MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Bielkheden Says He Returns At UFC 96
    Although the paperwork isn't done yet, David Bielkheden recently announced he will return at UFC 96. He can't reveal the opponent yet because the fight is not yet signed. Article
  2. Four Fights Scheduled to Be Televised at UFC Fight Night 17: Lauzon vs. Franca
    The UFC officially confirmed the full fight card for UFC Fight Night 17 emanating from the Sun Dome in Tampa, FL on 2/7/09. Currently, four fights are scheduled to be broadcast live on Spike,...
  3. Some Notable Quotes From Dana White
    Rumor of Chuck Liddell vs. Anderson Silva at UFC 100: "It's possible. If Chuck can win in his next fight, then we could see that fight. Liddell has been open to fighting Anderson, so maybe that can...
  4. Randy Couture now open to Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira fight
    “I’d fight Nogueira. I had other reasons to turn down that fight last year, but that was a whole different situation. He’s a tremendous fighter. I’ve watched him for years. I saw Danny [Henderson]...
  5. Fedor Emelianenko responds to Andrei Arlovski, Freddie Roach, and Dana White
    There are just 17 days until Fedor Emelianenko defends his WAMMA heavyweight title against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski during Affliction and M-1’s “Day of Reckoning” on January 24...
    Pages: 2
  6. Lyoto Machida Interview
    What are you training of special to him? (Thiago Silva) I'm training a lot my specialty first, the stand up game, my Karate, I’ve been focusing in this a lot, also the takedown part and the ground...
  7. Alistair Overeem could be going to Affliction - Wants Fedor
    DreamFighters.com Overeem could possibly be going to Affliction MMA.
  8. Gabriel Gonzaga will earn title shot with win over Shane Carwin UFC 96
    From Team Link Lead Trainer, Marco Alvan, via BrasilCombate.com.br: “Gabriel is in Brazil training a lot of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu where we believe will be the key to win this match…. It’s going to be a...
  9. Cole Miller targeted for UFC Fight Night 18 return in April
    UFC lightweight prospect Cole Miller (14-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will go for his sixth victory in seven fights when he appears at UFC Fight Night 18 in April. A source close to the fighter today told...
  10. Bisping Breaks Down Franklin vs Henderson
    "Rich Franklin is probably the smarter fighter out of the two. I think he's got better footwork, probably more technically composed fighter. Dan's got great knockout power obviously. They're both...
  11. Injured Eddie Alvarez Sidelined
    Dream ace Eddie Alvarez will not be able to keep his appointment with ZST standout Naoyuki Kotani in a lightweight contest scheduled to main event Extreme Challenge “War at the Shore” on Jan. 23 at...
  12. Dan Henderson: I'm going to take him down and beat the <Bleep> out of him
    I want to dominate him striking, in the clinch, taking him down, ground and pound... I want to dominate him everywhere, that is my goal,” says the former Pride FC double-champion. “I think the fight...
  13. UFC Quick Quote: Big fights are for people who sell tickets, not losers
    “A lot of it is pay-per-view (PPV) buys. If you sell a lot of tickets, you get fights. And Lesnar is one of the biggest ticket sellers we have in our sport right now. You can’t argue that, it’s just...
  14. Naked man arrested at Wal-mart looking for a MMA fight
    Officers with the Covington Police Department arrested a nude man looking for a fight Sunday at the Wal-Mart on Industrial Boulevard. According to the incident report, Jeffrey Pickett said he wanted...
  15. COLEMAN HEADS TO WOLFSLAIR BEFORE DUBLIN
    "The Wolfslair team over there in England, they're going to take care of me for the first three days over there," Coleman stated. "I'm going to train with those guys for a couple days and then fly...
  16. CHAEL SONNEN EXCITED FOR UFC RETURN
    Sonnen is slated to make his Octagon return on Feb. 21 against undefeated Demian Maia at UFC 95 in London. “The upside to (Maia) is that he’s fought three of my teammates,” said Sonnen. “I helped...
  17. Jackson Predicts Title in 2009
    “Give me my belt back,” Jackson said. “We all fight for the belt. If I get the belt back then maybe Forrest can get a ‘W’ and then me and Forrest could fight for the belt again. I’d rather take him...
  18. DAN MILLER STEPS IN AGAINST JAKE ROSHOLT
    A change has been made for the upcoming Feb 17 UFC Fight Night card in Tampa, Fla as MMAWeekly.com confirmed late on Wednesday night that Dan Miller has stepped in to replace Alessio Sakara in a...
  19. UFC 97 - Keith Jardine lined up to take on Luiz Cane
    UFC light heavyweight contender, Keith Jardine will not be making an appearance at UFC 96 as expected, but instead will resurface at UFC 97, most likely against the ever dangerous Luiz Cane. On...
  20. Free Live Stream: M-1 ‘Final Challenge’
    Starting at 10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST on Sunday, tune in as Sherdog.com broadcasts live from Europe with a nine-bout fight card. M-1 Challenge Final Edition Fight Card: Radmir Gabdulin vs. Hoon Kim Toni...
  21. Rampage: Guns Are Scary, Wanderlei Isn't
    Wanderlei Silva wants people to be scared of him at all times. But that didn't seem to work on Quinton Jackson, who says he isn't afraid of anyone unless they have a gun in their hand. Article
  22. Junie Browning Likely To Face Cole Miller In April
    Unfortunately we're about to see more Junie Browning in UFC whether we like it or not. Although the paperwork isn't done, Browning has a verbal agreement to face Cole Miller at UFN 18, scheduled for...
  23. Tim Boetsch Likely To Return At UFC 96
    Although the paperwork isn't yet done, verbal agreements are in place for Tim Boetsch to return to action at UFC 96. His likely opponent is Jason Brilz. Article
  24. Tito Ortiz's Ego Strikes Again...
    Fedor is going to know that his striking is not as good as Arlovski’s... I think Fedor has to get past Arlovski before he starts thinking about Tito Ortiz... I’m not a fighter to be taken advantage...
  25. Henderson: ''I'm Going To Take Franklin Down And Beat The **** Out Of Him
    Dan Henderson (23-7) believes he is a more well-rounded fighter than Rich Franklin (24-3-1) and intends to prove as much when they meet in the Octagon next week. “I want to dominate him striking, in...
  26. Rashad Evans Expects His Next Opponent Will Be Rampage Jackson
    While Rampage has suggested he wants a rematch with Griffin we now know Dana White wants a fight with Evans and voila: Evans expects it. On the "Big O & Dukes" show on CBS radio talker 106.7 WJFK in...
  27. Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva: ''I will fight no more forever (In the United States)''
    “I’m absolutely sure that [Silva] didn’t take boldenone or any other prohibited substance. The hearing with the Commission was a joke, they didn’t listen to the evidence. I continue to completely...
  28. Top Mexican Featherweights to Clash at Affliction II
    On January 24, MMA Champion Albert Rios will face Tijuana native and the number-one ranked fighter in Mexico, Antonio Duarte at Affliction M-1 "Day Of Reckoning" at Honda Center in Anaheim,...
  29. George Roop To Fight At UFCFN 18
    George Roop has agreed to fight at Ultimate Fight Night 18. The show will lead in to The Ultimate Fighter on April 1. Earlier today we reported that the event will take place at the Nashville...
  30. DREAM.7 - FeatherWeight Grand Prix - Aoki Wants to Join!
    DreamFighters.com Earlier DREAM had announced the creation of the Featherweight GrandPrix, which will take place in the first Qt. of 2009.
  31. The FireBall Kid Has Lost His Fire
    http://www.mmatraining.com/featured/the-fireball-kid-has-lost-his-fire/ Good article on Gomi's fall from stardom.. What do you guys think has gone wrong? Will he ever be back?
  32. Breaking: Rampage Pleads Guilty, Agrees To Plea Bargain
    Quinton Jackson today has taken a plea bargain in court today to possibly avoid jail in the trial stemming from his rampage last summer. He will now plead guilty to 2 charges and pay restiution and...
  33. UFC 93: Shogun Rua Training Video
    Video of Shogun getting ready for UFC 93..... http://thegarv.com/2009/01/08/ufc-93-shogun-rua-training-video/
  34. UFC 92 "Crushes" UFC 91 in PPV Buys
    It may be the new record holder... In a recent interview with ESPN, Dana White was asked what happens in the aftermath of St. Pierre vs. Penn, he responded "I'm not worried about that; I'm worried...
  35. Ricardo Almeida vs Matt Horwich to collide at UFC Fight Night 18
    Ricardo Almeida (9-3) will return to action against former IFL middleweight champion Matt Horwich (23-11-1) at UFC Fight Night 18 in Nashville, Tenn., on April 1. The 185-pound tilt was supposed to...
  36. Huerta Passes On UFC Contract
    So much for Roger Huerta sticking around UFC, at least for now. Huerta has turned down a 5-fight extension from UFC to pursue a career in acting in 2009, meaning his next fight in UFC-the last on his...
  37. Eight Winning Losers of 2008
    Eight Winning Losers of 2008 By Danny Acosta Sherdog.com Borrowing from a favorite Karate High School song, fighters can either believe "no one remembers second place" or "winning isn't everything"...
  38. Neil Grove to make UFC debut against Justin McCully
    Neil ‘Goliath’ Grove will make us UFC debut against Justin McCully at UFC 95 in London, Fighters Only has learned. Sources close to the bout said that both fighters have agreed to the match, although...
  39. BJ Penn Is Amazing
    According to Greg Jackson anyway, who apparently is impressed by Penn's performance in training and preparing to face Georges St. Pierre at UFC 94. Article
  40. Shawn Tompkins Interview Part I: “I just can’t see Arlovski winning the fight”
    Shawn Tompkins is one of the foremost authorities in MMA on the art of striking and thanks to Jake Hattan, one of his managers at Denaro Sports Marketing, FiveOuncesOfPain.com was recently granted an...
  41. Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss for UFC 96
    UFC 96 has rapidly changed from "quickly filling" to "nearly complete" status. MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the event that Ryan Jensen and WEC-import Steve Steinbeiss have verbally...
  42. After nearly walking away, Jorge Santiago is now among world's best
    Florida-based American Top Team is a camp full of champions. The latest fighter to add a belt to the ATT trophy case -- new Sengoku middleweight champion Jorge Santiago (21-7) -- has used a...
  43. UFC light heavyweight Antonio Mendes joins American Top Team
    UFC light heavyweight Antonio Mendes has officially joined the ever-growing stable of fighters at American Top Team. Officials from the Florida-based fight team made the announcement today. Mendes...
  44. Silva: ''If Machida Runs, I Run After Him
    Thiago Silva hopes he can draw Lyoto Machida into standing and exchanging when they fight at UFC 94. But the unbeaten American Top Team light-heavyweight says he is ready to go after his opponent...
  45. UFC 93 Regulation: “As if it would be in the state of Nevada”
    Because the Irish government does not recognize MMA as a sport, Ratner will oversee many logistical duties normally done by an athletic commission, including hiring of referees, ringside officials,...
  46. Bellator Fighting Championships Signs Former UFC Fighter
    Bellator now has a War Machine on their roster. War Machine, aka the former Jon Koppenhaver, has signed with Bellator Fighting Championships and will probably debut for them in April. Article
  47. Rampage Jackson Court Video Of His Guilty Plea
    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson court video and Jackson talking about how sorry he is for what he has done. http://www.mmatko.com/rampage-jackson-court-video-of-his-guilty-plea/
  48. Fighters twist while Elite XC dithers
    Patience is starting to wear thin among some of the country’s top mixed martial arts fighters, whose futures have remained in limbo since Elite XC closed its doors in late October. The issue is...
  49. UFC 98: Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra (*UPDATED* now confirmed by both fighters)
    Arch enemies Matt Hughes and Matt Serra will more than likely finally face off in the Octagon to settle their bitter score at UFC 98 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on May 23, according to Matt-Hughes.com....
  50. Shawn Tompkins Interview Parts II & III
    Shawn Tompkins is one of the foremost authorities in MMA on the art of striking and thanks to Jake Hattan, one of his managers at Denaro Sports Marketing, FiveOuncesOfPain.com was recently granted an...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711