General MMA Talk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk
All topics relating to MMA and promotions that aren't strictly UFC-based go here. Old MMA Lounge and Other Promotions forum topics can be found here.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
  1. Gunnar Nelson vs Omari Akhmedov
    How do you guys see this fight going ? I feel like Nelson should be able to win this fight pretty easy but the only thing that concerns me is that Akgmedov seems to have dynamite in his hands. Also i...
  2. Peter Graham vs "Mighty Mo"
    How do you guys see this one going. Two K-1 fighters gone mma. I like how Mighty Mo has looked recently he looks like he has got some serious motivation back. The question that i get in my head is IF...
  3. L2 Typo featuring "The Cowboy"
    As I was perusing the up and coming events on L2 when I thought hang on a sec, how the hell did I miss Cerrone getting cut from the UFC?. On further inspection it is supposed to be Flavio Avaro vs...
  4. war machine gets weird, again...
    On a phone so I can't post the link but check out bjpenn.com for the links to the videos. He is all pissed off at 7-11 and 24 hr. fitness for some petty stuff. Then pulls out of the Bellator Tourney...
  5. Reminder: Glory 14 tonight
    Don't forget Glory 14 airs tonight on Spike TV at 9:00 p.m. ET.
  6. Tyron Woodley vs Carlos Condit
    How do you guys see this one going ? I feel that Woodleys explosive power and speed (in the begining) is going to be to much for Condit. I think that Woodley has a small advantage standing but he is...
  7. Buffalo Girls - Documentary about 8 year old girls fighting pro muay Thai in Thailand!
    Has anyone seen this? This looks like some pretty crazy shit. These kids look like they're fucking each other up. My friend watched the whole thing somewhere and said that the girl with the shaved...
  8. Pat Curran vs Daniel Straus
    Who do you guys got in this fight ? And why ? =)
  9. Hip Show: Arena Combat,
    Has anyone watched this if so what did you think of it ?? I just read an article about it don't know what to think. it's on AXS TV this Friday night at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT.
  10. How Russian President Vladimir Putin Changed One MMA Fighter's Life
    DISCLAIMER: I know this will stir conversation beyond the content of this story itself given the gravity of circumstance regarding world issues and Russia's ruler, but I'm posting it anyways. Anthony...
  11. 1 second KO video
    Check out this 1 second fight between a couple of welterweights at Ultimate Warrior MMA 14 (a subset of UCMMA) this past weekend. Link
  12. Cezar Ferreira - C.B. Dollaway
    Who you got in this fight and why ? I think C.B is going to win this because i belive he is the better fighter standing up and also alittle bit better wrestler. I dont think Cezar will be able to...
  13. Vitor Belfort - "Heart of a Lion"
    This is an article I wrote for Vitor Belfort. I don't usually do these sorts of things, like i'm about to do, but I'm asking for help. I want him to see it. He doesn't have to read the whole thing,...
  14. L2 Bellator 113 / KSW 26 / Legacy 29
    Just a heads up for you guys. Fights that were Deleted Bellator Terry Etim vs Derek Anderson (Etim injured) Derek Campos vs Brandon Girtz (Both are still on this combo but new opponents) Donnie Bell...
  15. Nate Diaz and TJ Grant Rumor
    Just read about this, word on the street is TJ Grant might be taking on Nate Diaz. Should be open hell of a scrap IMO with the winner (if had a GREAT showing) might be lined up for a title shot. It...
  16. Video: Watch Pat Barry in his first post-UFC kickboxing match
    Pat Barry retired from the UFC and MMA earlier this year after back-to-back losses and a 2-5 kid. On Saturday night, he made a triumphant return to kickboxing. Link
  17. Finally! Brazil gives us 5 on 5 Paintball/MMA combo cards!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDmSz2MX_4I#t=155
  18. Vitaly Minakov vs Cheick Kongo
    Who do you guys have in this fight and why !? Please elaborate =) Do you guys belive Minakov can get the takedown ?
  19. Sweet! Superhero on local card Sunday! You going Tyson?
    Gonna roll in, hopefully for free with press credentials! Sunday's Super Brawl Sunday, April 6th Bristol Marunde vs Ian “The Mule” Williams. Other announced matchups include: Jacob Boysen vs Scott...
  20. Vinny Magalhes got in some hefty Twitter beef with the vice-president of WSOF last night
    Link
  21. Hey Boys . You gotta see this lol.
    I don't know if it's got to do anything with MMA but hey - check it out . I had to share this one lol. I personally think it's too much but but i'd still watch it ... What do you think ?...
  22. 5-on-5 MMA Fight ... Must See To Believe
    Have we finally seen it all? Team Fighting Championship (TFC) is the latest absurd mixed martial arts (MMA) offshoot, where two teams -- with five members on each end -- lunge forward and brutally...
  23. Reminder: Glory 15 this Saturday
    For those of us in the US, Glory 15 will air on Spike TV via tape delay Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. ET. The rest of you guys can catch a live stream via BloodyElbow at 2:30 p.m ET. The link is below....
  24. Joe Rogan discuss Floyd Mayweather v RR. But the real question is....
    LINK So on SN Joe Rogan was asked about Floyd vs Ronda Rousey. This is nothing new, I mean apparently the boxing vs MMA debate has hit the point now whereby MMA would win so to make it fair it needs...
  25. My interview with WSOF Lightweight contender Nick Newell @Renzo Gracie's gym!
    Hello everybody! My name is Steven Dumeng and I am jumping into the world of MMA media! I attended amateur mma org Victory Combat Sports' weigh in event at Renzo Gracie's gym in New York City! Here's...
  26. Reminder: Glory 16 tonight
    Glory 16 will air live on Spike TV, tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET. Just a heads up for you guys. (Heavyweight) TBD vs. TBD - Heavyweight Contender Tournament Final (Welterweight) Karapet Karapetyan...
  27. Had a fight on Saturday.
    I fought up here in Washington on Saturday. Sorry I didn't let more people know, it gets a little bit crazy getting close to the fight. I fought Erik Ramsey (2-0, now 2-1), he was super tough and hit...
  28. Bellator 119/ MFC 40 combo changes
    This card started off great but took some hits but it's still gonna happen. This is just another heads up to you guys that don't already know. Fights that where deleted Brett Cooper vs Brandon Halsey...
  29. Anybody going to Saturdays Fight Night 40 in Cincinnati?
    I'll be there. Row 6 from the cage. Not going to the weigh ins or anything since I won't get off work until 1:30 AM, technically Saturday. Beside myself, airkerma and I-Got-This-Pick will be there....
  30. Rafal Blachuta joins the list of this years SOTY candidates
    Rafal Blachuta defeated Patrick Vallee in the second round with a Scarf Hold Armlock. Guessing I'm one of the few who watched it live so heres a GIF:
  31. How did you score Micheal Chandler vs Will Brooks?
    i had it 47-47 10-9 mc 10-9 mc 10-8 wb 10-9 wb 10-9 mc
  32. Anyone happy to see Tito get a win?
    Tito Ortiz treating Alexander Shlemenko like Solange Knowles treated Jay Z in last Mondays elavator attack.
  33. Winning fighter decides to tap out in amateur fight (video)
  34. How many buys did Bellator 120 get?
    Curious what everyone thinks the numbers will be. In my mind, anything over 100k would be a huge success, 80k would promising, 60k would be meh, and anything under 40k would be a disaster. Just my...
  35. L2- One FC 16, Top FC 2, SCC 2, Road FC 15 and Arena Fight 6 Combo
    Just a heads up to everybody. In case you didn't know this event was added about a week ago. That kept us from having a 3 week break from L2. But even more importantly to the ones that get your picks...
  36. UFC 173: Worst Night Ever for Fighter Safety?
    UFC 173 delivered on a night of entertaining bouts. There were some bright spots; a new champion was crowned in a dominant, upset victory. There were some decent new prospects that got to showcase...
  37. What did Brittany do to herself???
    compared too WTF was she thinking, i cannot understand
  38. Ben Askren - ONE FC bout (result & gif)
    Askren looked good in his debut, sad to see him go the way of the Buffalo in the eyes of many MMA fans. IMO I think he could wreck shop in the UFC, hopefully Dana changes his mind in the future and...
  39. Watch Michelle Nicolini destroy Tammi Musumeci's arm at IBJJF World Championships
    Miesha Tate? Pfffft. Razak Al-Hassan? C'mon, san. Those grisly submissions can't touch this gory arm dislocation suffered by Tammi Musumeci in her featherweight final against Michelle Nicolini at the...
  40. Who should Sokoudjou fight next in Bellator?
    -
  41. Ryan Jimmo vs Ovince St. Preux
    Who do you guys have winning this fight and why ?
  42. Rumor: Kimbo Slice signing with Bellator
    According to MMASupremacy on Twitter, Kimbo Slice has signed on with Bellator. Link
  43. WSOF 145lb Champ Georgi Karakhanyan is Nearly Finished Cutting 21.4+ Lbs
    Picture was 36 hours ago. https://twitter.com/georgimma/status/479122573406388225/photo/1 Of course many have done more but still, cutting that much weight in a short time must suck.
  44. Cezar Ferreira vs Andrew Craig
    Who do you think will win and how ?
  45. This weekend's L2 (Best Of The Rest) combo changes
    Just a heads up guys. There has been a few changes in order to salvage this weekend's WSOF 11 card. We where originally gonna have a small card but yesterday the Hot Bout and the Palomino vs O'Brien...
  46. The rise and spectacular fall of Chael Sonnen, UFC superstar
    A retrospective piece about the relevant years of Chael Sonnen in the limelight of MMA. It is part one of what will be several pieces the next few days from Bloody Elbow writing staff. It think part...
  47. Machida vs Weidman
    Who you got ? I think Machida will pull the upset on this one and i got my money on him and Uriah. I could see Machida maybe losing the first round after getting taken down after that i dont think he...
  48. I cried tonight.
    It was an emotional night for me. As I was as excited as one could be. Tonight was the night I would get to see bj penn fight live. I was a wreck from hearing his walkout song. Standing there...
  49. L2- This weeks One Fc 18/ The Hill Fighters/ Fight Nights/ Grandslam combo
    Just a reminder. This event is Friday morning at 630 AM ET and there are hardly any wagers up. Get your picks in so we can wager. This event isn't all that bad.
  50. Reminder: Bellator 120 pay-per-view replay airs tonight on Spike TV
    As a reminder, if you missed Bellator MMA’s recent pay-per-view debut, you can watch a replay tonight on Spike TV. Link
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175