MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting." />

MMA News Share Forum

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum
If you have come across an MMA news item in your travels that was worth a read then this is the place to post it to share it with the community. This will also add it to the MMA News area of the website. Please read the guidelines carefully before posting.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. A New Affliction, Fedor Muses On Arlovski
    It seems Fedor Emelianenko can’t be dragged away from combat sports. Even in his spare time the heavyweight has long practiced the Russian martial art Sambo as his hobby away from the profession of...
  2. ‘Extreme Makeover’ Rampage Jackson UFC 92 edition
    “You will never have seen the Rampage you’re going to see at UFC 92. This is Rampage who has been training with top sparring partners and top experts in all the various fields, top conditioners, top...
  3. Shooto ‘Gig North Volume 3' results & quick recap
    Here are the official Shooto ‘Gig North Vol: 3’ results: Junji Ikoma (11-9-4) fought Takuya Mori (5-3-1) to a draw Tatsuya Yamamoto (2-2) defeated Kazuyuki Yoshida (0-2) via rear naked choke...
  4. Dave Herman wins yet again during “King of Kombat” main event
    EliteXC-contracted heavyweight Dave Herman is not allowing ProElite’s recent demise to keep him idle. Competing on Saturday night for the Austin-based “King of Kombat” promotion, Herman headlined the...
  5. Anderson Silva to face loser of Light Heavyweight Clash
    ANDERSON SILVA will top the bill at UFC 95 in London, SunSport understands. But the 33-year-old Muay Thai master will NOT face light heavyweight superstar Chuck Liddell. Instead, we can reveal...
    Pages: 2
  6. Mac Danzig vs Josh Neer UFC Fight Night 17 fight possible for Feb. 7
    There’s a solid lightweight match up looming between Mac Danzig (18-5-1) and Josh Neer (24-7-1) at UFC Fight Night 17 at a yet to be determined venue in Las Vegas, Nevada, on February 7. It’s a...
  7. Black-eyed pea: A conversation with UFC lightweight Jeremy Stephens
    UFC lightweight competitor Jeremy Stephens (14-3) threw a devastating uppercut in the second round of his lightweight battle at UFC 91: "Couture vs Lesnar" that not only sent opponent Rafael Dos...
  8. Strikeforce also interested in female star Gina Carano
    Add Strikeforce to the growing list of organizations that is interested in Gina Carano's services. Actually, we should say Strikeforce is "interested again" in the undefeated fighter's services....
  9. Sadollah vs. Catone Rescheduled For Planned February UFN
    The fight between TUF 7 winner Amir Sadollah and Nick Catone, originally scheduled for UFC 91 but cancelled due to Sadollah being hospitalized due to a leg infection, has been rescheduled for a...
  10. Technical Fowl
    Thanksgiving: the holiday best celebrated by abusing your arteries and securing central obesity’s graduation from “health concern” to “full-blown epidemic.” In between trips to the apple pie trough,...
  11. Overeem: "Wimpy Cro Cop Hasn't Signed On To Fight Me"
    And in the latest round of trash talk between the eternal rivals, Alistair Overeem again is calling out Mirko Cro Cop ahead of their planned New Years' Eve rematch in Japan. Overeem claims Cro Cop...
  12. Werdum Confirms UFC Release
    Although UFC never put out any sort of press release or announcement regarding Fabricio Werdum's release from UFC after his loss to Junior dos Santos, Werdum has now confirmed through the TATAME...
  13. Frankie Edgar Gets His Purple Belt
    This past Saturday Ricardo promoted many of his students under the watchful eye of his teacher Renzo Gracie and 30 other very special guest Black Belts in attendance. New Ricardo Almeida Black Belts:...
  14. GSP Wants To Be A Legend
    Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight titleholder Georges "Rush" St. Pierre won a split decision over B.J. Penn at UFC 58 on March 4, 2006 in a non-title fight. The rematch is set for Jan. 31...
  15. Kim Couture Talks First Pro Win
    Victory was a long time coming for Kim Couture, and all the more sweet when it arrived at Strikeforce “Destruction.” In her second professional fight, Couture steamrolled opponent Lina Kvokov,...
  16. Eddie Alvarez next fight set for Extreme Challenge on Jan. 23
    It’s more than likely not a showdown with Nick Diaz or a rematch against Joachim Hansen … but it’s something. Former Elite XC fighter and 2008 DREAM Lightweight Grand Prix show stealer, Eddie Alvarez...
  17. New Strikeforce champ "Babalu" Sobral seeks "dessert" with Tito Ortiz
    One time UFC light-heavyweight contender Renato "Babalu" Sobral is undoubtedly one of the top 205-pound fighters outside of the world's largest promotion. After a TKO win over former champ Bobby...
  18. Andrei Arlovski interview - Talks Crocop and UFC
    DreamFighters.com Really good interview of Arlovski talking about Mirko, fedor, how he wanted to be a cop,a nd the UFC
  19. Manhoef Coming Out Of Retirement...Sort Of
    It seems that Melvin Manhoef's "retirement" was merely a break to recharge after losing to Gegard Mousasi in the DREAM MWGP. After just 2 months Manhoef will return to action, but not MMA yet-he has...
  20. Kenflo and Stevenson confirmed for UFC 2009- there are screenshots.
    http://sports.ign.com/articles/931/931594p1.html IGN Article (Pictures) Kenflo and Stevenson are confirmed for the game. Not big news but there are pictures, and at the IGN site there are video...
  21. Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer added to UFC Fight Night 17
    Despite no official announcement from the UFC of the event, a bout between Josh Neer (24-7-1 MMA, 3-4 UFC) and Mac Danzig (18-5-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been added to UFC Fight Night 17. MMAjunkie.com...
  22. *Chris Horodecki's Results from Shootboxing Monday*
    http://www.mmatraining.com/featured/horodecki-outpointed-in-s-cup-veteran-souwer-wins-tournament/ Took a decision loss in the quarters. Lost to a very experienced guy. No damage I guess. Just...
  23. UFC Champ Anderson Silva Denied Entrance Into Canada
    A planned visit to Kamloops by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was abruptly halted Friday when Canada Border Services denied the athlete entrance into Canada...
  24. Nate Mohr vs. Dennis Siver set to take place at UFC 93 in January
    UFC lightweight competitor Nate Mohr is expected to return from injury to take on Dennis Siver at UFC 93 on Jan. 17 at the O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland. FiveOuncesOfPain.com confirmed the matchup on...
  25. Kenny Florian rides streak to second shot at summit
    At first glance, Kenny Florian (11-3 MMA, 9-2 UFC) doesn't look like he fits the role of fighter. Especially in street clothes, Florian passes more for a guy who should be doing your taxes or fixing...
  26. URIJAH FABER TO FIGHT BACK AT WEC 38 ON JAN. 25
    Following his first loss in more than three years, former World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight champion Urijah Faber will get back on the path to reclaiming the title, as he faces top up and...
  27. Michael Bisping Can Beat Both Rich Franklin & Dan Henderson
    At least he thinks so. Michael Bisping says he'd love to fight both of them, and thinks he could beat both of them. Depending on who winds up being the US side's TUF 9 coach, at least one of those...
    Pages: 2
  28. Franca vs. J-Lau Possible For UFN 17
    The rumored UFN 17 card for February continues to come together. The latest fight in the works is Hermes Franca vs. Joe Lauzon. Bout agreements have been sent to both sides although it's not clear if...
  29. Jake Shields interview - talks about possibility of going to the UFC.the EXC situation, and his gym
    getpwnt.net Here's a preview of the interview: PWNT : If you do decide to go to the UFC, who would you want to fight? What would be a good fight to introduce you to the fans of the UFC? Jake Shields...
  30. Tag Team Mixed Martial Arts
    From ZST 18 at Differ Ariake in Tokoyo, Japan on Sunday, November 23rd, 2008: 6th Match - GT-F Tag Team Title Bout (total weight 135 kg) Bout 15 min Hideo Tokoro (Japan / Team ZST) & Masakazu Imanari...
  31. 10 Fights That Could Have Been
    Mixed martial arts remains a very young sport. Despite a short history that dates back less than 20 years, it has produced some remarkable fights -- bouts like Royce Gracie against Dan Severn, Frank...
  32. Liaudin Cut By UFC
    Jess Liaudin (12-11)will be letting his rib injury heal over Christmas before beginning his campaign to get back into the UFC early in the New Year. Liaudin’s last fight was at UFC 89, where he...
  33. Faber Vs Pulver @ WEC 38
    Recently knocked off his featherweight perch by Mike Brown, Urijah Faber will make a quick turn and get right back in the cage on Jan. 25 at WEC 38. A little more surprising, however, may be whom he...
  34. Cung Le still chooses movies over MMA for now
    “Right now I’m just going to focus on the movies because I got like three other movies lined up. I’m a martial artist first, so I come up through MMA, and I’m very grateful. I know where my roots...
  35. Rick Roufus eyes future after inconsistent first year in MMA
    Rick Roufus' (4-4) transition from world-champion kickboxer to first-time mixed martial artist has been an exercise in patience. But that's nothing new to the 41-year-old, who has been down this path...
  36. Shawn Tompkins " He's already like a son to me"
    "I moved Junie Browning into my house about a month and a half ago. I've kind of taken him under my wing and kept an eye on his training, career and his (laughs) social life I guess. I see big things...
  37. ProElite Fighting Jake Shields' Bid to Become a Free Agent
    The remaining representatives from near-defunct fight promotion ProElite are doing what they can to stop EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields from leaving the fold. Shields’ manager and father,...
  38. Darren Uyenoyama's Strikeforce Trifecta
    It’s not uncommon anymore for fighters to get more into the business side of MMA. Fighters have begun to become promoters, create clothing lines, and have long run the gyms and teams that have...
  39. Sean Sherk: “The number one contender spot is pretty much the LW belt”
    Sean Sherk is coming off the heels of a unanimous decision victory over fellow lightweight title contender Tyson Griffin at UFC 90 last month at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. Sherk and...
  40. Joe Silva Is Matchmaker For WEC Now Aswell
    UFC Vice President of Talent Relations Joe Silva is said to be handling matchmaking responsibilities for both the UFC and the WEC. LINK
  41. Mike Thomas Brown’s first defense likely to take place vs. Leonard Garcia
    With Urijah Faber now slated to fight Jens Pulver at WEC 38 on Jan. 25 in a rematch from the classic June encounter, multiple sources have informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com that current WEC featherweight...
  42. Fighting Fedor: Andrei ‘The Pitbull’ Arlovski Affliction interview
    If all goes according to plan, Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski (15-5) might have a new nickname in store come January. How’s “The Emperor Slayer” sound? Now riding a five-fight win streak and set to...
  43. Randy ‘The Natural’ Couture - before, during and after UFC 91
    Just a little over a week after his historical fight with Brock Lesnar at UFC 91, mixed martial arts legend and five-time UFC champion Randy Couture was the featured guest on MMAmania.com’s exclusive...
  44. Eddie Alvarez Signs With Bellator FC
    Former EliteXC lightweight contender Eddie Alvarez has signed on with Bellator Fighting Championships, which will air on ESPN Deportes according to the fighter in an interview with iGuillotine.com....
  45. Lister Wants Shot At Silva
    When the official card for UFC 92 in Las Vegas was announced, the middleweight bout between Dean Lister and Yushin Okami was conspicuously left off the main card despite the fact that many are seeing...
  46. More middleweight confidence: Nate Marquardt edition
    “[Michael Bisping and Demian Maia] are good fighters. Bisping can go and go, and Maia is good on the ground. But neither one of them has fought anyone who is as good as me or at the same level of...
  47. Crocop Calls Out Overeem to Fight In basement!
    DreamFighters.com In a recent interview with Sportal.hr, Mirko Crocop had some very interesting words to say of Overeem, including a possible match in Mirko’s basement…DreamFighters.com has the...
  48. Barney vs Rogers?
    Link Multiple sources have informed FiveOuncesOfPain.com within the last 24 hours that Affliction Entertainment officials are currently attempting to secure EliteXC-contracted heavyweight Brett...
  49. UFC 91 Does Big PPV Numbers
    In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter this week, Dave Meltzer has a short report on early numbers for the UFC 91 show. He reports that it looks to have beaten UFC 61 (Ortiz v. Shamrock) and came up...
  50. Palhares Vs Horn @ UFC 93
    Yesterday the wikipedia was informing one more rumored match into the possible line-up of UFC 93 scheduled for January 17 in Dublin, Ireland. The fight in question would put super veteran, Jeremy...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711