MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Bader,Escudero,Nover Talk TUF (+ Browning, Press Conference Vid)
    Humility could be the most common theme among the three fighters who made their way to "The Ultimate Fighter" season eight finale post fight press conference. As Ryan Bader, Efrain Escudero and...
  2. 10 Tough Debuts
    link 1. Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir (UFC 81, 2/2/08) So it’s a bit of a cheat -- Lesnar’s first pro MMA bout came against Min Soo Kim in 2007. But I argue that if your opponent doesn’t punch you...
  3. Mike Swick calls out Thiago Alves (Video)
    LINK
  4. Show him the money: Forrest Griffin open to Wanderlei Silva fight
    “I think Wanderlei is a bad man and Wanderlei will get [Rampage Jackson at UFC 92]. I’m not great at calling fights but that’s my honest opinion…. He’s a good training partner and we’re becoming...
  5. ‘Fight for the Troops’ raises $4 million in donations
    The three-hour UFC Fight Night 16: “Fight for the Troops” special from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C., on Wednesday, December 10, raised more than $4 million in donations for the Intrepid...
  6. Evan Shoman’s Work on Wanderlei Silva
    DreamFighters.com Here is the latest Evan Shoman render of Wanderlei Silva - Simply Amazing!
  7. BJ Penn sleeping in a Plastic Bag - Prep For GSP
    DreamFighters.com BJ Penn is taking no chances with GSP this time - Last time he used this method was against Sean Sherk.
  8. Escudero Eyes Future Fight Against Huerta
    Newly crowned Ultimate Fighter Efrain Escudero is already setting his sights high-he says that if he had to pick one opponent to face within a year, he'd pick Roger Huerta. Article
  9. Golyaev vs. Mitsuoka Added To Sengoku 7
    World Victory Road over the weekend announced Sergey Golyaev vs. Eiji Mitsuoka for its Sengoku 7 event on January 5. Golyaev is coming off a stunning decision win over Takanori Gomi while Mitsuoka...
  10. Akiyama To Fight In The UFC ?
    dreamfighters.com Reports are comming out that Yoshihiro Akiyama may be trying to get a contract with the UFC. In a recent Q&A with WVR PR Takahiro Kokuho, he answered a few questions regarding...
  11. Kenny Florian open to a rematch with Diego Sanchez
    Former middleweight finalist from the first season of The Ultimate Fighter, Kenny Florian, stated on the most recent edition of ESPN.com’s “MMA Live” that he’d be open to the possibility of a rematch...
  12. Eric Schafer vs. Antonio Mendes UFC 93 (Confirmed)
    UFC light heavyweight Eric Scafer (10-3-2 MMA 2-2 UFC), hoping to build off a recent submission victory over Houston Alexander, will next meet Antonio Mendes (15-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 93. Schafer...
  13. Semmy Schilt To Fight At Dynamite
    DreamFighters.com In a recent Video interview with MMArocks, Semmy Schilt noted he will be fighting at Fields Dynamite on New Years eve, however he is unsure who he will be fighting.
  14. Junie On Efrain's Fight: "I Fell Asleep Halfway Through..."
    We now have confirmation of one thing post-TUF 8: Junie Browning is still Junie Browning. He said with regard to housemate Efrain Escudero's fight, in his own way of course, that he was not impressed...
  15. Cro Cop Now On K-1 Dynamite...Yet Again
    The latest chapter in the on-again off-again saga of Mirko Cro Cop on the K-1 Dynamite!! card now has him on again. This time he's confirmed for a K-1 Rules match against Korean giant Hong-Man Choi....
  16. TUF 8 Finale Medical Suspensions; Bader Out 6 Months?
    The NSAC has issued the medical suspensions from the TUF 8 Finale, with 8 suspensions handed out in all. Ryan Bader's win was especially costly, he's facing 6 months if he doesn't have his right hand...
  17. Tito Ortiz To Appear At Affliction Press Conference Wednesday
    The largest contract in MMA history may be close to being signed. Tito Ortiz, who made such claims as a free agent, will appear at an Affliction press conference this Wednesday, and while nothing has...
  18. Semmy Schilt vs. Mighty Mo added to Dynamite!
    DreamFighters.com DreamOfficial has just announced the match-up between Semmy Schilt and Mighty Mo, at Fields Dynamite!
  19. Patrick Cote: Knee Surgery Successful
    “I feel great. I’m already walking with a brace and it’s all good. I’ll be back soon.” LINK
  20. Gouveia calling For Title Shot: ''Would Fight Anderson Tomorrow''
    Wilson Gouveia (12-5) is already calling for a shot at the middleweight title, despite having fought just one bout in the division after dropping down from light-heavyweight. Gouveia defeated Jason...
  21. Wanderlei Says "No Problem" To Fight Forrest
    The growth of MMA has also led to the growth of major gyms and teams around the world, but eventually teammates sometimes have to fight and that may be the case down the road for Wanderlei Silva and...
  22. EXCLUSIVE: “Rampage” to give 100% against Wandy
    In an EXCLUSIVE interview with MMABay, former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson promised his fans that he is the most prepared he has ever been coming into his UFC 92 clash...
  23. Quick Quote: Dana On FFTT Carnage
    Count Dana White among those probably thankful UFC Fights For The Troops happened now and not several years ago. On the carnage and injuries resulting from the card he said “Had this fight happened...
  24. Mirko Crocop has a Video Game comming out!!!
    DreamFighters.com No Joke, they have made a video game based on “Croatia’s best Fighter, CROCOP” …..
  25. Official UFC FFTT Medical Suspensions
    The North Carolina Boxing Authority has now officially issued 6 medical suspensions from UFC: Fights For The Troops. All are 30 or 60 day suspensions except for Corey Hill, who is suspended...
  26. Evans takes relaxed approach
    "If I am out there and I see him sort of looking relaxed or looking like he thinks it is going to be complacent first round then I will go out there and try to knock his head off." "I know he does...
  27. Randy Couture Joins Cast of Stallone's "The Expendables"
    Couture joins an all-star action movie cast that includes Dolph Lundgren, Jet Lei, Jason Statham, and even…wait for it…Forrest Whitaker. Ghost Dog, son! How could this not be good? link
  28. Cantwell Explains Controversial Comment
    Following Steve Cantwell’s impressive submission victory over Razak Al Hassan at last week’s UFC Fight for the Troops, the victor gave a post fight interview that included some comment that many have...
  29. Will Ribeiro crashes with bike in Rio
    The accident happened around 1a.m.. He were riding a bike without a helmet and, when tried to brake, skided and crashed”, told Luiz Alves, who also told the athlete is in coma at Andaraí’s Hospital....
  30. Ken Shamrock Returns February 13
    UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock announced on Tuesday that he will make his return to the ring as part of the Feb. 13 Valentine's Eve Massacre event in Fresno, Calif. The event is a co-promotion...
  31. Guida Announces New Deal, Confirms Next Fight
    Now that Clay Guida has signed a new UFC extension, "The Carpenter" will soon be getting back to building up his resume in the octagon. Guida has signed a new 4-fight deal that starts with a UFC 94...
  32. Tim Sylvia: Brock Wrong For The Sport
    While making sure to compliment him in recent comments, former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia still thinks that new UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar got pushed too hard too fast and that it...
  33. WEC 37 Live Gate & Drug Test Results
    The NSAC recently announced 2 more items from WEC 37: The live gate was $90,000 (643 paid tickets, 290 comps) and that 9 fighters were given post-fight drug tests. All 9 passed. Article
  34. TUF 8 Finale Averages 1.9 Million Viewers
    The ratings for the TUF 8 Finale on Spike are out and it's a very mixed bag. The show did a 1.3 rating with 1.9 million viewers-while it was the #1 program on all TV in its timeslot among men 18-34,...
  35. Chris Wilson vs John Howard at UFC 94
    Found this while browsing ufc.com. They have also confirmed Barros vs Kampmann and Schafer vs Mendes for UFC 93 link
  36. Ibarra Denies Offering Silva Help
    Juanito Ibarra, the former trainer and manager for ex-UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, on Monday told MMAjunkie he denies reports that he offered training and strategy advice...
  37. Vote For GSP As 2008 Canadian Athlete Of The Year!!!
    He regained his UFC welterweight championship from Matt Serra and further established himself as the best 170-pounder on the planet with his five round win over Jon Fitch. Now it's time for you to...
  38. UFC Signs HW Neil Grove
    Former Cage Rage contender Neil 'The Goliath' Grove has been given a four-fight deal by the UFC, Fighters Only can exclusively report. Grove (7-1) is a 6’6” 280lb Go-Ju Ryu Karate stylist who holds a...
  39. No Shadow, Arlovski Could Change Everything
    Vadim Finkelstein made an offer; Andrei Arlovski refused. It was 2005, the time of Arlovski's reign as UFC heavyweight champion. His talent and ambition had brought him Stateside in April of 2000...
  40. Mike Swick Proves He's Back On Track
    If there’s one ideal that’s become all too commonplace in sports, it is “what have you done for me lately?” What someone may have accomplished in the past can quickly be forgotten if in the eyes of...
  41. Affliction, UFC Going Head-To-Head On January 24.
    Touche yet again, Affliction. To counter the promotion's next PPV on January 24, UFC has announced it will air a replay of it's biggest show yet-UFC 91, headlined by then-UFC Heavyweight Champion...
  42. Satoshi Ishii Wants To Fight In UFC
    The potential DREAM exodus continues. This time the departing notable name is top judoka Satoshi Ishii, who today in Japan told the press that instead of apparently planning to sign with DREAM he...
  43. UFC Signs TV Deal In Brazil
    Now fans in Brazil can see their native fighters compete in UFC on TV. UFC has signed a 3-year TV deal to show UFC events & programs on 2 Globosat channels in Brazil. Article
  44. Affliction Responds to UFC's Counter-programming
    DreamFighters.com I do not consider this act to be an act of counter-programming by the UFC. The UFC regularly features on Spike stories of upcoming fights (such as the St. Pierre vs Penn II fight)....
  45. Affliction signs Tito Ortiz - as a broadcaster, not a fighter
    In a Monday release, Affliction Entertainment announced that Ortiz would be part of the star-studded press conference for its Jan. 24 pay-per-view event. The announcement even prompted some reports...
  46. "Cro Cop" says he's fighting Hong Man Choi on New Year's Eve
    DREAM and UFC veteran Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (23-6-2) says he will fight Hong Man Choi (1-1) at the Dec. 31 FieLDS Dynamite!! 2008 event at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. In an entry...
  47. Overeem: Wants Fedor and Lesnar - Willing to Fight Crocop in Kitchen
    DreamFighters.com DreamFighters.com: Is there any chance we can see you fight in the UFC? You said you would like to fight Brock lesnar? Alistair Overeem: I will fight on NYE in japan, big surpirse...
  48. Justin Levens and his wife found dead
    No one else has broken this news story yet so I hope its not true. "TMZ has learned former UFC fighter Justin Levens and his wife were found dead from gunshot wounds in a home in Laguna Niguel,...
  49. Rodrigo Medeiros Talks Brock Lesnar
    Two-time absolute world jiu-jitsu champion Rodrigo “Comprido” Medeiros began training with Brock Lesnar roughly five months ago. “Besides being very strong, he learns very fast,” the Brazilian, who...
  50. Tom Atencio Talks Future Of Affliction, Gina Carano And More...
    Affliction's Tom Atencio recently spoke with Gary Herman of 15rounds.com. Notable quote: Q: Is there a certain number of shows you’re looking to do in 2009? TA: Right now, we are looking at four...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696