MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. UFC 92 bonuses and awards for ‘The Ultimate 2008’ PPV fights
    Knockout of the Night — Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Submission of the Night – N/A Fight of the Night — Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin...
  2. Despite wanting Griffin, Jackson could be first to challenge for Evans' title
    With his violent knockout victory over Wanderlei Silva at Saturday's "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008" event, former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson (29-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) could get an...
    Pages: 2 3
  3. SATOSHI ISHII STARTS EXCLUSIVE NEGOTIATIONS WITH UFC
    Ishii yesterday started exclusive negotiations to enter into a contract with the UFC. LINK
  4. 'Rampage' Eyes Griffin Rematch, Not Title Shot
    Quinton "Rampage" Jackson wants to wear the UFC light heavyweight championship again, but what he desires most is another crack at the last man to defeat him. LINK
  5. JOE STEVENSON VS DIEGO SANCHEZ HEADLINES UFC 95
    UFC president Dana White, at the UFC 92 post-fight press conference on Saturday night, confirmed a previously rumored lightweight bout between Joe "Daddy" Stevenson and new 155-pounder Diego Sanchez...
  6. Nogueira Addresses KO; Talks Fight Against Couture
    "It was the first knockout of my career, said the ever-gracious Nogueira at the post fight press conference. "I feel like I didn't fight well tonight; I didn't fight my distance. He had a great fight...
  7. Jardine Will Not Fight Liddell in March
    Despite several reports assuring the fight, a source close to Jardine's camp says he will not lock horns with Liddell at UFC 96 on March 7 in Columbus, Oh. Jardine will, however, return against an...
  8. Minowaman Returns at FEG FiELDS Dynamite!! 2008
    Yet another fight was announced today for the absolutely monster FiELDS Dynamite!! 2008 year end event. According to Nightmare of Battle it was made official today that Minowaman, real name Ikuhisa...
  9. Dana White is unhappy with Steve Mazzagatti
    And when Kongo was pounding out Mostapha Al-Turk, the Beirut native’s face quickly turned into a messy site, and yet the pounding continued. Dana White criticised Mazzagatti’s actions with the...
  10. Alvarez vs. Aoki to determine first-ever WAMMA lightweight champ
    After weeks of speculation, the organization made the announcement early Monday morning via press release. FieLDS Dynamite!! 2008 is scheduled for Dec. 31 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama,...
  11. Dana White opens the door for “The Pitbull” to return
    Speaking to CBS Sports, White explained: “In nine years, there’s only one fighter that I’ve lost that I didn’t want to lose. That was (Andrei) Arlovski, and it still bothers me.” “I jumped on a plane...
  12. WAMMA Exclusive Interview in regards to Aoki/Alvarez For WAMMA Belt
    DreamFighters.com DreamFighters.com: So Mike, it is official? The Eddie Alvarez v. Shinya Aoki fight is for the first ever WAMMA Undisputed World Lightweight Championship? Michael Lynch: Yes, it is...
  13. Cro Cop Back to the UFC If He Beats Choi on NYE?
    Our buddy Robert at FreeFightVideos has a report that suggests a return to the UFC for Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic might be as simple as a win over Hong Man Choi on New Year’s Eve. Cro Cop has...
  14. Eilers’ Shooter a Former Sheriff, Stepfather
    Details released by the Canyon County Sheriff’s Office describe a frantic effort to save the life of Justin Eilers, who was fatally shot late Christmas night at his mother and stepfather’s residence....
  15. Chuck Liddell named as possible headliner for UFC 96
    With Randy Couture recently quelling previous rumors of fourth bout with "The Iceman," the next appearance for former UFC light-heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC) is still an...
  16. UFC 92 salaries: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson top earner with $325K
    Rashad Evans: $130,000 (includes $65,000 win bonus) def. Forrest Griffin: $100,000 Frank Mir: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $250,000 Quinton Jackson: $325,000...
  17. UFC 92 Medical Suspensions
    Link to MMAMania.com Former light heavyweight Forrest Griffin is the most notable competitor to make the list, but we knew it was more than likely a foregone conclusion after he revealed in the...
  18. Report: Demian Maia agrees to face Chael Sonnen at UFC 95 in London
    Undefeated UFC middleweight Demian Maia (9-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) has agreed to face former WEC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen (21-9-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC 95 according to a report on Maia's official...
  19. Wanderlei or Shogun could be in line for Chuck at 96
    Speaking with CBS Sports, White explained: “It will not be Jardine. If (Mauricio Rua) Shogun defeats Mark Coleman in Ireland, it could be Shogun — or it could be Wanderlei (Silva).” link
  20. Event Magic.tv deal fails, FieLDS Dynamite!! 2008 will not air live in U.S.
    FieLDS Dynamite!! 2008, the star-studded New Year's Eve event, has been unable to secure a TV or internet broadcasting contract and will not be seen live in the U.S. Officials from both FieLDS...
  21. - FIGHT-BY-FIGHT: DYNAMITE!! 2008 PREVIEW
    A breakdown of all the fights. link
  22. "Horn won't be scared like Henderson", says Palhares
    Rousimar Palhares (8-2) says Dan Henderson was ‘scared' to fight him on the ground when they met earlier this year. Henderson won by decision but Palhares' coach Murilo Bustamante criticised him for...
  23. Yushin Okami will receive title shot
    UFC middleweight Yushin Okami defated Dean Lister by unanimous decision at UFC 92. Even though the fight was not the most exciting bout on the card, UFC President Dana White confirmed that the...
  24. ****Le Banner out, Manhoef replacement****
    Le Banner is out of the fight against Hunt, i read on sherdog hes got the flu (not 100% sure though, it is sherdog), and Manhoef is replacing him in an open weight fight. DREAM OFFICIAL SITE K-1...
    Pages: 2
  25. Hellboy vs. JZ fight possibly cancelled
    Don't slaughter me if this ends up not true but its from a source that I've been following for years for my Japanese MMA news from the webmaster who is currently at the arena. "It is announced that...
  26. Andrei to boxing after Fedor bout?
    Link Ok, so its probably B.S, but its worth a look.
  27. Time Warner cable = No Spike TV
    I know this isn't MMA but this does affect peoples ability to watch MMA. Story Here Looks like Time Warner was unable to make a deal with Viacom and all Time Warner customers will loss access to all...
  28. Rashad Evans Explains "Gesture" During Fight With Griffin
    When [Griffin] got off his little flurry on me, and he gave me everything he had, I was like, 'Oh man. I've seen every trick in the book,'" Evans said. "And I knew that there was nothing he could do...
  29. Both Mir and Nogueira Were Injured Going Into UFC 92
    Earlier this week, Nogueira’s camp confirmed that he had a bad knee injury going into the fight, but had remained silent about it. Today, it emerged (via UFC president Dana White’s appearance on the...
  30. Troy Mandaloniz vs Paul Kelly set for ufc 95
    Link "The Ultimate Fighter" season six alum Troy "Rude Boy" Mandaloniz is packing on the pounds for his next fight. The Hilo, Hawaii native will on Tuesday sign his bout agreement for a welterweight...
  31. Wanderlei to drop to middleweight in 2009
    Sources close to the aggressive Brazilian EXCLUSIVELY revealed to MMABay that he will be moving to 185 pounds after spending the last couple of years fighting bigger men and coming up short. Often in...
  32. Kenny Florian: Ref Steve Mazzagatti Needs Glasses, Has Been Late With His Calls
    And now Kenny Florian is piling on. This week on ESPN.com's MMA Live, Florian suggested that Mazzagatti simply isn't fit for the job. "I think someone should have gotten him glasses for Christmas,"...
  33. Frank Mir Explains Why Miguel Torres Is the Best Pound-for-Pound MMA Fighter
    "I think Torres is the most dominating fighter there is," said Mir, who in addition to being the UFC interim heavyweight champ is the color commentator for the WEC. "His one loss, he was fighting a...
  34. Massenio Set To Have MCL surgery Today
    According to Brad Rysz of RotoExperts.com, UFC middleweight Mike Massenzio suffered a torn MCL three weeks prior to his December 27th clash with CB Dollaway at UFC 92. Despite the injury, Massenzio...
  35. JOSH NEER ARRESTED IN NEW YEAR'S INCIDENT
    Josh Neer – a veteran of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and International Fight League – was arrested early Thursday morning by Des Moines, Iowa police, according to the Des Moines Register. Polk...
  36. Post-Dynamite Notebook: Aoki Wants Bout with B.J. Penn
    “I think there’s no doubt that B.J. Penn is still the best at 155 pounds. He’s most likely the best fighter in the world. I don’t ignore the UFC,” Aoki commented. “I respect the UFC because it’s a...
  37. New champ Frank Mir: misinformation an effective strategy
    "Every fighter gets injured a lot during training camps," Mir said. "One thing I've learned not to do is – I don't really give any validity to my injuries. Some of my injuries are fake. I've faked a...
  38. Josh Neer management team issues statement after arrest
    “We are still looking into the matter as a lot of the facts are still unclear. We back Josh 100% in resolving this issue as quickly as possible and putting this matter behind us and moving forward. I...
  39. DREAM To Host Featherweight & Welterweight Tournaments
    After the success of lightweight and middleweight tournaments in 2008, the Japanese-based DREAM organization will launch featherweight and welterweight tournaments this year. DREAM executives made...
  40. Alistair Overeem: "Going to Attend UFC 93 and In talks with UFC" !!!!!!
    DreamFighters.com He says he wants Lesnar, Fedor and Mir - Plans to attend UFC 93, and is in talks with Dana white and the UFC. This is huge - Big step closer to having Overeem WHIPE OUT the UFC HW...
  41. TUF 8 Champ May Debut At UFN 19
    Although no announcement has been made and paperwork is not done yet, Jeremy Stephens says that he will be the opponent for TUF 8 Lightweight winner Efrain Escudero in his first post-TUF fight,...
  42. K-1 Dynamite Ratings Certainly Not Dynamite
    Pun intended, of course. The numbers are out and FEG's target of 15% ratings in Japan was not achieved. The rating came in at about 12%, not much lower than 2007 but still below expectations. Article
  43. Cro Cop Will Retire in 2009; Wants Final Fight in the UFC
    Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filopivic says he will probably retire in 2009 - and he wants his final fight to be in the UFC. He told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji (‘Early Riser’) today that he turns 35 later this...
  44. Lashley, Lombard Sign with PFC
    Don't know if anyone posted this yet but here ya go if your interested.. Former WWE pro wrestler Bobby Lashley and Cuban judo import Hector Lombard have been signed to compete on a mixed boxing and...
  45. Joe Rogan: Brock Is A Superhuman Sponge
    Count Joe Rogan among those impressed with new UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Rogan says Lesnar is a "sponge", trains all the time, is 100% dedicated, and is superhuman, among other things....
  46. Recent MMA Fighter Deaths Raise Questions
    The death of former heavyweight title contender Justin Eilers, due to a gunshot wound at the hands of his stepfather at a Christmas night party, marked the third death of a recent UFC fighter from...
  47. For Matyushenko, Little Nog Just The Beginning OF Affliction Run
    Riding an eight-fight win streak, former IFL light-heavyweight champion (21-3) may very well be the best fighter many MMA fans have never heard of. The 11-year veteran has fought for the UFC, IFL and...
  48. Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day Possible At UFC 96
    Having not fought since his decision win over the late Evan Tanner last year, it now appears that TUF 3 winner Kendall Grove will return to action at UFC 96 and face Jason Day. Article
  49. Sengoku 7 Weigh-In Results
    The weigh-ins for tomorrow's World Victory Road Sengoku 7 event were held earlier today. Everyone made weight so all 9 fights are now officially on. Article
  50. Undeterred by recent performances, Tito Ortiz looking to make impact
    Love him or hate him, Tito Ortiz (15-6-1) still draws a crowd. Such was the case when Ortiz was announced as a special guest at Affliction's December press conference for their Jan. 24 event from...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696