MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC Quick Quote: Experience tells Matt Hughes BJ Penn should win at UFC 94
    “This weekend is the GSP/BJ rematch, I’ve been doing a lot of interviews on this topic, since I’ve fought both of them (lost to both and beat them both). I think this fight comes down to a lot of...
  2. Thiago Silva: I'll be the last one standing at UFC 94
    Lyoto Machida (13-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) is elusive, that Thiago Silva (13-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) knows. But while many MMA observers continue to debate whether Machida's defensive style is an impressive display...
  3. Master Helio Gracie has passed away
    Master Helio Gracie has passed away It is with great sadness that GRACIEMAG.com announces the passing of Grandmaster Helio Gracie. At 95 years of age, the great icon and one of those most responsible...
    Pages: 2
  4. Penn vs. St. Pierre: fighter predictions
    www.mmasportsmag.com/news_ufc94_predictions.htm Not sure if the weblink posted, as I am on my phone...and can't see if it worked right. So I also typed out the address to paste in the browser if not.
  5. Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog: Episode 4
    LINK
  6. UFC 94 Press Conference Video
    LINK
  7. Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog: Episode 3
    LINK
  8. Stephan Bonnar no stepping stone for Jon Jones at UFC 94
    “I’ve been anxious to get back in there. I’m glad it’s finally here. I’m getting kicked in [my knee], grappling with it. It’s fine. It’s holding up…. He [Jon Jones] knows this is a big shot, I know...
  9. For UFC newcomer Nissen Osterneck, MMA trumped all
    By the start of the second round, Nissen Osterneck was starting to rethink his debut fight appearance. It was August 2006, and Osterneck stared down "Nasty" Nate Edwards in "Full Throttle 8." The...
  10. Penn focused on nurturing talent, not wasting it
    When B.J. Penn was 20 years old, he could sit on the ground and, without using his hands, reach his foot up and scratch his head behind his ears. Now a graybeard of 30, Penn admits that stunt may be...
  11. White is tired of chasing Fedor
    You'd think knockout victories over two former UFC heavyweight champs, would have UFC president Dana White salivating over Fedor Emelianenko. That's not the case according to White who says that he...
  12. Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley At UFC 98
    In his first fight since losing at the TUF 8 Final, Phillipe Nover is set to face Kyle Bradley at UFC 98. This likely is a do-or-die fight for Bradley, 0-2 in UFC. Article
  13. Condit vs Kampmann to Headline UFN 18
    Less than 24 hours after the WEC officially scrapped a March 1 co-main event between welterweight champion Carlos Condit and challenger Brock Larson, the organization may be taking the preliminary...
  14. UFC Primetime: Episode 3 Videos
    Check out both parts of the final UFC hype series here! The episode featured some of BJ's unusual training methods, as well as the all star cast that GSP brought in for his training camp.
  15. UFC Prime Time Episode 3 Ratings
    MMAPayout.com has learned that the third episode of UFC Primetime (10-10:30P) delivered a 0.6 household rating — a .64 among Men 18-49, a .44 among People 18-49, a .60 among Men 18-34 and had an...
  16. Silver Star Making Moves In The MMA Field
    Georges St. Pierre, Rashad ‘Suga’ Evans, Karo Parisyan, Jeremy Horn, Rob Emerson and David Loiseau will have their signature line of shirts debuted at the Silver Star Clothing booth #22148, at the...
  17. Encouraging News For UFC Fighters on UFC Gyms
    The AP reports that BJ Penn and Georges St Pierre will be signing with UFC Gyms. The UFC will create signature gyms branded with the fighters names that would offer the fighters royalties on the...
  18. Arlovski and where he goes next
    Arlovski held a video chat tonight for his fans. Some interesting stuff. Check it out. Talked about his fight with Fedor, his next fight, his boxing career, his "glass jaw", a possible return to the...
  19. Rumor: Affliction is DONE...
    Affliction MMA is Done. Tom Atencio will be making an announcement soon. A third show will probably happen to fulfill Affliction Entertainments larger contract obligations unless a deal with Zuffa...
    Pages: 2
  20. Varner Fears Career-Ending Injury
    WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner’s split decision victory over Donald Cerrone at WEC 38 last Sunday in San Diego, Calif., could become a costly title defense. “I broke my right index metacarpal,...
  21. Bad Situations: An MMAmania.com interview exclusive with Karo ‘The Heat’ Parisyan
    We caught up with Parisyan to ask him about his upcoming fight, and boy did we get our money’s worth. He held nothing back when discussing everything from Mazzagatti’s stoppage of the Alves fight,...
  22. GSP: ''Permanent Move To 185 Won't Happen''
    The idea of a "super fight" has been conceptualized for years, and mixed martial arts is an industry ripe for the addition of star vs. star, the best vs. the best, with jumping weight classes...
  23. Pros Pick: St. Pierre vs. Penn II
    Sherdog.com spoke with dozens of professional fighters and trainers for their thoughts on how the welterweight title fight will unfold. Final Tally: BJ-10 GSP-8 link
  24. Karo May Be Out Of The Fight This Saturday
    MMAmania.com has learned that there are concerns that Karo Parisyan will pull out of his upcoming bout against Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 94. Accordingly, the promotion has opted to line up a Plan B just...
  25. UFC 94 Preview w/PRO PICKS!
    UFC 94 ‘GSP vs. PENN II’ Preview and LIVE Coverage! w/PRO Fighter Picks! Hermes Franca – “Both guys are A+ level fighters and it is really hard to pick a winner for this fight. In my opinion the fans...
  26. Hermes Franca Update!
    Hermes Franca Update After having to pull out of UFC Ultimate Fight Night 18, Hermes Franca informed PDG that he will be having surgery in the next two weeks to repair a torn ACL on his knee and when...
  27. Rob ‘The Dutchman’ Kaman Talks About Training ‘Babalu’ Sobral
    Rob ‘The Dutchman’ Kaman Talks About Training ‘Babalu’ Sobral World renowned kickboxing legend Rob ‘The Dutchman’ Kaman recently started training Brazilian Jiu –Jitsu Black Belt Renato ‘Babalu’...
  28. Machida Stands Behind His Style Going Into UFC 94
    Ryoto (Lyoto) Machida has heard it before. People talk the talk about his style and tactics. But despite all the criticism he stands behind his style and feels very comfortable and confident going...
  29. Long Road Back: MMAmania.com interview exclusive with Stephan Bonnar
    Adam Wagner (MMAmania.com): How’s the knee? Stephan Bonnar: Great. It feels good. Adam Wagner (MMAmania.com): You trained for a long time in Chicago under Carlson Gracie until his passing in 2006....
  30. Penn says his future is all about big fights
    With fights down the road against top contenders like Kenny Florian and Thiago Alves, Penn insists it's not about titles necessarily, but finding the right opponents, and he knows UFC president Dana...
  31. Xavier Foupa-Pokam To Face Kang In UFC Debut
    Cage Rage and Palace Fighting Championship veteran Xavier Foupa-Pokam and middleweight Denis Kang have signed bout agreements to meet at UFC 97. While not yet officially announced by the...
  32. Jeremy Stephens fight ‘a little easier’ for Joe Lauzon
    “On our feet it’s the same fight. Stephens is a brawler but, once it hits the ground, it’s going to be an entirely different fight. Hermes is a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu; Stephens isn’t as good as him...
  33. For Dan Cramer, making his pro debut at UFC 94 makes perfect sense
    Talk to most mixed martial artists about their professional debuts, and they'll describe a smoke-filled bar with peanut shells on the floor or the partially covered parking lot of some small-time...
  34. Dana White's UFC 94 Video Blog - Bonus Footage
    Dana Whites UFC 94 Blog - Bonus Check out this episode of the blog, where we see Henderson and Bisping on TUF, an ESPN interview, and an interview with Kid Yamamoto.
  35. Gamburyan to Start 2009 with a Bang at UFC 94
    The Fertitta brothers had a simple plan for Manny Gamburyan: beat Rob Emerson and start fresh as a WEC featherweight. It was a chance for the Armenian to be a big fish in a little pond. Gamburyan had...
  36. Pros Pick: St. Pierre vs Penn. II
    LINK Pros who picked St. Pierre: 15 Pros who picked Penn: 14 Pros who couldn’t decide: 1
  37. Gina Carano In Super Bowl Commercial
    Sunday's Super Bowl now will feature our "Super Crush". A new Pepsi commercial that will debut during the game will feature MMA star Gina Carano alongside Bruce Lee as part of Pepsi's new advertising...
  38. UFC 94 Weigh In Live
    Starts at 7PM which is 13 minutes from now... link
  39. Brock Larson Vs Jesse Sanders @ UFC Fight Night 18
    With his last fight in August 2008, Larson was looking forward to competing again soon, but his March 1 fight has now been cancelled. The UFC offered Larson the chance to fight in either March or...
  40. Gono Is Fitch's First Stop Back To Title Shot
    Jon Fitch says it’s the fight, and not his spot on the card, that motivates him to put on a good performance. “I don’t worry about that stuff, for me, as long as I’m fighting a top opponent, and...
  41. Varner vs. Cerrone II already in the works for possible Arizona fight card
    A rematch between WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner and number one contender Donald Cerrone is already in the planning stages, according to a CBSSports.com report by FiveOuncesOfPain.com and...
  42. Lindland: ''Only Thing Hurt Was My Pride''
    Matt Lindland says the only injury he suffered was hurt pride after being stopped in 37 seconds by Vitor Belfort at Affliction 2. Lindland was caught with an overhand left that dropped him...
  43. Wanderlei Silva Moving Down to Middleweight
    ESPN's Franklin McNeil reported on MMA Live's weigh-in special that Wanderlei Silva will finally take the plunge down to middleweight. Silva made the decision after going 1-3 in his last three fights...
  44. Thiago Alves ‘praying’ for Georges St. Pierre win
    “I’m praying everyday for St. Pierre — St. Pierre all the way, baby. For myself, for my camp and everybody, the MMA fans … I’m going for GSP!” LINK
  45. Penn: ''GSP Will Tap'' (Video)
    LINK
  46. Quinton Jackson to determine Lyoto Machida's championship fate
    Count Lyoto Machida among the many who will watch closely the UFC 96 main event between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Keith Jardine. After all, Machida's potential title shot rests solely on how...
  47. Machida KOs Silva To Remain Undefeated
    In a battle of unbeaten light heavyweights, Lyoto Machida made his case for why he should the #1 contender for the 205lb title as he knocked out Thiago Silva at the end of the first round at UFC 94....
  48. $65k Fighter Bonuses For UFC 94
    On a night that saw Georges St. Pierre cement his place in history with a 4th round stoppage over B.J. Penn, the UFC handed down $65,000 bonuses to some of the tremendous competitors on the card...
  49. UFC 94 Results
    UFC 94 Results: Main Card Bouts: -St. Pierre def. B.J. Penn by TKO (Referee Stoppage) at 5:00, R4 -Lyoto Machida def. Thiago Silva by KO (Punch) at 4:59, R1 -Jon Jones def. Stephan Bonnar by...
  50. UFC 94: Attendance at 14,855 for a gate of $4.3 million
    Despite a down economy, early numbers for UFC 94 show the event as having set the all-time attendance record for a UFC event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. According to a report by...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541