MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Silva Sues CSAC
    link Suspended fighter Antonio Silva filed a civil action against the California State Athletic Commission on Jan. 7 in Los Angeles Superior Court, the first known case in which a mixed martial...
  2. Griffin Recovering, Expects SUMMERTIME Return
    Maybe all of you guys will finally start to stop taking any notice of The Sun (UK Newspaper) now From MMA Weekly: Reports surfaced early on Tuesday that former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest...
  3. UFC 93 video blog with Dana White (Episode three)
    LINK
  4. Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon on opening SS Combat & Fitness
    I am going to do my best with this column to describe what the last year and half has been like working to open SS Combat and Fitness, as well as address some of the questions or comments posted...
  5. If "TUF" awaits, UFC 93 headliner Rich Franklin ready to give it his all
    For former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin, Saturday's UFC 93 main event fight with Dan Henderson at The 02 in Dublin, Ireland, will answer a lot of questions about his future. With a...
  6. EliteXC Fighters Threaten to File Formal Complaint If Not Released From Contracts
    EliteXC fighters have apparently had enough of waiting around to see what becomes of their contracts, and are now threatening to get tough. MMA Payout reports that many of the fighters have joined...
  7. TUF fishbowl staying as-is
    UFC president Dana White said he’s not going to require the fighters to change anything about the way they behave. That means alcohol stays in the house and the fighters are free to do what they...
  8. British Fighting Championship Launched
    Following on from many discussions during 2008, an alliance of MMA promoters have come together to help the growth of the sport in the UK and to assist home grown talent to the international stage by...
  9. Affliction opens more seats for 'Day of Reckoning'
    Affliction announced today that due to high demand, more seats will be made available for "Day of Reckoning" at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. "Despite the tight economy, fight fans are...
  10. UFC 96 Dilemma and the Problem With Overloading Cards
    As of today, the main event for UFC 96 in Columbus is Shane Carwin vs. Gabriel Gonzaga. As recently as the UFC 92 post-show conference Dana White expressed an interest in having Chuck Liddell...
  11. UFC: 94 Is Sold Out
    To probably nobody's surprise, UFC has announced today that UFC 94, headlined by BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre, is sold out. While some single tickets remain available, seats adjacent to each other...
  12. Building A Megafight, UFC Goes Primetime
    As the big boys on the block, the Ultimate Fighting Championship is used to promoting fights that are considered among the greatest match-ups in mixed martial arts' short history. But the UFC...
  13. Schaefer Gunning For UFC 93 Submission Bonus
    It’s not just a special honor to receive the UFC’s “Submission of the Night” – it also makes your wallet a lot fatter. For Eric “Ravishing Red” Schafer, tax season is coming up, and he wants a few...
  14. Former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber is unfazed over his loss to Mike Brown and expects a war at WEC 38
    Former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah Faber (21-2) had emerged as the face of World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC), racking up five consecutive wins for the Zuffa-owned promotion, and hadn’t tasted...
  15. Rousimar Palhares: “My dream is to fight for the title”
    Sometimes in mixed martial arts, as crazy as it sounds, the positives that come from a loss can outweigh the negatives. Former Pride FC middleweight and light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson put...
  16. Elbow deep in baby poo, re-focused Kendall Grove eager for UFC return
    Kendall Grove didn't answer my call. We set up an interview last week, but he didn't pick up the phone – at least not right away. We ended up connecting just a few minutes after our pre-arranged...
  17. * Mirko Crocop Recovery Pictures!!! - and Update!
    WarriorID.com Mirko is now recovering from his Knee opperation from doctor Hudetza Damir, who has made a complete reconstruction of the right knee.
  18. Jacaré: “I’ll win the Dream title in 2009”
    Without fighting since September, when he had his unbeaten sequence of ten wins in the Dream's middleweight GP final, against Gegard Mousasi, Ronaldo Jacaré wants to go back soon to the Japanese...
  19. UFC 96: Rashad Evans vs Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson
    MMAmania.com can confirm that a main event title fight between newly crowned UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans (13-0-1) and former 205-pound kingpin Quinton Jackson (29-7) could be added to...
  20. Randy Couture: Size will be the difference for ‘Penn vs St. Pierre 2'
    “We’ve seen the best B.J. Penn we’ve seen in recent years, but that was at 155. He had abs, he looked in shape, he had to train to be down there. The question I have is how much quality weight in...
    Pages: 2
  21. WEC Makes Texas Debut In March
    WEC today officially announced WEC 39, the promotion's first foray into Texas. Scheduled for March 1, the card is headlined by WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown and WEC Welterweight Champion...
  22. World beater: Josh Barnett interview exclusive with MMAmania.com
    James Iannotti (MMAmania.com): How do you feel you match up with either Fedor or Andrei? Are both of those fights you feel like you can win? Josh Barnett: Yeah, I think on the feet I can knock either...
  23. Melvin Guillard vs. Ronys Torres latest fight added to UFN 18
    Talented Brazilian lightweight competitor Ronys Torres is scheduled to make his UFC debut against Melvin Guillard during the undercard of UFC Fight Night 18 on April 1. link
  24. Josh Koscheck inks 20-month contract extension with UFC; Eager to fight six times in 2009
    After a unanimous decision loss to Thiago Alves at UFC 90: “Cote vs. Silva” in October 2008 — and an epic spat between officials from his management team at Zinkin Entertainment/American Kickboxing...
  25. UFC 92 drug test results come back clean from NSAC for ‘The Ultimate 2008'
    The Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) announced today that 12 of the 20 competitors who were tested for illegal/banned substances after competing at UFC 92: “The Ultimate 2008? have all passed...
  26. Former UFC heavyweight contender Jeff Monson charged with a felony
    Former UFC Heavyweight Title competitor Jeff Monson has been charged with first degree malicious mischief in Washington for allegedly spray painting an anarchy symbol on the state capitol building....
  27. B.J. Penn: I'm going to try and kill you, but it's nothing personal
    Penn today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he stands behind his claims -- but that it's nothing personal. LINK
  28. Franklin brings fresh approach to UFC 93
    Rich Franklin is meticulous by nature and rarely leaves anything to chance. After working with trainer Matt Hume for a year, though, Franklin might have thought that he spent the first part of his...
  29. Cro Cop Overeem K-1?
    “They’ve offered me to fight Overeem under K1 rules. At 34 years of age ideally I’d like to fight for both organizations. At 34 years of age, I don’t have many more fights left but fighting for both...
  30. Kang Confident Heading Into UFC Debut
    When Pride Fighting Championships was bought by Zuffa many of the fighters under their umbrella moved into the Ultimate Fighting Championship, but many others chose to move on to different promotions...
  31. 411 MMA Interview: A Conversation With Jason High
    411’s Todd Bergman recently had the opportunity to talk with Affliction’s Jason High, who is busy training for his upcoming showdown at Affliction’s “Road To Reckoning” with Jay Hieron. High...
  32. New Fedor vs. Arlovski Preview Video - Affliction 2
    DreamFighters.com New Fedor vs. Arlovski Preview Video - Affliction 2
  33. Pros Pick: Henderson vs. Franklin
    With the winner penciled in to coach alongside Michael Bisping on the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Sherdog.com caught up with plenty of professional fighters and trainers for their...
  34. UFC: Mark Coleman still gunning for a shot at Brock Lesnar
    He was in fine fettle. “I don’t turn down a fight. It was a huge opportunity against this big, enormous guy. I would not back down if the opportunity arises again. When I found out he was going to do...
  35. Heath Herring is fighting at UFC 97 (Montreal) - Official
    DreamFighters.com Heath Herring is fighting at UFC 97 (Montreal) - Official, according to his fight team and management!
  36. Pro's Pick: Coleman vs. Shogun II
    Sherdog caught up with 25 pros to get their picks on the upcoming rematch at UFC 93. Link 19 took Shogun, 4 went with Coleman, and 2 couldn't decide. I was suprised to see Tompkins pick Coleman,...
  37. Tyson Griffin to return at Fight Night 18
    After what will be more than a six-month layoff, UFC lightweight contender Tyson Griffin (12-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) will return to action in April at UFC Fight Night 18. A source close to the Xtreme Couture...
  38. BJ Penn's Trainer Calls Dana White a "Drama King"
    UFC Primetime tried to insert what the BJ Penn camp unequivocally calls a non-issue. That is, there is a storyline being pursued that suggests Penn is taking a vacation in the middle of his training...
  39. UFC 93 video: Press conference highlights for ‘Franklin vs. Henderson’
    LINK
  40. Ken Shamrock Vs Bo Cantrell @ Valentine's Day Massacre
    TheGARV.com: Hey, Ken. This is quite a thrill for me. I’ve been following your career since UFC 1. I know you have a fight coming up next month. Who are you fighting? Ken Shamrock: I’m fighting Bo...
  41. Irish debutant Egan wanted no part of "The Ultimate Fighter"
    He's not the first guy to pass on an opportunity to try out for the UFC's reality show but it is interesting to hear why Irishman Thomas Egan wanted no part of the UFC's highly successful reality...
  42. UFC 93 video blog with Dana White (Episode four)
    LINK
  43. UFC Primetime Premiere Draws Over 1.4 Million Total Viewers
    MMAPayout.com has learned that the premiere of UFC Primetime last night on Spike drew a combined total of 1,494,000 viewers in 10PM EST time slot. The 10PM debut drew 880,000 viewers with 614,000...
  44. Mark Coleman has strong words for Shogun at the UFC 93 press conference
    "He is a legend in this sport and it is a pleasure to fight him again,” said Rua. But when Coleman took the stand, he rounded on the Brazilian and questioned the sincerity of his words. Shogun has...
  45. Affliction 2 - Event of the Year!
    DreamFighters.com Good read on Affliction "Day Of Reckoning"
  46. SCHAFER & MOHR IN THE LAND OF THE CELTIC TIGER
    Schafer and Mohr tell us that Ireland and the fans there are terrific! “The buzz about the UFC is felt all over town and the Irish fans know all about us! It’s really kinda cool!” said Mohr. Nate,...
  47. UFC eyes possible return to Louisiana for summer of 2009
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship is continuing its push across the United States as it gears up for a possible seventh event in Louisiana planned for some point in the summer of 2009 according to...
  48. Ricardo Arona eyes return to Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) in 2009
    “I’ve got news, I want to fight at ADCC 2009. My idea is to talk to the organizers and see if there’s a possibility of my being invited, for all the titles I’ve won at the event. I don’t really want...
  49. Fun and Games Part of the Plan for ‘King Mo'
    He comes out to the ring with his four queens. He dances and tries to get the referee involved in his routine before his fights. He might be called arrogant, cocky and maybe even disrespectful. But...
  50. UFC 93: Dan Henderson Q & A
    GAD: You're 38. Does retirement enter your mind? DH: It's hard to know when that moment is. There's a lot of fighters going through that dilemma. Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, it must be going...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691