimo Leopoldo has put himself forward as a candidate for the vacant post of Executive Officer of the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC). He put his application in last week and...
  13. Is this the end of BJ Penn?
    Before the BJ Penn / GSP fight went down, questions were swirling over what BJ was gonna do if he won the welterweight belt. Would he try to defend both? Give up the lightweight belt? Or would he...
  14. Dana Says "UFC Primetime" Will Return
    Following the success of "UFC Primetime: St. Pierre vs. Penn II," which debuted earlier this month and hyped this past weekend's UFC 94 event, UFC President Dana White said the three-part Spike TV...
  15. UFC 94 Medical Suspensions
    The NSAC has just announced the medical suspensions from UFC 94. 4 fighters have been suspended until March, while Chris Wilson got a suspension until July for a broken nose but can be cleared early....
  16. BJ Penn Says Georges St. Pierre "a Bit Greased", But GSP Still the Better Fighter (+ NOT RETIRING)
    It's hard to tell much, but it sounds like Penn - if Penn mans his own Facebook page - accepts the results.
  17. Saunders Out, McCrory Tapped As Replacement
    Another change has been made for UFC's return to Columbus, OH as Ben Saunders has been forced off the card with a foot injury. Tamdan McCrory has been tapped as a replacement to step in and face...
  18. Jose Aldo vs. Chris Mickle a likely late addition to WEC 39 card
    Rising featherweight contender Jose Aldo (13-1), who's won six consecutive fights (including three straight via knockout in the WEC), is expected to meet WEC newcomer Chris Mickle (26-11-1) next...
  19. NSAC Comments on Vaseline Controversy
    The sweat had not yet dried when accusations began to fly against welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre after his lopsided victory against B.J. Penn in the UFC 94 main event on Saturday at the MGM...
  20. Fabiano Set For WEC 40 Return
    Coming off his 3rd-round submission of Top 5 Featherweight Akitoshi Tamura, fellow Top 5 Featherweight Wagnney Fabiano will likely return to action at WEC 40 in April. An opponent for the #4...
  21. Kizer: Penn yet to file UFC 94 appeal, St. Pierre's corner could face action
    While the utter domination of B.J. Penn by Georges St. Pierre during the two champions' UFC 94 main-event bout cannot be questioned, the tactics implemented by the Canadian's team between rounds of...
  22. Mayhem Miller says he's fought a greased up fighter before....
    This time an anonymous MEGA arena, in a mega city, in front of a mega crowd, in a mega show, for what was then mega money to me. The stakes are much higher this time, and I had done my best to...
  23. MMA live UFC 94 Postfight Extra
    Take a look at it, they got GSP at their table and it is amazing how precise was his game plan, and he talked about BJ being in good shape with an example that he saw, he talked about the vaseline...
  24. Brock Larson Set For UFC Debut At UFN 18
    While he won't get the opponent he was proabbly hoping for, WEC welterweight Brock Larson is set ot make his UFC debut at UFN 18 on April 1. He just won't get Carlos Condit though, Larson will have...
  25. UFN 18 At Nashville's Sommet Center
    The UFC has now confirmed UFN 18 for April 1, and also announced that Sommet Center in Nashville will host the event. The arena houses the NHL's Nashville Predators and will be the largest arena yet...
  26. Antonio Silva Revocation Hearing Postponed
    Antonio Silva's license revocation hearing before the CSAC, scheduled for February 10, has now been postponed until April. The postponement was requested by Howard Jacobs, Silva's attorney, due to a...
  27. Shane Roller vs. Benson Henderson At WEC 40
    WEC Lightweights Shane Roller & Benson (Ben) Henderson are set to meet at WEC 40 in April. The fighters take 5 & 7 fight win streaks, respectively, into this fight. Article
  28. Fioravanti: Johnson Is Going To Lose At UFN 17
    While remaining respectful of his foe's weapons, Luigi Fioravanti is very confident that he'll beat Anthony Johnson Saturday at UFN 17. Fioravanti said that "Rumble" won't bring anything to the cage...
  29. Sergei Kharitonov might be fighting at DREAM.7
    Dreamfighters.com DREAM.7: Feather Weight Grandprix 2009 1st Round is slated for March 8, 2009 and will be hosting the opening round of DREAM’s featherweight tournament. Here is a update and...
  30. The Meaning of Lyoto Machida for MMA
    This Jordan Breen piece from Sherdog sums up why some of us have been excited about Lyoto Machida all along. After arguing that Georges St Pierre is the culmination of the first era of MMA, the...
  31. Penn: UFC 94 Fight Was To Be His Last
    Is it really? That's the message possibly being conveyed by Penn coming off his UFC 94 loss to Georges St. Pierre in his first public remarks since the loss. Article
  32. No Apologies From Georges St. Pierre
    Less than two days removed from his successful welterweight title defense, Georges St. Pierre is already in the throes of another battle. Only, this one revolves around Vaseline. B.J. Penn's corner...
  33. Dana White's UFC 94 Video Blog - 1/31/09
    last Dana's blog. Interesting to see how out of proportion the vaseline thing goes, we can see Liddell talking to Dana and then Dana spoke to Rashad and the Crow and was telling that " the cornerman...
  34. Hughes weighs in on St. Pierre
    "...for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy." link hmm...
  35. Satoshi Ishii to Affliction?
    Satoshi Ishii has been reported to of put UFC negociations on hold right now, and is even looking at Affliction as a new home for him. link to dream fighters
  36. WEC 38 Fighter Salaries
    MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS – Jamie Varner $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) def. Donald Cerrone $9,000 MAIN CARD FIGHTERS – Urijah Faber $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Jens Pulver $35,000 –...
  37. WEC Officially Axes Welterweight Division, Announces Flyweights
    World Extreme Cagefighting on Tuesday announced that it would add a flyweight division to the WEC championship divisions, confirming original reports by MMAWeeklky.com. The organization will no...
  38. Dana White Talks P4P & Superfights
    "I still wouldn't call (St. Pierre) pound-for pound the best in the world. But I would say, yea, he's No. 2. No doubt about it," said the high profile president of the UFC. "Anderson Silva has been...
  39. Nate Diaz feels like he whooped Clay Guida’s ass
    “I know I lost the decision in the minds of the judges but I really felt I was whooping his ass the whole fight and he was just holding me. Before the fight people were asking me about his pace and...
  40. Alistair Overeem vs. The World
    Always one to consider his options, the 6' 5? powerhouse is currently in talks with every major fighting organization in the business. “My management is talking with the UFC, K-1, Dream, Strikeforce...
  41. "TUF" outcast Gabe Ruediger looks for fresh start at Gladiator Challenge
    Gabe Ruediger sat in his dressing room inside the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, several minutes away from his first fight in eight months, and his mind raced. "I'm saying to myself, 'Why am I even...
  42. Bobby Green, Carl Seumanutafa join Team USA West for M-1 challenge
    "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" late replacement Bobby Green (7-2) and EliteXC veteran Carl Seumanutafa (4-1) will fight for the debuting Team USA West in the 2009 season of the "M-1 Challenge...
  43. Fedor Wanted Dana To Build Him An Arena!
    You’ll remember a few weeks back, Five Ounces of Pain had an interview with Fedor manager Vadim Finkelstein where Vadim claimed there were no crazy demands for Russian events or Russian fighters...
  44. Rashad Not Worried About Machida
    "I'm not scared," Evans chuckled when asked if he was afraid of the No. 1 contender for his title. "Machida is tough. I gotta lot of respect for him but I'm gonna win." But what about the fact that...
  45. Ian Freeman Faces Jail Over Tax Evasion
    Cage fighter Ian "The Machine" Freeman faced jail last night after failing to pay tax for nearly 12 years. The 41-year-old won the Cage Rage British Light-Heavyweight Championship last year, has a...
  46. Justin McCully injured; Mike Ciesnolevicz in at UFC 95
    Mike Ciesnolevicz to make UFC debut at UFC 95 Due to a cut suffered in training, Justin McCully has pulled out of his fight, leaving UK slugger Neil Grove opponent-less, until Mike C stepped in.
  47. Dana: GSP Victim Of A Stupid Cornerman At UFC 94
    In the latest chapter today of "Vaseline-Gate", Dana White today appeared on a Boston-area radio station to further discuss the incident. White said he thought GSP didn't cheat, was the victim of a...
  48. UFC Quick Quote: Thiago Alves is going to knock Georges St. Pierre out
    “It’ll be a great fight. I’m very excited, I can’t wait … It’s going to be great. I saw what he did with BJ Penn and I’ll have to beat him a lot, do my game. I expected and didn’t expect [St. Pierre...
  49. Exclusive Interview: Cain Velasquez
    Cain Velasquez is a former All-American wrestler and undefeated MMA fighter who has yet to see what the second round looks like in his pro career. This Saturday at UFC Fight Night 17 he faces Octagon...
  50. MMA IS Sacred: There Is a Reason For The Scrutiny of Georges St Pierre
    I want to come clean about greasegate. I'm making this a bit of a crusade and here's why: I love MMA. Its the only sport I care about at all and in these dark economic times it actually gives my life...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575